Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14674 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
NYRED85GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lately I have been seeing a lot of Fieros near me. Of the way home Saturaday I saw another on the 290 heading South. If you are the owner of one of these cars and want the pics removed let me know.

K-Mart parking lot on the Niagara Falls Blvd.

Corner of Brighton Street and the Niagara Falls Blvd.

Lowes parking lot on the Niagara Falls Blvd.
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Route 16 in Franklinville

Official May 28, 1978 Pace Car- Is it real?

Niagara Falls Blvd. between Erie and Nash Road. I passed it and took some pics. I came back 2 days later for a closer look and it was gone. Any ideas?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BekaintaFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
those are some nice (and intereting) looking Fieros. theres a nice looking burgendy GT on Transit road across from the Regal thats allways there. also i parked next to a REALLY nice GT at work (the VA Hospital). and (hopefully) soon you'll seeing my Fiero zoomin around WNY!
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hah i kinda have that paranoid thread killer feeling going on now....
NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What color and year is your car? I will keep an eye out for you, so if you see some crazy guy beeping at you its me.

Mike
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hers is a black notchie ... but it's still being held against it's will in P'Burgh
Stript96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stript96Send a Private Message to Stript96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That yellow one used to be in the rochester area.. I looked at it about 9 years ago.. All I can say is monstrosity...

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NYRED85GT:
Official May 28, 1978 Pace Car- Is it real?

Depends on your definition of real. It is most likely as real as a typical Indy Fiero. If by "real" you mean the actual car used in the race....it is highly unlikely.
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

Hers is a black notchie ... but it's still being held against it's will in P'Burgh

hehehee yea i got an 84 bumper pad notchie. which i will acutaly be getting back soooooon! yaaaaaay!
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That last yellow car is a Bradley Gt, a Volkswagen based kit car.
recluse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for recluseSend a Private Message to recluseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im always around these areas and have not seen any of these cars. But I do spot alot of Fieros around WNY.
If that burgundy GT on Transit is parked at Scruggs Automotive it belongs to the garage owners friend. I saw it at the world of wheels show in the winter. It has an LS1 in it. Built at that shop. I did not meet the owner of the car but the owner of the garage helped him build it. I just got my Fiero inspected at his shop and they are Fiero friendly. Keep an eye open for my 87 all burgundy GT with 5 spoke rims cruising around on weekends.

[This message has been edited by recluse (edited 08-15-2007).]

NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spotted a bumper pad red 84' at Maple and Transit tonight (15th). I only could get a picture using my side mirror.
PFF
System Bot
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by recluse:
...burgundy GT on Transit is parked at Scruggs Automotive it belongs to the garage owners friend. I saw it at the world of wheels show in the winter. It has an LS1 in it. ...

Its actually a LS6 Ive met the owner in the past

These are my cars in case any of you have seen it...

[This message has been edited by 85_Fiero_2M4 (edited 09-22-2007).]

BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i saw a really nice red GT a few days ago with the silver paint around the bottom. it was an older man driving with grey hair and a grey short beard-like-thing. he was going up Sheridan(away from transit) around 3 then back down Sheridan around 4. the car was sooo nice! it was spotless! i didnt get any pics because i didnt have a camera with me.... and he went by too fast
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm ... that may very well have been my brother
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You didn't nab any pics of my Fiero. Generally the most visible place I leave it parkes is Isle View or Niawanda park as I rollerblade nearly every day over there in the summer. I work downtown, but park in a garage so my car is not really visible down there (unless you are walking thru the federal building garage).

A pic in case anyone spots me. 88 Formula, red, currently have 17 inch rims. May switch to a set of mint gold crosslace rims fairly soon.

This is a pic with the black cross lace rims... not currently whats on the car.

If you see me, say hi!

Here it is... with the rims I am currently running (although it is not nearly as nice of a pic)

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 09-22-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car came from Lewiston....

NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2007 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some more pics:

Going across the South (and driving South) Grand Island bridge two months ago. It is the same car that was parked at Lowes that I have posted above.

And this is only a few streets from me today! I slammed on the brakes and was like WTF?! From the street it looks like a VERY nice and shinny purple paint job with silver metalic tinted windows.

Mike
recluse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for recluseSend a Private Message to recluseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a red wingless GT yesterday at Pep Boys on Niagara Falls Blvd.

Heres my 87 GT

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
damn i didnt know there was that many fieros/members here in buffalo
85_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that purple one has been in the auto trader for years.

------------------
85 2m4 Sport Coupe
88 Coupe with CJB T-Tops
88 Coupe
84 Indy Pace Car
86 GT
Western New York Fiero
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/wnyfiero/

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85_Fiero_2M4:

I think that purple one has been in the auto trader for years.

Good call, I remember seeing it on there too. It's not anymore. Think it sold?

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 10-29-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RadRuss:

damn i didnt know there was that many fieros/members here in buffalo

Plenty of us. We're just not very organized. There is a guy not too far from me who has a blue GT who, I believe, makes stainless steel stuff for the Fiero. I've only talked to him in passing however, and don't know too much about him. There is also an individual locally who owns a fleet of silver Fieros. Differernt years, different models. He usually has a few at the local car shows.

I dunno if it is anyone on here, but my father also knows an individual with a red GT that has a caddy 4.9L conversion done to it (by Ed Parks).
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

Plenty of us. We're just not very organized. There is a guy not too far from me who has a blue GT who, I believe, makes stainless steel stuff for the Fiero. I've only talked to him in passing however, and don't know too much about him. There is also an individual locally who owns a fleet of silver Fieros. Differernt years, different models. He usually has a few at the local car shows.

I know both of those guys. The guy with the Blue GT lives near Mckinley High School, and the guy with the Silver Fieros (One of which is an 88-Formula with like 1800 miles!) lives near Filmore and Clinton. I used to buy an occaisional part or two off of him and I sold him my 87GT back when I was living in Buffalo

My Fiero is in Buffalo right now, stored in my parents garage until the spring. You might see it around every now and then when I'm back visiting.

------------------
'88 GT- 257rwhp 319rwft/lbs 12.95@106.1mph

NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a white bumper pad notchie today at Lowes on Niagara Falls Blvd. at 5:15pm. Anyone here?
85_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't mine, both of mine are in storage now

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Re: NYRED85GT:
And this is only a few streets from me today! I slammed on the brakes and was like WTF?! From the street it looks like a VERY nice and shinny purple paint job with silver metalic tinted windows.

The "purple" fiero you took the photo of is mine. You were lucky to get a picture of it. Have since learned it needs to be in the garage. Stays a lot cleaner that way. And it gives my wife a chance to use her remote starter on her car after I stole her garage space.

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 05-05-2014).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was surprised over the weekend to have seen two Fiero's. They are a rare site this time of year! A black bumper-pad notchie on Transit, heading south right before it curves onto Southwestern. It was sort of out by the road at somebody's house. I was curious if it might have been for sale, although due to traffic I couldn't slow or take a really long look. I also saw a red 2M6 parked somewhere... and now I cannot remember where it was. Had a custom font Fiero name on the back decklid.
bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fformula88, good to know that a few forum members are close by!
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Southtowns represent!
bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another forum member in the area! This is great! I will definitely be bugging you guys with questions from time to time.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bomaze:

Fformula88, good to know that a few forum members are close by!

A good number actually. A good place for locals is on the WNY Fiero yahoo groups site. I think you are already on there... but anyone else who isn't might want to join too. (Although this time of year it is not very active)
PFF
System Bot
85_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

A good number actually. A good place for locals is on the WNY Fiero yahoo groups site. I think you are already on there... but anyone else who isn't might want to join too. (Although this time of year it is not very active)

Heres the link to WNY Fiero.....I wanted to kinds get rid of the yahoo groups since the forum format is sooo much easier to use

http://wnyfiero.proboards55.com/

We should have some kind of get together once the weather gets better.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85_Fiero_2M4:

Heres the link to WNY Fiero.....I wanted to kinds get rid of the yahoo groups since the forum format is sooo much easier to use

http://wnyfiero.proboards55.com/

We should have some kind of get together once the weather gets better.

The forum format is fine, except so far nobody is really using it. Until everyone transitions to it (if they transition) then there is still a place for the yahoo email group.
NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who was at the SPCA in Tonawanda around the 15th on Ensminger Road? Silver fast back that looked great. I took a pic with my phone, but have no way to transfer it to here. And there is a silver notchie parked in front of a house on Ensminger about an 1/8th mile from the SPCA. Either the tires were flat (couldnt tell with the snow) or it is lowered. I have seen about 9 different Fieros in the past 6 months!
NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2008 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another sighting at my work- on Sat. White bumper pad in the parking lot at Lowes. Parked up front. Spotted it when I left for dinner at 6:30 and driver left the lot (was just turning onto the BLVD.) at 7:30 when I came back. Anyone here?
NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Briefly meet the owner of a red notchback at advanced auto on niagara street (by the river) on the 25th. Then on the 26th I briefly saw another red notchie driving down Main street when I was letting the dog in. Last night I saw another red notchie (possibly same as the 26th) at work (Lowes on niagara falls blvd.) going through the parking lot with a blub blub blub exhaust. I ALSO saw a maroon one at repair shop on river road just past the river road/main street intersection on the 24th or 25th. cannot remember. they are all over the place!
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been around a lot already with mine... an update from the pic I have above however. I am now running on gold cross lace rims. Still not sure how I feel about them. In the correct lighting they look good, but in other conditions I think I would prefer the black. However, these are mint, and my original black ones would be in dire need of refinishing. Glad to be off the 17's. I liked the handling capabilities going up with them, but after I had them I thought they always seemed to be a bit big.
SCCAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

That last yellow car is a Bradley Gt, a Volkswagen based kit car.

Very close. That one was actually a Bradley Gt II from the early 80s. The first Bradley GT came out around 1975 and was more of a dune buggy type body on a VW chassis. My father built one of the original GTs around 76.

FieAirRo87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieAirRo87Send a Private Message to FieAirRo87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

heres mine

ive seen alot driving around north tonawanda
any of you guys?

[This message has been edited by FieAirRo87 (edited 05-03-2008).]

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieAirRo87:

heres mine

ive seen alot driving around north tonawanda
any of you guys?

It would be nice if our fiero's from the WNY area could have some kind of informal gathering some weekend. I'm sure they would like to meet each other. Any idea's folks?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock