Started on: 11-08-2003 01:08 AM
Replies: 380 (59576 views)
Last post by: sanderson231 on 03-03-2023 10:15 AM
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for yashmack
IP: Logged
burntwood

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for burntwoodSend a Private Message to burntwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My project for the weekend... can't believe I missed this one!

Thanks $RICH$

------------------
* 1984 Black Fiero SE (1995-1998) blown tranny - rest her soul
* 1988 Black Fiero Formula (2001-2004) Was to be a 3800SC, badly rusted rear frame.
* 1988 White Fiero GT (2009 - Present) This one's a keeper!

White88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88FormulaSend a Private Message to White88FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So all you gotta do is pull the negative lead and tighten an extra ground wire under it and run the wire to the frame somewhere and you're good to go???
burntwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for burntwoodSend a Private Message to burntwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by White88Formula:

So all you gotta do is pull the negative lead and tighten an extra ground wire under it and run the wire to the frame somewhere and you're good to go???

Apparently so from the pics and threads I read. So I'm going to pick up two or three braided grounding straps and start attaching to different places on the block. You could just run one cable to a distro-block or something to mount to different places?

------------------
* 1984 Black Fiero SE (1995-1998) blown tranny - rest her soul
* 1988 Black Fiero Formula (2001-2004) Was to be a 3800SC, badly rusted rear frame.
* 1988 White Fiero GT (2009 - Present) This one's a keeper!

FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump to the top of the list for the newbees.

~ Bob

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

White88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for White88FormulaSend a Private Message to White88FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have yet to do this, I ran into autozone the other day and I see the sell double end eye cables for 5bucks they say they're for starters but they look like they'd be thick enough gauge *about half inch around I'd say* to be used as another negative battery cable
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a good cheap way of doing this is to get some of those cheap jumper cables and some battery terminal copper crimp eyelets. i did that when i was doing my battery relocation. now i have a red (+) and a black (-) wire going from the front to the back. i used 6ga cables too. you can get them down to 2 or 0 ga if i remember right.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 04-19-2010).]

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

a good cheap way of doing this is to get some of those cheap jumper cables and some battery terminal copper crimp eyelets. i did that when i was doing my battery relocation. now i have a red (+) and a black (-) wire going from the front to the back. i used 6ga cables too. you can get them down to 2 or 0 ga if i remember right.

I can't remember where or who, but I've read using jumper cables is not a good idea for some reason. It might have been because that is not what they are designed for but I think it was more than that. I thought of it too and obviously it would work but some said not to....

[This message has been edited by countach711 (edited 04-19-2010).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can i do this mod with one of those braided ground wires? Like the one on the decklid? Or do i need a larger gauge wire? Just curious cause i happen too have an extra one of those braided ground wires laying around..
loveliesbleeding

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loveliesbleedingSend a Private Message to loveliesbleedingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello All
I have completed this additional ground but have a question. I ran the cable from the block to the negative battery post instead of the chassis. Is this acceptable or should it go to the chassis? Also what are the main grounds on a 2.8 as the one from the block to the decklid is gone. I want to make sure all are in place as I am chasing a slight idle surge issue.

Thanks so much for any help
Kevin

Vehicle is a 1985 Fiero GT 2.8
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loveliesbleeding:
Also what are the main grounds on a 2.8 as the one from the block to the decklid is gone. Thanks so much for any help

Originally posted by jetman

The 4 main ground ties and positive leads.

#1. (-)Braided block to body ground deck lid hinge. The main braided strap is critical.
#2. (-)Trans to body. The trans to body is a backup.
#3. (-)Battery to body. Battery (-)post to tray.
#4. (-)Battery to engine block. The big batt cable (-)post to bolt on engine hoist hook.

Positive leads (+)

#5. (+)Battery to starter
#6. (+)Battery to main terminal below C500.
#7. (+)Alternator feed to main terminal below C500.

NOTE. The Ogre has mentioned that if #7 is bad, you will get large voltage drops under load just like a bad ground. We all know what bad grounds do to a Fiero's electrical systems!

All my life I have been a real stickler about good grounds and connections. It was theogre who taught me about those grounds and also the positive feeds on the Fiero so credit where the credit is due, all I did was to put it on a list for everyone to see.

PFF
System Bot
Spoilt_87fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for good information!
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a great thread. I'm going to check all of my grounds this weekend, and replace what is needed.

I've already changed the main, braided ground strap from the engine to chassis and it helped a bit. But I think there may still be some bad grounds (very slow electric windows and the headlights are not so bright).

This is for the new guys without manuals (and to help me focus on the grounds). It helps to find the stock grounds and confirm that they are in functional and making good contact.

I hope this helps people.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nine pages and 7yrs. of great info!

Sure will try this fix.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read an interesting article the other day related to this.
(sorry if this was talked about in this post but have not read through all the pages.)

A guy kept replacing his CV joints and hub bearings because they would fail after a year or less. Turned out it was due to a bad engine ground. What was happening is in the case of his model of car it had a heavy engine ground as well as body ground.
(unlike the Fiero small body grounds.) Whenever he started the car since the engine ground was faulty the current would flow through the body ground, through the hub bearings and the cv joints and transmission to start the engine. This caused small pit to be burned into the bearing and cv joint contact points causing them to fail often. Replacing the engine ground solved the problem.

The reason I bring this up is related to this post. The standard Fiero body grounds would never be heavy enough to start the engine as they would not carry enough current.
If you add new heavy body grounds without making sure the engine ground is good you could develop this same issue with your car. If you engine is starting well it probably would not happen but in the future if your engine ground failed it could happen.
Of if you have poor starting issues now and think adding the body grounds will help you could have the same issue.
Since the main object of this fix it to add a better ground from the engine to the body it would also likely not occur.

Just food for thought...

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 03-06-2011).]

fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:

A guy kept replacing his CV joints and hub bearings because they would fail after a year or less. Turned out it was due to a bad engine ground. What was happening is in the case of his model of car it had a heavy engine ground as well as body ground.
(unlike the Fiero small body grounds.) Whenever he started the car since the engine ground was faulty the current would flow through the body ground, through the hub bearings and the cv joints and transmission to start the engine. This caused small pit to be burned into the bearing and cv joint contact points causing them to fail often. Replacing the engine ground solved the problem.

Wow. How did he EVER diagnose that?

BTW, nice markup of the manual, Jim_Martin29. Good research that made the job easier for all. '+' for you.

This thread has serious staying power.

[This message has been edited by fyrebird68 (edited 01-28-2011).]

Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks fyrebird68, I appreciate it.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..It starts with cleaning all the original cables
wire brush the battery post/connectors,,even a hard toothbrush will help connection,,remember everything starts at the battery
the duke especially needs the ground wire battery to engine CLEAN,bright
always clean the small wire battery to inner fender,brush screw/bolt AND the metal it threads into,use bigger screw if needed
add at least ONE engine block to frame ground ,if you do nothing else. thick braided wire is prefered but even a heavy wire will do the job..if low on rubles
Your other cars benefit from great clean, bright ground connection .
Good grounds save on purchase of electronic parts,helps lengthen there life ,zap, pop arching ,zap

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 01-28-2011).]

fiero ss 436

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero ss 436Send a Private Message to fiero ss 436Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top for an awesome thread.

------------------
84 fiero se with 436 sbc 600hp,630 ft lbs tq.sold
85 fiero gt.2.8 all original with 80,000 miles.
swapping in cadillac northstar.

elusivedotone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elusivedotoneSend a Private Message to elusivedotoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do local auto parts stores like NAPA, Autozone or the like sell decent ground wires? Or is there a site that sells a good ground wire?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah they should. Pretty much any store that sells battery cables should have what you need.
PFF
System Bot
elusivedotone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elusivedotoneSend a Private Message to elusivedotoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys i just bought a Maximum Energy "Switch to Starter Battery Cable" (SS40-4) 4 gauge 40 inch cable. Will this work ok?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The reason I bring this up is related to this post. The standard Fiero body grounds would never be heavy enough to start the engine as they would not carry enough current.
If you add new heavy body grounds without making sure the engine ground is good you could develop this same issue with your car. If you engine is starting well it probably would not happen but in the future is your engine ground failed it could happen.
Of if you have poor starting issues now and think adding the body grounds will help you could have the same issue.
Since the main object of this fix it to add a better ground from the engine to the body it would also likely not occur.

Just food for thought...

My college roommate has a 67 mustang that did the same thing, only through the c4 transmission. After 2 rebuilds on warranty, the transmission shop pointed out to him that he forgot to add a engine block ground when he swapped the v8 in.

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As per Dodge Runners info ---- Grounding thru the CV joints was a somewhat common problem with the chrysler k-cars when the mechanic loosened the (slotted) motor mount to realign the front cradle as the ground strap was on the cradle bolt. As a parts store we repalced a large number of axles for mechanics before this was figured out. Can't have enough good grounds!
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My apologies as I did not read all nine pages of this thread...

Would adding another ground to an 84 4cyl engine help at all? If so, where could it be placed?

Thanks!

Plus for you $Rich$
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FirstDrCar:

My apologies as I did not read all nine pages of this thread...

Would adding another ground to an 84 4cyl engine help at all? If so, where could it be placed?

Thanks!

It sure would not hurt. Any bolt on the block run to a hinge bolt would probably work fine. The 4's don't set as close to the fire wall as the 6's so would probably need a little longer strap.

FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It sure would not hurt. Any bolt on the block run to a hinge bolt would probably work fine. The 4's don't set as close to the fire wall as the 6's so would probably need a little longer strap.

Thanks for the response. + for you. Definitely a useful upgrade.
fieroadam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroadamSend a Private Message to fieroadamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read ALL 9 pages amd I have to say, this is the VERY NEXT thing Im doing to my 85 3800 SC I, since I am currently trying to sort out electric issues. I know what kind of problems a bad ground can cause so reading this has definitally "shined new light" on my problems. PLUS 1 MILLION
deloreanant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Performed this "upgrade" and my engine runs 10x's smoother and my exhaust doesn't smell so rich. Thanks for this helpful tip!
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put a ground from the battery to the block and pleunum, but noticed no changes. What did I do wrong? I thought I saw someone say that would work on here.
hypo327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I told you I'd read your thread Rich, but I didn't realize it was going to be 7-years long and popular as this. Easy to understand why though. Funny how something so simple can be overlooked so much, and cure so many ill's. Makes me want to go out and check all of my grounds now; although I don't have any issues, other than my windows have always been slow. My car spent most of it's life in storage or a garage before I got it...so, knock of wood, no grounding issues yet. But I'm definitely going to check them all out. Maybe get my windows to go up faster..?

One other thing I wanted to mention: Along with ground cables getting old and tired...My Fiero expert mechanic told me to replace all my fuses, as they tend to get old and less conductive also. I did so, and it did make a difference in my dash lights, radio, and probably some other things too. You are a smart guy...must be those dread-locks ;-) Good thread...see you on face book...I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your Formula that you like so much!

Michael

[This message has been edited by hypo327 (edited 07-02-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
nyranger6830

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I favorited this post a few weeks ago and ordered my new cables and they finally arrived today! Just got done reading all nine pages but im still a bit confused as to where i should hookup wires! Can someone just make a quick simple list to where i should hookup cables to? I no the answer is probably in the thread so please dont hate me! :0

Thanks
Tony

------------------
Fieros......Gotta Love Em!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087369.html

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took 10 gauge wire & ran from the frame to engine, frame to body, body to engine,battery to engine, battery to frame. ya can't have too many grounds & it's incredibly cheap. works for both 4 and 6 cylinder, all engine swaps.
fast40driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what it's worth, if you are serious about connectivity, use some anti-corrosive grease on the connections - you can get it in the electrical department of the home improvement store. aircraft commonly will also use Belleville washers to maintain tension - you can stack them to get the tension you require. www.mcmaster.com

Mike
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been meaning for some time to replace my positive cable end, as the one I have now has all sorts of issues and consistently loosens up. This is because there was an adapter on there put on a few owners back and I never really got around to sorting it out.

I did clean the main engine ground and all the other major grounds about a year ago. I took them all apart, scuffed where they install clean, and then reattached everything. Never really ran all that better for me.

So today since I had some time off I decided to finally work out the issues with the positive cable on my car, and while I was down there working with things install this ground from my EGR bracket to the small ground bolt on the battery tray. Oh man. This made a world of difference. Before, my passenger-side window was going a wee bit slow and my driver's side headlight motor was beginning to have minor issues. Not anymore. Now both the windows roll up and down at the same speed and faster than before, and my headlights now almost both rise in unison (driver's still a tad slower, but not much).

This is all on a car that has right below 280,000 miles.

I really should have done this before. The OP gets a plus.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT... with REALLY high mileage

redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim_Martin29:

This is a great thread. I'm going to check all of my grounds this weekend, and replace what is needed.

I've already changed the main, braided ground strap from the engine to chassis and it helped a bit. But I think there may still be some bad grounds (very slow electric windows and the headlights are not so bright).

This is for the new guys without manuals (and to help me focus on the grounds). It helps to find the stock grounds and confirm that they are in functional and making good contact.

Thanks for the diagrams... + for you! I saw one picture showed a 4 cylinder, got my hopes up. I hope the diagrams are true for my duke, I have an 84. I recently went through a wiring nightmare. I have eveything in the engine bay upgraded, though I think I might add yet another engine to body ground to be safe... A club memeber made a NICE big one. I even beefed the battery cables to a 2 gauge. Not easy to find. Napa made the ground one! So now I need your diagrams to go over all my interior grounds and front end grounds! I got to get those windows going. They won't go up unless the car is idled up... LOL!
------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

[This message has been edited by redraif (edited 11-30-2011).]

nyranger6830

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Paul Taylor:

I too added an extra earth strip last year. See the pic below. From the Fiero Plenium to the right hand rear strut. And then from the Strut to the Battery. Thus creating a new Chassis earth at the same time. Before i had over 100ohm's resistance from the Chassis to the engine. Now its 0 Ohms.
I also noticed Smoother Idling, and about 2MPG better gas millage.

I tried doing what Paul said last night and came up unsucessful! My problem is 1, I dont know how to connect the strap from the chassis to the battery and 2, I cant get that damn plenum bolt off for the life of me! Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tony

------------------
Fieros......Gotta Love Em!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087369.html

Batlvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BatlvrClick Here to visit Batlvr's HomePageSend a Private Message to BatlvrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nyranger6830:
Just got done reading all nine pages but im still a bit confused as to where i should hookup wires! Can someone just make a quick simple list to where i should hookup cables to? I no the answer is probably in the thread so please dont hate me! :0

We're in the same boat Tony -- just pulled the battery from our 88 GT (automatic) and want to check the grounds while it's out. Read this thread nearly a year ago and I've been looking for 'cliff notes' or a similar 'cookbook' for awhile. Hoping for something like Jetmans list, but with photos. Until then I'm pulling what I can from the 9 pages ^^0^^, it's in there --
Thanks ya'll -- Laura

------------------
Laura S Finn
www.flybynightinc.org

FieroGTChile87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTChile87Send a Private Message to FieroGTChile87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car has had a problem for many years where the lights dim and the voltmeter dips down when the fan comes on, and if my foot is also on the brake, the turn signals freeze. I'd definitely like to give this a try.

Someone else asked it, and I'd like to know too, would the braided ground strap from the block to the decklid hinge be suitable? Because I too have an extra.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to install the exact set up as shown in the first post, but where it bolts to the block, I have an empty hole....

Anyone know what size bolt goes there? I'm also missing the bracket that is held there (no idea what it's called).

Anyone have either or both of these?

Thanks,
Tim
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave