Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14674 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm in just name a date and time.
IP: Logged
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, but I better not be the only one showing up. (AGAIN)

Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

Ok, but I better not be the only one showing up. (AGAIN)

In my defense, I was not living back here yet the last time Larry. I promose not to leave you hangin this time.

Rich

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 05-30-2010).]

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought on a location - What about Niawanda Park on River Rd in the City of Tonawanda between Mississippi Muds and the police station? I drove by there this morning and it's a pretty spot. Bring lawn chairs.

Larry
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delayted reply. I was out of town this week.

Niawanda is a good possibility if it works for folks. It would work for me, but anywhere would. If on the weekend, late morning to early afternoon would be the best time. By later in the day, those lots really fill up!

A specific day and time is all that is needed. Since I can generally work anything in with some advance warning, I am open to suggestions.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Niawanda is perfect. It's like 2 min from my house. lol But as stated if it is a nice day it fills up super fast. Another location would be Gratwick which is about 5 min up the road. They are usually empty due to not having a walking path.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gratwick would be a good alternative close to Niawanda if people wanted a later in the day time.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
spotted a red t-top formula with gold laces driving through bounce magic's parking lot today. The fam and I just got out of the 300 to go play.
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be in Buffalo on 4th of July weekend. Saturday July 3rd would work perfect for me!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That date would work for me also.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
7/3 may work for me too, but am not positive yet as I may have some out of town family in town for the holiday too. What time were you thinking of?

Originally posted by Darksyde:

spotted a red t-top formula with gold laces driving through bounce magic's parking lot today. The fam and I just got out of the 300 to go play.

Likely me.

I am not sure who else would have a red 88 Formula, with gold lace wheels around here.

That said... where is bounce magic? I googled, see it is over around Sheridan and the Blvd (and I was over that way yesterday). However, I never heard of bounce magic.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 06-06-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not partial as to what time on Saturday. Anytime after 10 AM is good for me. I will be headed that way Sat morning. Any of you guys going to Carlisle?

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 06-06-2010).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, then sometime late morning/early afternoon might be good.

I'm not going to Carlisle. I wouldn't trust my new Formula for a longer trip yet. I have only put on about 150 miles since I picked it up a month ago so I am not familiar with it's quirks yet, and it has a lot of original stuff (most of the ignition system, aside from wires/plugs, looks original!). So I have a lot of little things going on to get it into tip top shape. In the big picture the car is terrific, but I am not about to trust a 20+ year old coil/ignition module and distributor to distance driving. It's all on the list!
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

That said... where is bounce magic? I googled, see it is over around Sheridan and the Blvd (and I was over that way yesterday). However, I never heard of bounce magic.

Next to Micheals in the blvd mall parking lot. I believe it used to be Comp USA. You drove right by the front door. lol

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, ok. I guess I just have never noticed what was in there these days. I was either heading to, or from the Sears there. I was looking for a hog ring plier. Nobody has one locally.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

I was looking for a hog ring plier. Nobody has one locally.

Home Depot has them
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is along the I-90 on the Target side across from the Galleria Mall yesterday. I guess they didn't think it would rain as much as it did.

Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol i just drove past there. The water is gone, however a dummy in highway truck tried to drive out there. lol yea he is stuck to his frame rails. I laughed.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

I will be in Buffalo on 4th of July weekend. Saturday July 3rd would work perfect for me!

I would have to opt out of that date - We are on vacation from the 2nd through the 10th of July.

Rich
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be a challenge.

We have one who is really around only the weekend of the 4th. Another who cannot make it the weekend of the 4th.

What to do...

2 meets?

Seriously. I wouldn't want to exclude anyone purposely. If we have a few folks who want to get together on the 3rd, then we can gear up for that. If those who cannot want to try another time, maybe we can set a second date at another time. Sooner, or later than that date.

I generally am along the niagara river a lot anyway thru there. I love to roller-blade along the river and go a few times a week, even though it is a bit of a drive. Elsewhere would be ok too.

So what does everyone want to do? I do not want to make any unilateral decisions on dates and times. We have a possible 7/3 time, maybe morning, 10-12 or so. Do we have significant takers for it? Or is it going to be a Larry + nobody meet again?

Other possibilities?
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm good for almost anything on the weekends. Just post up a definitive time and date. I'll show up.
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This isn't easy to do is it? I'll toss in my 2 cents: How about we set another date say Saturday July 17th or July 24th? There would be time for locals to plan for it. I would like to meet katore8105 but Rich is part of our WNY group also and I think he should be included.
Believe me, knowing us, we are not going to do this often. But if you want to stick with July 3rd, ok.

Larry (setting myself up to be the only Fiero to show up again).
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,
I was not trying to derail the meeting on the 3rd at all, just saying I wouldn't be available to make it that date was all. If everybody else can make it then, by all means!! I would still like to get together sometime, but don't re-arrange things around me. As of right now I beleive the 17th or 24th would work for me.

On another vein, would anybody be interested in trying to meet up at one of the local cruise nights? I just did Pautler's again this past tuesday, and it was an enjoyable time. Might be fun to get a few Fiero's together.

Rich

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 06-10-2010).]

katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you guys would rather meet at a later time, I would take no offense. I just wanted to get a chance to meet all the Buff guys as there seems to be a bunch of you. If the 3rd doesn't work, I can always try later some time this summer but if it does for most of you, it would be fun. Just let me know.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spotted this 86GT at Valvoline at Dick Rd and Broadway this morning. It's just a couple miles from where I work. When I have time some morning I'll stop and see who owns it there.

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 06-15-2010).]

Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
headed towards downtown on the 90 I saw a burgandy/ dark red fastback. The paint looked amazing on it.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This isn't easy to do is it? I'll toss in my 2 cents: How about we set another date say Saturday July 17th or July 24th? There would be time for locals to plan for it. I would like to meet katore8105 but Rich is part of our WNY group also and I think he should be included.
Believe me, knowing us, we are not going to do this often. But if you want to stick with July 3rd, ok.

Larry (setting myself up to be the only Fiero to show up again).

Absolutely not easy!

A number of years ago I was working with a couple other guys to get a local club going for another type of car I was into. I learned that you cannot please everyone all of the time (meaning, someone always cannot make it) and that if you don't have someone to take the lead and really take the lead, it's hard to get anywhere. We didn't get too far.

I know a couple people with other cars that have organized car shows on far larger scales, and that is nearly a full time job!

That said, maybe we should vote? See who would want to show up on a couple different dates, then chose based on overall participation.

So far we have...

July 3rd
July 17
July 24

Respond with your top pick, then also a second or a third if you could make more than one and would be willing. If you cannot make one or more, then just give us those that you can. Lets set a time range of of 11-1 for now. That can certainly change too.

I also like the idea of maybe going to a cruise in. That would be fun. If you prefer that as an option, we could look into that too. Also maybe of interest would be just to hit up a local show, like the Niagara car show at the Lockport/Niagara Fair Grounds. My uncle has done this show in the past, and I have gone up to walk around. Gets a good turnout, has an attached swap meet (usually no Fiero stuff). I dunno, just tossing out ideas.
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
July 3rd. I cannot commit to any other date at this time.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's meet on the 3rd and try for another one that Rich can make later this summer?
The Thursday evening car show won't work for me. I work evenings. (But only for 10 more months) Then I'll be retired.
John-you trust our Fieros to go all the way to Lockport and back?
There has to be more western NY locals around.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
July 3rd and 17th work for me. The 24th I will be playing in a lax tourney in Philadelphia.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spotted a black SE today (bumper pad so an 84 or 85) at the Walden Ave Target today.
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000

Let's meet on the 3rd and try for another one that Rich can make later this summer?
The Thursday evening car show won't work for me. I work evenings. (But only for 10 more months) Then I'll be retired.
John-you trust our Fieros to go all the way to Lockport and back?
There has to be more western NY locals around.

Ok, that would work.

Pending retirement sure sounds good, but none of that for me for a LONG time. Congrats!

Oh, and I am feeling confident I could make it to Lockport and back.

I agree, there must be some more locals around too... they must not be checking the forums much.

Another possibility down the road that people might be interested in is the all Pontiac show later this summer. I won't be able to attend this one, but thought I would post it in case others are interested. Here are the details...

All Pontiac/GMC Truck Extravaganza - East Aurora, NY [ Email POCI ]
August 01, 2010
Our All Pontiac/GMC Truck Extravaganza -
"End of an Era ...the Excitement continues....." Participation plaques to the first 50 cars NEW LOCATION AND DATE.....Sunday, August 1st, 2010 East Aurora Buick, Pontiac. GMC, Cadillac. 535 Main Street, East Aurora, NY 14052 Pre-registration is $10 with $12 day of show. Rain or shine. 7 Specialty awards as well as Best of Show Dealer's Choice and Participant's Choice.

Contact for more info: Bob @716-685-9275 or Barb @716-652-4951 or you can email wnypoci@yahoo.com Sponsored by the Western New York Chapter of POCI

This used to be at Jim Murphy's on Walden. When Pontiac got the axe last year, Murphy pulled out of hosting it so there was no show.

This used to get a decent turnout of Fieros. The last year that it was held (2008) there was a thread on PFF leading up to it, and there ended up being a small group from the GTA area who came down for it too.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of right now both the 17th and the 24th are open for me.
Rich
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am at pautler's again this evening if anyone wants to swing by. It's a great evening for a cruise in!

Rich
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might there be WNY'ers on the Forum that didn't check this thread since they didn't spot a Fiero? Just a thought. Maybe post something in general specific to WNY meets.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there might, though most of us know about this thread and use it as the catch all communications thread, and when we spot new guys we tend to steer them here....

Rich
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We WNY'rs don't have a club, just our Western NY sightings + pics thread.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aah, this thread...perfect.

I'm fairly motivated to sell my '86GT Aurora/F40 project. It's pretty much entirely disassembled, but almost everything is there. Lots of extras, including the factory 2.8L with ~70K, a Getrag (and almost all related swap accessories), 3.65 FDR Muncie (I forget the RPO) and a lot of the required F40 swap parts (including a brand new F40). Truly, I'm just trying to gauge interest. If there's anybody local that's even remotely interested, please feel free to PM or e-mail me and we can proceed further. I may start a thread in the mall soon, but I'd much rather sell locally if possible.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We WNY'rs don't have a club, just our Western NY sightings + pics thread.

Hmmm... are we gonna have to start paying dues to post in the thread Larry

RIch

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 06-16-2010).]

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Aah, this thread...perfect.

I'm fairly motivated to sell my '86GT Aurora/F40 project. It's pretty much entirely disassembled, but almost everything is there. Lots of extras, including the factory 2.8L with ~70K, a Getrag (and almost all related swap accessories), 3.65 FDR Muncie (I forget the RPO) and a lot of the required F40 swap parts (including a brand new F40). Truly, I'm just trying to gauge interest. If there's anybody local that's even remotely interested, please feel free to PM or e-mail me and we can proceed further. I may start a thread in the mall soon, but I'd much rather sell locally if possible.

Boy I wish I was motivated enough to take on a project like this but I have 2 sail panels that have been collecting dust in my house for 3 years I haven't found the energy to do.

Originally posted by Richjk21:

Hmmm... are we gonna have to start paying dues to post in the thread Larry

RIch

Hey, it works. We should make NYRED85GT our "club" president for starting the thread.
Larry
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock