Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 by Songman
Started on: 08-19-2003 01:38 PM
Replies: 526 (39975 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 05-23-2015 05:05 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
It's alive (still) !! Hehehehe
Curly fired the ole boy up recently for the first time in months.

Yep, and I have picks. I was chitchat’s with the Exoticse & D1S last Thursday while I was washing off #011. I've started it up but I hadn't drove #011 in nearly a year, so I hooked up the battery and the N* started to purr. It was getting close to dusk and the Dakota's lit-up. The Borbets were on the "low" side so I drove to the local gas station for air and as you've perhaps guessed what happened.

Several stares right off the bat as my car was parked at an angle, which allowed for those who were gas’s up to take notice. I had to walk inside because the station charges for air. Before I could get three steps inside the store, a young guy asked, "What type of car is that"? The rest of the people inside the store now glanced over to see. As I went back to the chop top, a guy in a Corvette slows down to view it but keep on going. A lady and a guy in a big tall truck pulled in off the road and drove into the station. I though at first they were getting some gas but, they didn't. They pulled up with the headlights on (the truck was so tall I though the lights were desert lamps) and she stuck her head out. "Excuses me but, what type of car is that"?

Another young guy (22yrs old) asked the same thing but using "hand movements". I forgot the exact meaning of what he was tying to convey (I'm old and not hip, he he) but, he wanted to know if it had been stretched? I told him, "no, but it has been lowered, hehe." "Is that a new car.”? "No, I but it's perhaps older than you"? He said he was 22yrs old which made him 2 or 3 at the time of production. After creeping over the reconstruction road, I needed to make a left turn at the stop sign. A sheriff was approaching and I wanted him to go first----he didn't. I had my tags and registration but I had the plates sitting in the back window. Nothing happened but he/she did stare at the chop top for nearly 30 seconds as I slowly crept over the bad bumps and the bid dip in the road.

Why the need to creep? The Borbet's set nearly 2" lower compared to the HRE’s that are on #015. #011 received a few more views as I drove home. Several of the neighbors slowed down and tried to figure out what in heck does this guy have inside his garage. Before I closed the garage, I popped off a few night picks. Sorry for the glare. Picks in at 15:00 hrs

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#11 fires back to life after a long slumber !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some older but never before posted pictures of #11
(pics via Songman)

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New additions for # 11.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-28-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly get any more work done on #11 ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope. I was too lazy and the tempeture was in the 30's...so I just started the car up for few and ran back inside near the fireplace. However, I'd picked up another MOMO shifter (old one is at Archie's) but like I said, "I'm too lazy so I didn't install it, hehe. [Side note]: PE Motoring (car shop) now stocks the same MOMO shifters. Apparently when my MOMO arrived, several people wanted it so, Jay now keeps one in-stock 24/7.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2006 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I finally got around to mounting (1) of the 235/35/19 on a 19x8.
While I was at it, I decided to check the weights. The total weight was 49.5 ILbs. Seriously, I wish HRE (back in the day) drilled out the dead spot lug nut holes. Drilling out the dead lug holes is performed on every rim being produced now.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-09-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2006 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I finally got around to mounting (1) of the 235/35/19 on a 19x8.
While I was at it, I decided to check the weights. The total weight was 49.5 ILbs. Seriously, I wish HRE (back in the day) drilled out the dead spot lug nut holes. Drilling out the dead lug holes is performed on every rim being produced now.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geezs, after nearly 2 yrs the last of the 235 is finally mounted but, I didn't have enough time to mount them on #011. It took me 2hrs to polish-up the HRE so that shop wouldn't have any excusses if they should mess-up my rim. Of course, nothing was damage during this process.

The cost? $10 bucks/mounting/balance using the Euro mounting unit. I got a couple of lug nuts too since they allow for lug-key to be away from the lug openings to prevent scratching. Speaking of which, I had some old scratches from 2-3 yrs ago which need deep buffing. AC Plating in BAK gave me a quote for $50 bucks. I decided to hold off since I needed to go shopping.

A customer noticed the HRE and wonder what size and what type of car was it for? I guess he thought the rim was for the GST? After I told him, he just had a strange look on his face...hmm? Anyway, I'll need to raise #011's front end for the 235's. Right now it's sitting pretty close to the ground.

Oh yeah...bump!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even Madcurl's scale is chromed!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this is thread isn't dead...
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too, this is good stuff! I like stories!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok guys i am tired of asking,....

Somebody else has to take the lead and bug curly to get us some new pics of #11.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love this car!

BTW: We want more Pics Please!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#11 back on the road again, aftera year long slumber and showing off some new touches !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#11 back on the road again, after a year long slumber and showing off some new touches !

Thanks Tony for posting pics. I finally got a chance to mount the 235/35/19's up front (you can see the blue tage, hehe). Before I mounted the 19's I polished-up the 13" Ryan rotors. I couldn't find my adjustment tool to raise the darn front end since the 225/35/19 are a little bit smaller in diameter vs. the 235's. The chrome rear sway bar is next on the list for polishing. I also need to mount the duel chrome cats for some "bling" in the back.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

According to the madman,...

There should be some more new pics of #11 coming soon.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

According to the madman,...

There should be some more new pics of #11 coming soon.

I'm heading back to Sube' Sports in Huntington Beach next week for trial fitments using the Cobra seats. Due to time, I didn't get the chopper ready for it voyage but, next week I hope too, hehe. I have a few pics of the seats I'm interested in but, I haven't yet down loaded them---too busy at work. However, if the Cobra seats don't fit, I have a few calls to make....starting with Mr. Mike, hehe.

In the meantime, #011 was missing one of it's center caps, so I finally retrived it from the kitchen drawer and buff the heck out of it. The new MOMO shifter is on too and I'm ordering another Viper bezel but in chrome. Oh yeah....bump!

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice set up!.. Did you just finish or have you had?

Where's Supe Sports? Is that like Autobacs on Beach? Do they have parts for us?
I'm out in Fontana now. My Dad used to live by the smoke stacks on Newland.

Where are all the Fiero's in Southern Cali? There sould be a thread. Do you plan to go to Monterey? I'm going to try. I work 6 days a week if I don't request off.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

unboundmo

2242 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Pair of HRE's on Ebay right now. They are the 547, 18" x 8". End time 7 hours for 749.00 and no bids yet.

It's under "Fiero"
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

Pair of HRE's on Ebay right now. They are the 547, 18" x 8". End time 7 hours for 749.00 and no bids yet.

It's under "Fiero"

hehehehe welllllllllllllllll,..........no comment for now.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

It's under "Fiero"

Hmm. They're gone now.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A "Coke" holder:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm. They're gone now.

Hehehe,...i wonder where they went ????
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hehehe,...i wonder where they went ????

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guy who drives the little "Brown Truck" dropped off a package last Friday. Hmm...I'll see, "What, Brown can do for me" on #011 chopper.

Hehe. Somebody is doing some voting on #011, http://hotlists.hotornot.co...1-Pontiac-Fiero.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-08-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2007 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok Curly,

Time for some new pics ! How about some model shots as well !!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok Curly, time for some new pics ! How about some model shots as well !!

I took some new pics, but misplaced the darn slim card and registration tages. All I could do was start the motor up, pull the chopper out of the garage, and return it back inside. Hmm, maybe I'm getting nervous about the choptop reunion or getting old, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-19-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Madcurl testing out his new blacked out 547 rims on choptop #11.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

A few more shots

Non blacked out HREs

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for posting and I'm sorry about my camera phone pics; I've been searching all week for my digital camera. I guess someone picked it up and it now has a new home or I misplaced it; no pics from the CTHC/2.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Newest addition:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for posting pics of the F430. #011 needs to be updated and spruced up a bit. Look forward some changes in the near future, hehe. I recently redone the radio consol into one-piece; thus eliminating those ugly screws.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-03-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Tony for posting pics of the F430. #011 needs to be updated and spruced up a bit. Look forward some changes in the near future, hehe. I recently redone the radio consol into one-piece; thus eliminating those ugly screws.

a comparison pic

The dash redux

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony. As you can see from the pic, the center consol radio dash was a 2-piece. I'll eliminated this and have Trendzs glass the two pieces together. I'll later have the F430s mounted and glass over the opening.

Waiting on ready to weld tri-angular piece from Archie's creative & talented Crew.
Using the Modena 360 example, I plan on using the F430 on #011, but we'll if any new changes may be needed.

Time waits for nobody....things have to change!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-04-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got my Caddy pod back from Trendzs:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Curly is the dash re-installed ?

Is #11 getting any roadtime ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Curly is the dash re-installed ?

Is #11 getting any roadtime ?

I'll try to during Turkey week.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-17-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd tried out the Blackened 20x12 DUBs on #011 just to see if the rims would clear. Hmm. Let me just say, " need 10" coils, hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd tried out the Blackened 20x12 DUBs on #011 just to see if the rims would clear. Hmm. Let me just say, " need 10" coils, hehe.

Not gonna happen on #011, but testing for 87 coil-over clearance and stuff.

Well...never say never.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-25-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock