Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  PETROLPHOBIA (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
PETROLPHOBIA by USFiero
Started on: 03-04-2005 11:52 PM
Replies: 592 (10944 views)
Last post by: BingB on 04-22-2024 02:22 PM
sanderson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2006 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

And Sanderson--now I get it. You "27mmpg". That's 27 Million Miles Per Gallon? Not bad at all.

I drive mostly downhill with a perpetual tailwind

IP: Logged
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2006 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by myself, USFiero on 3/4/2005:
Quick! Go gas up RIGHT NOW! I heard on the news that an up to 20 cent per gallon jump in gas prices MAY occur next week.

and then....

Originally posted by me, USFiero on 3/12/2005:
Well, since I last posted premium gas went from 1.99 to 2.14 per gallon.

Gas today is at 2.25 at the same station I tracked above.... here it is a year later, and again on the news while driving to Richmond I hear in the next week we shall see another 20 cent per gallon rise. Now, it may be my imagination, but I have noticed increases in consumer goods, mostly groceries. I wonder how much impact another increase will affect the American and ultimately the world economies. Not to think America is the center of the Universe, but our consumer based economy does drive the economies in many smaller nations, keeping them just this side of being a third world country. Throw the potential of the bird flu (if it should mutate?) into the mix and the disaster will be historic in the world's history. What a bad time for Americans to have such a low opinion of their government.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
Sorry, Liberals. It looks like your beloved end of the world will have to wait.

The end(times) is/are in sight... gas at the discount station is $2.47/gal today. Another dollar to go to hit Katrina pices.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 03-18-2006).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

The end(times) is/are in sight... gas at the discount station is $2.47/gal today. Another dollar to go to hit Katrina pices.

So what's your point? Demand is up all over the world (rising demand, supply NOT rising), and the price of gas *still* hasn't caught up with inflation.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

So what's your point? Demand is up all over the world (rising demand, supply NOT rising), and the price of gas *still* hasn't caught up with inflation.

What date are you using as a reference for your inflation comparison? As you can see, like most commodities, the price - adjusted for inflation - has fluctuated over the years. For the longest period of time, the adjusted price fell around $2.00 - $2.50 per gallon. We're comparable with that, and slightly above it. The only times gas prices went much higher was at the beginning of the automotive era, during the Great Depression, and in the early 80's. The price spike in 1981 was the highest since before World War II. And we're pretty close to that historical high.

So, what do you think the adjusted price should be? $3.00? $4.00? More?

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be honest, I don't think pointing only to gas to make some vague point about the economy is really any good. I mean, if it were a real poblem, we would all be driving hybrids a long time ago. And Reagan wouldn't have been able to repeal the energy tax credit back in the 80's. America got itself into this mess of being led by the nose over fuel prices, and really asked for it with over-the-top SUV purchases. Everybody lives on a too-tight budget, and a 10-20% increase in a common commodity like gas can really upset the week-to-week expenses of a household. I mean, here at my house it's four tankfulls of gas among all the cars a week, average 11 gallon tanks (10.5 in the Fiero, it gets two fillups a week). 44 x .20 (so far in the last week) = $8.80 with no gurantee it will end. That's about what two home-cooked meals cost to make or almost another four gallons of gas - 80-90 miles avg of travel - two days for me to and from work. And that's just immediate costs. There will be increase costs in food because of fuel costs to farms, pocessing plants, packaging, delivery and other petroleum products... although petroleum jelly hasn't seemed to have gone up as much....
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

USFiero

4873 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by fierobear:Demand is up all over the world (rising demand, supply NOT rising), and the price of gas *still* hasn't caught up with inflation.

I am willing to bet the process of finding, pumping, processing, transporting, distributing, etc has gotten a whole lot more efficient. That's how the oil-producing countries have gotten so wealthy so quickly. Not to mention our cars (in spite of our increased demand) have gotten more efficient MPG wise. Let's see... gas was about .26 a gallon when my parents bought their house in 1959 fo $26,000. Gas is now almost 10 times as much but their house is worth seven times as much. Does that mean gas has exceeded inflation? A macDonald's hambuger was 5 cents back then, now a cheap burger is a buck, a twenty-fold increase. Is gas way behind? Economies of scale aren't linear. Inflation is a complex measurment. My first computer was $2400 in 1989 and outdated before I paid it off. I built this one fo less than $300 out of pocket, and it runs circles aound the best computer avalible three and a half years ago. I could go on, but I'm tired and this isn't that much fun to debate. I just thought it interesting to track the hoopla ove gas pices and the doom and gloom forcasts associated with it to take the edge off those perrineal reports of economic crisis. Fierobear seems to blame it on the liberal media, while I believe it's a whip used by anyone who finds it convenient to sti the herd.... our ultra-conservative president included, who says we're 'addicted' to oil. As a former addict himself, I guess he's got a right to talk.aaa and why do we care about what happens in the middle east more than, say... Africa? You know, if Sierra Leone turned up to have enomous oil reserves we'd be there in a heartbeat to help end over thirty years of civil war and genocide and impose democracy.
Yes, I'm tired. and cranky. and feeling a bit cynical. Our next president will be an Democrat because of this. Nice going, Bush (and the whole republican party). Way to make Clinton look like the best thing since sliced cheese. Man, i hope there's a strong Independant presidential ticket in 2008, or Mark Warner will be our next Prez. Not a bad thing mind you, another fiscally conservative democrat.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my usual station was $2.65 today, but I found $2.59 and filled up. The news suggested we will be seeing $3 a gallon by weeks end.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I know is eexon or one of the big companies, I forget which, posted the biggest profit increase in world history last year, to the tune of 30+ billion dollars, so Im not buying the crap about it cost more because they pay more
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all of you how are considering switching to ethanol I am more than happy to act as your Realtor to buy that farm land to grow some corn on.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, gas hit $2.81 last weekend...
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

For all of you how are considering switching to ethanol I am more than happy to act as your Realtor to buy that farm land to grow some corn on.

The funny thing is, it takes a LOT of petroleum to grow corn.
Even more petroleum to turn it into ethanol.
Sigh.
Apparently this won't help, either.

"Author Michael Pollan: 'The Omnivore's Dilemma'

Talk of the Nation, April 14, 2006 · In his new book, The Omnivore's Dilemma, journalist and writer Michael Pollan argues that many Americans suffer from a national eating disorder based on super-sized, corn-fed diets. "

This is mostly written about corn as an ingredient in more foods than you can imagine, but its use as fuel is just as wasteful. Who knew?

Hear the interview with the author here:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5342514

Oh, yeah. Regular gas is $2.809 in my neighborhood, $3.009 per gallon and up on the turnpike and around the airport and tourist world areas. It was 2.139 Valentines day.
And as bad as that seems, when adjusted for inflation thats still no worse than 50 years ago.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 04-17-2006).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

The funny thing is, it takes a LOT of petroleum to grow corn.
Even more petroleum to turn it into ethanol.
Sigh.
Apparently this won't help, either.

Not sure where you get that idea. Brazil is an example of a total fuel independant nation. They use ethanol exculsively...virtually zero petroleum. They produce it from their agriculture business and the cost to produce ethanol is MORE than covered by the sale price. We have a greater capacity to do this than Brazil does. And it gives us a reason to kill farm subsidies since we will need all the corn they can grow!

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Not sure where you get that idea. Brazil is an example of a total fuel independant nation. They use ethanol exculsively...virtually zero petroleum. They produce it from their agriculture business and the cost to produce ethanol is MORE than covered by the sale price. We have a greater capacity to do this than Brazil does. And it gives us a reason to kill farm subsidies since we will need all the corn they can grow!

Brazil makes ethanol from sugar cane.
Because of cheap farm labor and a fovorable climate, sugar is cheaper to produce in Brazil than in the USA.
In the US, sugar cane (and beet) farmers are subsidized by the government, because it costs much more to produce sugar here.
We in the USA pay more for sugar than any other nation because of price supports, import quotas, and what amounts to government welfare to the US sugar growers.
They could not survive in a free, open market.
That leaves corn (dependent on petroleum based fertilizers) or soybeans as possible sources of biofuel.
I don't know much about soybean farming...yet.
JSTRIKER????? can the USA grow our way out of our "addiction to oil?"

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 04-18-2006).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:Because farm labor is cheaper in Brazil than in the USA. can the USA grow our way out of our "addiction to oil?"

With oil hitting (potentiallly) $100 a barrell soon I imagind someone is formulating a contigiency plan.

Originally posted by me a year ago:
I paid 2.09 last nite!

So where are we, 35% above last year at this moment?

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 04-18-2006).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2006 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-03-2008).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this last week i saw a biodiesel plant, which makes fuel out of used cooking oil. apparently it's made from a water heater and some plastic tanks. the by-product is glycerine, from which the owner makes soap.

the possibility of making fuel without benefit of corporations and arabs appeals to me, but i forsee problems. in the short term, i dont own a diesel engine and cant afford one. more important in the long run, just how much used cooking oil is there? how much will it cost to buy a barrel of KFC brand grease, once we're all cooking it up in batches in our garage?

not a solution, i'm afraid.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity, how much corn does it take (by land/planting area) to make one gallon of gas?
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, a couple places have hit $3 a gallon, and many of them are out of gas right now. I understand it is a temporary thing until the 'new' formula comes out.... but I'm concerned about the ethanol putting crud in my fuel tank. Guess I'll be doing fuel filter changes all around. And what's this about worse fuel mileage? Is there something we should do to prep our cars for this? Hotter plugs? Bigger gaps? Higher temp T-stat? O2 sensor tweeks?

I did find gas for $2.88 though.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2006 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Me a yaer ago:
Prices went up a couple cents, then back down to 1.86 again - then BAM right back to 1.99 overnite. It's summertime.

a couple days ago, it was hard to find gas for less than $2.90 per gal. Got it for $2.83/gallon today.

...the beat goes on.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since my last post gas went up to about $2.98 at one point at my 'reference' gas station. I've switched to buying it at BJ's, it's been 9-10 cents cheaper per gallon. Since then we've gotten 10% ethanol added (less dependance on foreign oil, right?) and my Fiero doesn't run as well. Gas milage down a smidge, and hard to start. Now we brace for the effect of a shut down Alaskan pipeline.

Yet, I am paying the same as I was in the post above. Should I/we be thankful for the 'stable' price?
PFF
System Bot
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's interesting to read back through this thread, a log of gas prices and people's thoughts as they happened. I don't have anything to add, just thought it was neat
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero way back on Aug 10, 2005:

Ouch. Hit $2.31/gal today. I forsee $3/gallon. Despite the economy being 'strong' I think the economy is at something of a tipping point with the Fed bent on continuing to raise rates and Bush changing credit card laws.

Another look back to a year ago. Oil prices actually dropped and gas has fallen to $2.68 locally. Again, I am relieved. Don't think there was that much fat in the economy to sustain $3 a gallon very long. I have made cuts in spending and more are on the way. Don't drive as much as I used to either, but still plenty.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 08-21-2006).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero Sept 2, 2005:
If I coulda only seen this far into the future... $3.19 today...

Remember what Katrina did to gas prices?. I only bring it up since the anniversary is nigh. Gas has been as low as $2.49 and the highest $2.55 at the same gas station I posted from above. I wonder what effect the 10% ethanol will have long-term on our 20 year old cars?

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 08-28-2006).]

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GAS PRICES ARE COMMING DOWN IN AUSTRALIA
sorry about the caps
some one said down to $1.15 a litre by the end of the year
The honda is working well in 10% ethenol.
I haven't tried it on the fiero yet
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bet the mileage is down a bit also using that ethanol, unfortunate side effect.. perfect a/f ratio is different for alcohol than gasoline, it has a higher ratio of fuel to air for a clean efficient burn and less energy is released. So cost of a gallon of ethanol isn't a direct comparison to a gallon of 'straight' gasoline (let's say tier one). It may cost less to buy, yet cost more to use because you need more of it.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by me last year about this time:
If I coulda only seen this far into the future... $3.19 today...

And now, lower prices. $2.34 at the same station. Mind you, it is ethanol-laced. I think it has gotten some junk past my filter (so I changed it) and I suspect the Duke is running a little lean. It snuck up on me, I get no codes so I checked my vacuum lines, ignition wires and tightened the throttle body bolts (they were a little loose) after melting a throttle cable because of glowing-hot exhaust manifold. The throttle plate doesn't look wet when the car is idling like I'm used to, though I don't lack for top-end speed. There maybe a injector overhaul in my future...

The ROK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i wish they had gas banks down here
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$2.19 Still higher than last year's prices overall, about 10% - but I think the damage is done. Ford plant closings, layoffs, the trickle down effect on the economy. Reports already say that retailers had much-reduced revenue from the anticipated back-to-school shopping. I have shopped much less for groceries and meat to the point I just unplugged my freezer in the garage and moved the last little bit of stuff into the kitchen freezer... and I had filled the thing from last Christmas season through the great meat sales early this year. I'm still cutting expenses... the YMCA membership that we weren't using as much as we should, the Blockbuster rentals (okay, I'm doing the online thing with them now, a couple bucks cheaper and more simultaneous rentals...) We don't go out to dinner like used to.. down from once a week to maybe once a month now.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2006 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind $2 a gallon gas (with 10% ethanol) is not the same $2 a gallon gas of times before The ethanol has dinged my mileage, but not by much, maybe a half a mile per gallon, if I'm averaging these figures right. If it would help my car run cooler, I'd run hotter plugs to compensate. I dumped in a bottle of Techroline to hopefully clean my injector some, the Fiero has become hard to start... Has to crank a few seconds before it fires up, didn't used to do that. It idles and runs fine on the highway, but after melting and having to replace the throttle cable (not fun) from a glowing hot exhaust manifold I'm worried I could fry my newly-rebuilt AC system if the problem returns (I think I had some vacuum leak before, and I had some arcing from the ignition wires which I have corrected). Gas has been $2.07 or so. Me personally, I think it could fluctuate wildly in the future as it did this last year, and that sucks.
The Poopsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2006 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PoopsmithSend a Private Message to The PoopsmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I would post this as it may be something well see in the future. Gas is cheap now but just cause it's cheaper dosen't mean it's
less harmful.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/09/23/new-energy-storage-could-make-the-internal-combustion-engine-obsolete/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmoney.cnn.com%2F2006%2F09%2F15%2Ftechnology%2Fd isruptors_eestor.biz2%2Findex.htm&frame=true
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero nearly a year ago:

$2.15 at the local discount gas station.

I thought this thread would've archived by now. Gas prices were below $2 a gallon up until a week ago. I guess the severe weather in the Midwest (and now cold temps here finally) have caused prices to climb since demand will be up for heating oil? Discount gas is around $2.03 a gallon for regular.
AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

I found BP @ 2.19.9 today. Thats really good for our area, usually its 2.27.9 or more.
LOTS more near tourist world.
DEISEL is 2.37.9 to 2.55.9 !!!!! Its just crude oil with the rocks and sticks filtered out. It won't even run a Kerosun heater. Why is deisel more expensive than premium gasoline?
In Europe they have quick little cars like Jettas powered with turbodeisel engines.
Deisel fuel can be made from corn or soybean oil or recycled fryer oil from McDonalds.
Why is the government (Own3d by the oil companies) pushing hydrogen instead of BIODEISEL as an alternative fuel?
The USA has the most productive, efficient farms in the world.
We COULD be growing our own fuel instead of fighting wars to control foreign oil!
Just my $.02.9 worth.

A better question is why are we funding corn ethanol that cant even break even instead of cane sugar ethanol which has been fueling Brazil for years.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2007 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AP2k:

A better question is why are we funding corn ethanol that cant even break even instead of cane sugar ethanol which has been fueling Brazil for years.

Americas climate is not sugar cane friendly. Sugar beats how ever have a better turnover and with the low hieght it can be grown in layers in a green house year round anywhere. The energy to grow can come fron solar and wind. Hemp would also make a better source for biomass fuels for its acreage yeilds.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
paying between $2.04 and $2.13 now. Maybe this extended cold snap is affecting prices?

I think its funny to see NEPTUNE's avatar when he posts right after Toddster....
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prices creeping up again.I suppose I'd have to check way back in this thread, is this a routine thing this time of year? Gas is $2.11 lowest I can find but $2.19 - $2.24 elsewhere. And it's gonna be 60 degrees this weekend.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its been about 2.12 around here. my local state rep sent me a questionaire a few days ago. it covered a variety of Q's but one of them was a "gas holiday" where they would exclude the state tax (like 10-12 cents) and maybe the fed tax also. not sure how they would do that. it would be on a holiday weekend like memorial day or inpependence day. i thought it was a good idea. hey it might be just a few bucks but it helps.
MclarenF1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was $2.63 for 92 octane this morning. Project after the northstar will be an electric fiero.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Birthday to this thread, Happy Birthday to this thread...

Originally posted by YoungFieroMan754 on 3-6-2006:
paid $2.49 to fill up my 25 gallon tank.

$2.39 this year at this time here now....

Originally posted by USFiero at the beginning of this whole thing:
Fuel the national paranoia! ...
Or a giant meteor could smash into Nebraska.

Have a nice day.

Okay, when I started this, I wasn't expecting this. Honestly.

I did say some time ago when Ford started hinting at it's problems, that if they announced a radical shift to Hybrid production, they could bolster sales and capture market share. When I visited Europe, I saw a lot of Ford Focuses. If Ford took the lead, I could only guess that Chrysler, with their affiliation with Mercedes Benz (who makes the Smart Car) would have a bunch of efficient performance diesels on the market toot sweet. Diversity in the automotive industry could be a good thing right now. My brother, who designed and built what he called the IndyCycle, has been contemplating his next design: an electric car. We've been kicking around concepts. Maybe the Tesla Roadster will catch on at last?

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 03-06-2007).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still wish I had your fuel prices. So CHEAP.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock