Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 by Songman
Started on: 08-19-2003 01:38 PM
Replies: 526 (39956 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 05-23-2015 05:05 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to remove the old carpet and equipment out of the way for new black carpet. I think it was time for a change.

Found a old recorded Jame Brown cassette; Get on the Good foot, hehe.

#011 already had Dynamate material so that's good.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-15-2009).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was up late installing black carpet for #011. IMO dark grey or gun metal carpet would've worked, but black is the final choice.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics ?

BTW does the dynamat come in a roll ? how much does it take to do a fiero ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-08-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go. I'll call you Thursday for the details.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-13-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I took #011 out today. It was very hot in Bakersfield, CA and I needed to multi-task, so I stopped by Trendzs for possible paint touch-ups (in the future) and to drop the throttle body from #022 at the chrome shop.

The temps were a little high on the way up the hill (207-222), but I had the air on, oil pressure- 31, fuel pressure- 50, fuel tank- not connected EEE reading, and battery 12.9 (excuse the carpet---- I'm replacing it).

I saw a nice Ferrari 430 on the way back (good thing I had the camera ready, hehe)

The DUBs look like 20s in the rear?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-13-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carpet day; The grey carpet was getting long in the tooth, so--- it had to go.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tweeking it !

Wide and low,..I love it !!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-14-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Tweeking it !

Yeah, I got a few ideas for #011-- wide body that is, but using the 80s style body.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hanging out with Kevin from D1S last week. He said he needed to travel.... on a Ducatti.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No time to play with #011--- so it sits. Bump!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly you have a pm !
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly you have a pm !

Pm answered

Nostalgic diggings resulted in finding my old #011 (original) tail pipes and the after market ones I had prior to the N* swap.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i actually like the ones on the far left amongst the three sets.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yah I like them too! What did those flip up ones come off of?
And real nice ride
Thanks
Joe Crawford
Texas

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-11-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Yah I like them too! What did those flip up ones come off of?
And real nice ride
Thanks
Joe Crawford
Texas

Thanks. I have no idea where the tips came from for it was before my N* back in 1998 or so, but it wasn't a internet purchase. After the engine swap- I had D1S mail the pipes to me along with a few other items that originally came with the 2.8 engine. I remember the engine commiting suicide right after I purchased a Ocelet exhaust from the Fiero Store.

Word to the wise: Stay clear from the Engine Part wherehouse in Bakersfield CA. I paid them $1500 to rebuild my 2.8 (back in the day) and they only rebuilt the stop end and not the entire engine. Less than 2,000 miles later the engine spun a bearing. I was about to take them to small claims court, but D1S came along.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test fitting 20x11 & 19x8.5 HRE rims;

Currently #011 has 20x9.5 which are nearly flush with the upper body lip. Using a ruler I wanted to see how much widening is needed for 20x11.

Nearly flush with body using 20x9.5

Using a straight edge ruler it appears that the 20x9.5 sticks out by 2"- no problem for most stock rims stick out the bottom.

Granted, maybe not as much in front of the rear tires; 2" in front of the rear tire.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-13-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Safety first:

Test fitting 20x12

Time for maintenance work and test fitting Helds/Lee hubs

The "Spring." The spring keeps the Wilwoods brake pads from rubbing against the darn rotor and making noises.

Well, well, well--- it fits.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Test #2 front HRE 19x8.5 on the rear using Held/Lee/Eric hubs.

As expected; if I were to use the fronts on the rear I'll have problems clearing the spring thus a 10" spring would be needed.

Pretty much flush with the body.

Not bad using black center wheels for a change;

At least I know "all is good" using the Corvette hub. I need test the front hub now.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's nice when plans fall into place !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's nice when plans fall into place !

Yeah, but I'm not out of the woods yet. I need to test the fronts.

I went back during my posting so bare with me. I needed to remove the 5x100 hub and test the Corvette hub;

It took me 15-minutes looking for this:

I needed replacement pads for the emergency brake anyway, so what the heck.

Baer rotor seems to fit (although I may purchase Wilwood rotors)

As expected, the 20x11 stick out. Time for the MadArch kit.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to get on the project;

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look what Brown delivered!

Gees, for a moment it felt like I was opening the Ark of the Covenant. Don't look!!!!

Being that only 19 or 20 sets were made- this is indeed is special.

Package tighter than King Tut artifacts from Africa!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-24-2009).]

Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice to see a plan fall int place eh.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#011 Bump for 2010;

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nrew pics sweet !

Can't wait to see the freshen up !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nrew pics sweet !

Can't wait to see the freshen up !

Everything is going according to plan. Great job guys and I can't wait for #011 new tweaks.

Glassed and now bondo to smooth out the rough areas. The part should be completed in a few weeks

Lowered 3" (just enough for a better rear-end flow). The stock bumper looked like somebody had kicked it up the rear.

The goal is simple; don't jump on Ferrari/Lamborghini iconic coattails... make your own freaking parts! Use your brain and come-up with something that's not labeled as "Ferrari." It's a Fiero (for heavens sake), not a Ferrari.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-19-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's what i am talking about !

Nice !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cleaning one one of the rooms and found this old pic from 1991 (back in the day when 15" rims were king, hehe).

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Cleaning one one of the rooms and found this old pic from 1991 (back in the day when 15" rims were king, hehe).

forget #11's shoes, are those converse !?!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any update ? I like the nice addition of the new more modern rear reflectors.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any update ? I like the nice addition of the new more modern rear reflectors.

I need to check with pics (maybe) next week?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-04-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I need to check with pics (maybe) next week?

bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ran across an old roll of film and I had it developed. I found a few old pics of #011 from 1998-99, hehe.

A interior pic. I bought the MOMO sterring wheel. This pic is before I purchased Mr. Mike's leather seats.

Now this pic is very old. My replacement Koni rear shocks and Suspension Technic springs (I think?).

While driving late one night I hit a truck's retread in the road. I was able to make it home to the Bay Area, but the car was very, very loud and the car kept dying on me. The next day I took the Fiero over to a exhaust shop and the dude tried to rip me off. I asked to guy to weld the pipe together, but he was tying to BS me. I ended up with this ugly spliced pipe. I eventually replaced the entire system with a Ocelet exhaust from the Fiero Store.

This pic was after I purchased the Ocelet exhaust system from the Fiero Store, but I had to replace the CAT cause it was plugged-up. I remember the guy complaining about how hard it was to install the exhaust on a Fiero, hehe.

Shortly after this, the 2.8 died on me so, the Ocelet was a complete waste of money since I wanted the 4.6 Northstar. The only items I kept where the tips.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-24-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A spring forward bump!

I need to get those updated rear bumper pics.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#011 Bump for 2010;

I've two questions about that excellent ride:

1. In regard to those aftermarket wing stands, what is their height? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see that spec elsewhere in this thread.

2. On a related note, do those wing stands bring the top of the wing itself up even with the top of the roof, higher than that, or lower than that? Depending upon the angle at which different pictures have been taken, to me it almost looks like it could be any one of those three, but I figured you'd know for sure.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

I've two questions about that excellent ride:

1. In regard to those aftermarket wing stands, what is their height? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see that spec elsewhere in this thread.

2. On a related note, do those wing stands bring the top of the wing itself up even with the top of the roof, higher than that, or lower than that? Depending upon the angle at which different pictures have been taken, to me it almost looks like it could be any one of those three, but I figured you'd know for sure.

The wing stands are your typical 3" from various builders (Jscotts are the slim versions). Mine are from IRM and others are from Sage (FieroWarehouse). As you can see from these pics; the wing isn't higher than the roof line. Only the angles vary here which is decided upon the owner. I hope that answers your questions.

Depending upon the angle of the picture- it appears to be higher than the roof line, but in reality it isn't.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-14-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Curly meant to say 5" wing stands (overall). I believe he molded 3" extensions into the stock 2" stands. Fiero warehouse sells them in the 5" versions.

Also remember in regards to your question, you are talking about chopped fieros, rather than stock ones, when you are comparing the rooflines in the pictures.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-14-2010).]

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think Curly meant to say 5" wing stands (overall). I believe he molded 3" extensions into the stock 2" stands. Fiero warehouse sells them in the 5" versions.

Ahah! That makes more sense, because I thought "No way are those wing stands only 3" tall!" Thanks for clarifying matters, exoticse.

Also remember in regards to your question, you are talking about chopped fieros, rather than stock ones, when you are comparing the rooflines in the pictures.

Yes, I assumed these were all 3" chops, and actually am comparing the height of the top of the wing versus the top of the chopped roof. (I should have stated that explicitly.) With that in mind, it sounds like you and madcurl essentially would agree that despite their different appearances in difference pictures, the highest point of each wing is less than or equal to the highest point of the chopped roof of each car pictured above.

Would that be a fair statement on my part? (I don't want to mislead anyone following this thread.)
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for clearification. I assumed everybody here are Volcans and therefore are mindmelted together, hehe.

As for the roof line and wing; it's all depended upon the angle of the pictures (you know it's higher, but it isn't, was the person a midget blah, blah ,blah). I can take a few pics on Monday using a ruler or something, but IMO the wing is a bit shorter than the roof line. One thing is for sure- please add wing tips if your going to raise the wing.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for a bumper update !
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock