Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  PETROLPHOBIA (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
PETROLPHOBIA by USFiero
Started on: 03-04-2005 11:52 PM
Replies: 617 (11111 views)
Last post by: randye on 04-24-2024 01:40 AM
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regular has settled to just under $3/gallon here in rural Georgia. News from South Florida is they are bracing for increases - why?

Premium is mostly just under three and a half bucks per.

It's not the worst it could be but another dollar jump and I expect torch and pitchfork sales will improve. Along with tar and feather futures.

https://gasprices.aaa.com/s...-gas-price-averages/

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 06-09-2021).]

IP: Logged
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keystone XL pipeline project officially terminated by Canadian energy company
TC Energy said on Wednesday it had scrapped the $9 billion project, months after U.S. President Joe Biden revoked a key permit.

Well I'm sure this won't make the prices go down.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's about $2.39-$2.50 here.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uniformly at $2.96 / gal. all around the Tampa Bay, Florida area.

Prices took a very brief dip just after Memorial Day but quickly jumped up higher than the holiday price.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2021 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Highest Fourth of July prices in seven years you say, and more increases on the way? Bummer.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 07-02-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2021 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$2.56 here.
Demand is /\
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2021 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not Building Back Better
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2021 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2021 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.99 Here in SW Missouri.

It costs almost a grand to fill up the semi.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2021 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

Not Building Back Better

Make
American
Gasoline
Affordable
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2021 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep your eyes on the Cushing hub...
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2021 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2021 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just filled up at WAWA $3.31. Jumped .12 overnight.
[
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regular starts at $3.19 here around Macon. Went down to Florida and up to Virginia and occasionally saw it approaching tree fiddy... for charge cards.

My current ride is tuned for mid grade on up (turbo) and unless I buy groceries at Kroger (more expensive groceries = more Fuel Points) or hit a Sam's Club it's getting really painful.

Quick plug for alternative fuel finder app - E30 is 94 octane and doesn't hurt my gas mileage-to-$ ratio.

This Brandon Administration is The Worst.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2021 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No changes that I can see.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2021 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2021 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early this morning:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12...own-texas/index.html
https://www.nbcnews.com/new...il-refinery-rcna9756

I have 3 family members that work there but they were off at the time.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2021 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a less dramatic note, I just filled up my Fiero with regular unleaded (87 octane) for $4.35 a gallon, credit card price. Diamond brand gasoline. Whatever that is. I passed up two Arco stations where I would have paid $4.69 a gallon. I was shopping more carefully for gas today, and went a little bit out of my way for it. Shell, Chevron, Valero . . . at least $4.90 or even over $5.00, I think.

Santa Clara County, CA.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2021 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

On a less dramatic note, I just filled up my Fiero with regular unleaded (87 octane) for $4.35 a gallon, credit card price. Diamond brand gasoline. Whatever that is. I passed up two Arco stations where I would have paid $4.69 a gallon. I was shopping more carefully for gas today, and went a little bit out of my way for it. Shell, Chevron, Valero . . . at least $4.90 or even over $5.00, I think.

Santa Clara County, CA.

Most likely, it is Valero. Valero supplies a lot of stations/convenience stores with their brand of gas but the retail business will often be signed/branded something other than Valero.
A prominent California fuel retailer, Valero also operates gas stations branded as Shamrock, Diamond Shamrock, Ultramar, Beacon, and Total. Valero Energy Corporation owns and manages all retail gas locations.

Also most likely too, that the actual storebrand was Diamond Shamrock, as Diamond Gasoline Stations Inc only operates in the South East USA. Based out of Atmore Al.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2021 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's where I filled up. This photo, when the price per gallon was lower.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2021 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I filled up today at Circle K for $2.95 in Port Charlotte Florida. GasBuddy show's Sam's club & Costco was at $2.86 in Fort Myers Fl.
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2022 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oil is over $80 a barrel and most stations are above $3 per gallon (Sam's 3.09) it's heading back up.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2022 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hold on to your butts....
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2022 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't expect the shale oil producers out in the Permian basin to come to the rescue this time with more new production. They've had enough of the boom/bust/boom/bust cycle that costs them a ton of investment $$ each time crude prices rise and then fall. Whatever they are capable of producing now (and it's a LOT) is what they are going to produce, regardless of how high crude prices go.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-22-2022).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2022 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I gassed up the JDM Subie tonight. It requires the highest octane available, so locally, Chevron 94 is what is available. And what did that cost me in American funds (after CDN/US dollar conversion)... $6.06 per gallon!!! ($2.04 CDN per litre.)

I don't want to hear any complaints about how expensive gas is anywhere in the US.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2022 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is that the only Subaru you own?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2022 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

is that the only Subaru you own?

Is there a requirement to own more than one... like there is with Fieros?

Yes, it's the only Subaru I own... a 1998 JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi wagon. Goes like the wind!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2022 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I am tentatively looking for a new vehicle for Jane and Subaru is the only foreign brand I might consider. Looking for recommendations/pros/cons on them.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2022 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking for recommendations/pros/cons on them.

I know nothing about the newer Subarus... but I do know of one smart cookie who could no doubt assist you.

Do you have any contact info for our old forum friend, Marvin McInnis? I stumbled upon Marvin at a Subaru forum very recently. If you'd like some more details, just PM me.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2022 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2022 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, I am tentatively looking for a new vehicle for Jane and Subaru is the only foreign brand I might consider. Looking for recommendations/pros/cons on them.

I hear a lot of anecdotal comments about head gaskets. But those are usually from enthusiasts who don't drive them gently.
Have a friend who has about a 4yo STI. She has had zero trouble with it, that I've heard. I'm pretty sure she doesn't drive it gently (at least not when her kids are not in the car) either.
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2022 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That this thread wound up in the Trash Can/Politics and Religion is beyond me.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 02-24-2022).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2022 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was a bit surprised as well. I had to hold my nose before entering this sub-section to re-check the thread after I had posted in it yesterday. I suppose there's been political talk interspersed throughout its twelve page, seventeen year history.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-24-2022).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2022 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Must be because we need fuel to run the country and politics are also involved in a country.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2022 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not because of Politics. It's Religion.

"Check this out"
https://friendlyatheist.pat...ing-up-fossil-fuels/
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2022 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dino squeezins, Texas Tea (as Lester and Earl said) is a major part of the world economy and a driving force in geopolitics. Everything, including the very air that we breathe has been politicized.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2022 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If it helps, everything we do in this world involves politics or religion in some way.

God Bless,
Brad

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2022 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a 5th gen Ford Ranger since I've moved to the country and needed a truck. It's turbocharged and marketed as best in class mileage but if I was shopping for replacing the wife's Honda it might be the new hybrid Maverick. If they'd only put the hybrid power in the AWD version.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2022 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gosh February gas prices were bad enough, now we've got the 'Putin Price Hike.'

Highest prices in history! Soon the gas stations will have to add another digit to their signs.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2022 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Soon the gas stations will have to add another digit to their signs.

No... just price/sell it by the litre (like it's done in the rest of the world). Then it'll seem like a bargain. (...until you realize there are 3.78 litres per US gallon,)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock