Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 08-24-2008 03:02 AM
Replies: 443
Last post by: exoticse on 03-21-2013 03:17 PM
nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Direct Link to This Post

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

IP: Logged
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
Did it get excited? happens to me some times

Originally posted by nmw75:

MC2Rush

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MC2RushClick Here to visit MC2Rush's HomePageSend a Private Message to MC2RushDirect Link to This Post
Today... My check engine light came on.. bwahahaha.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Have a 24K mile 86 GT. We got a cold snap this past week....hopped in the car yesterday, battery is flat as a pancake.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Turned the headlights off. Left headlight goes down normally. Right one grunts and stops about halfway down while the motor keeps running for a few seconds. I've got a set of bushings from Rodney Dickman on the way to repair both motors.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
The select cable ceased working after sitting for about four months. I had planned to take it to friend's place of business that has a rack so I could pull the turbo but that will have to wait until I get the gear shift working again.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 12-13-2011).]

MC2Rush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MC2RushClick Here to visit MC2Rush's HomePageSend a Private Message to MC2RushDirect Link to This Post
I ran out of gas.... so dumb...
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i can help everyone with this running out of gas issue... but its not season just yet
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Heater core started leaking.....why not....its cold out?!
88GTTTOP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTTTOPSend a Private Message to 88GTTTOPDirect Link to This Post
sprayed on a lot of engine gunk remover on my new 88gt and let the car idle for nearly 2 hours in my driveway to let the engine dry. forgot the PO of the car put the rad. fan on a manual toggle switch, so no fan came on. got on the computer for a bit and forgot the car was still running, went out and coolant was spraying all over the place out of the reserve cap, temp. gauge was pegged.

i thought i really F'd up the car. i let it cool down and put a gallon of coolant back in and all is good so far, lesson learned.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Alternator doesn't charge, turn signals indicator reversed, tach spins when turn signals on.

Suspecting a bad ground, I went over the car from back to front but miraculously, the problem solved itself! I don't believe for a minute that it is fixed and I know I'll have to find it but it is screwed up only when cold. (I suppose I should only drive it when hot?)
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
^^^^ thats a new one... ive never heard that happening before.
MC2Rush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MC2RushClick Here to visit MC2Rush's HomePageSend a Private Message to MC2RushDirect Link to This Post
Found out that my new to me Fiero dosen't have a Cat... I'll just add it to the list.
FieroJam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamSend a Private Message to FieroJamDirect Link to This Post
Technically not something wrong with my Fiero but it is related. Went to transfer the title of my new car and get tags this morning only to be told the guy I bought it from did not sign the title in the right place. Now I'm trying to get a hold of him to get it done today. Not happy!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
How about two brand new fuel pump failures in the same car on two consecutive days? Both left me stranded on the interstate and I had to get towed to the shop.

Nelson
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by timcha (edited 12-19-2011).]

XgovernmentAgent

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XgovernmentAgentSend a Private Message to XgovernmentAgentDirect Link to This Post
I lost the little clip on some part of the vent control actuators when I removed it for replacing the throttle cable. That darn clip was cutting into my hand when I was reaching to get the new throttle cable.

[This message has been edited by XgovernmentAgent (edited 03-29-2012).]

FieroJam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamSend a Private Message to FieroJamDirect Link to This Post
The check engine light came on for a few seconds then went off. Checked the codes when I got home and checked it three code 13's. Wonderful more things to do this weekend other than changing the oil.
mferrell

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mferrellSend a Private Message to mferrellDirect Link to This Post
odometer quite today. fuel guage hasnt been working since I got it. I will probably run out of gas frequently now. I guess I'm gonna have to fix one of them
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
A family of wasps built a nest under the rear spoiler. They refused to pay rent, so I evicted them... with extreme prejudice.

I guess that's what I get for not driving it.
mferrell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mferrellSend a Private Message to mferrellDirect Link to This Post
changed the gauge cluster..... guess what..... this odometer doesnt work eiher aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
PFF
System Bot
Spaxspore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaxsporeSend a Private Message to SpaxsporeDirect Link to This Post
Previous owner put the wrong belt on my Alternator.. it went ...

Got the right one on there now..

------------------

Owner of Fiero 1984 Indy #74

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday I started her up and pulled it out of the garage and let her idle for about half hour, then took it for a quick spin. She had been sitting for about a month. I went to the garage with plans on driving her to work today to find that the courtesy lights were on with the door closed. Checked fuses and found a blown fuse. Replaced it and it blew right away. Pulled all the fuses to keep the battery from draining and drove my daily driver to work. Came home after work, replaced the fuses, and the problem went away.

Interesting!
McTamney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyDirect Link to This Post
No idea. Was driving and my speedo stopped working the the car shut off. Had to push it into a parking lot. It would crank, then the starter seemed to die. After checking things for 10 min or so i turned the key and it fired right up. Anyone make sense of this? 86 auto
XgovernmentAgent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XgovernmentAgentSend a Private Message to XgovernmentAgentDirect Link to This Post
This was last month; the oil pressure sender blew up and I lost a lot of oil and the select cable melted from resting on my headers.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Found my steering rack is going bad and it needs to be replaced.
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
My alternator's been pulsing a bit for a year, it finally puked. When it warms up a bit I'll stick on a new one.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
My Speedometer stopped working in my 88 GT

No fuses blown
Speedometer nettle lifts of the bar and locks on zero when I start the car.
drove the car around the block a few times...the odometer is not rolling.
...so where does the problem lie do you think?
88FieroGT TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsDirect Link to This Post
check the connector on back of pod--mine was loose--no odometer but speedo worked--some of the lights were out too--reseated and everything was ok

------------------
Pat Jones

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post
4 rebuilt calipers and a terrible time trying to bleed this system, still got air and keep tripping portioning valve!
Alex553

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex553Send a Private Message to Alex553Direct Link to This Post
Fuel pump whines really loud even after putting gas
PFF
System Bot
Alex553

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex553Send a Private Message to Alex553Direct Link to This Post
Right headlight doesn't go up anymore,fuel pump went out, coolant reservoir broke and leaks coolant .-.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Direct Link to This Post
I've got a rattling/clanking sound in the driver side dashboard/front left wheel that happens going over a rough patch in the road.

------------------
-1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
*Aquired at age 15

bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroDirect Link to This Post
Well there’s always something wrong with mine but I did only pay $600 for it so can’t complain too much. but latest is from my run in with black ice and a ditch two weeks ago after replacing all broken body panels (now a GT) brought it in the shop for alignment to find out my wheel bearing is not so good so had that replaced and when they took it out for a test drive shift cable broke so now trailer home and get the other off my parts car

------------------
this is the pics of all my cars http://www.motortopia.com/93xr7merc and http://www.fquick.com/bkcamaro
70 Buick Riviera Stage 1 455 Big Block Auto Dual Carb
73 Buick Riviera GS 455 Big Block auto (#2 on dream car list)
78 Chevy C 10 Step Side Pick up 350 auto
85 Chevy Camaro Z28 383 stroker auto (#3 on dream car list)
96 Chevy Camaro Z28 350 LT1 auto (daily driver during the nice months) 14.1 at 99.25 mph 8/5/09
98 GMC 2500 350 auto (plow truck)
86 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L 5 speed (mgp car)
Videos of most of my cars http://www.youtube.com/user...eos?flow=grid&view=0

XgovernmentAgent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XgovernmentAgentSend a Private Message to XgovernmentAgentDirect Link to This Post
It survived the TX2K13 weekend with only a snapped zip-tie to let a coolant hose rest on the headers long enough to spring a leak, catch it and fix it. Rebuilt getrag is leaking too much for comfort.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Direct Link to This Post
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Direct Link to This Post
Last time I went home to work on it (President's Day weekend) went to bleed the clutch, only to find a hole in the line. Re-routed a new line, lady at Advance gave us the wrong threaded fittings to put on the new line, so my nephew and I tried using the old fittings. Worked for hours just trying to get them on the line far enough to be able to flange the line. Got the line in to the master cylinder, but couldn't get it to go in the slave. After an hour of trying to get in a good enough position to get it in to the slave, found out the slave threading was stripped, so had to order a new one. I was leaving to go home the next day, so I haven't been able to get it on.

Oh yeah, while my dad and I were pushing it out of the garage to put it in a barn until I came home again, we cut the wheels too sharp and ran the door in to the side of their Civic. Bent the trim on the Fiero and cracked the door under the handle.

Needless to say, that night and the 4.5 hour drive home the next day were very depressing...
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Same thing as the last two months...the weather.

Bob
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleDirect Link to This Post
NOTHING it is still in Hybernation .
For those members that live somewhere warm , hybernation is a small country north of Canada
ok its what I do in the winter SLEEP!
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleDirect Link to This Post
how about starteing to drive from nyc to western ny and first having my muffler break and having to wire it up 50 miles into the drive and then 100 miles away from home i lost the ability to shift into third and fifth
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock