Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  PETROLPHOBIA (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
PETROLPHOBIA by USFiero
Started on: 03-04-2005 11:52 PM
Replies: 573 (10780 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 01-08-2024 08:34 PM
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick! Go gas up RIGHT NOW! Fuel the national paranoia! (You you remember the 'gas out' campaign - you know, ONE day we buy NO gas?) I heard on the news that an up to 20 cent per gallon jump in gas prices MAY occur next week.

Or a giant meteor could smash into Nebraska.

Have a nice day.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gasoline futures indicate a very substantial hike this summer. According to NPRs economic 'wizards', it's due to a big increase in demand for gasoline---(get this)--IN CHINA!
According to the segment I listened to yesterday, the Chinese-not the Americans-are going to be playing the biggest role in dictating the demand for fuel in the future. Wasn't expected to happen for a couple of years yet, but looks like it's already here.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
super... now we need to buy all their surplus bicycles like they bought up all our surplus scrap metal last year.

Hybrid Fiero here I come!

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll just disconnect 4 injectors and run in 4 cylinder mode. Just like the good ol' 8-6-4 caddy engine.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

Hybrid Fiero here I come!

One Step Further... (Thought If that was mine, I'd paint it a bit differently...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 03-05-2005).]

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2005 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

One Step Further... (Thought If that was mine, I'd paint it a bit differently...

Just imagine all the battery acid that would go everywere if that thing were to be involved in an accident.......no thankyou.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2005 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, today gas prices were already up fourteen cents at the same gas station since I posted this. dangit for being right. And there is that funky splash paintjob again: http://greenplanet3.org/ev/
Saw it here from the same stylin' crew: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/049654.html

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 03-06-2005).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2005 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-03-2008).]

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jazzman i'm not bashing technology by any means , I just noticed all those batteries and this thought of accident popped in my head resulting in a shower of battery acid "OUCH thats gonna leave a mark" An electric car would be cool especially when it comes to passing the gas station/oil changes/head gasket changes/stupid ignition problems . I'm ready for the MR. fusion to come out so i can swap it onto my car !
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, since I last posted premium gas went from 1.99 to 2.14 per gallon.
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
prices up this summer? heck. two weeks ago i was paying $1.66, this week i'm paying $1.99. it's not even spring yet. what's it going to be by july, $2.99?

at some point americans wont be able to afford to drive to work, then we're going to see some "adjustments". maybe we should invade a couple more oil-producers? Mexico? Canada? but that doesnt seem to help lately, maybe because the DOD uses oil too?

PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-12-2005 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn speculators!

Berlin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BerlinSend a Private Message to BerlinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Damn speculators!

Well if it makes you feel and better you can do something bad to something like scream at the gas til prices go down. Yeah that will work yeah.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

prices up this summer? heck. two weeks ago i was paying $1.66, this week i'm paying $1.99.

On a vehicle with a 12 gal tank (Fiero), that's only a difference of 3.96 per fillup. Guess I will have to give up internet service, or cigs, or beer, or cookies, or food, or life ins, or something.

Oh wait-it's almost 1st qtr dividend time isn't it?

NYSE:XOM

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-13-2005).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
On a vehicle with a 12 gal tank (Fiero), that's only a difference of 3.96 per fillup. Guess I will have to give up internet service, or cigs, or beer, or cookies, or food, or life ins, or something.

You take all the fun out of it, you know?

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Berlin:

Well if it makes you feel and better you can do something bad to something like scream at the gas til prices go down. Yeah that will work yeah.

Speculators are making the prices go up, but hey! I don't care. I will really only start being concerned when it gets up to $4.00 a gallon.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I don't like higher gas prices anymore than anyone else, and if I had a 60 mile round trip commute to work every day, I'd like it even less. The truth is, we've been paying way less than most of the rest of the world for a long time. I believe our Canadian and Australian members have been paying the equivilent of $2/gal or more for a long time. So far, gas here hasn't breached the $2/gal mark yet, but it only has to increase .001 cents to do so-$1.999 yesterday is what I paid for convience store gas.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Speculators are making the prices go up, but hey! I don't care. I will really only start being concerned when it gets up to $4.00 a gallon.

Yes, at that point I will be too, but I fully expect to see it happen somewhere down the line. The only good thing is there is an adequate supply--for now.

Rainman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live close enough to work that I can bike all summer long, which was the plan anyway.

Fuel prices have not and will not affect my driving style unless they become astronomical. I go out for hours at a time cruising t he backroads, driving all over neighboring states just to go camping, and going out of state to visit family. This happens nearly every weekend in the summer and I don't plan to lete gas prices impact my lifestyle.

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2005 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:
I'm ready for the MR. fusion to come out so i can swap it onto my car !

Somebody say fusion?

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will really only start being concerned when it gets up to $4.00 a gallon.

The problem is that the cost of gas trickles down into all consumable goods. It's not so much we've been paying less than the world average, but our economy, the economy that influences the worlds' economy would e impacted. We'll buy less cheaply built products from margianly functioning third world workers and they will recess into greater poverty. And I doubt it will cause our own incomes to go up to compensate. Kiss the increase in the minimum wage goodbye. And those who refinanced their homes with an adjustable rate are really going to feel the pinch. A 300 pound gorilla pinch. All we need is a couple refineries in poorly defended countries to be hit 9-11 style and gas will become unavailable and/or $20 a gallon. I'm changing my habits to top off the tank every week instead of going two weeks at a time like I was. Probably better for the car too.

Oh, and I suppose Bush will get blamed for this too.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 03-13-2005).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, and I suppose Bush will get blamed for this too.

well now that you mention it
hey, that explains everything! thanks!

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 03-13-2005).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, sure. We have so little as it is...and now, this. Well, maybe our new Governor can put a positive spin on it..."Just think, the meteor will be a WONDERFUL new tourist attraction to our state!" Yeah...but who's going to be left to see it?

I wish you had posted this earlier...I wouldn't have wasted yesterday getting the car ready for the World Of Wheels car show in Omaha next week.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2005 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, no extraterrestrial projectiles falling on the hapless midwest, but the gas prices at the local el cheapo gas station is $2.10 per gal for regular today. Yes, it went down for a while to just around $2, but it's heading back up again in spite of a reduction in crude oil prices last week. I did just see a news story where prices have exceeded $3 per gal in northern CA.
In spite of all this I think the US economy is just healthy to withstand the increases for a while. Funny how you don't hear the hue and cry to tap our own emergency reserves, huh? Of course this isn't because of some emergency, it's China, it's the Saudis trying to make the consuming countries uncomfortable enough to pressure the US to pull out of the Middle East (unlikely in our lifetimes) or El Nino/tsunamis/Al Queda/Planet X....

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 04-05-2005).]

AndyLPhoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2005 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyLPhotoClick Here to visit AndyLPhoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to AndyLPhotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, no extraterrestrial projectiles falling on the hapless midwest, but the gas prices at the local el cheapo gas station is $2.10 per gal for regular today.

What are you complaining about? Regular unleaded went from $2.29 late last week to $2.39 this week here. I'm about to go fill up my Explorer for good measure before the price goes up again. Hopefully this tank will last for a while as I drive the other cars around...

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$2.17/gal
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2005 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.36 here at alot of places. My money say 3 bucks a gallon all day. Then it will fall at the end of summer but it will still be over 2 bucks a gallon.

------------------
Failing to prepare - Is preparing to fail....

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2005 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
wantafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wantafieroSend a Private Message to wantafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since no other California folks have posted yet, I'll throw our prices up here. I'm paying $2.48 a gallon for regular - and that's the Navy Exchange prices. Out in town it's a minimum of .15 higher per gallon. Where I buy at has gone from $2.12 to it's current price in about a week.
Red88GT19

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88GT19Send a Private Message to Red88GT19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$2.819 on my fill up yesterday

It'll be $3 by Memorial Day guaranteed, prolly sooner than that

862M4inCA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 862M4inCASend a Private Message to 862M4inCAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most places are 2.95/gal for premium around here. I just have to say I'm glad I'm only putting gas in a 10 gallon Fiero tank rather than a 30 gallon hummer tank!
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found BP @ 2.19.9 today. Thats really good for our area, usually its 2.27.9 or more.
LOTS more near tourist world.
DEISEL is 2.37.9 to 2.55.9 !!!!! Its just crude oil with the rocks and sticks filtered out. It won't even run a Kerosun heater. Why is deisel more expensive than premium gasoline?
In Europe they have quick little cars like Jettas powered with turbodeisel engines.
Deisel fuel can be made from corn or soybean oil or recycled fryer oil from McDonalds.
Why is the government (Own3d by the oil companies) pushing hydrogen instead of BIODEISEL as an alternative fuel?
The USA has the most productive, efficient farms in the world.
We COULD be growing our own fuel instead of fighting wars to control foreign oil!
Just my $.02.9 worth.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 04-10-2005).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:
I found BP @ 2.19.9 today. Thats really good for our area, usually its 2.27.9 or more.

AND BP (British Petrol) doesn't buy ANY of their crude from the Saudis.

Weponhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WeponheadSend a Private Message to WeponheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
actually diesel and kero are pretty damn close and you can use it in reverse , kero in a diesel engine IF its an emergency. I like the people on tv making up excuses for high diesel prices "oh its the same as heating oil and the price should come down over the summer...." uhh yea i've known that and it has been the same way for the last year what gives? we are almost to 2.50 here wheee not cool.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2005 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, prices went down a smidge. didn't think I'd be happy to see it get back below 2.10, but I paid 2.09 last nite!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2005 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you think anyone would notice? Sorry, litespd

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2005 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:
Why is the government (Own3d by the oil companies) pushing hydrogen instead of BIODEISEL as an alternative fuel?

I would guess that hydrogen burns cleaner than any kind of Diesel. Less pollution.

The USA has the most productive, efficient farms in the world.
We COULD be growing our own fuel instead of fighting wars to control foreign oil!
Just my $.02.9 worth.

I guess you're one of those who complains about high gas prices AND complains about "wars over oil"?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock