Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Project "Black Widow" (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "Black Widow" by Danyel
Started on: 09-24-2009 12:30 PM
Replies: 526 (34387 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 05-26-2018 08:31 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well another season is just beginning .... I have soooooo much catching up to do... work is keeping me away all the time ... the Widow is being revamped again and almost ready to hit the road.... I am finishing the TIG welds on my ram air intake bowl pics later this week. My Mastercraft tool box finally arived friday but only had today to get all my tools into it. Here are some pics of the garage spent the winter parting out two 87 GTs and I kept a whole front end to build me a fiero tariler more on that later this summer. I have the rear lip spolier to install and the holes to cut out of the decklid for the RAM air.

Widow almost ready for the summer rides

My Mastercraft tool box finally arrived woot woot....

This garage now contains 3 Gts in parts ... the frames are crushed exept for one front end.

More fiero parts ... all screws bolts nuts are there .....

You can see in the background standing up is the front end of an 87 GT that will be transformed into a trailer.

Bought these on Ebay NOS 19$ they will need a good cleaning though

more this week with detailed work and pics done to the Widow..... but alot of catching up to do...
IP: Logged
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been away from home all summer giving OS X Lion Server training & IOS Integration...the Widow has NOT seen the light of day this year. I've been home for a week now so I started finishing up my 4 x 6 HID headlights. The following shows how I assembled my lights using F1F buckets. I'm not a fan of the Hella light look so I ordered F1F buckets from Synthesis to start my upgrade. Here is the HOW TO from the begining.

Got my F1F bucket ..... now to take measurements and see if I can fit 4 x 6 lamps ....

Inserted a 4 x 6 lamp woot woot it fits ....

Made a paper template so I can correctly place and trace to cut out

Ok they look centered let the cutting begin

Took over 1.5 hours to cut out and grind properly ....

Fit is excellent now for the second one .....

Side by side Before and After ......

To give the headlight housings a way to stay into the buckets I used a cardboard cutout to make the holding plates.

Now to make the template into aluminium ...

They fit like a glove .... three more to do .....

Used JB Weld to glue the bottom side.

I now glued the the top side and inserted Rivet Nuts that I also glued with JB Weld for more strength.

I ordered and received some springs that are used on an USA attack Helicopter they are the right length and compression rating.

Preassembled the headlight to check for fit and spring tension

All is fine the springs hold the lamp nice and snug.

Now for a coat of paint

and reassembly .... tommorrow continued with the bucket support cleaning and repaint

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-14-2013).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2013 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way cool!

Edit: Yes, an edit!

Looking back at your design, and I am even more impressed. Very clean. Very functional. I likey.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-14-2013).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony ........ I got the idea off some people on here who used a 4 x 6 upgrade ..... no more froggy eyes ..... now on to some DRL
regards

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-14-2013).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Here are the pics of them installed ..... sorry about the dust and dirt on the Widow ...

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man am I diggin' those Danyel Well done!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well got another 87 GT for disassembly but this one is a little rarer ...... will start a new sale thread soon.....

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of shape is the dash in? I would be interested in it if the corners aren't cracked and broken...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are the seat covers?

----------------------------------------------------------------

*shivers* Gross! *shivers continue...*

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-15-2013).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

How are the seat covers?

Shredded ,,,, and soiled
Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Winter is coming soon and I still did NOT get to take the Widow out .... too much work and not enough time to play .... so I only do the mods sporadically.I dontknowif I'll be able to take her out before the end of october..... but she will be ready for Frazee, Mn next summer for Tyler's Fifth Annual. I have been doing some research too see about my air intakes ... here are some pics of them ... took over 10 hours of work to TIG weld and get them straight ....

I did short stitches on the inside but complete weld on the outside....

The intakes were a little harder to TIG weld but I think they turned out alright.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
I used an old broken decklid and cut out a square hole to start takin the measurements .... I used some plastic lids to get the height so I dont have to cutout large clearance holes.

Thats when I got an idea ....
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
I was wondering how I was gonna put the Black Widow's distinctive mark back on the decklid and also make it functional .... this is what I came up with ....

I will leave the rear opened so hot air can escape but insert a grill to tie in the design ...... I still have to cutout the intake holes .....
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the vent "design and function" all in one....Great job.
ricjaymes2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ricjaymes2Send a Private Message to ricjaymes2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Well the work has restarted on the Widow. I got the wing done. Installed the TLG wing struts had to sand and prep the underside of the wing and struts then paint. Also had to figure out a clean way to hold the 3rd brake light. DONE !!! Man do I like HOME HARDWARE stores Here is a pic, ready to install back on the Widow, of it all done and the LED 3rd brake light lit up.
I will start posting the lambo doors install vids tomorrow..... MORE TO COME !!!!

Where and what type of wing is this??? i really like the look of it very clean and im diggin the 3rd light on it as well send me a pm if you can TY!

------------------
Mark

87 Fiero SE 4CYL 2.5L
65 Thunderbird

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ricjaymes2:

Where and what type of wing is this??? i really like the look of it very clean and im diggin the 3rd light on it as well send me a pm if you can TY!

On my return from Punta Cana sunday I'll send ya more details. the wing is OEM fiero GT
regards
Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i had forgotten about your wing question..... the LED brake light strip was bought on Ebay and the stands were 7inch. I sold that setup and went wingless....
regards
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-01-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its official I just hit 4K posts !!! took six years ......I'll be back in the garage this weekend STAY POSTED !!!!
possumlips

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for possumlipsSend a Private Message to possumlipsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

i had forgotten about your wing question..... the LED brake light strip was bought on Ebay and the stands were 7inch. I sold that setup and went wingless....
regards
Danyel

Yes, I bought it and didn't even need to paint it. Thanks again Danyel!....Jesse
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by possumlips:

Yes, I bought it and didn't even need to paint it. Thanks again Danyel!....Jesse

Lookin real good !! glad you are happy....
regards
Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been very busy this winter with Apple courses and seminars.... still gathering parts so I can start installing soon. I'm still missing some parts for my 6 speed swap so it wont happen this year though because we will be in Frazee with The Widow ..... Anyways as you can see many goodies.... I will be installing the 1.5 inch drop knucles .....and finishing another 4 x 6 buckets for my friend Brian.

Bought these spindles for cheap because the axle threads were stripped.... sent them to my friends shop he re-threaded them and made castle nuts.... they are now ready to be put on !!! Stay tuned more goodies and info coming.....

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More new stuff came in for my F40 tranny swap .....bought an 2006 G6 GTP parts car also but this swap will only happen with the new Widow SpaceFrame more on that soon.

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 05-25-2014).]

dcarrd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maan, it took me all day to read the whole post but it was mesmerizing! You are a true inspiration, now every time I walk out and look at my Fiero project I will think of this build and keep chipping at it. Thank you.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! Would love to check it out when I come to Quebec City this summer. Nice build!
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see this in person.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Very nice! Would love to check it out when I come to Quebec City this summer. Nice build!

PM sent .....
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Can't wait to see this in person.

Us too can wait to see the gang again !!!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you all know I have been busy assembling Doublec4's LED tail lights for other members here on the forum. I decided to assemble my kit and while I was at it I built LED backup lights to complete the tails ..... I am looking for 194 bayonets so I can also light up with LEDs the Pontiac letters ..... here are some pics of the LED tail lights during assembly ....will put the tails together tomorrow after I wash them really good.... more pics to follow when installed on the Widow

Here are my assembled LED reverse lights 135 Superbright Piranhas

Tails almost ready to close up .... will give the lenses a good cleaning tomorrow

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 06-01-2014).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been away from home often in the past weeks and I've been assembling my LED tail light kit on and off in between doing other members kits. I also had to deal with alot of SNAGs with a notchie LED kits but will get through it ..... Today spent the whole day in my garage getting the Widow ready for the Frazee trip in July .... here is a video of the comnpleted and installed tail lights.... I also made a reverse light modules for test and inserted them in my tail ... while they were opened.... Have many things to do to the Widow before the trip and customers to send their LED kits.... everyone will receive their kits sent this week finally.... here is my tail lights video

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Good, can't wait to see in Frazee. Just over 1 month away!
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome

I always find it difficult to capture LED lights nicely on camera
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Looks awesome

I always find it difficult to capture LED lights nicely on camera

Filmed it with my iPad 4th Gen it gets a good frame rate.... thanks
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Spent yesterday working on the Widow to get her ready for Frazee. I started building up the decklid distinctive mark with fiberglass. Here is yesterday's progress. Today I spent the day soldering customers LED Tail lights trying to get them done to ship out this week ....

Cutout a 1.5 inch styrofoam in the same shape of the decklid cut out.

This is the decklid with the cut done ready to glass the mark in.

You can see I used a black marker to show the place where the opening will be to help vent out the heat.

Decklid removed

Glassed in the sides and letting it dry ... First layer

Second Layer

Installed the front intake V8 emblem while the fiberglass cured.... Will need 2 other fiberglass bags ... tomorrow more update.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
like that top badge...
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will have more info and pics tomorrow ... I still am sanding down the decklid nice and smooth before I paint it black... this will be a temporary job till she goes in a paint boot after we are back from Frazee MN.... in the meantime here e is what my low profile buckets looks like once installed ... I did not have the bulbs plugged in so thew camera would not go dark... you can buy these in my sale thread. ... more tomorrow

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't wait to see that rear deck lid finished!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

Can't wait to see that rear deck lid finished!

Been working on that decklid for over 30 hours .... its comin along the only issue will painting it ... will have to do a rattle can job because I'm running out of time for Frazee. Here are the pics from this week. ..... sanding and sanding and sanding .......

Still lots of sanding and glazing .... both sides of the decklid to do ....
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
And here is what it looks like on the Widow ..... still lots to do but I wanted to see the look ... I will paint it black with the distinctive mark RED on the top the sides will be black... more this week ...................

falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job my friend

Can't wait to see it in person

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 |Work done 13-14 | 4.9 Swap |Parts for sale

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock