Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 08-24-2008 03:02 AM
Replies: 443
Last post by: exoticse on 03-21-2013 03:17 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
My black GT would not start today. I let it sit with a foot of more snow on it for 4 weeks without turning the key. Crazy weather here in Virginia this year. We've had snow on the ground since dec 17!

------------------
[IMG]

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

IP: Logged
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
rocker and its stud ripped out of the aluminum head. O_o crap.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 04-14-2010).]

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Having trouble keeping my car straight under 70mph

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec3
11.74@123

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
My 88 GT has been mostly trouble free for years. However, when the original heater core finally started leaking after 19 years, I purchase a "lifetime warranty" replacement. I am about to install the THIRD lifetime waranty replacement. How's that for quality replacement parts............. At least I'm pretty good at doing it now.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
either hell froze over or angels are on earth.... no fiero has had any issues??? i dont believe this. i wont believe it.
Adam1988

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adam1988Send a Private Message to Adam1988Direct Link to This Post
Every fiero I have is sitting.

88 coupe has a rod knock or something - wont make it up the hill.
85GT - Cant get it timed.
86GT- Bracket that holds slave cylinder broke off at the bolt. Just put in a new slave too....

FML.

Whats even worse... I have new quarter windows to go on the 86, a 327 to go in, imsa side scoops, new shocks/lowering springs for the back and a fiero warehouse lip spoiler..

All sitting in my garage collecting dust.
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
Nothing has gone wrong of course I have not tried driving her yet... Seriously though my turbo 3.4 is treating me really well. Most of the bugs are worked out and it looks like time to sit back and drive and smile. Got my first car show of the season on sunday. Im excited.
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Direct Link to This Post
trying to chase down a vac leak somewhere on my 85 gt. swaps have started for less! just not sure what to put in it yet.

------------------
Robb.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
just realized that it's not my bushings that went bad in my bouncy suspension. the rear tire's sidewall is falling apart can't afford new tires so... prey for me for the next month.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
This!
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
Finished replacing all brakes only to find that my properly bench-bled two month old master cylinder from Autozone was defective, bringing my grand total of defective parts from them to three out of five. But one was a brake hose. So for remans...........75% failure rate. Which is a shame because the guys who work there are pretty cool.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Bother. Coming home from lunch, downshifted for a slight right turn, and tach dropped to 0. No more vroom. Turns over and doesn't fire now. No idea what went wrong. Can hear the fuel pump pressurize, and the INJ fuses look ok. Guess I know what my evening plans are now. :-/
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
The oil pressure sender is leaking... again. I've had it with the fat, leaky Fiero sender units.

So I nabbed a sender unit from a newer car.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Bother. Coming home from lunch, downshifted for a slight right turn, and tach dropped to 0. No more vroom. Turns over and doesn't fire now. No idea what went wrong. Can hear the fuel pump pressurize, and the INJ fuses look ok. Guess I know what my evening plans are now. :-/

Sounds like your ICM went bad.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Sounds like your ICM went bad.

Perhaps. If I didn't have to be "working" right now, I'd be outside working on it instead. It just sucks, because my other 2 vehicles are also not really driveable at the moment. :-/
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps. If I didn't have to be "working" right now, I'd be outside working on it instead. It just sucks, because my other 2 vehicles are also not really driveable at the moment. :-/

Make a thread in tq&d. Does the tach move when you turn it over?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Is it a V6?

If it is and your tach isant pulsing when cranking 9 times out of 10 its your ICM. It could be other things like the tech filter and damper but id bet money that its the icm

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-03-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Is it a V6?

For the moment, it is. LS4 is on the way.

But yes, the tach isn't moving when cranking, so it is probably the module. Recently did the cap/rotor, but not the module. Guess it's time to get a new one.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
Whe it comes to ignition components, I highly suggest ac delco. Speaking from experience... Just sayin

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

aconesa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aconesaSend a Private Message to aconesaDirect Link to This Post
This week the fiero is running a high chance of earning a "For Sale" sign. I spent yesterday removing the upper and middle plenum in order to get to the valve cover to solve a chronic oil leak that started to smoke about two days ago. Well, all is said and done. Valve covers back on, TB cleaned out, a few new gaskets here and there, and when it came time to start the engine to check for any leaks the ignition module died.

Abe
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aconesa:
…when it came time to start the engine to check for any leaks the ignition module died.

Abe

I think the modules were just all designed to fail sometime this month. It seems like there has been a lot of discussion about dying ICMs these past few days. At least it's an easy/cheap(ish) fix. I wish it was so easy to figure out what is wrong with my Mini. No spark, and no real indication of what's wrong.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:
Whe it comes to ignition components, I highly suggest ac delco. Speaking from experience... Just sayin

When it comes to ignition components, I generally prefer MSD. And I would say I prefer DIS, but unfortunately my Mini is still not starting, and I have no idea what is wrong, or how to tell what is wrong (doesn't seem to have any trouble codes). No spark, and replaced plugs, wires, and coil pack already. :-/
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
check the connectors. some female pins could have been spread too far open to allow a good penetrating connection your female pins are probably whores.

also, check for power at the power connector to the ICM and the coil. the wire coming from the C500 could have a blown inline fuse. im not sure where the power goes, to a distributor or ICM since ive never had a stock-v6 fiero.

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 06-04-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:
check the connectors. some female pins could have been spread too far open to allow a good penetrating connection your female pins are probably whores.

also, check for power at the power connector to the ICM and the coil. the wire coming from the C500 could have a blown inline fuse. im not sure where the power goes, to a distributor or ICM since ive never had a stock-v6 fiero.

The Fiero is fine. It was the ICM that died. Picked up a new one at AutoZone and she fired right up. I was just complaining about the Mini Cooper being so much more difficult, to the simplicity of fixing the issue in the Fiero.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
lol oh ok. yea i bet a mini is a ***** of a car to work on.
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Cruise to the hot dog joint and bowling with my son, heater core starts pissing coolant onto the passenger floor. Floor mats are shagged, carpet is stained, and I'm disgusted. Hard to be overly upset though, I knew its time was drawing nigh.

------------------

mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Direct Link to This Post
My 86 SE was totaled.
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
egads man, I'll take a bad heater core over that any day
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
i looked at my thermostat today and spilled some coolent on the floor so when i got underneath the car to wipe it up i found a puddle of trans fluid. i just tightened up the drain plug and it doesn't seem to be leaking anymore.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
bump
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
heres one.....
today i went to get the OD numbers to tally this seasons mileage, you know what i but on Mera X and was greeted with this.

bluddy 'ell....
the funny thing is, after crunching the numbers i averaged 473 miles a month (118mi/week) since 5/1/10-today.....
and get the flat in my garage. thats pretty good. could not get any better.
first bad thing to happen to Mera X since i got it in April '09.
great start, for this 2.8 1987 Fiero SE. seasons almost over here in MI and ole X needed new tires for next year, anyway.

later
Daniel
Mera X

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-30-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
123mmmyFIERO

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-30-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 123mmmyFIEROSend a Private Message to 123mmmyFIERODirect Link to This Post
just finished my engine swap,,im standing there admiring it ,sounding great and BOOOM!!! my rad hose blows and steam flew everywhere,,man what a mess,,,,,,,,,,123
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
anti-archive bump
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
My orange 84 is having a running problem. will investigate soon.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Transmission is all derped up. >.<
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Transmission is all derped up. >.<

You need to get a man peddle in that car.

Trekker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerDirect Link to This Post
After 2 years of nursing it along my clutch finally went out.
njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
After putting in a new rebuilt engine and Two fuel pumps. I still cant get my car to KEEP running..She runs
then bam...Off and wont start again

------------------
Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Clutch is still acting funny, and I think I have a blown head gasket. Probably by the #6 cylinder.

Oh well, at least I have a nice shiny F40 trans, and am rebuilding an LS4 to go in. Guess I'll just drive it until the clutch burns up completely or I get my LS4 done, whichever comes first (hopefully the LS4).
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattman134:

My 86 SE was totaled.

I am so sorry to hear that. It is awful when we lose another one.

I am sorry for your loss.

R.I.P.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page