Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2392 (259937 views)
Last post by: Amida on 03-31-2024 09:12 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the scoop angle fits well with the notchie window. The door moulding will have to be deep, almost like a scoop.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-02-2009).]

IP: Logged
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
schweeeet!!

Bob
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I like it Rob.
it looks like a lot of work will be needed around the doors.
D.

Ditto. Curious what you have in mind for the doors.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipping day. It takes three work hours to make a box, pack & transport to Greyhound...how tedious. I'm ready for a cocktail.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's in the box?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

What's in the box?

It's a defective mail-order bride that I'm sending back to the South Pacific .
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Amida:

It's a defective mail-order bride that I'm sending back to the South Pacific .

Actually, a bumper & spoiler going east.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I read in another thread or earlier in this one that you had planned to create some rear fender flares (possibly some subtle ones)? Starting those soon by any chance?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I thought it was -->
[/QUOTE]

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
you have a pm.
also when glassing in the front blinker buckets, is it recomended to do a layer of glass on the outside (front side) of the bumper or just use short strand filler?
thanks
al
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Picked up some remnant red cloth from my supplier; thought I'd make some pillar caps with it for the Formula.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-30-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by doublec4:

I think I read in another thread or earlier in this one that you had planned to create some rear fender flares (possibly some subtle ones)? Starting those soon by any chance?

I haven't decided yet what to do about my mismatched wheels/fenders.
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I Picked up some remnant red cloth from my supplier; thought I'd make some pillar caps with it for the Formula.

I've never been a fan of exposed carbon fiber, if I was keeping this gun I think I'd paint the barrel.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Much better... Just needs a seam/cut line along the door opening.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-31-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by jmbishop:

if I was keeping this gun I think I'd paint the barrel.

Yep, same stuff. I think the carbon pillar caps will be a cool way to brighten up the otherwise dull black plastic pieces.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Much better... Just needs a seam/cut line along the door opening.

Something like that?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Something like that?

That'll do it. I just noticed the wheel opening on this rocker looks out of round. Will need to fix that. I wonder if it's the same on the passenger side.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine have a flat spot but it depends on how you're looking at them. Perspective will make it look flatter than it is.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Mine have a flat spot but it depends on how you're looking at them. Perspective will make it look flatter than it is.

That's strange, your rockers don't have the integrated belt mouldings like mine does. My mouldings are actually part of the fiberglass. Are they from different makers?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes mine are from V8Archie, the front of the rockers has a larger vent than yours and no molding.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rebuilt the door hinge ( with new pins, bushings, & rollers from Rodney Dickman) which had a severe amount of sag. What a PITA this job was. It was so bad that I could lift the rear of the door about 1/2". After removal I discovered that this was not just a simple bushing & pin relacement, the actual holes holding the bushings & pins were worn out & elongated & the lower bushing was actually missing. The only way to fix this was to weld up the holes and drill it back to normal size. This was an all day job & just for the driver side only. For anyone with the same issue, you might consider purchasing the whole rebuilt assemblies from the Fierostore to save you the hassle. Nevertheless, the new hinges are great, there is now zero sag & the door shuts like a dream.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-01-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That red fabric is hard to cut/grind. It's made of kevlar & can't get a clean edge from sanding. May have to just stick with black carbon.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Got one B-pillar done. Should look alot better once clear coated. I'm not sure how strong the 3M double sided tape is, I may just try it & see. If it falls off on the road, then I'll know it needs to be bonded. I'll also need to get new sail panels & arrow heads.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like it! pm sent
NoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoFieroSend a Private Message to NoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you ever get back to the F512 TR nose, I would be interested in one. Personally I think it looks like a natural on the Fiero.

Thanks
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what I keep saying. When are you going to make my bumper Amida?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoFiero:

If you ever get back to the F512 TR nose, I would be interested in one. Personally I think it looks like a natural on the Fiero.

Thanks

Yes I think it's a good nose for the Fiero, but people who've said they were interested have now disappeared so it's on the back burner now. Also, I've learned that fiberglassing large body panels, such as bumpers, is really, REALLY, hideous work. I'd rather have someone else do it if I can afford it. But, the dilema is that I don't think enough will be sold to make cents. Make sense?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-10-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

That's what I keep saying. When are you going to make my bumper Amida?

Maybe I should start a "who's interested?" thread.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Nice work

Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe I should start a "who's interested?" thread.

Yeah, you could take some better pictures of what you already have.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, you could take some better pictures of what you already have.

But, we all know how these "who's interested" threads work. You take the total count & divide by 5 to get a more accurate count.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm willing to pay a deposit, How many would it take to get this bumper made?
NoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoFieroSend a Private Message to NoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Listen, I understand completely where you are coming from. I wouldn't do it if a) I wasn't going to make some cash or b) I really wanted one for myself. So if it never happens I wouldn't be upset.

Would you let me know where you got your 512TR nose from that you are using for the mock up? That would help me not have to start from scratch.

Call me crazy but I like it better than the F355??

Thanks
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoFiero:

Listen, I understand completely where you are coming from. I wouldn't do it if a) I wasn't going to make some cash or b) I really wanted one for myself. So if it never happens I wouldn't be upset.

Would you let me know where you got your 512TR nose from that you are using for the mock up? That would help me not have to start from scratch.

Call me crazy but I like it better than the F355??

Thanks

Okay, you are crazy. The fi355 nose with slanted side scoops is a great combo. I got the 512 bumper a few years ago off ebay.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-12-2009).]

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd also be interested in the front fascia it looks excellent.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
PM sent
D.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm willing to pay a deposit, How many would it take to get this bumper made?

Thanks for offering. I'd like to see at least 5 people who want the fi512 nose. It still won't cover my cost, but perhaps it'll create more interest.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-12-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The SEM brand plastic coat has a nice satin finish. The adhesion promoter is a solvent that etches the plastic helping the color to bond to the surface. Great stuff for interior plastics as well.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock