Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 by Songman
Started on: 08-19-2003 01:38 PM
Replies: 526 (40021 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 05-23-2015 05:05 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing new hardware from V8Archie: F430 door/mirror brackets

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-14-2007).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tring out a 20x12 on #011 (1987)...for fun.

No clearance so if I were to use these rims, I'd need a 8" spring and not a 10".

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-25-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got those new mirrors on yet ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#011 Caddie pod break down for #020 to copy; two mounting holes underneath

contoured to original dash

Air cap surround stock air vent area

lt inner mounting point:

Passenger inner door area; suppose to have two hole here, but Trendzs glassed over the area.

Hideous backside, but notice the metal hook point;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-02-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Audi air vents:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Passenger side Audi vent. Although the front stock dash is covered and updated with newer style vents, the area that is normally cracked, hit/beated-up corners is now reduced with more leg room while entering and exiting the Fiero.

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jebus! I can't believe this thread is almost 5 years old. I also can't believe that it's been almost 5 years since I met you (and your car) at the Vegas show. Time flies!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Jebus! I can't believe this thread is almost 5 years old. I also can't believe that it's been almost 5 years since I met you (and your car) at the Vegas show. Time flies!

Yeah, I remember you, Dale, Doc John, and the guy with the Lambo/Fiero. The Vegas show was very nice and good people involved in getting it together and it's Too bad there isn't another one to attend.

Your (use-to-be) convertable in the background.

Old pics from the VegasFest

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-03-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NRG two part locking system:

MOMO

Horn cap removal

MOMO adapter.

NRG locking system (2-parts)

NRG 1&2 system mounted; checking for clearance.

NRG side view; looks pretty long to me, 12 inches, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-18-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Only 10" from base of custom dash (not a good reference point) oh well, hehe.

Only 4" from base; Oh well nothing brag about, hehe.

Two 2' from base of MOMO to Fiero seat ( I need to check if seat was all the way back).

2"

NRG locking pin.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-17-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NRG system Part 1: It's bit close, but I have enough room even w/o removing the wheel, but I'll be removing it (cause that why I bought it, right?).

Now I know it works, I need to rewire the horn and horn cap and I'M DONE.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-18-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm back to work on #011; venting.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I had these two cats meowing at me for some time now. I think it's about time to stroke them, "Hey kiddy, kiddy," hehe.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad to see the " Curly original " getting a little love.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another shameless bump:

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little love for #11 ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
A little love for #11 ?

Nope. No love for #011. I've been busy with the new choptop drive way.

Driving #020 widebody, I'll need to fold my mirrors in order to get in there, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-28-2008).]

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nope. No love for #011. I've been busy with the new choptop drive way.

Driving #020 widebody, I'll need to fold my mirrors in order to get in there, hehe.

hey what is that thing on the right? Just think slimfast when parking

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

Hey what is that thing on the right? Just think slimfast when parking

Hehe. I wanted to use #015 widebody to break-in the new drive way, but I got a little excited and instead I drove the Eclipse. The drive way span is about 108" across so I shouldn't have any issues (I used a 3/4 ton truck for measurements).

As for the build; something so simple as "building a wall and laying concret" is actually a pain when dealing with various peoples. I called everybody listed in the yellow pages for hauling the excess dirt in my drive way for the last 6-weeks and nobody wanted the job; so I called the Cement company and "presto; my dirt disappeared." On Tuesday the fence will be installed and then I'll need to find a good remote controlled electrical fence opener. I can see my weekends at Lowes/Home Depot looking for the right one.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly do you have a shot of the new driveway from the back ? How far back does it go ?

Will you be able to pull the chopper into the driveway on the side and then close the electric fence behind it, thus securing it ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-28-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly do you have a shot of the new driveway from the back ? How far back does it go ?

Will you be able to pull the chopper into the driveway on the side and then close the electric fence behind it, thus securing it ?

No. Thats Part II; $500+ continued driveway project. Right now its enough room for one car, but next month or so, I'll have more concrete laid along side the brick wall. Right now I'm happy to see that the dirt was removed from my driveway. The little hill of dirt was holding #011 hostage.

Apr 29th, 2008; Door is finally up, hehe.

And with a coil-over too!

Doubled locked; At $178 bucks, the fence work was well worth it and professionally done. Now all I need a "Mighty Mule" gate opener.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-09-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Retesting an idea: by 4.9

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

What if you rounded the offending corner? helps a little

Is there enough room for a cut for the F430? The exterior side doesn't give any clue if there's enough for a cut.

The backside; the 3-mounting points.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-11-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
There seems to be enough room (from viewing the backside) to remove that shape angle and maybe follow part way around the single leg and then horizontally.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

As you can see from this pic, I only have enough room for one car and that won't allow for the gate to be closed, so I'll need to add more concrete in the area where you see the dirt.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for newbee.

Originally posted by avatarofhate:

madcurl, the car in your sig,

is that car made from a fiero as well?

Its just a choptop fastback with a few minor mods.

The world of choptops have moved on since then, but I still like the old style non-wide body for some reason, but #011 maybe subject for change, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-23-2008).]

FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Bump for newbee.

Its just a choptop fastback with a few minor mods.

The world of choptops have moved on since then, but I still like the old style non-wide body for some reason, but #011 maybe subject for change, hehe.

"Its just a choptop fastback with a few minor mods."

Oh Curly, you are such a kidder.
So humble and understated.

So, just out of curiosity, how much time did it take you to do those "few minor mods" ??

But seriously Curly, that car is simply stunning. A real credit to your vision, dedication, and persistance.
Stay well. With a little luck I'll see you @ the 25th Anniversary.

~Bob

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

"Its just a choptop fastback with a few minor mods."

Oh Curly, you are such a kidder.
So humble and understated.

So, just out of curiosity, how much time did it take you to do those "few minor mods" ??

But seriously Curly, that car is simply stunning. A real credit to your vision, dedication, and persistance.
Stay well. With a little luck I'll see you @ the 25th Anniversary.

~Bob

Sorry about that, I forgot about this thread...bump.

The time frame (seriously) was from 2000 or 2001 for the the N*, choptop, and interior till 2005 I think.
Price(s) not 100% correct, but close enough at 2000 prices.

1. N* D1S 12-14k. I got all of the extra goodies which included power sterring, after market cruise control, locking differential, duel exhaust, aluminum radiator, Caddy dash pod hook-up. Original miles on N* 17,000 miles.
2. Choptop Archie's #011 $3,800.
3. XSCustom VDC kit $1,500 installed, custom interior $1,500, and PISA rocker molded onto the ground fx.
4. Dakata Digital gauges (main set) $650 plus 5-smaller consol podes $200 or so bucks.
5. MOMO wheel $250 + 50 installed, Viper bezel & boot $150
6. HREs $6k
7. Tires $1.5k (275/30/20 rear and 235/35/19 front).
8. Fiero Stores vents $300 I think.
9. Firebird vents $40
10. Fiero Warehouse 3" wing stands $75 and front spoiler $150 I think.
11. Pisa ZR-1 rockers $320 or so bucks
12. West Coast Fiero center consol; less than $200 I think.
13. Mr. Mike's doors and sun visors $400 or so
13. Paint and custom work $3800.
14. Audi TT 2000 vents $160 bucks or so

Prior to the N* it was 1990 or 91 to 2000 which was Ryans suspension (Held now), Mr Mikes seats (only), MOMO sterring wheel, and HREs.
1. Ryans suspension $4k I think I got the bump steer kit.
2. Borbet 17" $600 a set.
3. Mr Mike's I think $400
4. 1987 Fiero $160 bucks. Yes. I got the car for nearly free! Originally was $11k, but I had disability insurance (injured) and they paid it off.

Edit: I forgot to add the Audi vents.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a chance to spruce-up #011 last week in time for the 4th of July. I started here up and notice many of the various blubs were blown; front turn signal, licence plate, and "PON" on the taillamp. The front turn signal plate uses a #15 hex screw and it was a pain. There's a CHP that is giving the natives a hard time about every little thing so I wanted to address this ASAP. My neighbors were peeking into the garage when I goosed the throttle and I over heard them saying something about, "Lamborghini," but he was corrected by another guy standing next to him, "Nah, it says-PONTIAC." Gotta love the stock Pontiac tailamps on fastbacks; it keeps it real.

Oh yeah, bump.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-25-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is good news,....

When will she be hitting the streets again ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-26-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is good news,....

When will she be hitting the streets again ?

Next Tuesday I hope w/renewed license tages from DMV. Its great having a exempt Fiero . I'll try and take a few pics in and near the wind mills. This should be the last pics prior to #011 recieving a make-over. I've been taking to a Black Chrome shop to re-tweak the color of the rims. The shop is sending out a sample this week and later have HRE disassemble the rims and add a couple of inches to the outer lip.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a chance to take #011 out on a roll last night and boy if felt great! The kids in the neighborhood were playing in the streets as I passed bye them. Yeah, I got the usual stops with a few ooh ahhs. No time to talk, I gotta roll. Aired up the Dubs to 40 psi, got $5.00 worth of gas (tank was nearing empty) and got back on the road. I actually forgot about #020 and was enjoying he moment w/o a widebody. The 275' in the rear felt great and no worries about messing up the plastic nose. Today was a good day.

Its back in the garage now. I'll take it for a stroll on Thursday.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-03-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It lives !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It lives !

Yeah it does. I took #011 out for the 4th in Mojave to view the windmills 4-5 miles from Tehachapi, CA.

I had to keep my speed @55mph. CHPs are known to roam the back roads and sure enough as I was parked along side the road and CHP officer stop and chatted about #011. Sorry I didn't take any pics of the officer. He was nice guy and was trying enjoy his day at work. We talked for about 20 minutes, but was causing some issues with traffic. People started to rubber-neck; first viewing the CHP car, then #011, and then us. No doubt most speed up and down this road.

The officer thought #011 was a Lotus when I first came down the hill. Hmm, I don't know why. He was somewhat puzzled about it being a custom kit-kar by DMV.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-05-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I stopped off at the old cement company in Monolith, CA. My uncle used to work there back in the 40's or the 50s. The mountain to which cement and other products are made from is nearly blown away. You can here the explosions daily in Tehachapi, CA.

Moon Struck.

Local fireworks @21:00HR at the Air port in town, so I decided to stop by my relatives home to view them from 3-blocks away.

I manage to get #011 in the picture, hehe.

#011 back home with it's younger fat brother #015.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-05-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Its chrome time! Out with the old and in with the new.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I initially was going to briefly install the chrome cat covers, but I got side track on the suspension (I'll get to that on Sunday). Anyway, what started off as a maybe less than 1- hr ended up being a 3-hr job. As usual the holes didn't line-up, re-drill, re-test, re-drill. Plus the little hex bolts used were a pain, but I didn't want a hack-job Home Depo flat head bolt nor the Phillips head. I ended up having to fish-out the license plate lights from behind the bumper. They've been there since it was painted back in 2002 or so. I never got a ticket, but last night a cop was behind me.

Do to the 26.6 diameter tires lifting the rear up in the air, the cats where showing. Now I have a little "bling" in the back.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-06-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the 19's up front provide enough clearance.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting back to basics and on the road again.

olaf_fiero27

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olaf_fiero27Send a Private Message to olaf_fiero27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl, if you don't mind me asking could I know what the paint code is for the beautfiul silver on your ride. these pictures make me droool
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olaf_fiero27:

Madcurl, if you don't mind me asking could I know what the paint code

I'll have to get the original code #s from home, but its a BMW 2001 silver. Nothing really special about it, but IMO its a bit better looking than the original Fiero silver.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-12-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock