Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  PETROLPHOBIA (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
PETROLPHOBIA by USFiero
Started on: 03-04-2005 11:52 PM
Replies: 573 (10780 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 01-08-2024 08:34 PM
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero on 3/18/2006: gas at the discount station is $2.47/gal today.

Here it is 3/29/2007 and I get a sense of Deja Vu.... prices have gone up about a dime in the last week. $2.44 to $2.57 average locally. And peering into the future/past:

Originally posted by USFiero on 4/10/2006:
my usual station was $2.65 today, but I found $2.59 and filled up.

Originally posted by USFiero on 4/9/2005:
$2.17/gal

going back to the beginning of this thread (I can't believe it's been two years!)

Originally posted by USFiero at the beginning of this thread:

Well, since I last posted premium gas went from 1.99 to 2.14 per gallon.

------------------
John DuRette
Custom 85 SE/86 GT
"Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

IP: Logged
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

USFiero

4870 posts
Member since Mar 2002
...like this needed a double post...

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 03-29-2007).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any bets on avg gas prices for the 4th of July?

$3.75 is my guess.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero about this time in 2005:
Well, since I last posted premium gas went from 1.99 to 2.14 per gallon.

and about a year ago...

Originally posted by Red88GT19:
$2.819 on my fill up yesterday

Originally posted by 862M4inCA:
Most places are 2.95/gal for premium around here.

Originally posted by Weponhead: we are almost to 2.50 here wheee not cool.

Originally posted by USFiero:
my usual station was $2.65 today, but I found $2.59 and filled up.

...but news reports suggest prices are leveling off and may come down.

Most gas stations 'round here are $2.59 - $2.72 a gallon.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
prices still holding in there at $2.72-$2.79 for regular unleaded. A little less than a year ago, we went to the 'new formula' with more Ethanol. I ran that for about a month before changing my fuel filter, and really didn't see anything worse than a very slightly lower MPG (I'm talking about .4 MPG avg over a month). However, late last month the Oxygen Sensor bung blew out of my exhaust manifold, so I've replaced the O2 sensor, the manifold and plugs and wires while I was at it. The hot exhaust melted my (second) throttle cable so I had to order/replace that. All of which were a PITA. I found some other small things to fix while I had the Fiero up on jack stands, so I haven't driven it for a couple weeks. I'm wondering if the catalytic converter is muffed up. I don't think it is original as it is held on with clamps. My Fiero has about 168,000 miles on it, almost 30,000 since I got it. There is still exhaust coming from the tailpipes, I just don't know if the flow is what it should be. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their older cars?
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2007 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The station I use as a reference went to $2.81 today, but I'm finding gas for mid two dollars and seventy something still....
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up to $1.39 per litre in Sydney Australia
Thats $5.56 a gallon
Taking $35 to $40 to fill up a fiero
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prices down about four cents over the last week.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.....and, right back up....
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here in Sydney Australia we have Price wars running all week
monday is a cheap day
Tuesday the price is further down
Wednesday morning is by far the cheapest time all week
Wednesday afternoon the service stations tanks are re-stocked
Thursday the price jumps up by 10 to 20 cents per litre. While desiel has gone up by 0.1 to 0.9 cents per litre
Friday the price of petrol or GAS has dropped again by 4 to 5 cents
Over the weekend the GAS price drops a further 6 to 7 cents
Last week the price jump was 16 cents per litre.
Today is Saturday and the Average price in my area is $1.26.9 per litre
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.....and, right back up....

3bucks here in Indiana as of the trip home last night.

Grrrr

PFF
System Bot
cone shark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Around here regular has exceeded the $3.00 mark. The cheapest was $3.04. The most expensive was $3.13.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$3.20 for regular and $3.40 for premium here today

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GOOD GOD!

$3.20 per gallon (regular) this morning!

That's a kick in the bullocks!

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 05-04-2007).]

westtexas

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for westtexasSend a Private Message to westtexasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I paid $2.96 for regular in central Texas yesterday and was happy to get it. I commute 50 miles a day and pushing my Fiero at 70 mph is impossible. I love gasoline! I gives my car so much power. As long as I can pay for it, I'm buying all I can.

Gasoline addict
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From FOXNEWS.COM HOME > BUSINESS > PERSONAL FINANCE > ENERGY
AAA: Gasoline Prices Back Over $3, Records Loom

Friday, May 04, 2007

NEW YORK — U.S. gasoline prices shot above $3.00 per gallon on Friday, within striking distance of record highs, as the creaking domestic refinery system strained to keep up with rising demand.

Listening to NPR, I had heard that we can expect $4 a gallon, although due to increased salaries, Americans pay about the same per gallon as they did in the 90's. I would assert that the economy is different than it was in the last decade in so many ways this one-to-one comparison is not the best way to look at the situation.

Gas in my area is between $2.86-$3.02 for regular.

Originally posted by me on 5/10/2005:

Well, in spite of oil closing up yesterday, I got regular at Wawa for 1.97/gal

That dollar jump, 50% increase is a tough adjustment!
But check this out:

Originally posted by me 4/25/2006:
Well, a couple places have hit $3 a gallon, and many of them are out of gas right now. I understand it is a temporary thing until the 'new' formula comes out.... but I'm concerned about the ethanol putting crud in my fuel tank. Guess I'll be doing fuel filter changes all around. And what's this about worse fuel mileage?

I did find gas for $2.88 though.

and then on 6/12/2006:

USFiero:
a couple days ago, it was hard to find gas for less than $2.90 per gal. Got it for $2.83/gallon today.

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. Seems that Americans have short memories, must be sensory overload. The best thing that has happened to me is that my commute to work has dropped from 20 miles to two-and-a-half. That's 35 less miles a day.
Keep posting those prices for posterity!
Jeremiah

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just paid 3.16 a gal.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd post the price of gas here but it is changing so fast I melted my number pad. At this rate (using microsoft time remaining to install formula ) it will be in the 4.50 dollar range by june but more likely to be much much higher .
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been away from the forum for a while, but in the last month and a half, gas has been as high as $3.01/gal for regular and low as $2.67 in that time period. Gas today was $2.87/gal.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No major changes in pricing. I see that prices are down oh-so-slightly right now, about $2.69 per gallon. Up in York County I saw gas for $2.61 and the highest here in Hampton I found was $2.79 this last week for regular unleaded. Meanwhile, I have found prices at the grocery store have increased, meat has now climbed a few pennies per pound (I'm trying to take into account seasonal fluctuations) and produce is definitely up. Automotive chemicals are noticeably more expensive too.

But Petroleum Jelly.... still pretty much the same.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oil hit $80 a barrel on Teusday, fell back on Wednesday, and is back to $80 today. Gas has been steady at $2.54 - $2.59 per gallon
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero September of 2006:

$2.19 Still higher than last year's prices overall, about 10%

Prices have been all over the map lately, as high as $2.59 and right now the best prices about $2.49 a gallon. The cost of fuel has apparently impacted wheat (you heard about the Pasta uproar in Italy, right?) so bread has gone up, and fresh produce has gone noticeably higher. Frozen veggies not so much - they have gone up, though. When I examine the country of origin, it's usually somewhere South of the Border. Milk, a little higher, but hardly enough to justify Starbucks saying they have to raise the price of their coffee because of it.

I can live without Starbucks, I don't eat much bread, and I don't drink much milk. So far, the increase hasn't impacted me too much.

But it has been an increase, and my income hasn't increased. So other things have to give.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$2.59 here this morning. Gas shouldn't be free IMO, yeah $8 a gallon sucks but (yeah I'm going to be THAT guy) but raising the price actually has helped curb consumption slightly or at least cause everyone to think about what we are doing.

-No emission controlled 88 V6 GT doing 30+mpg.

Actually if you do the math with inflation, minimum wage, car cost, living cost etc in the grand scheme of things, gas is about the same as it was in the 60s so stop that "I remember back when gas was $0.45 a gallon and people thought I was crazy buying premium for $0.47 a gallon" bullshit

[This message has been edited by Mr.PBody (edited 10-04-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If memory serves me I believe gas was more like 30 cents a gallon in the 60’s.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry you're right I just pulled that number out of my @ss but you get the idea.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember these days?

Originally posted by myself around this time in 2005:
Prices peaked at 3.45 here a while back, but have fallen back to about 2.19 at discount gas stations this week. I am almost grateful.

Originally posted 4-18-2006:
With oil hitting (potentiallly) $100 a barrell soon I imagine someone is formulating a contigiency plan.

I'm still waiting for that contingency plan. I had said somewhere before that if Ford had made some grad statement like they were going to produce an increasing percentage of hybrid cars and SUV's, and were going to initiate alternate energy source for their vehicles, they could have attracted more investors and probably saved some US jobs. Now it looks like GM is talking it up. With Chrysler's European connection, I'm a little surprised they haven't done more than just sort of float the Smart car for the US out there. Some one needs to figure that our crisis will be China's crisis eventually. There's a buck to be made there...

9-14-2007 Post:
Oil hit $80 a barrel on Tuesday, fell back on Wednesday, and is back to $80 today. Gas has been steady at $2.54 - $2.59 per gallon

Oil hit $90 a barrel this week, yet prices hang in there about the same. It's interesting how the economy has maneuvered to minimize the cost at the pump. never the less, the prices of domestically produced food has undeniably gone up. Not too bad foreign produced commodities. Our plush, luxury driven retail market is about to choke on itself. Starbucks raised the price of their beverages not because coffee beans went up... oh no, those coffee growers still live in abject poverty, but milk prices went up. Locally grown fresh veggies? Painful increases. I'm buying frozen produced in South American countries. Bread? With flour increased costs, I'm just not eating it. Less eating out (again). Paying off and cutting up credit cards so I don't have that monthly bill. The bummer is I am now shopping for cheaper gas regardless of country of origin/ownership. At least for now.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yikes, local gas just leapt to $2.72/gal!
MonteC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonteCSend a Private Message to MonteCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

$2.59 here this morning. Gas shouldn't be free IMO, yeah $8 a gallon sucks but (yeah I'm going to be THAT guy)

Im "that guy" too. Gas should be expensive. Technically it is renewable but no one on this board will be here to witness it. The rate of replenishment will never meet the rate we consume it at. So for all intents and purposes petroleum is non renewable.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mid grade hit 3.26 a gal here. 34 bucks to fill the formula..
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The price of oil hit $95.93 this week, a 20 percent increase in just a month, and gas prices took off with it. The price of gas shot from $2.77 to $2.88/gal overnight. Here's an article from CNN on the subject

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 11-04-2007).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My station of reference just hit $2.95 a gallon. Gas is till available at $2.89 and less around town... right in time for Thanksgiving. of course, we've learned that gas prices dip during major holidays... Veteran's Day just ain't major (in spite of current events), I suppose.
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by me in Jan 2006:
Gas has been 2.17 to 2.24

Originally posted about this time last year:
I thought this thread would've archived by now. Gas prices were below $2 a gallon up until a week ago. I guess the severe weather in the Midwest (and now cold temps here finally) have caused prices to climb since demand will be up for heating oil? Discount gas is around $2.03 a gallon for regular.

It's between $2.86 ~ $3.03 now.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2008 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's between $2.86 ~ $3.03 now.

2.86? DAMN thats cheap! Havent paid under 3.00 around here in 3 months.

The best is 3.07 about 20 miles from here, the high is about 3.20 but there are patches of 3.11 here and there if you know where to look.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-03-2008).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by me on 1/28/2006:
Gas has been 2.17 to 2.24

Originally posted by me roughly a year later:
Discount gas is around $2.03 a gallon for regular.

And after being two dollars and mid eighties to low nineties for the last month, gas has slid to $2.65 to $2.75 around town... a relative bargain. But I think it has helped us slide into a mild recession.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

And oil has hit $100 several times in the last few days.

Expect $4 unleaded this summer, maybe more.

Lots of people, like me, can't afford to put a car payment in the gas tank every two weeks. No idea what to do.

JazzMan

Many will be forced to take lower paying jobs closer to home. Others will move to the inner-city and start taking the bus ( which is what they really want as inner city is more dependent on government then people that have room and can grow their own food.. ).

I know its changed my plans of getting 30+ acres out in the woods. Too expensive of a commute.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

One Step Further... (Thought If that was mine, I'd paint it a bit differently...

Hmm what dash does he have on there? Never noticed that before now.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, gas here has risen .12 ~ .15 since I last posted.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oil hit a record high of over $100 a barrel yesterday. Although prices cooled off a bit, I guess we'll see another jump in gas prices. The last jump I noticed happened about the time there was a refinery explosion in Texas...
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT.

oil prices have been consistently over $100 a barrel, gas prices have been all around $3 ~ $3.17 / gallon lately.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock