Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 by Songman
Started on: 08-19-2003 01:38 PM
Replies: 526 (39979 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 05-23-2015 05:05 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey curly when was the last time u fired up #11 ??

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Hey curly when was the last time u fired up #11 ??

On Feb 17th. It started up with a roar. Two pipes in the back sound way better than one. The best part was opening the car doors and getting inside. The smell of leather early in the morning can really "make my day." The VDC's were working properly as too was the gauges. I almost had second thoughs on which car to bring to Daytona? I had to walk away to regain my senses, hehehe.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Since #15 is still in Florida, does that mean #11 is gonna get some more legwork ??

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2005 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl do you read your PM's ???????
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2005 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Curly,

How about some new pictures of #11 to just refresh us a bit ??

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pics Culry asked me to post,..I think they are from west fest last year ?

Number 11 livessssss !!! Enjoy

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-28-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some old pics of the modified Pisa side rockers as they were installed and smoothed in.

just another example of how to add flaring and tweek something.

* fixed little red boxes, hehehe *

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-07-2005).]

shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#11 is truly one badass ride. no doubt there. however......i was checking out #15 today during my lunch break and i have to say.....#11's younger brother, #15, will raise the bar a little higher....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I've been doing some R&D on #11. It seems that my measurements will work on a choptop using the 350Z rear window. How? Using the extra materal from "wreck rear-clips" //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047364-2.html I'm able to use needed inches for the deck. I'll need to bend 10-12" prior to the end of the deck lid were it mounts near the lip above the tail lamp.

I'll use a donor deck lid for R&D and not the original #11 decklid. The end result should be similar to that of the Finale rear hatch but using a smaller 350z size window. I checked with Nissan for the lid hatches. I might be able to use the stock deck hatches if modifed? It seems that the left side is better because it is longer in lenght. I might be able to use (2) links with one of them reversed and modified bolting one end to the roof top.

Skin-I'm-In? Just like removing the outer skin for mounting the Webor hood-vents, the skin can be removed to suit the area for the window to "lie-in." Next, is the removal of the inner brace on the stock under belly. This should allow for rear viewing and exposing engine compartment.

Pipe dream? Yes. But #15 is in FL so I have some free time. I sent Exoticse a trial-pic. He might post if he has time. Oh yeah, the new camera pics are better, hehehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-02-2005).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still not sure how the decklid is going to open with the glass back there? Or are you somehow integrating the window and decklid together?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I'm still not sure how the decklid is going to open with the glass back there? Or are you somehow integrating the window and decklid together?

Yep. It will look just like a 350Z rear deck...altogether or like the Finalie's reak deck. However, by using the wrecked rear upper clips you can bring it inn instead of a wide rear window look.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-02-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2005 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Okay, I've been doing some R&D on #11. It seems that my measurements will work on a choptop using the 350Z rear window. How? Using the extra materal from "wreck rear-clips" //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047364-2.html I'm able to use needed inches for the deck. I'll need to bend 10-12" prior to the end of the deck lid were it mounts near the lip above the tail lamp.

I'll use a donor deck lid for R&D and not the original #11 decklid. The end result should be similar to that of the Finale rear hatch but using a smaller 350z size window. I checked with Nissan for the lid hatches. I might be able to use the stock deck hatches if modifed? It seems that the left side is better because it is longer in lenght. I might be able to use (2) links with one of them reversed and modified bolting one end to the roof top.

Skin-I'm-In? Just like removing the outer skin for mounting the Webor hood-vents, the skin can be removed to suit the area for the window to "lie-in." Next, is the removal of the inner brace on the stock under belly. This should allow for rear viewing and exposing engine compartment.

Pipe dream? Yes. But #15 is in FL so I have some free time. I sent Exoticse a trial-pic. He might post if he has time. Oh yeah, the new camera pics are better, hehehe.

Somebody call me ?? Hehehe

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One more sent by madcurl

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2005 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly how is that other non-research work on #11 coming along ??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooooookay turning back the clock for the newbies and for archive sake.

These were pictures that were taken during the lambo door install but were lost when a former PFF left the forum.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
a couple more.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-07-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2005 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay Curly,

TIme to crank that puppy back up,....it has been sleeping too long.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2005 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay Curly,

TIme to crank that puppy back up,....it has been sleeping too long.

Chrome parts are back from the Chrome Shop (engine, suspension ect...).

I'm sending others to a company that sprays the chrome onto the parts like the N* plenum cover.
http://www.sprayonchrome.com/Gallery.html

hehe

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-01-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly did i read correctly in an old thread where you originally purchased this car for $169 ????

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly did i read correctly in an old thread where you originally purchased this car for $169 ????

Correct. Funny that you mentioned it. I nearly bought a 1990 300Z at the time. Anyway, I got the Fiero at a Acura used car lot. Originally $11,000...(in 1991 or 2 something). I purchased a disability insurance. The following month due to an accident...I was in & out of the hospital for nearly 3-5 years. The insurance paid the car off. The extra monies for insurance paid off in the long run.

Old pics from the VegasFest

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-21-2005).]

fiero86_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2005 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero86_gtSend a Private Message to fiero86_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is the sweetest fiero I have ever seen. I so want mine to look like that

[This message has been edited by fiero86_gt (edited 12-17-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! Love seeing the updates. Tell me a little more about your interior door panels.
Thanks!

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlueGT:

Very nice! Love seeing the updates. Tell me a little more about your interior door panels.
Thanks!

Door panels, seats, and sunvisors are from Mr. Mike's in FL. He having a sale right now.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for the newbies, and for the car that re-ignited my addiction !

Curly, what is the latest ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for the newbies, and for the car that re-ignited my addiction !

Curly, what is the latest ?

I installed the battery and was going over some of the items and wiring I'm going to copy for #15. I'm going to have Trends redue the center radio bezel. I want it as one-piece. It snowed in TEH so I wasn't to happy about working in the garage. I went down the hill to BAK to install the beefie flares. It's a little bit warmer in Bakersfield.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-21-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Curly isn't it about time for some new pics of #11 ??

Photo or better yet video shoot anyone ???

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Curly isn't it about time for some new pics of #11 ??

Photo or better yet video shoot anyone ???

Dale made a video but I think he was having some issues posting it on the forum or something? Anyway, I got to unwraped #011 last week and sat inside. I love the smell of leather in the morning. I didn't have time to drive it cause I needed to get #015's stereo fixed.

I'll hopefully will take some new pics but w/o the doors up. Those internet thieves like to take credit for producing the VDC's use their various web sites.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-09-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man,..i wonder how many people this car has inspired ?

Maybe if curly added up all the PM (s) he has recieved over the years about it we would have an idea ?? hehehe

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2006 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a few more pics that were originally hosted to this thread, but got deleted when the forum member left.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-26-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for the newbies !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some old school pictures from madcurl on the way.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok here ya go !

Back in the day checking for clearance for those massive HREs.

Swapping out the Borbets for HREs,..not a bad trade !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-09-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Prechop and the silver choptop coming together.

decklid vents and wingstands being added

After the chop madcurl on a trip in the desert to D1S.

early dash mockup.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Pondering the madness.

How much did i spend !!?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This has got to be one of the most interesting and/or different "car" shots that I've ever seen!

And it's a beautiful Fiero as well...

[EDIT] Okay, I couldn't leave well enough alone. I altered the picture just a bit.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-10-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
" Revenge of the Silver Chop Top "

Coming soon.......

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-23-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm....3" wide bump steer kit?

http://www.heldmotorsports.com/Fiero/KitCarSuspension.htm

Scratch the extended rear bump kit....I had a nice talk with HRE, hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Currently #011 is offically on the "back burner." I have other items "cooking" right now. "Bump."
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's alive (still) !! Hehehehe

Curly fired the ole boy up recently for the first time in months.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock