Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14674 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad news, but earlier in the week a couple teens were killed up in Wilson when the driver lost control and hit a tree in a Fiero.

http://www.buffalonews.com/...ry/812352.html?imw=Y

Article says he hit the tree hard enough to split the car in two. There is a small pic in the link and you can certainly tell the car was cut in half down the middle. Very tragic.
IP: Logged
Dflint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well thats sad..i guess a fiero couldnt save them but we all know that any car at high speeds and hitting a tree is still very dangerous

------------------
Dflint24...85 SE

Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone need to get this quick hes in fort drum and i bet hes deploying over seas just like my brother did three days again... he was at fort drum also. i bet he will sell this cheaper then its listed.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...item3ef956977e#v4-37
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's interesting but I have more than I can handle with my GT. Buying additional Fiero's must be treated as a drug and as Nancy Reagan said, "Just say no".
Larry
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love Fieros, but one is certainly enough for me! I don't want to have to work even MORE overtime keep another one nice and running!
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

I was heading up George Urban in Depew this morning and in a driveway across from Quebecor I spot this:

Larry

I just saw this car posted on craigslist for sale.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

I just saw this car posted on craigslist for sale.

Hey, That's my old neighborhood
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

Hey, That's my old neighborhood

Cool. It's my current neighborhood!
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a local bump. I spotted my car finally driving on the road. Took it for her first ride today. About 50-60 miles. No issues thus far.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be watching the neighborhood for ya.
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would anyone like to take a road trip with me to bath, ny to look at a indy.. i was asked by a guy here from the forum and hes in the military and is over seas he is coming home soon and he asked me to take a look at the car for him sense he lives in florida.. he states that he will pay for gas and food and i would love to see a indy with my own eyes. im 18 years old and my fiero is not ready to take a trip like that.. its not on the road yet plus i dont have another car. and 2 heads are better then one, when one of them is probley more mechanical then mine ha. so just wondering if someone would like to take a trip with me down there?

------------------
Dflint24...85 SE
NYFOC

PFF
System Bot
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dflint

313 posts
Member since Jul 2008
Bump
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dflint:

would anyone like to take a road trip with me to bath, ny to look at a indy.. i was asked by a guy here from the forum and hes in the military and is over seas he is coming home soon and he asked me to take a look at the car for him sense he lives in florida.. he states that he will pay for gas and food and i would love to see a indy with my own eyes. im 18 years old and my fiero is not ready to take a trip like that.. its not on the road yet plus i dont have another car. and 2 heads are better then one, when one of them is probley more mechanical then mine ha. so just wondering if someone would like to take a trip with me down there?

I can't do it, too much to do around the house at this time of the year. It's good of you to try to help but maybe one of the NYFOC members is closer to Bath than us?
Larry
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
alright

------------------
Dflint...85 SE

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spotting this 88 GT at Ropat's Electric on NF Blvd yesterday. This has a 4.9 in it. I met the owner last year next to where I work and chatted with him awhile.
I loved the throaty rumble I heard when he drove away.
Larry
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I do wish I had the time and money and space to swap motors in mine. I got a perfectly good LQ1 sitting in my Z34. Which nobody wants to buy apparently. lol Ah well......
DavePatron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePatronClick Here to visit DavePatron's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavePatronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice,but i like the zip of the 2.8!

[This message has been edited by DavePatron (edited 11-15-2009).]

DavePatron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePatronClick Here to visit DavePatron's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavePatronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DavePatron

159 posts
Member since Sep 2009
nice,but i like the zip of the 2.8!

------------------
want a real upgrade?
Lamborghini Kit Cars

Fiero85Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero85GuySend a Private Message to Fiero85GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone! i have seen it has been a while since everyone posted but i thought i might start it up again! So i own a 1985 silver gt. I see many of you around and try to catch up, meet anything but each time with little luck... So lets start talking and see what happens!

-Alex-
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spotting this 88 GT at Ropat's Electric on NF Blvd yesterday. This has a 4.9 in it. I met the owner last year next to where I work and chatted with him awhile.
I loved the throaty rumble I heard when he drove away.
Larry

My father has talked with a guy who has a 4.9L Fiero a few times. I bet this is his car. If it is, it's a Fiero Factory swap.

I hope there isn't anything too seriously wrong that it is at the shop!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero85Guy:

Hey everyone! i have seen it has been a while since everyone posted but i thought i might start it up again! So i own a 1985 silver gt. I see many of you around and try to catch up, meet anything but each time with little luck... So lets start talking and see what happens!

-Alex-

Hi Alex, Welcome to the forum. Here was our last gathering in our area: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090907-1-071031.html
We don't gather often. And now that the snow is approaching it will be more difficult. Some of us park our Fiero's in the garage and put a blanky over them
for the winter.
Larry
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My father has talked with a guy who has a 4.9L Fiero a few times. I bet this is his car. If it is, it's a Fiero Factory swap.

I hope there isn't anything too seriously wrong that it is at the shop!

I'm pretty sure he is a friend or relative of NYRED85GT who we don't hear from very much anymore. The thread he started on removing the rusted parts of his Fiero was very interesting. (and I got tired just looking at the thread because of all the work he was doing).
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While sitting in my car at work today a guy stopped by and asked if he could take measurements of the wing and placement. He said he purchased a fiero in pieces. Said he was struggling to find the specs on where too mount it. Nice guy, I gave him this website and told him to swing by sometime. Also I will be rocking the car all winter long. I may need to drop some cash on some snow tires though. We will see.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Red GT in Sheridan Park. Anybody here? If so I live like 4 streets from you. lol
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So any local get togethers this part of the year? Or does everyone store their ride for the winter?
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darksyde:

So any local get togethers this part of the year? Or does everyone store their ride for the winter?

We don't really have any regular get togethers. However, if you want to try and get something up, just give a time and place and see if anyone else would be able to show.

I do technically store my Fiero for the winter, so it's not going to be out much once the snow fly's. However, I also drive it to the bitter end, and will get it back out over the course of the winter if we get a warm spell and streets are either salt free from rain, or dry, just to stretch it's legs a little and get the fluids circulating. In fact, I had it out for a spin this morning before the rains, and holiday family obligations arrived.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This could be one of our members selling this but it really looks like a good deal for someone needing 14" tires and rims in our area.
Larry

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/1497619622.html

------------------

Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer.
Oh I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention
but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-- Dave Barry

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 12-08-2009).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everyone has posted alot of cars from northern new york state, has annyone heard of jim murphy pontiac, inc of depew, n.y. i am the 4th owner of the car, it's now on vacation in the sunshine state. i lived in n.j and owned a 1986 gt, sold it in 1990. i traded the car in for a truck, the person who purchased the car called me and thanked me for taking such good care of the car. you have to love fiero owners.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:
has annyone heard of jim murphy pontiac, inc of depew, n.y.

Yup...drive by every day on my way to work.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

everyone has posted alot of cars from northern new york state, has annyone heard of jim murphy pontiac, inc of depew, n.y. i am the 4th owner of the car, it's now on vacation in the sunshine state. i lived in n.j and owned a 1986 gt, sold it in 1990. i traded the car in for a truck, the person who purchased the car called me and thanked me for taking such good care of the car. you have to love fiero owners.

Hi! What about Jim Murphy Pontiac? I live around the corner from them, although I cannot say I am fond of their service department.

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my current daily drive,a 2004 Olds Alero, from them.
Larry
PFF
System Bot
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! there are a lot of Fiero owners in WNY. I just got my Fiero to the mechanic last night after trading my old grand am to it. It drove well on the thruway from Cheektowaga to the city of Tonawanda. Hopefully, it just needs an oil change, tune up, replace sensors, and other common maintenance. I can't wait to really start enjoying the madness!

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, this is cool. the original owners[pontiac papers folder], was under the pasenger seat like it was in limbo for 23 years.i donot think this car will ever make it back home to the northern n.y., it is now in my garage in jacksonville florida.i am going to meet the jacksonville fiero club soon at a car show, the week before daytona. the question is does anyone know kathy a. franklin, this young lady's name is on the envelope. does anyone know her, hay you never know. when my back felt better i had driven my motorcycle from jacksonville, fl. to niagra falls about 10 yrs. ago. verry nice in your neck of the woods, but just a bit to cold for me. i will post pictures one day of the car, thanks for replying to my question. i do love this place.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow, this is cool. the original owners[pontiac papers folder], was under the pasenger seat like it was in limbo for 23 years.i donot think this car will ever make it back home to the northern n.y., it is now in my garage in jacksonville florida.i am going to meet the jacksonville fiero club soon at a car show, the week before daytona. the question is does anyone know kathy a. franklin, this young lady's name is on the envelope. does anyone know her, hay you never know. when my back felt better i had driven my motorcycle from jacksonville, fl. to niagra falls about 10 yrs. ago. verry nice in your neck of the woods, but just a bit to cold for me. i will post pictures one day of the car, thanks for replying to my question. i do love this place.

You have one lucky Fiero there. Mine is sitting in the garage shivering under it's blanket. Come on spring.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even your's is lucky compared to mine Larry. Mine is in pieces in the garage, engine half torn apart, with either a bad valvetrain or cylinder (final determination to be made after a leak down test which might happen today).
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some images of my very own Fiero

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even your's is lucky compared to mine Larry. Mine is in pieces in the garage, engine half torn apart, with either a bad valvetrain or cylinder (final determination to be made after a leak down test which might happen today).

...and yours is even better off than mine. Half of my car is in my basement.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have one lucky Fiero there. Mine is sitting in the garage shivering under it's blanket. Come on spring.

Yours & mine both Larry!!

(although I did uncover it and fire it up yesterday... that sunshine & blue sky had me a bit itchy)

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 03-04-2010).]

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FirstDrCar:

Here are some images of my very own Fiero

[

She looks nice and clean. Is it black?

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larryh86GT

1757 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by Richjk21:

Yours & mine both Larry!!

(although I did uncover it and fire it up yesterday... that sunshine & blue sky had me a bit itchy)

I took this picture this morning of a daffodil getting ready to bloom at a neighbor's house. Spring really is coming.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock