Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Project "Black Widow" (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "Black Widow" by Danyel
Started on: 09-24-2009 12:30 PM
Replies: 526 (34387 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 05-26-2018 08:31 PM
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God, I love those lambos !

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08
Work done 08-09
Work done 09-10
4.9 ongoing project

IP: Logged
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics from 1 week ago

chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you got a 5.7 L in that thing :S:S:S that's a monster... nice

------------------

For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow

------------------

Work done 07-08
Work done 08-09
Work done 09-10
4.9 ongoing project

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On you fîrst post We cans ee that you aborted the "Install low profile projector head lights" task.

Why?
------------------

Work done 07-08
Work done 08-09
Work done 09-10
4.9 ongoing project

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 08-15-2010).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you buy that evercoat stuff?

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 08-15-2010).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4 .... You can buy the Evercoat at any Best Buy or a automobile body shop repair supplier ......falcon_ca took on too many projects .... I will see if next winter I have time ....
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumb

Where are you gone?

------------------

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |
4.9 ongoing project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well its been a couple of months being away.... takin care of the wife and also very busy installing ESXi servers to pair up with our MAC Xservers at our highschool ... time has been VERY limited around the fiero .... well I drove it a couple of times and I've decide to take out the engine for a complete rebuild. My buddy will be taking the Widow to remove the engine for total rehaul while I tidy up the engine bay ( repaint and rewire) install oil cooler amongst other things. I've been very sad not to be at Tyler's first meet due to the wife falling very sick. We already made plans for the 2nd show and will be there for sure. Here are pics I've taken of the Widow she is burning more oil than gas these days .... well time for heart repair ....

will keep you posted ...
88lambofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dan

How are the doors working? The car looks great.
aNgeLeyez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aNgeLeyezSend a Private Message to aNgeLeyezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is really cool I like

"If the music is too loud, You are too old"

[This message has been edited by aNgeLeyez (edited 09-28-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88lambofiero the doors are fine..... but got to buy me some new quarter windows though.... geeese the door wasn't all the way down and I slammed it closed by mistake.... grrrrr still learning the right way to close those doors
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When do you expect to chop the top?

------------------

4.9 ongoing project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
falcon_ca well I'm waiting on two things... first a quote for shipping the kit to Levis from Archie and second finding an 86 1/2 GT 5 speed from the USA... This will become the NEW Black Widow in 2012-2014 .... I want to do a full restoration and drive my present Widow in the meantime.... the new Widow will be chopped, dropped, and will get the V8 with the lambo kit and interior from the old one in 2013. The present Widow has some space frame rust issues...and I will not invest in it. I prefer finding a non rusted 86 GT with a Getrag in rolling chassis. I also found that the RPM on a 4 speed isuzu wears the V8 alot (high revs) .....I am presently removing the engine so my friend can overhaul the engine ... I will be doing minor clean up of the engine bay this winter and searching for that illusive GT any ideas as to where I can find her ? ... The wife and I will be in Frazee Mn next summer so that is why the engine overhaul this winter....will probably swoop over at Archies to pick up a CT kit on the way back to Levis .....
fierochic1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochic1Click Here to visit fierochic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierochic1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a clean garage! Well, compared to mine. Nice project.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the Widow is at my friend's garage getting the V8 pulled out .. he will be putting the craddle back on and take it back to my garage so I can do a clean up of the engine bay ... I will redo all the wirings, Install braided stainless steel lines, relocate the water pump.. Archie is selling me a relocation kit , Por-5 and repaint.. Also I have ordered 3 sets of LED strips (650 RED LEDs, 300 yellow LEDs, 200 white LEDs ) so I can get Justin's one piece tail light panel assembled and tested. I will also be installing a trailer hitch... I have an unused " hidden hitch" kit from a Sunfire that I will modify to fit the Widow. I kept the decklid at the garage so I can modify it ie-- .raise the mustang scoop up 1.5 inches and glass it all in ......also the wing will get glassed in. I am redoing the center console to accomodate for the Audi TT shifter ring and boot.... Here are pics taken a week ago of the Widow at my friends garage.

The Widow ready for the heart transplant ...

again

The garage empty and lonely

Rear view on the decklid

Top view of the decklid ... I will be redoing the Widow's markings after..

more to come

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-19-2010).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Extracting the 5.7l

Widow's back home ready for a engine bay tidy up and rewire
Photo last week ... had an HDD failure (pics from Iphone4 camera)
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Pics from 1 week ago

Wow that's a sharp looking car. Is there any chance you can send me the full size(high res) pics.

thanks
geckoracing5@hotmail.com
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gecko you can download them from here ... (right click save as) http://www.blackwidowfiero.com/HighRes
PM sent
Danyel
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much. They will make for some nice backgrounds/wallpapers
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well almost 2 months since I posted here .... these are summer shots before the engine was removed .... will update on the motor rebuild soon

Up on ramp

Ramp 2

Updates soon
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its been a while since I posted some updates ... so far many parts have been bought. I got a electric water pump remote kit and a new harmonic balancer from Archies. I also bought Prothane Engine Craddle Urethane Bushings Kit and 25 feet of 1 gauge wire for battery front relocation , just missing the tray. This time my rear coilovers will get re-installed. I started cleaning up the engine and undone the interior so I can pass the 1 gauge cable through the inside. I took apart by 85 GT center console so I can use it as a frame for my new center console and my Audi TT shifter ring.
Once we got the engine dismantled we found out why she was burning oil ... 5 of the 8 cylinders had rusted grooves in them so the block is shot we could not bore them to completly remove the grooves ... oh well ...went on the internet and bought a freshly rebuilt 350 bored 30 over with racing cams and roller rockers hope the thing put out over 300 hp !!!. bought it for peanuts it had 200 hrs on it and was being used to drive an electric generator man this was probably the most POWERFULL electric genarator on the planet !!!! So I will be tearing it up with Carl to do a couple of mods to it... looks pretty crappy as is ....... Here are todays pics.....

Prothane kit

Engine 1 Lots of tidying up to do.!!! (95 or 96 carbed LT1)

Engine 2 ....the PO has done a crappy paint job to it... I'll purdy it up...

Console ready to pas the two 1gauge wires for battery relocate.

More to come this week ...

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-10-2012).]

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking build can't wait to see your LED taillight panel good luck
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JPH87 --- the LEDs are here but I'm waitin on a pair of GT tail light backs that I bought .... as soon as I get them I will post here that swap. I receive today my Widows front and side badges ... these are metal I have to groove out the hour glass shape and fill in red ... here they are in pics without the hour glass shape painted.

All 4 of them (one for the front and 2 for the fender bages, 1 spare)

Close up there are chromed metal badges (2 inches wide x 3 inches tall x 1/4 thick)

Has any one have an idea on what to use to solidly hold those on ... they presently have 3M tape on the body part.. not sure they will hold correctly... I thought maybe I should make a groove in the same shape so that they will be inlaid... any thoughts??
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YEEAAAHHHH finally got my GT tail light back part in the mail ..... gonna start soon to do the mods ...

Gonna start by cleaning them up and put them on so I can take pics to figure out if this will be a 2 line pattern or a 5 line pattern...

Two line pattern (actually 3)

Or 5 line pattern....

more soon !!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JPH87 --- the LEDs are here but I'm waitin on a pair of GT tail light backs that I bought .... as soon as I get them I will post here that swap. I receive today my Widows front and side badges ... these are metal I have to groove out the hour glass shape and fill in red ... here they are in pics without the hour glass shape painted.

All 4 of them (one for the front and 2 for the fender bages, 1 spare)

Close up there are chromed metal badges (2 inches wide x 3 inches tall x 1/4 thick)

Has any one have an idea on what to use to solidly hold those on ... they presently have 3M tape on the body part.. not sure they will hold correctly... I thought maybe I should make a groove in the same shape so that they will be inlaid... any thoughts??

Those are some pretty awesome badges !

check with whodeanie about how to mount them, as he has done so with simlair type badges.
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good don't for get to mount those tail light backs then glue them together to ensure proper spacing. Those badges are really cool
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

5 line looks dated.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew it! They do have rednecks in Canada.

Love those spider emblems.
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This one please.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

I knew it! They do have rednecks in Canada.

Love those spider emblems.

that does not look safe.... looks like whatever it is resting on is going to get pushed "outwards" and fall.
PFF
System Bot
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

4.9 ongoing project | Parts for sale

JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are those steelies welded together? are the ramps bolted to the steelies?

Keep up the good work, i like the LED tail lamp ideas. be safe, or at least fast... bonne chance
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt

Any progress to show ?

------------------

4.9 ongoing project | Parts for sale

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok ... first of all lets get one thing straight ... there are NO rednecks in Levis hehehehehe A picture is worth one thousand words especially if your name is Shaun ... Anyway for all you who are thinking I'm a redneck here is an explanation image ...

Ramp salvaged from garage it was an old car lift..!!

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-16-2011).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
The LT1 is coming together really sweet thanks to my friend Carl.... I will post update pics soon... been very busy putting LED marker kits together ... got 6 kits done all sold in 2 days !!! The fierostore have sorted out my shipping issues.. it was a Firefox problem go figure .. also bought transparent front turn signal to put in my R&D LED sequenced lights .... will post movie of them in action .. they also will contain a surprise !!! Stay tuned

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-10-2011).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the summer is coming soon and so is the trip to Frazee the LT1 is now completely assembled and soon will be put back into the Widow. I have been very busy with R&D of the front markers and waiting on the PCBs. This week-end got the shop all cleaned up and started on my center console. I bought a small sheet of 16ga metal and got to work.

First I diid some tracing

Test fit on the surround .. (this year I'm keeping the center console close to original)

All seems to be ok Took apart the Audi TT shifter boot and ring for more tracing.

Once cut out and fixed the ring to the plate took this picture but I'm gonna need suggestions. The ring doesn't stand out

I took out the plate again and did some holes for the PW.

I dont know if I should paint it ... if so in what color ... I'm not a interior designer I guess.
Any suggestions ????

Please give me suggestions ... or do I keep the silver on silver theme?? THX

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-10-2011).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it looks good. But as for the shift surround, I would paint it black, but leave the shift boot ring silver. That should look pretty sick.
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got excited thought I was going to see something else but the shift plate is nice too
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JPH87 --- aaahhh yeppp stand by I'm finishing a couple of odds and ends ... you will see it VERY soon !!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock