Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  PETROLPHOBIA (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
PETROLPHOBIA by USFiero
Started on: 03-04-2005 11:52 PM
Replies: 617 (11121 views)
Last post by: randye on 04-24-2024 01:40 AM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2022 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2022 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want to save a few dollar$ ?

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course the 'Putin Price Hike' is total BS.

The current administration is making noises like they will go back to issuing gas and oil leases but it doesn't appear to be actually happening.

The solution? Letting 15% Ethanol become a year-round percentage nationwide.

Only problem is that ethanol comes from corn, and in case no one noticed the dotard in the Oval Office has already pronounced food shortages are on the way.

No solutions, just dumb $h!+ hot air from the mushmouth.

Reg gas is easing this week, down from low $3.80's to mid $3.60's.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 04-22-2022).]

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In north central Florida 4.19 off I-75
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2022 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read that stations in Washington state are reconfiguring their pumps to charge over $10/gallon.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2022 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"High Gas Prices Are a Problem. But Let’s Not Moralize About It."

Peter Coy for the New York Times; May 23, 2022.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...s-price-gouging.html

Peter Coy is the economics editor for Bloomberg Businessweek.

Maybe(?) available as a "freebie", even without a subscription to the New York Times online.

EXCERPT

... refiners have little to no control in the short term over the prices they get for the products they make. In the language of antitrust, refiners are “price takers,” not “price setters.”

Refined products such as gasoline and diesel are pure commodities: standardized, storable, easily tradable and produced by thousands of competitors in a global market. A company that tried to charge a dime more than its competitors would quickly lose customers.

EXCERPT

President Biden, frustrated by high inflation, is threatening oil producers and refiners with federal investigations over their pricing practices. In November, even before prices really took off, he asked the Federal Trade Commission to look for evidence of gouging. He wrote to the commission’s chair, Lina Khan, “I do not accept hard-working Americans paying more for gas because of anti-competitive or otherwise potentially illegal conduct.”

But forcing refiners to accept lower prices for their products would only create shortages. The demand for gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and other refined products at the artificially low price would be greater than the supply, a recipe for chaos. Lawrence Summers of Harvard, who served as Treasury secretary in the Clinton administration, told Bloomberg Television this month, “The ‘price gouging at the pump’ stuff, the more general price gouging stuff, is to economic science what President Trump’s remarks about disinfectant in your veins was to medical science.”

A "helluva read."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-23-2022).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2022 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the Federal Trade Commission has been looking for signs of price gouging, specifically with anything fuel-related since November, and hasn't found anything.

How do we know they haven't found anything? Because it would be national news and publicized court cases with the Government proudly walking the accused through the streets in handcuffs to show everyone that it wasn't their fault.

So... Logic (This is a hard thing for our Leftie members to understand) tells us that there is no price gouging happening, and further, that the rise in prices is from a source outside of the control of the fuel supply, from the people pumping the oil, transporting it, refining it, and selling it.

If it was something anyone inside the realm of fuel could manipulate, the Government would already have them sitting in a cell.

After all, they have been watching for something... Anything since November.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2022 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For 2 years the governments (of the entire globe) made it as difficult and expensive as possible to produce anything, and in some cases totally impossible, and they want to go looking for a scape-goat over rising prices ?

Simple free market at work. They caused one hell of a shortage that wasn't noticed because everybody was locked-down and not using "stuff", and then once life returns to semi-normal and demand for "stuff" returns there are shortages and prices skyrocket.

Surprise, surprise.

If they want to know the cause, grab a mirror.
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2022 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A "helluva admission..."

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Much - if not most of gas prices aren't a product of 'on hand' supplies.

As it was covered pages (and years) ago in this thread speculators - who establish prices on projections are who/what establish prices.

Policy regarding future licences absolutely determines pricing. No one is languishing about the oil rig lot waiting to rush out, drop a drill and start pumping gasoline.

Mix international politics in and the problem is aggravated. America needs to drive the energy sector not withdraw from the field.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2022 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one is languishing about the oil rig lot waiting to rush out, drop a drill and start pumping gasoline.

You are correct, because gasoline doesn't come out of a drilling rig's borehole. Drill cuttings, return mud, salt water, natural gas, and crude oil do, but not gasoline or diesel.
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2022 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regular around $4.39 near me. Premium a hair below $5 but I'm hearing it's all about ten cents higher in FL where I need to go for a couple weeks.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2022 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gas tax holidays are helping make the temporary price relief look better than the fact gas prices are still historically high.

I did find regular for just under $3.10 in a few places between Middle Georgia and the coast, but Georgia governor Kemp keeps extending the suspension of state gas tax.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2022 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's funny to see the propaganda headlines. 'Gas dropping to the lowest levels in a year' .

When really it only dropped barely $0.20 a gallon

Also, because of misguided politics, Pedo Pete released millions of barrels of SPR to the tune of 240 million barrels, which causes the SPR to be at the lowest level in history.

No worries, it only goes till the end of October, and once the election is over it will skyrocket. But Dem politicians don't care after the election is up and it is worth doing to keep a few Dem seats from swinging.

After the election when everyone is bitchin, they will gaslight you and tell you to go buy an ev.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2022 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:
No worries, it only goes till the end of October, and once the election is over it will skyrocket. But Dem politicians don't care after the election is up and it is worth doing to keep a few Dem seats from swinging.

After the election when everyone is bitchin, they will gaslight you and tell you to go buy an ev.

After the election, the price increase will be blamed on any Republicans that are voted into office. It doesn't matter who is still in charge of what, the Dems will say that they were going to do X to stop the sudden increase, but the Republicans that got voted in wouldn't work with them. If Republicans are in charge of anything (House/Senate), it'll be a price hike because of the policies they put in place.

Any increase before the election will be because of the oil producers being afraid that the Republicans may be in charge.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2022 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:
Regular around $4.39 near me. Premium a hair below $5 but I'm hearing it's all about ten cents higher in FL where I need to go for a couple weeks.

My Dad lives in Florida. I visit, the first time I did, I mentioned Florida's gas prices are higher than Texas.

He told me that that higher gas prices are because of a higher tax on gas. Because all the visitors buy gas and the higher tax helps keep property taxes lower.

All right. I won't complain. I do though fill up at their State line before entering, and try to be on empty when I get back to Alabama's State line.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2022 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes I read the first couple pages of this thread. For fun.

Back in 2005 Tesla was getting off the ground.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2022 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

This struck me Randye... somewhere, there's a hidden joke that this Valero gas pump shares the same colors with the flag of Ukraine.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2022 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"He's a smooth operator . . ."

Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir talks to CNN's Becky Anderson about OPEC+ production cuts and responds to criticism of the move from US leaders.

October 12, 2022. 11 minutes for the entire segment.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2022 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regular between here (central) and the coast of Georgia is $3.10-ish to $2.99 with incentives (club type subscriptions or cash only).

OPEC is going to screw the West, total failure in resolving the Ukraine crisis and America not spinning up production which could help the world. We're going to buy oil from horrible governments instead.

The diesel reserve window is contracting during high demand transportation season and gas prices - as predicted - are set to start rising again now that mid terms are (sort of) over. I doubt the US will be refilling it's strategic reserve at the price Biden claimed we'd get any time soon.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2023 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gas prices for regular got down to something like $2.30 for a minute, but now the 'tax holiday' is over so heading back to $2.70/gallon.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 01-03-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2023 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here in Georgia it can be as high as $2.99 for regular but I'm seeing average lows around $2.79 unless your a club member.

The gas tax holiday is indeed ending this week so I expect a lot of 'hey what happened to the gas prices?' conversations from people who weren't paying attention.
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2023 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cheapest in Ocala is 3.19 at wally world. 3.29 out by I-75
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2023 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're back to November prices here. $2.99 Costco/Sam's Club and $3.09 on up elsewhere.
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have not noticed gas but diesel is down to 4.00 away from the interstate.
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For 2 weeks (mid to end of February) the gas here was 2.99/3.01 in small town areas to 3.25 per gallon near highways/cities. Starting this Saturday (3/4/2023), 3.30 to 3.45...
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2023 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The news hinted that there would be 'significant relief ' in gas prices soon ... a week ago.

I'm not sure a six cent drop and prices for a gallon of regular still above three bucks is 'significant.'
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2023 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regular is now 3.06 at the cheapest station around where I live. (Carrollton GA). A little over a week ago it was 3.18.
Works for me.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2023 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Macon it's a little all over the map. Still well over $3/gallon for regular regardless.

Politically to appeal to the average person regular needs to get into the mid/low $2/gallon to get public approval of the constituents. With the current administration's stated goals they can't afford to back down on I don't see that being an area they can win regardless.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2023 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gas in my area (northern va) changes daily and depending on where you are is subject to additional Metro Tax for DC public transit. In my local area we had been in the mid 3.30 range most of the spring but has been dropping to a low of 3.19. In the last week it has taken the holiday jump up to the mid 2.20 range and it's steadly climbing.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2023 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if this is a nationwide program, two of the Sheetz gas station local to me have gas at $1.776 Needless to say the lines are long.
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2023 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

No... just price/sell it by the litre (like it's done in the rest of the world). Then it'll seem like a bargain. (...until you realize there are 3.78 litres per US gallon,)

Please dont tell me about gas prices in Canada, Patrick.

Last time I was at a pump, Trudeau wanted kitten sacrifices, and to fill it I'd have to hunt a child and give it to the Liberal Party of Canada....

But hey, dude. They are giving ya a bribe....look for your 300 bucks in the morning

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2023 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4th prices DROPPED A FIRST ON A HOLIDAY
WENT FROM 3.11 TO 3.03 here
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2023 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Please dont tell me about gas prices in Canada, Patrick.

That was 16 months ago. Try to keep up!
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2023 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

4th prices DROPPED A FIRST ON A HOLIDAY
WENT FROM 3.11 TO 3.03 here

Biden is still releasing 1 million barrels of oil a day from the Strategic Oil Reserves, and OPEC hasn't initiated their cut yet. Ideally, they wait until after the summer when travel calms down... but if at any point Biden stopped releasing oil from the reserves, and when OPEC begins their production cut, prices will probably go up ~$0.50 a gallon on average.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2023 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well... the thread name is "PETROLPHOBIA"
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2023 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SCOTUS Rules Gas Pipeline Can Be Built, Slamming Bribery Biden’s “Green” Agenda

Conservatives were handed another win by the Supreme Court on Thursday when they reversed a ruling by the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, allowing the Mountain Valley Pipeline to move forward with construction. At a time when energy independence is slipping from America’s fingers under the Biden-Harris regime, at least one Democrat is pleased by the decision. Senator Joe Manchin has fought to keep the pipeline going, including his spearheading of legislative efforts to improve it in the first place. The story isn’t just good news for Republicans fighting for improved domestic energy production. It also marks another point for Manchin who has been contemplating a third-party/independent run for President. As he continues to fight against the regime and his Democrat colleagues on Capitol Hill, isolating him can benefit the Republican nominee if Manchin can be pushed to run.

The Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP) project received a significant boost as the Supreme Court overturned a previous ruling from the U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, allowing construction to proceed. The lower court had granted a stay following a lawsuit brought by environmental groups, including Wilderness Society and Appalachian Voices, aiming to halt the pipeline’s construction. However, the Supreme Court’s recent order vacated the stay, effectively giving the green light to the project. The decision was not without controversy, as it faced opposition from the Biden administration, bipartisan lawmakers, and the fossil fuel industry. The Department of Justice, in an amicus brief, argued that Congress had already decided against further reconsideration of the challenged actions and prioritized the timely completion of the MVP project.

Critics of the 4th Circuit’s ruling cited the Fiscal Responsibility Act and a bipartisan debt limit bill signed by President Biden, which granted permits for the pipeline. These legislative actions also shifted the judicial review jurisdiction from the 4th Circuit to the U.S. District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals, seen as a move to counter the 4th Circuit’s tendency to side with environmental groups. Following the lower court’s ruling, the pipeline’s developer promptly appealed to the Supreme Court, urging them to vacate the stay. The high court allowed plaintiffs a brief period to respond before issuing its decision. Supporters of the MVP project, including Republican Chief Deputy Whip Guy Reschenthaler and Senator Shelley Moore Capito, filed briefs advocating for the permits’ approval, emphasizing the importance of energy independence and adherence to lawful orders.

Senator Joe Manchin, who played a role in securing the pipeline’s approval in the Fiscal Responsibility Act, filed his own amicus brief in support of the project. He expressed relief at the Supreme Court’s decision, seeing it as a validation of the law passed by Congress and signed by the President. Numerous organizations and entities, such as the Laborers’ International Union of North America, West Virginia Governor Jim Justice, American Gas Association, American Petroleum Institute, Chamber of Commerce, and counsel for the U.S. House of Representatives, also filed briefs in support of the pipeline.

Equitrans Midstream, the pipeline’s developer, anticipates that MVP will transport around 2 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas from West Virginia to consumers in the Mid-Atlantic and South Atlantic regions. The project is projected to generate significant tax revenue for West Virginia and Virginia, as well as substantial royalties for West Virginia landowners.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2023 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$3.33 week ago Friday. $3.49 Monday. $3.55 Tuesday $3.55 today at 9 A.M. $3.65 Today at 11:30 A.M.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2023 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The decision was not without controversy, as it faced opposition from the Biden administration, bipartisan lawmakers, and the fossil fuel industry.

What is it about the Mountain Valley Pipeline that had the Biden administration, bipartisan lawmakers and the fossil fuel industry all on the side of trying to stop its construction?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-27-2023).]

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2023 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price of Gasoline in California Today:

AAA Average is $4.94

In Scotts Valley is $5.40

https://gasprices.aaa.com/?state=CA
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock