Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  87 FIERO GT 3800 SUPERCHARGED BUILD (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
87 FIERO GT 3800 SUPERCHARGED BUILD by fieroaddicted
Started on: 12-20-2012 06:25 PM
Replies: 417 (26302 views)
Last post by: deezil on 01-20-2017 10:31 AM
jraul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jraulSend a Private Message to jraulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the best. 3800 sc engine for the fiero like the best year and series
IP: Logged
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jraul:

What's the best. 3800 sc engine for the fiero like the best year and series

I am not sure jraul, but i think that the series III is the best of the bunch, or at least the s/c off the newer engine is better. I would stay away from a series 1 engine. There is barely any aftermarket support for them and the series ii is night and day better. Mine is series II.

Shift cable came today!

hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it common practice to use a sealer on an Eaton (M62 or M90) supercharger base gasket?

Also, is there a mounting bolts torque sequence pattern available for these superchargers?

Thank you for the help on this.
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hdryder:

Is it common practice to use a sealer on an Eaton (M62 or M90) supercharger base gasket?

Also, is there a mounting bolts torque sequence pattern available for these superchargers?

Thank you for the help on this.

Technically there should be no need for sealer on the gasket between the LIM and the S/C. There is sealant made into the gasket in certain areas as shown in my pic

There is a yellow o ring that gets installed inside one of the hole in the gasket that surrounds a port in the top of the LIM. Don't forget to install it.

When torquing the s/c, a head, etc, always start from the center and work your way outward in a criss cross pattern. Make a first pass at roughly 3/4 of the overall torque and then make a final pass at the proper torque to finish it up. Let me know if you need anything else.
troy
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
worked away a bit on the car this afternoon. trying to get the shifter cables all buttoned up on this thing so i can mount my gauges and get the interior back together. Held up though due to one of these clips that hold the cables in place. Thought i had them all accounted for, but appears i am issing one. Have to go on the hunt for one tomorrow

[/URL]
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a brake hose clip. Try Jegs or O'Reilly's.
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2014 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85 SE VIN 9:

Looks like a brake hose clip. Try Jegs or O'Reilly's.

they are much larger than a brake clip..
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couldn't find one at local parts stores so i decided to try and make my own. Actually came out ok. True test will be when i get home from work and see if it fits ok

fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85 SE VIN 9:

Geez, you know what they tell you if you try to get a garage to replace your water pump? "Oh, we don't have anyone here today who can do that." "We need the car for at least a whole day." "Oh, that's a seven hundred dollar rated job, we looked it up." And dollars to donuts they would screw it up something awful. One evening! Hats off to you!

Thanks, it is actually a pretty easy job. Fortunately this car is not needed for day to day driving (obviously lol) and i can afford to have it sit there for days, months, whatever, while i pick away at it. I think part of the reason the shops can get away with charging what they do (other than the obvious), is that people generally need their vehicles and can't afford to have them sitting for more than a day unless they have a second vehicle...so i figure ya are paying for prompt service as well. Either way it is expensive and is great when you are able to do your own work

85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All good points. If someone was paying me to fix their Fiero it would be very challenging to keep them happy. Few repairs go smoothly and things rarely work properly after the first pass. Even after spending liberally on tools and parts way too much time is wasted on looking for the right tool and part. Most repairs wait on good weather and circumstances as well. I don't work on hot engines or under dripping cars and if (usually when) I run out of time things are just patched up or I walk or ride the bike home. Lots of things I just live with. In over five years of owning Fieros this is the first month of having a working e-brake. For almost two years the GT trunk leaked anytime it rained or snowed. The SE wipers have never worked except on high. The GT air conditioning has never worked past Father's Day.
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In over five years of owning Fieros this is the first month of having a working e-brake. For almost two years the GT trunk leaked anytime it rained or snowed. The SE wipers have never worked except on high. The GT air conditioning has never worked past Father's Day.

Yes i still have much to do to get mine finished up and roadworthy. Need new ebrake cables, brakes, and rotors still...and a few suspension parts. Everything has to work on the car here to get it through inspection so I still have some work ahead of me.
PFF
System Bot
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroaddicted

662 posts
Member since Dec 2012
Tried the clip i made to hold the shift cable, and it seems to work fine. Of course I started cleaning up the interior of the car and getting it ready to start reassembling it, and i found the clip I was missing lol I couldn't get the f23 clutch line adapter from fieroguru so I ended up ordering one from Roger. Should be here in a few days. Also got my bleeder piece from ebay on the way, so I should be set when they show up to finish the clutch line assembly and get the clutch working. Then, if there still isn't any snow, I will have to take this baby out for a little run around the subdivision.
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clutch line adapter came today from Roger! Looks like a good quality piece.

fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My bleeder assembly came today. I had to buy the complete assembly in order to get the bleeder piece i needed. I removed the clip retaining it to the rest of the assembly, not knowing that when i did so, it would fly to pieces! I think i found all the parts to it. In the following pic, the parts are laid out in order and the adapter i got the other day is also shown in it's position

fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got the assembly together finally tonight. I was having trouble getting the line adapter piece to go into the bleeder far enough to to lock in. I ended up having to grind the taper back a bit farther to make it like the stock piece, and then managed to get it to snap in place. I only needed about 1/16" taken off the taper.

fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was trying to hook up my shift cables the other day, which are 2 select cables...one being a new one whick was bought from rodney, and the other was the stock one. It appears that the stock one is about 1 inch too short to lock in at both ends. Guess i will have to buy another one from rodney
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I am fast forwarding a bit. Been quite busy and been picking away at the car off and on in my spare time. I finally got the car road legal and drove the car for the first time. To say i was stoked would be an understatement. This has been a long 2.5 yr or so journey to the completion of this project. Can't believe it is finally drivable I have put on about 100km on it since the other day and aside from a coolant leak from a new cap i installed on one of the alt bracket heater core ports to block it (the cap cracked all to heck and split), it has so far been trouble free. Looking forward to putting some miles behind me over the next month or so before she goes to sleep for the winter!

deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump... how are you running your O2 sensor in your dual set up? Where is it located down stream?

Nice build BTW.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock