Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Have You Seen A Fiero Today? (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Have You Seen A Fiero Today? by fierofool
Started on: 08-26-2011 02:28 PM
Replies: 835 (31937 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 03-28-2024 10:05 AM
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

You'd think reading this thread that 90% of all Fieros in the world ended up in Illinois!

Some would say Ohio.... But keep in mind I live in a metropolitan area of 9 million, and we have a lot of junkyards.

I probably should have started bringing the camera with me years ago! LOL

New finds:

Faded '86 SE - this thing was really trashed. Paperwork in the car points to maybe its been sitting since 2001.

Red '85 4-cylinder... I think someone tried to take the sunroof panel and broke the A-pillar part of the roof. The wipers, cowling and windshield gasket were already out of the way.

This '86 GT has been sitting at this small-town garage for at least a couple years that I know of.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 09-20-2015).]

IP: Logged
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black chop top fastback & wide body with dual beam low profile headlights going through Peace Bridge from Buffalo Ny to Canada. It sounded pretty bad ass!
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine in my garage, waiting for the end of this heat spell (my ac doesn't work). We're all hoping for the El Nino here in So. Cal.!
jonrev

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Faded '86 SE - this thing was really trashed. Paperwork in the car points to maybe its been sitting since 2001.

I got a look at this one myself yesterday; agree it probably sat a decade, minimum. The sunroof leaked so much it rusted-out the seatbelt bracket on the floor, in fact I saw nothing of the interior worth salvaging. Am going back for a rubber hose I just remembered I needed, though.

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Can you get a picture of the sail windows?

...following-up from earlier:
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

'86 SE

Someone took the bottom of the front bumper! Must be for a chin spoiler.

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I saw that - it's missing on the Blue Abortion, too.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to a big car show in a tiny town a hundred miles away (only Fiero there) and passed a black Fiero going the other way on IL72 between Fairdale and Monroe Center (tornado alley) yesterday. Red headlight covers if I remember right. We exchanged waves but otherwise it was a brief sighting.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Went to a big car show in a tiny town a hundred miles away (only Fiero there) and passed a black Fiero going the other way on IL72 between Fairdale and Monroe Center (tornado alley) yesterday. Red headlight covers if I remember right. We exchanged waves but otherwise it was a brief sighting.

Tom and Judy said it was good seeing you.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011

was it this one CSS?

photo taken at the Pontiac Show in Pontiac last weekend. (22 Fieros were there !)
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

was it this one CSS?

Probably, yes it was! And Tom and Judy sure get around... Piling up miles on the 'ol Alfa.

rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a GT Monday, parked just outside Little Tokyo in LA. Poor condition, but I was excited to see it in any case. Was gone when I came back around a couple minutes later. It's become a real rarity... that being said I was randomly looking through my dashcam footage a while back, and spotted a white bumperpad Fiero drive past me just 2 lanes over. Merging during rush-hour really eats your attention...

PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a black notchback missing the drivers side sail panel yesterday on A1A in Florida by Cape Canaveral.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2015 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black notchback in barstow, ca. 2nd fiero seen in 150000 miles of driving in 48 states not including the ones I've seen at lvfc. Saw three miatas on i10 back to back in LA 70 miles later.
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunday, October 18th.....Oxford, PA.
Dark blue GT. Also, Chevy Citation and Chevette.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'86 GT in a little used-car lot near Kankakee IL. I've seen this one several times. I'm thinking its been here for a couple-three years already; either that or they sold the first one and got another recently just like it.

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, saw a few! Here's a pic from the California Coast Run.

painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only have seen one in the wild 😆 just as i was telling my sister about this cool old car from the 80s, a maroon 87' GT drove past. As i screamed "fiero", I then knew id get one. Harlem Ave and Rt 30

------------------
87' GT 5 speed 😤 15 years old
My IG for daily motivation: Alpha_Photos

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
double post

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 10-26-2015).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

css9450

5423 posts
Member since Nov 2002
Junkyard Formula! Originally Bright Red but heavily oxidized repaint (same color).

Some nice features. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Some not so nice. Dig the alignment between engine and bulkhead! The weld on the dogbone maybe tells of some sort of impact damage in the past.

Black duct tape sail panel mod.

Someone evidently didn't like the Fiero's low seating position, so they raised both seats with pieces of 2x2 lumber and longer bolts. Note how the wood is hidden by additional carpet. Classy!

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 10-26-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a black Fiero heading South on I270 by Dorset, about 12:24pm on 11/7. It was a notchie with badly fading paint, and had a silver aero nose on it. The rest of the car didn't have the aero trim. The driver was a gentleman with an abundance of hair that appeared to be white/grey. He was on his cell phone. The car had MO plates. Now, there can't be 2 such cars. Anyone know who this is?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a black SE with MO plates and a sunroof at Chick-fil-a in Wentzville around 4:30pm today. Anyone here?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-14-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An '85 in a Hammond Indiana junkyard: The aero nose might be a swap; it had a bumper pad rear bumper.

'84 in a different junkyard (Bensenville IL near O'Hare):

Nice glass sail panels:

Score one here! I looked in the console glovebox and saw what looked like the back of a Post-It pad down at the bottom. I grabbed it out and here's what I found. Still has the Scotch 3M paper on the back and the plastic film on the front to protect it from scratches:

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Nice Sail Panels look like they're courtesy of some stupid idiot that thought he could break into the car through the window.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2015 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Times Union, cars and coffee. White fiero gt all the way in the back. Nice car. Lots of fiero owners in this town but no club. Mine was the other burgendy gt there
Ramon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2015 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamonSend a Private Message to RamonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Local junk yard in Sothern Indiana 5C auto parts. Black 84 auto, I also ran into a white 84 with a Manual trans. And in the back of the yard in a huge engine room I found twelve 3.8, six 3.8 sc, seven 3.4pr, nineteen 3.4ohc. and a nasty pair of 4.3's covered in tar. by the way id love to do a 4.3 swap.

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2016 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On US20 in Indiana: I did a U-turn just so I could get a quick snap through the windshield. I think it belongs to someone on here.

Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2016 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spotted a Silver 85 GT in Goodsprings NV parked under a carport (not sure if it a running car.) While turning around at the end of the road heading back to the Pioneer Saloon.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spotted a GT/ SE in the speedway salvalge parking lot Sunday. I didn't look to close as I wanted to get to the fiero section but now body was there so I went on to the BMW section for my sons car.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spotted 2! The frst one was a white notchie in good condition. It had a decklid scoop, I believe. This was about 12:42pm today, and it made a left from New Florissant Rd onto North Lindbergh, heading South.

The second one I've seen hefore. It was heading South on I-270 about 4:43pm. A black notchie with oxidixed paint.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a burgundy Fiero (non GT) near alliance here in Fort Worth.

He was coming the opposite direction of me, oh well

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black GT, probably an 88, in Hawthorn Woods, IL near Old McHenry and Quentin Rd yesterday. Was stuck in traffic.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a black notchie in Florissant, MO heading East on Washington about 1:15pm today. Looked like a kid driving.
Oregon88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took my baby so Silver Creek Falls in Silverton Oregon today!

It was a nice drive in the rain.

I had to upgrade the wipers to the RainX type, which are amazing, to get there and back safely!

------------------
Any Oregonians out there?

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a red Fiero parked on the street on Gravois Ave in STL, about noon yesterday. No plates. Very oxidized paint. Didn't take a closer look.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spotted a white SE today around 3:30 pm near Gap, Pennsylvania. Was going west bound on route 30 and turned south onto hoover road near the Ruff & Tumble. Had to be local cause that road is quite narrow into Amish land.

http://lancasterpa.com/even...on-rough-and-tumble/

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a red notchie with black hash marks on the drivers fender (a la Corvette Grand Sport) this morning in The Woodlands, TX. I honked and we both waved (I was in my GT). Not sure if it's anyone here though.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spotted a black notchie turning left from Sunrise onto Douglas at about 3 o'clock today. I think he spotted me in my white 87 GT but we were turning in opposite directions. Anyone on here?
rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw a fauxrarri last week, parked at Dana Point wharf. Fooled me at 100 feet, but there was just something too familiar about it...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They just slapped some body panels on it. It doesn't look anything like a Ferrari.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Dup post. Got tired of waiting for it to post, so clicked submit again.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 03-22-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock