Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
MADCURL: CHOPTOP #011 by Songman
Started on: 08-19-2003 01:38 PM
Replies: 526 (39979 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 05-23-2015 05:05 PM
Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those pics make me SOOOO miss the GBCT. What a kick ass looking chop top you have there!

------------------

IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly you are killing me!
I asked for pics of the engine, then you say you will post pics of the Power Rack but I dont see them. LOL

Deezlfitr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeezlfitrSend a Private Message to DeezlfitrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Songman:

Looks like we may have to have another Bakersfield get-together so people can come see Curley's car!

Anybody wanna?

Count me in too! Keep me posted!

------------------
Deezlfitr
"Life is just a bowl of cherries... ya just gotta watch out for the pits!"

1986 GT/Auto (my first)

Jan 7th, 2004
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2004 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some more pics

Njoy!

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2004 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly what car is that rack from looks great and did you have to make custom hoses from the back?.

------------------
Tuners of the Quickest 4.9
12.51@118 mph

4.5 (RSR)Hi Perf. Caddi-V8
In place and running.

Jan 9th, 2004
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That rack looks like an xr4ti power rack
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2004 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this how to and I am going to give it a try.
http://diablo.kitcarmagazine.com/Current%5FProgress/Exterior/PowerSteering.asp

------------------
12.51@118 mph

4.5 (RSR)Hi Perf. Caddi-V8
In place and running.

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 01-09-2004).]

Jan 10th, 2004
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm......sorry, I was out of town. The p/s is all custom from D1S. The power sterring pump is from the stock Northstar. Sorry about the engine pics, however, its nothing to write home about. Thier posted on another thread from Vegasfest pics. (maybe somebody could post them here)

I'll have a post of the Lambo doors shortly. Ian sent me pics of the 1st stage of them bolted on. The bottom of the door is past the roof and then some. Looks like "real" Lambo like, not that I'm wishing it was. I like it to be a Fiero, just a Fiero "Redux."

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-10-2004).]

Jan 15th, 2004
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LAMBO PICS ARE ON THEIR WAY...STAY TUNED. I'm so gitty, hehe.
WARNING: LOTS OF PICS
ENJOY
MADCURL

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-15-2004).]

Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl, you should get a new sig, it dose not do your car right. you have one of the best looking fieros i have ever seen. great job, and keep the pics coming.

sorry for that ass kissing, but i could not help it.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here are the pics of the fiberglass dash pieces that were made.

More pics to come..

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 01-15-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
FINALLY!!! Lambo door pics!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
And more....

HitesFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HitesFieroSend a Private Message to HitesFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Those doors look absolutely awesome!!!

So... what was the final price tag for the "works"? (I may have to change some of my existing plans) - also, any close-ups of the hinge assemblies & their work?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My only thought about this is that if someone is going to do this, something needs to be done to dress up the bottoms of the doors that will now be visible. Something needs to be made to cover up the screws and make a straight line across the bottom of the door or something... Other than that these look great!

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 01-15-2004).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

My only thought about this is that if someone is going to do this, something needs to be done to dress up the bottoms of the doors that will now be visible. Something needs to be made to cover up the screws and make a straight line across the bottom of the door or something... Other than that these look great!

I think that could be easily arranged

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quote: Songman; Something needs to be made to cover up the screws and make a straight line across the bottom of the door or something... Other than that these look great!

Oh yeah, you better belive it! The stud'd lop-to-loop silver area underneath the door will be painted black to match the door jamms.

Quote; MinngreenGT , So... what was the final price tag for the "works"? (I may have to change some of my existing plans) - also, any close-ups of the hinge assemblies & their work?

2g's-ready to bolt-in package. $2,400 if you want it installed by them. To be sure..call
Hinge close-up will come soon. Look-up the web page. The Company is called "Car Excess." More info on the other thread "Do you want Decah, Please." They have a down-load showing the door open/closing (not my car). Right now, their wraping thing up and washing it for web pics. So as you can tell, I'm looking forward to the bikini pics ....hello!

Disclaimer: Bikini models are for Artistic reason only and to further bring out shape of the car. Yeah, right!

So get your pop-corn ready and stay tuned for interior pics, I'm sending them NOW. The headliner (fiberglass), B-panels(V8Archie's) , and dash will be painted the same color of the car. The driver side and passenger side will be painted a darker gray to match seats. Next, getting the trunk recarpet'd and maybe the front trunk place. I hoping it (car) will be there another month for the Daytona Fiero show? March something, right?

Remember: It's only a daily driver, so I don't mind driving, hhehe.
Madcurls

Props:

Mr. Mike for leather door panels + for expediting the process.
Chester and Songman for all the posting, thanks Guys.
V8Archie, for the chop. Doors wouldn't look good without.
Design 1 Systems, for the HP to match the looks
And Decah- (Ian, Noah and gang).

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-15-2004).]

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2004 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A new kid is on the block and the torch has been passed on ...Amazing.

------------------
12.51@118 mph

4.5/4.9 (RSR)Hi Perf. Caddi-V8 Fully Blueprint&Balanced Rotating Assembly
Custom Intake Manifold
Custom Machined Heads
Victor Reinz Head Gaskets
50-150HP Nos Power Shot.
Holley 510-0-4412C Carb.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

FINALLY!!! Lambo door pics!

Dear Madcurl,

You are the bomb.

Sincerely,

--Will

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 01-15-2004).]

OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, you are doing a really nice job with car. This is how a Fiero is supposed to be. My car is very similar to yours except it is Black and I am sadly about 2 years behind. At least for the Chop Top, and Doors. Who again is doing the install on the doors, and what company sold the hinges?

Excellent car.

------------------
Help, Someone has lit a Fiero in my a#@!

PFF
System Bot
85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that bumper in the background is made by "black widdow" im pretty sure its for the 92-94 civics

edit: this statement is from the last page, didn't know there was 3 hehe....er
------------------

soon...

[This message has been edited by 85fierowiks (edited 01-15-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me be the first to officially say I am jealous as H**l !! Madcurl that is way wicked !!

It will be absolutely amazing if you bring it to Daytona. I am praying that it happens. I am dying to see this car in person.
Would be pretty cool to meet u also.

The scary part is your second fiero may even top this one !

Jan 16th, 2004
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, congrats on the way the car is turning out. i just looked and you had almost 1300 people look at this thread so far and the car is not even washed yet ?! too bad you can't charge admission to help pay for those doors
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uhhhh......Madcurl. YOU, my friend, are a P. I. M. P.

That is one mean Fiero, those Rustang/Vette/(insert any punk's car here) owners are going to be suprised when you roll up by them!

Ohhhh, you must SO COME to the Dell's!

------------------
'87GT Fully modded, 3" Drop on 17's, 3800 turbo on the way....
'92 LeBaron soft top, The Players car.

[This message has been edited by SLAMMED87GT (edited 01-16-2004).]

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, definitely interesting. i love em! i cant wait to see the other pics.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when you pick it up, think you could swing by Nova Scotia

Randy

cardealer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cardealerSend a Private Message to cardealerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no doubt, the BEST looking fiero i have ever seen.
thanks for sharing.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I just sent Chester some short pics(I think). The pics shows primered cluster, the Audi vents and Dakota digital gauges but are not in the car yet! So there is nothing to write home about.
Anyway, the gang is out to some import car show in FL. My car was to be displayed there but, as you can see...it not ready.
Sorry fellas, save the pop-corn maybe next week for sure.

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-16-2004).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here they are...

Rob D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Chester for the posting pics . Life sucks when you don't have a direct line hook-up (also when you're car is 3,500 miles away).hehe
madcurl
PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl----exactly were is the car located? If it is not that far I just might take a ride to go see it.
I am the guy that sent you a pic of your car and my car side by side when Archie had them.

Clem

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Madcurl,

Is that a modified stock dash or a custom one ? looks sweet either way, just curious about the origin.

You are putting some really cool ideas into this car.

Jan 17th, 2004
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Northstar Conversion...........$12,000+
Choptop.............................$4,000
Lambo Doors......................$2,500
The feeling you get when you drive this car............Priceless

Great job , Your car makes the GBCT look stock.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 01-17-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quote; Exoticse: Is that a modified stock dash or a custom one ? looks sweet either way, just curious about the origin.

Yes and no. Same stock dash but the original guage cluster, center consule, center vent cluster, side vents, and passenger map pocket (what ever that is for) is removed. Car in Tampa, FL. give them a call first before you go by 727 216-7878. Their really busy now due to a import car show this wk. (their main business) and in March there is (2) show beside the Fiero show in Daytona. Several Caddillac Escalades are getting some lambo doors. I'm picking up my car around 14 days?

Ian is hoping that the business in "Fiero lambo doors" is a untapped resource." Maybe like Archie's choptops....somewhere in the area of 1-2 cars a year? Maybe?

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-17-2004).]

Jan 30th, 2004
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, updates: Jerry (the glass man) is sick. Sorry, no finished interior pics. However, there is one different pic I'm sending to Chester from a front view of Lambos.

So no popcorn, just enough viewing for a snicker's bar.

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-30-2004).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, one of these weekends when I actually have time (read: not working on MY car) I am sooooooooo driving up 1 and seeing that car in person!! Half Moon Bays only 45 mins past Santa Cruz, right? Haven't done that drive in a long time, but its pretty nice.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was gonna say that you could come down to Bakersfield on the Friday night before the Palm Springs run.. but then I remembered that his car is in Florida...
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Okay, updates: Jerry (the glass man) is sick. Sorry, no finished interior pics. However, there is one different pic I'm sending to Chester from a front view of Lambos.

So no popcorn, just enough viewing for a snicker's bar.

And here's the pic!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your car has jumped to the top... absolutely amazing... one of the most custom fieros on here.

I'm not sure if it was already asked or not; if so i'm sorry but:

can you open/close the doors with the windows up? i know that most lambo door conversion cars have frames around the windows... how does yours work?

you should have someone take some video of the opening/closing and getting in the car... lol that would be a site to see...

keep up the great work

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock