Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Project "Black Widow" (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "Black Widow" by Danyel
Started on: 09-24-2009 12:30 PM
Replies: 526 (34388 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 05-26-2018 08:31 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been 2 days of hard work had to do alot structural fixing due to rust but all is done ... then next two pics shows the work done on the frame and the craddle anchor points. The Widow is now firm and capable of handling the V8 torque.

LH side

RH side

5.7 L now in its final resting position almost ready to start .. tomorrow

Finally got the coil-overs back on yeahh !!!!

Waiting for the resine to dry ... one battery box coming up
IP: Logged
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are a large step ahead of me! That battery box should turn out nice

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1704-4.html#lastpost

Clean up seems to take the longest.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the battery box out of the mold sanded and painted ... and did some final assembly on the engine brakes and suspension. Gonna be gone till monday so I will not be able to post engine start up this weekend. Will do monday night. Here are todays pics

Battery box sanded and ready for a coat of primer then painted gloss black

Engine ready to receive the fluids got a couple of wire to plug in

The Widow waiting patiently for her new heart transplant to be done

Muffler still sitting under her oh well monday shell be about purring !!
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep it up!
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sleeping beauty

Nice job

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |Work done 11-12 |
4.9 ongoing project |Parts for sale

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She is FINALLY alive !!!! New totally rebuilt engine too much to list, New Centerforce clutch, Rear SpaceFrame solidifying and 5K dollars later She's finally running .... The engine purrs like a kitten but she accelarates like a cheetah... cracked my skulll on the rear glass duh I forgot to bolt the seat in *dumb-ass* when I hit the gas it gave me a head ache ...stupid seat bolts .... so heres the video

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful! Now that is kick ass.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested I have one of these EXTRA due to Canada Post strike it finally came in today. New in unopened box

$350 Shipped in Canada only
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Started the battery box relocation tonight .. measure 5 times cut once

Hole is cut ..so far so good

Bolted down my home made battery box ... looking good

Drilled holes for the battery tie down rods ..cut them to size and used an L shape metal piece to connect the 2 bolts together works fine .. the battery is really held down properly.

Now I got the coil overs to adjust I'm over 4 inches too high ... will do tomorrow. Got the Gen 2 headlight wiring to check only the LH marker and turn signal lights up ... I have the rear decklid to cut for the air filter to fit. .... Got a show this weekend still lots to do and then wash wax and polish her up for the people to see her...
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Now I got the coil overs to adjust I'm over 4 inches too high ... will do tomorrow. Got the Gen 2 headlight wiring to check only the LH marker and turn signal lights up ... I have the rear decklid to cut for the air filter to fit. .... Got a show this weekend still lots to do and then wash wax and polish her up for the people to see her...

Where and when ??
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://bellesautosdhier.com/gala/ en fin de semaine ..... are you in town this week end?

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 06-29-2011).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Widow is almost ready ... just got a electrical problem to sort out ...wash and wax and she'll be ready for saturday..

I love the stance she now has ..
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You might want to check some trans lines.....It looks like its blowing oil or something over the rack. Over spray maybe? I dunno, could be nothing.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Widow is now washed waxed and ready to go for tomorrow 08:00 am car show" Wifey and I spent the whole day on her cleaning EVERYTHING ..engine compartement included. Also we did some touch up paint (front end scrapping on sidewalks) grrr ... so we are all ready to go to Frazee ... our trip starts on the 18th ... I wanted to say also I will post a thread of the Tylers Toy memoriabilia Ebay auction which will start on Monday for 2 weeks ALL PROFITS go to the Shipmans ... I do have some shipping charges for the 2 dozen shirts that was sent to me UPS COD cost me 150$ total ... anyway I"ll figure out something ... but all profits will be brought to Frazee ..... here are todays pics of the Widow all nice and perty ready for tomorrow.....

PS 87antuzzi That pic was taken BEFORE I fixed it up and cleaned it .. THX for the warning

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonderfull car

Good luck for the show and shine
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent the whole day at the show .... was really great... nice and sunny for a change ... the only fiero there...met alot of people who were suprised to see a Mid engine V8 Pontiac Fiero ... and YES they ALL asked "Didn't those catch fire?" I told them all ...not with a V8 its too fast to be caught some of them as they walked by said yeah I remember those cars they really had nice doors LOLOLOL. There were over 1500 cars present and most of them were from the 50s 60s era. Here are the pics

Finally got back to the condo ...
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What, no engine shots? You tease.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just awesome mang! A lot of hard work, for a giant reward. Looks like the fruits of your labors are finally paying off. Enjoy.

Tony
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here a show pic of me coming in taken by the organizers
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice my friend!
PFF
System Bot
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero lovers, I had the privilege to not only see, but also drive the Black Widow.

One word, if it is, WOW.

A 350 cubic inches carburated will always have its own charm.

Very nice work Danyel. I hope you will find the cooling problem pretty soon.

------------------

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |Work done 11-12 |

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, I like the cool nose emblem.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Falcon_ca....... thanks... yeppp still trying to find Why on the highway she goes up to 210+ .... and as soon as I'm in heavy traffic she's back down to 180-190.... all my shrouds are there and the lower deflector too..... I cut the bottom out of my chin spoiler .... still overheats..... working on it but I got only 3 days before Frazee trip ... looks like we might be changing to the Vibe for the trip

madcurl ---- THANKS !!! ....took 3 months to get them... I think it goes well with the theme of the car ... gonna have to order some more though got one stolen so far grrr ...
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its been over a month since I posted here ... I have some important news I will post here this week ... stay tuned
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! how much shipped to 33463?

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates?
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates?

------------------

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here a show pic of me coming in taken by the organizers

I think this picture should show more attitude: Whadda you lookin' at!?! You lookin' at me? You better say somethin' NICE about my car because I know people in K-Beck .....One phone call is all it takes and you'll be flyin' with the Pegasus !

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel:

Any car next to a Gremlin would look good (except a Pacer).
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

30+mpg

4049 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Danyel:Well its been over a month since I posted here ... I have some important news I will post here this week ... stay tuned

Sooo, is it still "this week" ?

My guess, the car has been sold.

PFF
System Bot
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
or is "total"

------------------

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully it's, "I got new wheels!"

Seriously, they need to go.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or maybe, "I just got a rust free GT"...
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have it on good account that he just finished a swap.....he pulled out that old, carburated V8 because he got a really good deal on a low mileage, gently used iron duke.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ahhh haaa you guys are really curious !!!! but I must admit I am a little late .... I've been waiting for news on two things ... but I dont want to spill the beans right yet !!! More info as soon as I get my replies !!!! New rustless fiero in rolling chassis ?? ... maybe .... maybe not I will post the news soon !!
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just read through the last 4 or 5 pages of your build looking for the completed fiberglass taillights..
You are a SLACKER!!! Hahaha.
Love the car by the way.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been a couple of months since I posted anything good here ... I want to do a recap of the last past months.... As some of you know the trip to Frazee had to be done with the Pontiac Vibe because The Widow was always overheating on the highway. Spent 3 weeks on a road trip to Frazee and back and it was really GREAT. I finally got to meet the Shipmans and other fiero brothers and sisters.... what a ball !!! Just a beautiful fun group to be with ...The trip/vacation help put back into perspective the whole Tyler's Toy Project. The wife and I had lots of fun and will remember these precious moments forever. Here are a couple of pics of our Frazee trip ... out of the build context but important.

Tent is up we're ready to PARTY!!!!

The Shipman's with the Emmy Award (Kare 11 Boyd Huppert)

Wife got to drive for the first time a Fiero ... Casey's Fiero

Was honored to sign Tylers Car officially being a Build Team Member !!!

The build team key chain shield I received also !!!

Sign post 1156 mi to Levis ... but we took the LONG way there over 2.5K mi. Via Detroit /Chicago

The Shipman Family and I with the official Bombardier Flag

Thanks to the Shipmans for their hospitality ... we will be back in 2014 for the 5th Annual.. this time with the Widow for sure. (Even if I have to push it there !!!)
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
To get back into context I had put the news on ice for a while because I just wanted to ride around in the Widow ... which I did ... but on the last week end the gas pump broke ... brought it back to the garage on a flatbed and decided that was it for the fiero season... time to start planning and buying new stuff ... I found a rolling chassis in the USA and will be picking it up next summer but in the meantime I can do the bodymods to this one. I will do a NEW thread of the rebuild of the Widow in 2012 -2013.

Here are the highlights of the 2012-2013 Widow rebuild

1. strip new spaceframe and repaint
2. choptop
3. new wheels (18 frt and 19 x 9.0 rear)
4. Redesigned front fascia
5. New paint scheme (Gun metal black and candy apple red metallic)

Paint scheme

Wheels

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-17-2011).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Since the Widow is now back in the garage I recieved some new stuff These are 4 x 6 800k Pure White HIDs. WStarted to look at the rear 1 piece tail light panel that has been sitting on my workbench for 4 months .... I also receive 250 x .5 watts Pirahna LEDs ... lots of soldering in sight !!! Winter is coming fast and I'm spending ALOT of time on Ebay..... todays pics ... more to come

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock