Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 08-24-2008 03:02 AM
Replies: 443
Last post by: exoticse on 03-21-2013 03:17 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
our cars arent perfect, what else guys? and gals.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp at the motor

IP: Logged
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
I finished replacing a brake hose that had failed and wouldn't release the caliper. Everything was fine on the test drive so I went on to the next project. I replaced a faulty speedo. Worked fine on the test drive. Buttoned everything back up and decided to go for a little drive. Ten feet out of the drive and the speedo starts acting up. Worse then before - I even can tell how fast I'm going in reverse. Another 30 yards down the road and I tap the brake to slow just a bit. Brakes lock up.

Limp the car back into the garage and now have to start over again. Good thing I have two others that are working OK (knock on wood).

If I didn't love them I would hate them.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
GT rear bumper wouldent fit over se hanger
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
The water pump went bad in my V6. The bearing wore out, causing the impeller to scrape against the housing. It made a horrible squeaking / squawking noise. The RTV silicone on the newly-installed water pump is curing as I type this. And the owner of said Fiero is treating himself to a Samuel Adams.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

The water pump went bad in my V6. The bearing wore out, causing the impeller to scrape against the housing. It made a horrible squeaking / squawking noise. The RTV silicone on the newly-installed water pump is curing as I type this. And the owner of said Fiero is treating himself to a Samuel Adams.

my fiero = a jack daniels by the end of the day haha 21 in 3 days

BlackGT Codde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
what went wrong was that nothing went wrong? wierd huh.
it started and idled normally. no problems except the paint but im not at all concerned about that. it cant rust!!!!
ohh the other fiero.....
IT DOESNT HAVE A MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol lol lol
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Nothing! Went on a 200 mile run today, loaded all the tools and spare parts in the trunk filled her up with gas and never opened the hood once - got 29 MPG too. I am amazed.....lol
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
Nothing... I don;t have one anymore.. been fiero-less for prob 2 years. I'll get another ... after i'm bored with my 426 hp vette hehehe
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm sitting in NJ, and the car is still sitting in a shop in Illinois waiting for a wiring harness and to get some paint applied in a few strategic places.
I just can't wait for Santa to come.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
im guessing ryan has your car?

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp at the motor

Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
Let's see...replaced a starter on my 86 and discovered a rotted oil pan, battery is dead from sitting, and there are a few random brake fluid puddles (rotted lines). "The Never Ending Brake Job" that I started on this car in May....continues.
PFF
System Bot
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
The GT in the garage gathered more dust and the paint on the 2 out in the driveway faded a bit more.
Madscanner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerDirect Link to This Post
Brakes faded...

------------------

'85 SE 2M6 automatic
'84 SE 2M4 manual

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
finished up doing my ecm conversion and making my wires the correct length. car turned over, then starter binded i think. wont turn over anymore gotta knock on the solenoid.

fuel pump wont prime, so i need to check all grounds and power for the ecm. and the ones that go to the C500.

pass side window is catching on something when the window gets about a half inch from rolling all the way down. i know that has something to do with my door lock replacement.

------------------

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
alternator went out and my exhaust had a noisy crack in it I had to weld up. What a difference in sound. Just had to take a cruisie
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

im guessing ryan has your car?

Close, but no cigar. I thought Ryan the Sinister Performance guy was in Indiana, not Illinois.

~Bob

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

reverend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reverendSend a Private Message to reverendDirect Link to This Post
Everytime I walk by I notice another chunk of the rocker panel has fallen off. Got to get that new rocker installed. That bondo over duct tape repair job has got to go!
helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Nothing! Went on a 200 mile run today, loaded all the tools and spare parts in the trunk filled her up with gas and never opened the hood once - got 29 MPG too. I am amazed.....lol

Hey me too! 175 miles for me, most of that at 75+mph too. Looks like we win a few

------------------
http://www.raceme.cc/helmet/

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

Close, but no cigar. I thought Ryan the Sinister Performance guy was in Indiana, not Illinois.

~Bob

oh tharts right. Ft. something indiana
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
It wouldn't start again. No power to anything that requires the key to be on. No starter function-no decklid popper-no turn signals. 84 4 cyl.
Booster cables didn't help at all--the starter won't even click.
Guess I'll try to check fusible links. Fuses are all good. C-500? Ign Switch?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-27-2008).]

e30tech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for e30techSend a Private Message to e30techDirect Link to This Post
Replaced the clutch. then found a ruined axle, then a broken coolant temp sensor, then a seal went out on my master clutch cylinder. so when i get those fixed ill let you know lol.
PFF
System Bot
86stealthfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86stealthfieroSend a Private Message to 86stealthfieroDirect Link to This Post
the stealth is under the knife/needs a tranny she will get one when i find one
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
i couldent get my new pisa taillights in:I
Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
88 Formula, the oil pressure sensor is bad, the clutch slave cylinder started to leak about a week ago. Replaced it with a new slave cylinder from Fierostore. Bled it with a vacuum bleeder yesterday before I went to work--works perfectly now.

So easy to work on Fieros!
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Yellowfiero- Has not been run in almost 2 years started right up with a charge to the battery. Has the normal exhaust leak. Needs a bath real bad!

VERT- had a mouse or 2 crawl across it over the past week No mechanicals to mess up at present time.

------------------
Brian Blair

88 GT 3.4SC ~ for sale spring of 08

87 GT VERT (build on hold) https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/053203-5.html

99 K-3500 Dually (driving it now!) ]http://www.fullsizechevy.co...ns.post2946316

00 Impalla 9C1 ~ Driver

79 21' Checkmate Enchanter (in paint process now!)

92 C-1500 http://www.fullsizechevy.co...my-daily-driver.html

88 "Da Coupe" https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-059244.html

fieroman87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Direct Link to This Post
nothing... it just sits there and waits for me to start the rebuild process (waiting for garage space)

dangit!! i miss my car!!!

------------------
Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd. (soon to be 3.6L TT 6 spd.), '88 Festiva 5 spd. rockin' a high revin' 1.6, '87 Scirocco 5 spd. (VR6 swap?)
AIM: FestYboy88L

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I pulled my IMSA off the wheel dollies after six months of sitting. I took it to my mechanic for an oil change (1000 miles after two years) and wanted to look at the underside. The e brake needs to be connected, the current cables are too short to reach. We found one front brake caliper sticcking, so that needs a rebuild, the steering rack bushing needs replacing.

The ZZ4 fired right up and getting used to all that power again still takes some time. It is still loud. I moved it out on the back pad and rinsed it off, then will cover it up with its car cover.
pswayne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
My clutch slave went out, so I got a new one and then made it into one that would last.
My old slave was the real pretty steel kind (the new one is the ugly cast iron kind), but it it was rusted out so bad inside it couldn't be saved. I don't think you can get the steel kind anymore. For a show car, one of the steel ones, chromed, would look real nice.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
my starter has been acting lazy, pulled it and tested it on my battery charger/jump starter. the starter is boned. solenoid is messed up. merlot said this was a 300 dollar hi tq unit. i think he either got jewed or mixed it up from all his motorswaps because this one has a big white REMAN sticker on it. so im off to find a 3500 starter. those are so much more quiet

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987

88 Dread GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Dread GTSend a Private Message to 88 Dread GTDirect Link to This Post
I figure I'll make this "What's wrong with my Fiero *period*"
The tilt steering part of the column is loose.
My RH front Delco speaker is now a rice crispies speaker; snap crackle pop!
My heater core started leaking this spring.
After replacing my tach filter, my tach still jumps around and works when it feels like it.
The bottom of my cruise control canister disintergrated. (I'll take pics)
Driver side headlight is out.

Yesterday I had some time some so I replaced my heater core. Was rather painless until I had to get the rubber coolant hoses off the old heater core nozzles. Even after loosening the hose clamps they were stuck on good. And since the hoses face the front wall of the car I couldn't use a small screw driver to kind of loosen the rubber from the metal. Instead I used big pliers and pinched the hell out of the nozzle ends that were under the rubber. They came off but not with out taking about an inch of metal with them.... No biggie, I didn't care about breaking the OLD heater core. I fished out the pieces of metal from the hoses with needle nose pliers.

I swapped out my cruise control canister quite painlessly.
I changed my headlight with no issues except noticing other things. Like the Ring bezels I replaced in 2002 for the headlights are already rusted... The little headlight door bumpers are either missing or deteriorating.

I'll fix the tilt next week. The speakers are getting replaced when I install the factory subwoofer kit my uncle sold me.

Oh how I wish I had a garage...

------------------
=-Eric the Dread

1988 Fiero GT 2.8L V6
2001 Grand Prix GTP SC3.8L V6

boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post
My fiero hasn't had any major problems. But every day when I start it the belt squeals. Really need a auto tensioner for the v6. And my getrag will not stop dripping.
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
hooked up my moates APU1 to see what the ECM is seeing, and the ecm is not spitting out the required amount of voltage to kick the fuel pump relay on. wtf? haha. i love our fieros, never a dull moment.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem

Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post11-08-2008 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
Blew another ( used ) ignition module on the way to work friday. Had not replaced the spare yet... grrr
BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
i ruined it by breaking one cradle bolt then rounding off the other.
try'd grinding it off but just made things worse. thats right one snaps like a twig the other
wont break no matter what i throw at it..
anyway. its now dead and i need my motor from it.
aconesa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aconesaSend a Private Message to aconesaDirect Link to This Post
Saturday night driving I had to hit the brake pedal hard to avoid a deer. The pedal went down all the way and pressure was very low. I did make it home without causing an accident but it was very scary. The next day I check the MC and one side was empty.

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
working on freeb, put in new oil pump, shaft and pin, turns out the rear main seal is bad.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
The Phantom Wiper strikes again!

I think it is the column since the motor is relatively new. ugh...
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I could not drive it today.
but I guess that is my fault for tearing it apart not the cars fault.
pswayne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
Nothing's wrong with my Fiero, but the cover I put on it every day is showing signs of wear. I have to cover it here at work because of all the trees in the parking lot, and the stuff that rains down from them on the cars -- leaves, acorns, etc. I guess those Wolf Evolution covers don't last forever.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
they sure dont. mine has a tear on it at a corner great fit though.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem

Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock