Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Have You Seen A Fiero Today? (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Have You Seen A Fiero Today? by fierofool
Started on: 08-26-2011 02:28 PM
Replies: 835 (31943 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 03-28-2024 10:05 AM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2022 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife was visiting Minden Nevada for a few days and today while leaving, she spotted this in a parking lot in Minden:

IP: Logged
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2022 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been watching this car for more than a decade. For years, it sat behind the fence at a ramshackle garage/towing/U-haul dealer in the Brunswick neighborhood in Gary, Indiana. I first noticed it back about 2009 or 2010 but it wasn't until 2012 I remembered to stop and grab a photo:

It has the '87-'88 front bumper, and it's Medium Red, so odds favored it being an '87 (just because Medium Red was the most numerous color that year). Eventually, by 2016 the space next to it opened up and I was able to get a wider look. It's not visible in the photo, but I could now see a brake caliper..... It's an '88:

Six years later and it is now 2022 and the car has surfaced in the junkyard. Same car.... Check out the scuff marks on the side of the bumper cover. Just 76,000 miles! It's a low-optioned 4-cylinder automatic and it has evidence of a fire in the engine compartment. Severe rust also.... The rear suspension lateral links no longer have an attachment for them on the rear subframe. Totally rusted away. It also has a quickie-lube sticker recommending its next oil change due in March of 2001.

I guess this is the end of the road for this old beast. It'll get parted out, and what's left will get crushed.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 11-06-2022).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2022 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple silver SEs have shown up recently:

An '86 V6 with just 7X-something miles on it. Not visible in the photo, it had been hit in the front end which probably doomed it to the junkyard.

And across town, there is this '87 with a 4-cylinder and the rare optional wooden wing:

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 12-31-2022).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2023 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A quickie lube place near me had this Fiero rebody out on display on the "grassy knoll" to attract attention from passers-by. That's an Archie kit..... So after about 45 seconds of searching here on the forum I found it used to belong to a member named Saxman who eventually sold it and moved away at some point. Hopefully he or someone else recognizes it!

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2023 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White 84 SE at Barret Jackson this week. Sold for 8K. I was happy to see a Fiero there!

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 01-27-2023).]

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2023 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw one in the old James Bond flick, A View To A Kill. Seeing the Fiero was the high point. :sleep:
jonrev

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2023 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

A couple silver SEs have shown up recently:

Still present and relatively unchanged...

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2023 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And across town, there is this '87 with a 4-cylinder and the rare optional wooden wing:

Oh. My. Gawd.
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2023 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Oh. My. Gawd.

Needs a VTEC sticker though.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2023 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Oh. My. Gawd.

I wonder if it has the optional front splinter.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2023 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I wonder if it has the optional front splinter.

It took a LOT of self-control on my part to not buy that wing for my own car! OK, I lied.... It was easy!

PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2023 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An '85 GT has showed up recently:

And a Formula. But check out that Geo Metro convertible!

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 06-26-2023).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2023 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This '86 GT has been sitting at this small-town garage for at least a couple years that I know of.

Eight years later and it's still there. Someone has turned it around though....

bandi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2023 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bandiSend a Private Message to bandiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a GT, had to park beside it.

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'87 GT I see in Lakemoor, IL a few times a week
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Eight years later and it's still there. Someone has turned it around though....

Gotta keep the sun-baked paint fade even, ya know.

richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the last one i remember seeing was for sale next to a gas station about a month ago.it was rough.
Ge-ero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ge-ero1Send a Private Message to Ge-ero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is from a couple of months ago after a car show. I ran this guy down so I could get a picture and ended up buying a series2 sc and intercooler from him because his is a series 1
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2023 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I saw a red fastback with a "Power Towr" sticker on the rear window on Bowle's mechanic shop in 115 in Mooresville, NC. I work right around the corner. If its there tomorrow I'll take a picture.
Dukesterpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2023 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DukesterproSend a Private Message to DukesterproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh oh, I got one!

So back in April, I was driving along with a buddy in my 84, and he started yelling "wait wait, go back go back, I think I saw Fiero headlight under that tarp back there!" I promptly informed him he was smoking crack, I drive by the junkyard every day for work and I would have noticed a Fiero.

Turns out he was right.

It was a rather nice (slightly rusty) 86GT, 4 Speed, R134 AC. That I didn't need. I told him I didn't need it and we went about our day. The thing that stuck in my mind is that the car seemed familiar until I realized it was the one that got away back in 2020. During COVID, I was working on an engine swap for my Jeep and needed a set of wheels. I saw it at a park and sell in Holmen, WI. I was a broke college freshman and couldn't reach a deal with the owner at the time. It disappeared a week later. It was the first Fiero I ever saw and it stuck with me. As much as I wanted it I just couldn't justify it while I was moving into my first shop.
I lasted a week.
I called the guy and asked him what he wanted for it. He said if it wasn't gone by June it was going in the crusher, he named a price I couldn't refuse. He cut the fence down and I drove it home stuck in second gear.

I put 10,000 miles on her since May. Not a typo, she has been all over the state. (Its been a hot summer and shes my only ride with air conditioning) All it needed was a set of brand-spanking-new junkyard shift cables and some oil. Runs like a champ with that classic V6 exhaust tick (lol)!

She's quite popular around La Crosse, WI. All my regular restaurants and shops I go to recognize it.

And here she is at Automotion in Wisconsin Dells!

I'm eventually gonna get that rear clip off and fix the rust. Typical wheel well stuff. But she will never see another cruel winter. So it should slow down for a while, at least until my 84 gets its 3.4 TDC. But this 86 has just been a little sweetheart and I'm glad I was able to save it. Its one of those cars I don't think I am going to let go.

[This message has been edited by Dukesterpro (edited 09-06-2023).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the one I bought in May, last year. Still mostly original.
Has a few suspension and interior mods, but nothing that can't be undone.

PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ge-ero1:

This is from a couple of months ago after a car show. I ran this guy down so I could get a picture and ended up buying a series2 sc and intercooler from him because his is a series 1

Woa... does he have the Lazy "C" scoops? Haven't seen those in AGES... wait a second, that car looks familiar...

wow, that car is in great shape... here it is back in 2013...

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 09-11-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Woa... does he have the Lazy "C" scoops? Haven't seen those in AGES... wait a second, that car looks familiar...

Until you pointed them out, I don't think I've noticed this style scoop before... ever!
Ge-ero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ge-ero1Send a Private Message to Ge-ero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow, that car is in great shape... here it is back in 2013...

I think I remember him saying he got the car from is father or grandfather. Yes, well taken care of.
He's not on the forum but frequents it. I've never seen those scoops either.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2023 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this count? 😁

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 09-17-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2023 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does this count? 😁

Peeling clear coat does not necessarily make that car, even if it's a red one, a Fiero.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2023 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spotted a white notchy with an aftermarket black spoiler traveling east bound on Chemin Agreeable heading toward Hwy 89. That was at about 9Am this morning.

Anybody here, that was the first Fiero I have seen this the Youngsville area in years. Just not that many of those creatures running around in these parts.

Hello

sleek fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2023 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

posted this yesterday. It's my Neighbours SE V6 in really nice condition for a daily driver. I think they are going to join the forum. She has owned since new I believe. sleek
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2023 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a Red GT about 4PM today in the parking lot of the Les Schwab Tire Center, located at 43890 Butterfield Stage Rd, Temecula. Two weeks ago while visiting Reno, NV I saw a young lady driving a Maroon GT about 5PM on the main drag into Reno. These are the only two Fieros I have seen in probably the last five years or so.
jaredaltizer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2023 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredaltizerSend a Private Message to jaredaltizerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this SC beauty at my work, Caterpillar near Tucson, AZ
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2023 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2023 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredaltizer:

Just saw this SC beauty at my work, Caterpillar near Tucson, AZ...

Is there a reason why you've flipped the images?

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking for some parts for my parent's Impala when I ran across this Formula in the junkyard. Some easy detective work led me to know it once belonged to a forum member.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 01-29-2024).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2024 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was looking for some parts for my parent's Impala when I ran across this Formula in the junkyard. Some easy detective work led me to know it once belonged to a forum member.

How does a Forum member allow a Fiero, especially a Formula, just end up in the junkyard? I mean... there are PLENTY of people who would be willing to take it off their hands for the $250 bucks the junkyard gave them. I realize that people can't be bothered to inconvenience themselves... (and yes, I don't know the whole story), but really... this car could have been saved. I've had dozens of crappy and nice Fieros, and it was never so much of an inconvenience to pass it along to the next guy. The only time I ever cut up a Fiero was after I had already bought the Fiero from another guy who didn't want it anymore, and then I proceeded to strip it even more than he had, and then I offered it up (87 SE 5-Speed, just a shell with a hood and top), and no one wanted it, so I cut it up. Even still... I made dozens of parts available for anyone to pick up if they wanted to... and people did.

Just kills me...
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2024 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone should at least grab the brake calipers.....better yet- grab the front and rear subframes with suspension.....and the front compartment lights harness & HL control module.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2024 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

How does a Forum member allow a Fiero, especially a Formula, just end up in the junkyard?

We'll probably never know, since it's been six years since his last post here. Anything could have happened in that time. Hopefully all is well with him!

I did grab the front calipers, rotors and steering knuckles and a few other tidbits.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock