Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2392 (259942 views)
Last post by: Amida on 03-31-2024 09:12 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

Rob,
i posted this on the wrong threat but i wanted to know how hard would it be to fill in the side moulding area on your 355 nose to use with an archie wide body kit. also how much for the nose and shipping to 07764.
thanks
al

It would be fairly simple for you to do. I would assume that the side mounting screws are blind/hidden & secured from the inside of the fenders. To fill in the moulding channel I would first pour some urethane foam into the channel, then grind down the foam & fiberglass to 3" below the channel, then laminate 2-3 strips of fiberglass, level & smooth with bondo. PM sent.
IP: Logged
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

What happend to the Ferrario thread, it's been pretty quiet?

Been sick lately and uber-busy at work. Should be able to get some things done on it this coming weekend though. I'm hoping to get the mirrors mounted correctly, the headlights in, and get the new fenders adjusted.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-18-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few fresh Fi40 dash components out of the moulds before trimming & prep.

And a console curing in the locker. Rear cpu cover with hatch ( latch components from the Fiero ) . Front of console will be modified to make clearance for the Fi40 dash lower heater vents.

Here's a Fi355 dash getting covered.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A batch of Fi40 & Fi355 urethane parts curing in the oven.
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOOKING GOOD
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, any progress on the Fi355 chin spoiler? I got some cash burning a hole in my pocket!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Amida, any progress on the Fi355 chin spoiler? I got some cash burning a hole in my pocket!

Waiting for the weather to get better, and need to catch-up on interiors. Not too long.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Some Fi355 dash process shots.

JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2009 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you show various molds, parts, etc, can you list specific materials that you used? For instance, what materials (brand names?) did you use to make the angled guage pod mold halves and finished product out of? Are you using vacuum potting? What kind(s) of casting resin? That sort of detailed info I would find ver-r-r-r-y interesting.

JazzMan
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Don't know if you, Amida, ever go to F-Chat, but I thought you may like this pic of a notchie-F355 type kit..... On the real pic there were a wee bit of lewd drawings, so I had to remove them........

Found here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/...php?t=19010&page=101

Pic:

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2009 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

When you show various molds, parts, etc, can you list specific materials that you used? For instance, what materials (brand names?) did you use to make the angled guage pod mold halves and finished product out of? Are you using vacuum potting? What kind(s) of casting resin? That sort of detailed info I would find ver-r-r-r-y interesting.

JazzMan

Go to the Alumilite site: http://www.alumilite.com

There is a great how-to section there on mold making & casting.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The most challenging piece to cover is the lower dash due to the severe curvature of the piece. I take a day to first pre-stretch the hide/fabric to mold it over the piece, this will help make glueing & application, the next steps, alot easier to do.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2009 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always amazes me to see your work Amida! :
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2009 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Always amazes me to see your work Amida! :

Bring your car over, I'll make a dash for you too.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2009 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

Found here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/...php?t=19010&page=101

Pic:

Talk about some small wheels. I'll guess the those are 14s .
Galliero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2009 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it a man after my own heart. I always draw and sketch out my designs to. Have you looked the Lamborghini gallardo body on the fiero frame its a perfect fit. Thats what i based my project on because the body lines of the car which are very similar to the XLR. You can check out my thread on here 'been living in a cave" or on youtube by searching for cardboard car check it out and I hope you enjoy I plan on beginning my fiberglass this spring with the help of fieroboom, hopefully. Enjoy the show keep up the good work i'
ll be watching.

This is just a very rough sketch of the full frontal view. I just needed to get some ideas down on paper. I'd like to start a project like this sometime. My design goal is to achieve a look that is very Pontiac & Identifiable as a Fiero while blending in more current body lines. I'll try to utilize existing off the shelf parts too.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Galliero:

I love it a man after my own heart. I always draw and sketch out my designs to. Have you looked the Lamborghini gallardo body on the fiero frame its a perfect fit. Thats what i based my project on because the body lines of the car which are very similar to the XLR. You can check out my thread on here 'been living in a cave" or on youtube by searching for cardboard car check it out and I hope you enjoy I plan on beginning my fiberglass this spring with the help of fieroboom, hopefully. Enjoy the show keep up the good work i'
ll be watching.

I think 'JimmyS' has something to do with a Gallardo rebody on a stock Fiero wheelbase. I can see restyling the GT fiero will a more chiseled look like on the Gallardo. I'd still like to do a stretched GT with a slightly tilted roof.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Beginning dash assembly. Joining upper & lower sections, Installing defrost vents, A/C vents & passenger side access hatch. It's looking more like a dash now.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beginning dash assembly. Joining upper & lower sections, Installing defrost vents, A/C vents & passenger side access hatch. It's looking more like a dash now.

I like the glovebox door - would be nice on the Fi40
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi40 coming along

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, your work is gorgeous!!

If you ever have some spare time to sketch/doodle around...

I would love to see what you would come up with with an Audi R8 inspired interior, with your own personal touches.
(Or Lamborghini Murcielago, Gallardo; Lotus Evora; Audi A6, new TT-RS) Or a cool blend of the above, while keeping the possibility of a double DIN Navi (easily readable for the driver, extra gauges, and shallow lilke the OEM Fiero dash, or the F-355 dash (so it doesn't eat into cabin space)

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Amida, your work is gorgeous!!

If you ever have some spare time to sketch/doodle around...

I would love to see what you would come up with with an Audi R8 inspired interior, with your own personal touches.
(Or Lamborghini Murcielago, Gallardo; Lotus Evora; Audi A6, new TT-RS) Or a cool blend of the above, while keeping the possibility of a double DIN Navi (easily readable for the driver, extra gauges, and shallow lilke the OEM Fiero dash, or the F-355 dash (so it doesn't eat into cabin space)

Thanks. The Fiero could use an updated interior and I'm up for doing one, but it'll have to be very affordable for the Fiero nuts and I'm not quite sure how to do it cheaply. Perhaps just re-shape the dash & re-use all existing parts/components/instruments etc. But, I would at least change the airvent to the round G6/G8 type.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
Thaught I would give this thread a bump to see whats been happening lately. Any progress on the chin for the fi355 front?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,
Thaught I would give this thread a bump to see whats been happening lately. Any progress on the chin for the fi355 front?

I've been a little tied up with getting other projects out the door. Will be starting on the chin shortly as the weather is looking better nowadays.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Just finished another project in time for summer.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 05-11-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Another finished dash.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A couple more dashes in the process.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Rob, lots of product going out the door lately! Do I see a bigger workspace in the future? I hope so, you deserve it, hard work should be rewarded. Can't wait to see the fi355 chin spoiler... I mean gravel scoop
Got my car lowered 1.5" I think that the chin is not going to be that bad for clearence.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 06-08-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, PM sent
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, Rob, lots of product going out the door lately! Do I see a bigger workspace in the future? I hope so, you deserve it, hard work should be rewarded. Can't wait to see the fi355 chin spoiler... I mean gravel scoop
Got my car lowered 1.5" I think that the chin is not going to be that bad for clearence.

Lookin' good. I'll be going with 2" lowered spindles next. I'm close to shipping out a few Fi40 dashes, once those are on their way I"ll be diving into the fi355 gravel scoop.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Fi355 nose for Ferrari turn signals...on it's way to the East coast.

PFF
System Bot
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think i know where that one is going!!!
Rob you do awsome work (now if i could only afford one of your interiors).
keep us posted on the chin spoiler!

btw the pics here are nicer than on the email!

f40fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f40fieroSend a Private Message to f40fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am wanting a f40 carbon fiber dash. I am taking the middle console out and not using it since there is nothing there that I need other then the shift knob and e brake that I have modified to set over next to the shifter. I am doing a 01 northstar with a g50 and extension and modification on frame structure and aero dynamics of the kit. Inside is all carbon kelvar and roll cage with mr2 rear window. I need a dash if interested in making one since I dont have time for that.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just ordered 2 of these
Rob, I sent you an email and the money is on the way to you.
Thanks
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
I just ordered 2 of these
Rob, I sent you an email and the money is on the way to you.
Thanks

Two ?? Hmmmm,......
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2009 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
i got my bumper yesterday afternoon. i liked it from pictures...love it in person.
YOUR WORK IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN!!
THANKS!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2009 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,
i got my bumper yesterday afternoon. i liked it from pictures...love it in person.
THANKS!!!

Post some pic's as sonn as you get it on the car
D.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by f40fiero:

I am wanting a f40 carbon fiber dash. I am taking the middle console out and not using it since there is nothing there that I need other then the shift knob and e brake that I have modified to set over next to the shifter. I am doing a 01 northstar with a g50 and extension and modification on frame structure and aero dynamics of the kit. Inside is all carbon kelvar and roll cage with mr2 rear window. I need a dash if interested in making one since I dont have time for that.

I've experimented with carbon fiber for Ferrobi's Fi40 dash pod, and I must say that the amount of labor that goes into it, compared to normal fiberglass fabrication, is quite a bit more when using the vacuum bagging method. I'd like to try the infusion method next, but either way producing a good looking carbon fiber part is more costly. For a dash quote please e-mail me at: FieroInteriors @Juno.com. Thanks, Rob

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Rob,
THANKS!!!

That was fast. Where is your build thread? Thanks.

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
build thread is comming. waiting on the wide body from archie and i have some mods i have to do to both bumpers.
i'll take pics and when it starts comming together, i'll start a thread and start posting.
seriously though this bumper is solid and much better quality than most of the panels i have seen on the import cars!
i'm glad i went with your bumper, worth every penny!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock