Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Project "Black Widow" (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "Black Widow" by Danyel
Started on: 09-24-2009 12:30 PM
Replies: 526 (34348 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 05-26-2018 08:31 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the last video of the Black Widows lambo doors hinges install ... I will contact Jesse's Customs to give him a resumé of the whole install and also modifications he has to do to make the hinges install perfect. Hope you enjoyed... I have to lengthen the wiring and trim the fender lip which I will do tomorrow...

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-20-2010).]

IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am jealous of your ride, my friend. Your car is going to be absolutely spectacular.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today I got the wiring of the passenger door lengthened and also the wires of the 3rd brake light passed through the hood reinforcements. You do not see the wire of the brake light when the decklid is opened... here are todays pictures....

Passenger door up and wired (PM, PDL, PW)

3rd brake light lit up
Rck152

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the widow is coming along great have to say my most favorite on here... can't wait to see the mirrors on and working.

------------------
Robb.

Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any new progress??

------------------
Robb.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rck152 --- I'm on business trip will be back working on her next week ....
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool. the widow is awsome

------------------
Robb.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my 1000 posts !!!!

I got these today !!! More work !!!!

Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice. will look good
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I took out the headliner to prepare for glassing and after re-upholster.

Also Istarted putting the finishing touches on the drivers side lambo door hinge. I see that the Widow has severe rust issues. I will not invest in redoing these perforations in metal and welding. I will fiberglass the holes and in the winter of 2010 -2011 will swap to a USA 86 GT sunroof manual rolling chassis. The Widow will not be on the road for 2011 season. If any one has a 86 GT manual with sunroof in a rolling chassis NO RUST please PM me with pics and price. Here are some pics of the driver side hinge.

More to follow tomorrow ....
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, from what you mentioned about switching over to a rust free 86 chassis from the US, I'd suggest you wait and do that before spending money on the this 86GT...(the widow, like you call it... ...)

6 years ago I did the same thing, put over 4000$ into a rusted 86GT. In the end I wasted all that money and time into a car that would never be better. Sold the car for 1800$ and was happy it was gone.

I imported an 88 fiero from the US and commissioned a fiero "nut" from NS. He did one hell of an awsome job and has over 20 years experiance in fieros and owns 2 GTs himself. I put a "trunk full" of money into this 88GT I own and never looked back. I had the car built so I could enjoy / drive it, not keep it in a garage and just blow the dust off every month.

Yes, your right about the rust-free affair...its the best thing to do, because here in Canada 90% of fiero have rusted out and aren't really rebuildable because their just not worth it, and are too much in bad, bad shape. South is the way to go...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, loaded, 5-speed

PFF
System Bot
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry to hear about the rust issue. It has claimed alot of good cars.

------------------
Robb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Pontiac thing What else Can I say??????
!985 GT
1998 Sunfire Turbocharged
1996 Grand Prix

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today the second door is officially installed. I wanted to post pics of how I got the lift struts onto their posts. I did this with a floor jack propped up on bricks because my widow is on 18 inch stands. As you can see in the pics the strut is sitting on the round end of a 9/16 wrench so I can use it as a lever to push it onto its ball shaft. This set up also prevents the strut to move all over the place while being compressed by the floor jack.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
So here is the Widow with both of her doors up in the air... cant wait to get her back on the ground and take pics with her skins on .... Alot of work to do before that happens.

But I can already forsee an issue with this one ... if you look at the top right of the door you can see the gap is wide. Bottom right of the door almost has NO gap !!! will have to fiddle around the hinge to adjust it right.

More tomorrow ....
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With a project named Black Widow, a custom license plate that says " Poison " might be perfect !?

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The plate looks nice but here in Quebec , Canada our cars don't have front plates an also we dont have front plate holders
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been a easy day got my tail lights from CosVegFiero and installed them and hooked up the LED 3rd brake lights. Here are todays pics

Gotta finish my new LED markers and install them to see how they will match up to the rest. Will be back with pics... Good week end to all.
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08
Work done 08-09
Work done 09-10
4.9 ongoing project

Tzone21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tzone21Send a Private Message to Tzone21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey do you have any more pics of how your v8 fits in your engine bay? i was just curious
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll get some posted here tomorrow ...
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good. Where ,If I may ask, did you get the lambo hinges?

------------------
Robb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Pontiac thing What else Can I say??????
1985 Fiero GT
1998 Sunfire Turbocharged
1996 Grand Prix

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After taking the pics of the motor I am seeing alot of mayham !!! I'm gooing to have to clean up the engine compartement and wiring ... what a mess. I'm going to be buying alot of braided stainless stell hoses and wire pass through. Here are the pics for you Tzone21.

woowww more work !!!!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Rck152 --- bought them from Jesse's Customs .. made in the USA ..... here is the thread.... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078049.html
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my LED markers done ... will post pics tomorrow with them installed
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today continued on the 85 GT (Part Car) remove the windshield so I can clean it up and put it on the Widow... my fravorite little helper (Wifey) gave me a big hand to do this.. also sanded and prepped the seat mechanism plastic covers ready for paint (saddle color). My markers are almost done but not installed. Here are todays pics

more tomorrow....
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Forgot to post... these are the markers all done ready to attach to the Widow

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am liking this car more and more.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 85 GT parts car is all stripped of its good parts tomorrow I will be calling the recycler to come and get it. $160 a ton probably get around $90 for it. YEAH more room in the garage to place a USA 86 GT manual with sunroof (rolling chassis) NO RUST. If you have this PM me with price the car will be picked up by my friend a car broker. Todays pics ...

Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you happen to have any consol or dash parts left from the 85? And thanks for the link on the hinges. {bump}
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today's walk around the Black Widow

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Rck152 there wasn't much good stuff around the dash and console left sorry
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Closing the Black Widow's lambo doors
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I was at your garage, you showed me that the door must be firmly kept in down position while you are closing the door.

I am wondering how it could be done from the inside?

------------------

Work done 07-08
Work done 08-09
Work done 09-10
4.9 ongoing project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you are sitting in the car ... once you brought down the door down ....it is almost impossible in the sitting position to force it down more than it can go ... and you only have to pull in on the door. Alot easier than when you are standing outside. A little practice is needed though.... it is a whole new ball game to close these doors ... but believe me it looks awsome ... cant wait to go and fill her up at the gas station..
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also when the inner and outer door panel are on the door is heavier so it makes it easier to close from the inside
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The R/H side skins are on .... will need some adjustement and alot of patience ..... but its lookin good. I forgot to buy the rounded molding fasteners grrrr... will order from TFS tomorrow morning. Been also working on the markers sockets some light up 2 don't .. more electrical troubleshooting.... . Still looking for an USA 86 GT manual with sunroof NO RUST without engine or tranny. Contact me if ya have one. Here are todays pics.

more tomorrow .....
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As requested a better pic of tail light and 3rd brake light ... this is the best I have ... will take more tomorrow

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Is my birthday today so I took it easy. I also received by the mail my emblems for the decklid scoop... looks perty sharp I must admit. I also got two plastic 43 drawers parts compartment bins... spent the day sorting out my nuts, bolts and stuff from previous fieros to put into these. .... anyways gotta go wifey's takin me out to supper .... yeah here are todays pics

more tomorrow
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy birthday my friend

------------------

Work done 07-08 Work done 08-09
Work done 09-10 4.9 ongoing project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After putting on the driver side door skin I have a rubbing area in the bottom right side. I'm gong to PM Jesse on his thread to see if he ever dealt with an issue like this. I'm not a body guru.. More to come tonight.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock