Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 42)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2392 (259933 views)
Last post by: Amida on 03-31-2024 09:12 PM
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Working on door skin concepts to go with G1 dash:

code:

This is the correct shape of the Fiero inner door skin.

Maybe if I am lucky, I might inspire ROB!

This looks awesome, i'd like to see it in a fiero with custom dash.
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob.....just trying to inspire you...so I thought I would work out a few thoughts on the door skin:

code:

yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Modified steering column cover panel model.

G1 switch panel model for relocating stock Fiero switches i.e., headlights, dimmer, defroster, trunk release.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-08-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress is made!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Great!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moving over from the Fi512 thread photos of JackCastro yellow GT:

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G1 instrument pod model .

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The pod but also the 355 front on Jack's car! Great work!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 07-12-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G1 dash gap & clearance check with some scrap upholstery.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G1 dash passenger section model.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-22-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arrrrr......!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob...I am really getting excited...how soon do you think it will be before you are ready to ship?

Everything looks Amazing!

Thanks for all that you do
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob...I am really getting excited...how soon do you think it will be before you are ready to ship?

Everything looks Amazing!

Thanks for all that you do

Modeling not quite done yet, but getting there. Should be starting the tooling phase in a few weeks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The stock defroster vent screens will be re-used in the new G1 dash. They must be removed from the stock frame and trimmed to size.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A slight goof while wet sanding the primer. Repairing surface blisters. I forgot the fact that the model has a skin of chipboard above the fiberglass layer. Never mix water & paper products...it just gets soggy.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure wouldn't want to put those old oxidized grey switches in that new switch panel that Rob has done for all of us:

The best part about GM is that they love to reuse the same parts in many vehicles of the years.
They or a 3rd party after-market company was kind enough to make them in BLACK
So is a list of the parts I have located:

[URL=http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AC-Delco-Dimmer-Switch-26035239-Chevy-Olds-J2000-Somerset-Cutlass-Auto-Parts-/130509575812?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BFICS%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D230757242796%26ps%3D54#ht_4888wt_11 39]http://www.ebay.com/itm/New...%3D54#ht_4888wt_1139[/URL]

http://www.ebay.com/it m/AC-Delco-D1547D-Dash-Dimmer-Dome-Switch-85-95-Chevy-GMC-/310326766557?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BFICS%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D230757242796%26ps%3D54#ht_3054wt_1163

Corvette C4 Trunk Switch Black with White '94-'96

90 - 92 CAMARO IROC Z28

http://www.rickscamaros.com...witch-1990-1992.html

http://www.rickscamaros.com...witch-1984-1989.html

Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-08-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black switches would look good. The mountings look a little different though.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Thank you for sharing...I was actually trying to assist the other individuals who are also purchasing one of the G1 dash.

I personally am going to utilize all Audi/VW switches for everything except the headlight & dimmer...which I was hoping to utilize the ones shown above.

I do realize I will have to do some customization to utilize the following switches.

But think the flat black over the late 80's reflective plastic will just bring a cleaner and more modern look to the rest of the interior to complete your artistry.

TRUNK RELEASE

Getting the window switches and pwr mirror controls out of one of these...will have to custom plate for the pwr mirror controls, the 2 window switch & the seat warmer control switches.

Here is a close up of the switches:

and seat warmer switches:

also found this great after-market multi-function turn signal lever that fits the Fiero, but is a little short than the stock and has a rubberised soft coat...and they are new:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-09-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G1 dash driver side model.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting so excited! I can almost taste it...you are getting close to having this completed.

As always Rob...thanks for all that you do!
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question: Does anyone sell overlays for the stock gauges that are not white? Black dials professionally printed graphics on adhesive film.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

I do not know of anyone that does, but I had this thought while brain-storming. Why not contact "WhiteGauges" at 801-265-1100. They are out of Salt Lake, Utah and are the ones that manufacture the white gauge stickers. I figure that they already have the correct layout, graphics and offer custom units. I would imagine this will be the best bet to get what you exactly want. Hope this helps and thanks again for all that you do!
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,

I do not know of anyone that does, but I had this thought while brain-storming. Why not contact "WhiteGauges" at 801-265-1100. They are out of Salt Lake, Utah and are the ones that manufacture the white gauge stickers. I figure that they already have the correct layout, graphics and offer custom units. I would imagine this will be the best bet to get what you exactly want. Hope this helps and thanks again for all that you do!

The real issue is the media they print onto. Most material is white and the markings use colored inks (I am guessing they are printing digitally) With a black material you would have use white ink (I don't know of any white ink for digital printing) or print solid black with white knockout markings (getting a solid black that is consistent across the entire face would be a bear digitally).

Just a thought,

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valid point on the printing...now if we could get the digital graphics from "WhiteGauges"..we could then actually do a break-down for true color printing. My wife, in past work life, work for Integracolor printing and we still have friends their. They are the largest printing house for printing on plastics...to put it in perspective they print all of Walmart's, Home-depot's, Lowes, and a bunch of national chains of nurseries plant tags...which utilize full color processing on plastics.

So if we can get "WhiteGauges" to share the graphic and Rob you let me know if you want it customized at all...we will come up with a final set of graphics.

I then can hand off the digital files to Integracolor for printing.

Integracolor will ensure that it is the correct sub straight and glue to stand up to 150 degree and also can put a UV coating over it if desired.

We will have a few extra sets if we do this because of the press run...I would be interested in at least one set myself.

Let me know your thoughts.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-12-2012).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The digital file is the easy part. I would take me all of 15 min to make a set for the entire gauge package. Flexographic or screen printing on plastic would definitely be the way to go.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Let's figure out what Amid a has in mind then and design custom gauge faces that would go with hide ideas for the G1 dash.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was just curious if anyone made gauge faces with different fonts. The stock dials are just too plain & boring. These C6 Vette dials are sweet.

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Well, I was just curious if anyone made gauge faces with different fonts. The stock dials are just too plain & boring. These C6 Vette dials are sweet.

Agreed. Even though they are pricey, I bought a set of the blue digital fiero gauge clusters. I like how different they look, while still screaming "80's"
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out this page. Thats who made my Fiero/Firebird gauge overlay.
http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 08-13-2012).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone...found an interesting link to a subject matter earlier that we were discussing earlier in the thread...take a look:

http://www.fieros.de/en/ds/index.html

emailed them and ask if I could get it in blue to match my other digital gauges I am getting from Tom.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G1 dash shifter surround model comparison with stock panel. Less bulky, more streamlined.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great...thanks for sharing the update & pict. Let me know when you are ready to take orders.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worlds better than stock! Looks awesome!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Check out this page. Thats who made my Fiero/Firebird gauge overlay.
http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/

Is that overlay translucent to allow back lighting?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

The digital file is the easy part. I would take me all of 15 min to make a set for the entire gauge package. Flexographic or screen printing on plastic would definitely be the way to go.

Dr. W.

Can you draw the C6 Vette fonts on the Fiero layout?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
As with the stock dash a separate shifter surround will make installation/removal of dash & console components much easier. G1 dash shifter surround model.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Fi512 nose in gloss black.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-25-2012).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Is that overlay translucent to allow back lighting?

With blue LED
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G1 dash rally gauge hoody model.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock