Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 08-24-2008 03:02 AM
Replies: 443
Last post by: exoticse on 03-21-2013 03:17 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
damn ive gotta stand a 12 hour duty tomarrow. im not even tired. already had my four hours of sleep i need. crap.....im going to be a zombie tomarrow

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....
My Fiero Fuel Economy
Videos of My GT
Google Videos of My GT
MPG Display for OBD I

IP: Logged
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Headlight module went out again. I guess it isn't too bad. This one was used and lasted about 4 years for me.
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Lost two emblems in the same week! The front shield disappeared on Friday, and the dart on the passenger side is gone as of tonight, less than four hours after I called FieroStore for a new front badge.

I'm now worried that, unless it's just the fact they're 20-year old badges, someone is messing with my car. Someone I know at school with a Mustang has been getting his emblems stolen and I really hope they're not after me as well.

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 02-25-2009).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Brake pedal went to the floor again...
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Clutch pedal won't go down. Was almost home from shopping, slowed for a corner, tried to downshift, but the clutch pedal simply will NOT press down. What's up with that?

------------------
Follow me for GAS
------------------

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Clutch pedal won't go down. Was almost home from shopping, slowed for a corner, tried to downshift, but the clutch pedal simply will NOT press down. What's up with that?

Air in the system?

------------------

MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
Well in the past week a brake caliper blew a seal, and 12 hours after i fixed that my fuel pump died. Horrible luck!
Madscanner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerDirect Link to This Post
Last week, I sorted out the chopped up stereo wiring in my '84, including a successful test.

Today, I set about properly plugging in and mounting the stereo - guess what? The unit works, both on radio and tape, but there is no audio output.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!
Madscanner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerDirect Link to This Post

Madscanner

593 posts
Member since Dec 2004
Since getting a replacement 3sp autobox into my '85 last year, I've had a "spare" transaxle sitting outside my door (top of the stairs outside my 2nd floor apartment).

Went out this morning to get one of my tyres remounted and get it washed for the first time in a few months.

When I came back, there was a trail of transmissions fluid down the stairs and along the pavement - the gearbox had been stolen...

It will be of no use to anyone here, and has likely been stolen by the "local" scrap metal merchants to be weighedd in down at the scrap yard.

Wouldn't have minded, as 2nd gear was toast on it, but I'd just promised a couple of parts to another Fiero owner here...

Bollocks...
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Driver door glass seals are shot, and the window has a few scratches running down it.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
damn, a day shy of a month and nothing has gone wrong with ANY fiero?!?!! better call guiness...

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i failed yet again. still no spark

------------------
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04

greasemonke50613

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2009 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Direct Link to This Post
well...14 mpg...unknown oil leak on supposed 10k mile engine, belt chatters like mad...iron duke fun lol...no cruise, missing wheel stud on one tire...going to locate oil leak tomorrow, also RR brake caliper leaks a little and doesn't seem to work as i have a pull to the left when on brakes...humph. what's next!

[This message has been edited by greasemonke50613 (edited 04-13-2009).]

Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post
well, it's been going wrong for more than just today, i've just been too lazy to fix the massive oil leak on the front seal... darn teenagers, these days! don't know how to get off thier butts, and work... hehe
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
replaced the crank position sensor. fired right up! lasted only a half mile BWD for ya!

------------------

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I was driving home from work when i heard what sounded like frayed wires hit my decklid and then nothing. It just happened once and only lasted for half a second. I was sure the accessory belt on my DOHC had just left the vehicle. It made it the 1/2 mile back to the house. Drive belt was still there minus a notch of width. There was something rubbing it near the alternator. I'll check it out in the morning when there is daylight.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2009 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
my rodney sub sounds like crap. good thing i have a tang waiting to go in now!

------------------

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
After taking an impact wrench to car car to take the cradle out, it rattled loose a rusty, weak spot on the frame, and now there is a massive hole in the frame. Considering parting the car out and junking it.

[This message has been edited by aeffertz (edited 06-06-2009).]

greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2009 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Direct Link to This Post
!@#$%*^&#*%^ HEADLIGHTS ARE ANNOYING!!!! they won't go down...had this problem 4 a while now though
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
Temp gauge needle started sticking pegged on start up. I good whack on the dash putts it back down and then it works fine till I shut her down, than pegged again.

Nothing has had to be done to my car for two years now. Well aside from tires and oil changes.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
my fiero caught fire. yea, holy sh**! the charcoal canister was rattling around loosly, rested on a header, and BOOM! WOOSH! popped the decklid to catch it just in time. nothing else was really affected. so far from what i can tell, the looms were melted.

the other thing that started going wrong is it would stall out and not start back up unless i let it sit for like 30min to an hour. and i cant hear the walbro too easy either. so im thinking that the fuel pump is going out and that the DIS module could be going out.

ahh i LOVE fieros!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
I pulled in for gas, got 9.7 gallons, and looked at the miles traveled, 104, and saw that I got 10.7 MPG

WHAT ???

Then on the way home, I figured out my trip odometer stopped working. The main odometer still works, but as I reset the trip meter, it never moved. I tried a few times, and it still sat at zero.

Now I'll have to rely on the the main odometer. Oh well, this is a failure I can live with.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
hmm...what went wrong.......surprisingly nothing this time. oh yea! i put my HIDs on the car and the connection to plug into the headlight harness is so filled with 20+ year old GM electronics crap (now tar) and the HIDswere getting a horrible connection. i think i hear new connectors calling my nam e

------------------

The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post
Nothing...... it's still parked from what went wrong yesterday

------------------

aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
So, last week, driving up a busy thru-town road, and my TCC decided to lock up and stay locked as I came up to a major intersection. *sigh* Couple of neutral drops to cross the intersection, pulled in to a gas station, and unplugged the TCC plug. Don't really care, that stupid duke/slushbox are comin out this week.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Tonight I stopped at Pep Boys to get some headlight adjustment screws. I went inside, got the screws and when I came out, the Duke would not start. No click - nothing. All the lights worked and the battery was not dead. I messed with the saftey switch's and wiggled the ign switch, move the shifter around, etc. I had resolved myself to accept that i was going to have a late night - dragging the thing home. After about 30 minutes, I gave it another shot and she cranked and fired? I'm thinking maybe the starter / solenoid got hot and was stuck? I'll pull the starter this weekend.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
rear lower control arm has a big crack in it

------------------

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Not today but two weeks ago (or so), gearbox died. Still looking for a cheap replacement.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
not much went "wrong", "today"... just the usual cleaning up. took some rusty nuts off and replaced em.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i was adding a fuel pressure gauge to the 3400 fuel rail. had to take off the intake manifold. stripped one of the bolt holes. the fuel gauge and adapter fitting were leaking. i tried to tighten the gauge by hand and broke it. i dont know my own strength.
Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
It's not the car I tell you it's me all me........................I'm the problem.
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
well the first step is admitting the problem. but you putting the blame on yourself is not healthy. lets talk about your childhood..... did mommy and daddy treat you well? here, show me with these dolls how they treated you. did they ever touch you? show me with the dolls.

hmm...ok.....

thats norma....WAIT! STOP THAT! thats not normal. these arent voodoo dolls damnit. girls play with dolls.
there, do you realize that YOUR the problem now? its not your fiero. its you.

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 07-07-2009).]

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greasemonke50613:

!@#$%*^&#*%^ HEADLIGHTS ARE ANNOYING!!!! they won't go down...had this problem 4 a while now though

make some flush headlight mountings
no more headlight troubles

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
My tach still wont work.
BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
My new Fiero didn't pass the safety inspection because of an exhaust leak

hmmm...
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

well the first step is admitting the problem. but you putting the blame on yourself is not healthy. lets talk about your childhood..... did mommy and daddy treat you well? here, show me with these dolls how they treated you. did they ever touch you? show me with the dolls.

hmm...ok.....

thats norma....WAIT! STOP THAT! thats not normal. these arent voodoo dolls damnit. girls play with dolls.
there, do you realize that YOUR the problem now? its not your fiero. its you.

dude,you are one sick puppy...and yes i thought it was funny too !
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i have quite an imagination when i get around to using it
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i was puling my center console padded parts off to restore, pulled too hard one of the window switches and *pop* parts where all down the denter console. yanked the skeleton and found the parts. i got paid $0.70 for this taask pretty much

------------------

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
dont be embarrased that your fiero breaks on you. it happens to all of us. who own a fiero.

mine threw up a code 42. and since i have a DIS system, things are kinda different. im trying to eliminate everything before i figure that i need to buy a new DIS ICM.

------------------

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
too much went wrong
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock