Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 44)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2392 (259937 views)
Last post by: Amida on 03-31-2024 09:12 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Batch of G1 dash switch panels ready for trimming & drilling.

IP: Logged
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does that mean you have 7 dash kits pre-ordered? Way to go if that's the case. You built it and they came.

I can't wait to see your first completed dask kit upholstered and ready for install.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida you and Car-lo are blowing everyone's minds right now with your custom projects.

The dash is beautiful.

Can't wait to see how your rear diffuser and spoiler finish out.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, There is some conversation about your wheel flares over here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/125722.html

Thought you might have something to add....

thanx,

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Rob, There is some conversation about your wheel flares over here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/125722.html

Thought you might have something to add....

thanx,

Bob

Thanks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
G1 dash tooling fabrication nearly completed.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking stuff, Rob.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two sets of Fi355 interior urethane components in the raw.

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump updates ?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, please see your PM's.... thanks!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Great looking stuff, Rob.

Bob

Thanks Bob. But, I probably said it before, working with fiberglass has got to be one of the worst jobs in the world! On a daily basis your are in contact with: Toxic carcinogenic chemicals, harsh odorous fumes, explosive volatile solvents, stinky irritating dust, sharp skin impaling parts. And the loud deafening cutting tools can leave your ears ringing for weeks if you're not careful. Standard work attire: dust mask/respirator, ear plugs, goggles/safetly glasses, hat, gloves, coveralls. I'd like to see that fashion show. I really cannot say anything good about this line of work and I do not recommend it to anyone. As soon as I find another gig I'm outa this hell hole. Maybe I'll try baking custom twinkies.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-18-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Tossing the stock Fiero ovals for round 5 1\4" speakers was a better choice that provides a good fit.

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Tossing the stock Fiero ovals for round 5 1\4" speakers was a better choice that provides a good fit.

As much as I hate to admit it (I had just made alum. Speaker plates) this looks way better.

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates?
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you managed to finish one of these dashes and installs into a fiero yet? I've very excited to see what it would look like, Also have you thought of a price yet?
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida...UPDATE Please.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2012 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

Updates?

The cutting templates for the aluminum bezels are being designed before I take them to the waterjet cutter .
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome so far

May I ask how you make the small urethane panels? Do you make a mold and then the urethane is poured into it like a casting?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Looks awesome so far

May I ask how you make the small urethane panels? Do you make a mold and then the urethane is poured into it like a casting?

Flat parts can be made in an open mold by the pour method. However, any part that is not flat requires at least a two part closed silicon mold into which urethane is injected through a port with a large syringe. Air is displaced through exit ports at all high points. The entire mold is then pressurized in a tank at 75psi to shrink, but not eliminate, most bubbles until the resin has solidified. The mold is then transfered in to a 180 degree oven for a 24 hour curing cycle.

Reference: "How to cast small metal and rubber parts" , William A. Cannon, McGraw Hill.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,

Very cool...thanks for sharing the process.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

Have you managed to finish one of these dashes and installs into a fiero yet? I've very excited to see what it would look like, Also have you thought of a price yet?

The G1 demo dash has not been installed yet, but it will go in soon. Some smaller details still need to be worked out.

Pricing has not been determined yet, but to give you a ballpark I'm trying to keep the parts kit below us$1500, and with trimming/prep & upholstery under us$2700 + s&h.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-09-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am only making templates for the stock Fiero gauge bezels which will be precision cut aluminum on a water jet. However, if aftermarket gauges will be used in lieu of the factory gauges there is plenty of room for the main cluster and there is clearance in the rally pod for three 2 1/16" mini gauges. You will just need to cut new bezels for your application.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-09-2012).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,

Please let me know when I can put money down on my G1. I am so excited and can't wait to put mine together.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sexy I can't wait to see one all installed!
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Amida,

Please let me know when I can put money down on my G1. I am so excited and can't wait to put mine together.

+1
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still can't wait to see the finished product.

Are you going to be able to offer the dash in two-tone leather similar to your fi355 interior?

One thing my wife hates about my Fiero, is the interior. Her comment, the car is beautiful until you open the door, can't you do something with the interior?

Let me know when you're taking deposits as well. I'm ready to make a deposit to get one started for my hybrid 84.

------------------
84 Fiero SE, Custom Hybrid (Updated to 88 wiring throughout, t-tops, V6, 5spd, Fastback, IMSA style whale tail/decklid with vents, T/A fender vents, Aus Scoops, Extractor Hood, Formula bumpers, Held coil-overs, Mr. Mikes Seats, Hidden Antenna, Low-profile headlights, Custom Pearl Blue Paint, 17" ADR Sokudo wheels)
84 Fiero DGP/IMSA Widebody (Resurection on hold again...will it ever be finished? Probably not, at this pace )

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Are you going to be able to offer the dash in two-tone leather similar to your fi355 interior?

I do both vinyl & leather. Leather just costs a little more.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
count me in for a dash also, just let me know when to send down payment.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Pontiac G6 glovebox will need to be trimmed to remove the side panel and a strip at the bottom.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I'm first in line :-)

Bugger off!

Seriously, +1

Originally posted by troyboy:

count me in for a dash also, just let me know when to send down payment.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am surprised at how well the SEM spray can color matches the vinyl; practically a perfect match.

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I see this old panel now I cringe. The new cluster assembly will be a much needed facelift for the stock gauges. Once the display unit is finished & installed into my F6 widetrack concept, and I'm satisfied with it , then I'll be ready to duplicate the G1. I may start a new separate G1 dash thread to facilitate searches. Thanks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock Fiero console frame trimming. Forward stack no longer needed.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Had a little mishap with my razor blade; It slipped & cut too close to the edge. Luckily, the end cap is just barely covering the exposed edge. Lesson: always use a new sharp blade.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-16-2012).]

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thing is really taking shape! Astonishing work, as always.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MORE! MORE! MORE!

These teaser shots are killin' me!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The G1 panel templates are now at the waterjet cutter getting converted into CAD files for $100/hr...I'm in the wrong biz.

I left the space blank between the stereo bay and the hvac controller. If you decide to install switches in this space you can cut the appropriate size holes for the switch type that you use.

These push buttons on Ebay are cool:

Carling illuminated rockers, contura lazer etch series. These are a little taller at 1.9". A row of seven will fit the available space.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-17-2012).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

The G1 panel templates are now at the waterjet cutter getting converted into CAD files for $100/hr...I'm in the wrong biz.

Ain't that the truth Rob? I ran into the same thing but it sure makes for clean cuts!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yellowstone it would be cool if you could get one of these and get it installed by Daytona next year !?

Amida it sure would send your already promising sales into a tizzy if everyone got to see it in person at the show.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock