Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14674 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how about those pics john?
IP: Logged
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

So how about those pics john?

I posted a link to them a couple posts back.
aoeuidhtns42

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aoeuidhtns42Send a Private Message to aoeuidhtns42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is kinda strange, but I was vacationing on Lake Owasco on the Finger Lakes this summer with my extended family. We rented a house, and our next-door neighbors had at least two or three Fieros, from what I remember. One was a silver notchback (it might have been a formula- I don't know), one was a bog-standard red notchback, and there was another one behind the red one. The red one and its sibling were stored outside, while the silver one was kept inside. Is the owner on the forum? I desperately wanted to go over and say hello, but I didn't have time...
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not know who you were staying next to, but maybe one of the CNY'ers might now.
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

I posted a link to them a couple posts back.

oopse. I missed that! lol
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's everyone doing? Have you noticed how much our winter sucks this year? Too bad our newest WNY member was banned eh?

Larry

------------------

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"

Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey larry...hope the winter is treating you guys well ....hope you guys can make it to the wakins event ...and also hope your wine tastes well !!!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been working on increasing my stock.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

Nice!!!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rich - we sure are not getting our GT's out much this winter. I'll be glad when spring arrives.

Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Rich - we sure are not getting our GT's out much this winter. I'll be glad when spring arrives.

Hey now speak for yourself. lol Although mine has about 12" of snow on it currently I plan to have it dug out and driven this weekend. It's a blast in the snow. lol Just not so much on the thruway in this weather.
PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, but on the plus side I've had the snowmobiles out quite a few times already!!
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DAM YOU.....LOL!!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spotted this 86 at Tops Market on Maple near Niagara Falls Blvd today. I left the owner a note on the windshield inviting him/her to visit us on PFF.

Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wheels on that purple GT are awesome - I'm starstruck. Larry, details for a relative newcomer that knows nearly nothing about wheels ?
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. They were on the car when I bought her. All I did was bling it up a little with pegasus decals on the little hub caps.

Larry
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply and info. I said I love the wheels, but actually, I love the car itself. Purple's my favorite color, love the GT fastbacks, the hubcaps are brilliant, I can see a purple spring behind that wheel, nice way to keep the car looking uniform, and as I said, those wheels... man, those wheels...

I can see that they're 15inch. Let the search begin !
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, good luck.

Larry

------------------

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Around 1030 this morning I was behind a white 2m4 notchie with a sunroof on Niagara Falls Blvd. I was behind him at the signal turning left onto Maple Rd and honked my horn to give the driver a thumbs up but was ignored. He was probably nervous about the Fiero stalker.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Larry, we're getting close!! Put the snowmobiles away for the summer yesterday, and am definitely starting to get that Fiero itch.

Rich
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rich. It's been a long winter. We were over in your neck of the woods (S.L.) last nite and there was quite a bit of wet snow coming down. I'm looking forward to dusting off the GT soon.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Larry!! Guess what I did today??

Here's a hint

Rich
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta keep this thread up top so I dont forget its here. lol My car is still un-reg'd and uninspected. I need some rear tires to pass inspection so I can renew the reg. But I fear I have electrical gremlins creeping up on me. But on the plus side I picked up a dogbone with poly bushings to replace the slop I have now lol
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen a couple Fieros around. None I recognize from the group here. A white bumperpad on Losson at Borden in Cheektowaga a couple weeks ago. Another bumperpad on Dick Road near George Urban.

Also say a GT without a drivetrain at Custom Audio on Transit near Main about a month ago. I am not sure it is still sitting there (have not been that way since).

So far, I have had my Formula out about 3 or 4 times. It is running well, and passed inspection last Friday. Some of you know I have had it listed for sale too, since I recently bought a house and was thinking it would be nice to have the money to invest there. However, interest has been light so far (probably due to asking price being high for a Fiero). If I get no interest, I will keep it since I am not in a pinch where I would need to sell it at any cost.

Anyone have any thoughts on another get together this spring sometime? It would give Josh some incentive to get a pair of tires!

Rich, has your brother been working on the Formula? If so, how has that project been going for him? (I really miss that car, my t-top, although nearly identical, just isn't the same... I would have replaced the engine and kept it had I to do all over again).
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also say a GT without a drivetrain at Custom Audio on Transit near Main about a month ago. I am not sure it is still sitting there (have not been that way since).

I know a guy there and have already inquired about it. A former employee's car who had it prepped for a N* swap. No longer works there, the car is just sitting. He's gonna contact me when he hears back from the owner.

It would give Josh some incentive to get a pair of tires!

I need tires so badly. funds are slim and where i have the car stored is going away any day now. So i need tires to get my inspection, so i can renew the reg. lol Gone from bad to worse lately.....

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear things are a little tight at the moment. Also stinks your storage is going away on you!

I have been buying Fusion HRi tires for my Fiero, they are about as cheap as I can find, and since I cannot keep it in rear tires anyway I just assume put on the cheaper ones. Still, I would say they run me about $170 a pair (with mounting and balancing) which is still not cheap.

Good luck! Hope you get some good fortune and can get it back on the road soon!
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm looking at junk used tires to just pass inspect. Then get a good set after the fact. I can mount and dismount by hand so that i'm not worried about. We will see what today brings though......
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much does U-Pull-It charge if you take some tires out of there? They are generally reasonable on that stuff, and you might find a fairly good set from a newer, wrecked car.

I also saw a set of nearly new 215/60R15's on craigslist for $275, with Alero rims. Could resell the rims to recover most of the cost. (Although, I forget if your rims were 15's or 16's).

Wish I still had some, but I let my extra wheels/tires go when I sold the Formula coupe.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originall y posted by Fformula88:

Anyone have any thoughts on another get together this spring sometime? It would give Josh some incentive to get a pair of tires!

I enjoyed having the get together at my house but I think if we do it again we should just gather and hang out at Ellicott Creek park that we went to last year. It was nice to be able to line up our Fiero's in the parking lot I thought. What do you guys think?

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure Larry, a meet-up at the park would certainly work.
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I Anyone have any thoughts on another get together this spring sometime? It would give Josh some incentive to get a pair of tires!

Rich, has your brother been working on the Formula? If so, how has that project been going for him? (I really miss that car, my t-top, although nearly identical, just isn't the same... I would have replaced the engine and kept it had I to do all over again).

My brother got the engine from his GT swapped over into the formula without issue, and is enjoying driving it as much as this crappy weather we've been having allows. He also texted me yesterday to ask If I knew your new formula was listed on CL (which i didn't).

I'm definitely up for another get together, and would be perfectly fine with hanging at the park.

Rich
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

My brother got the engine from his GT swapped over into the formula without issue, and is enjoying driving it as much as this crappy weather we've been having allows. He also texted me yesterday to ask If I knew your new formula was listed on CL (which i didn't).

I'm definitely up for another get together, and would be perfectly fine with hanging at the park.

Rich

I am glad to hear he got the engine swapped over and is enjoying the car! I am happy it is still in use!

I do not think my attempts on CL or here will go far with my Formula. It is probably going to remain in the family.

I am not sure when would be good to plan a get together, but I would certainly be up for hanging out at the park for a while too!
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still gotta get mine reg'd and inspected.....grrrrrr so dont set a date for a cpl wks lol
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can take some time to put it together. Shoot for a weekend in july?
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as its not the 22,23 or 24th. I will be in toronto for my lacrosse tourney.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just about any day works for me. Since I retired every day is a Saturday.
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey fellas, I will be in town 4th of July weekend again this year. Does Saturday or Sunday the 2nd or 3rd sound good to anyone?

Edit to add, I will see if I can get Tom and Jason out again this year.

Also, no more 5 color car for me

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 06-12-2011).]

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the 2nd would work better for me

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3rd would definitley work better for me, but I could probably wrangle the 2nd if that works better with everyone else.

Rich
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

Also, no more 5 color car for me

Did you sell Joseph?
The 2nd or the 3rd works for me. Anyone else interested in joining our small group of Fiero's here in WNY? You are welcome to. The more the merrier.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock