Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 08-24-2008 03:02 AM
Replies: 443
Last post by: exoticse on 03-21-2013 03:17 PM
cnander51

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post
1. Bought 84 se
2. bought v6 motor and auto trans to convert 84 to v6 power
3. found out about wiring differances
4. sold 84 and bought 85 gt that supposedly just needed a trans. already have trans and engine.
5. began cradle removal to change engine and trans.
6. found extreme amount of rust in upper and lower frame rails plus cradle.
7. listed 85 gt in the mall for sale as parts car
8. next week will pick up 86 gt that has blown head gasket. will install my complete motor.
IP: Logged
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
My interior door handle snapped in half at Dunkin Donuts
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Don'tr know.......

It's in El Paso and I'm in Richmond VA P
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Transmission decided to boycott 2nd gear

I'll see what's up tomorrow, I managed to roll home at 2500 rpms in first so that's something anyway.

[This message has been edited by pumpkincarriage (edited 11-12-2008).]

Shad0wguy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
Had to drill out one of the wheel bolts because the bolt was stripped trying to remove it.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
EGR tube cracked vacume leak SH#^%Y gas millage

------------------
Happiness is a choice

americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
cranked cranked cranked and cranked. still no start. crap.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
My Fiero Fuel Economy
Videos of My GT

hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
Winter is killing the fuel mileage...that and taller tires. Down to about 27mpg on my ordinary commute. Leaking a little coolant from the hose at the t-stat housing.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Rebuild rescheduled due to bad weather.... Figures, I take vacation to finish it and the weather goes to crap!
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
"What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ?"

Nothing, everything works great on both cars.

BTW Why should anyone expect anything to go wrong with their Fiero (unless they fail to maintain it or abuse it)?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
it got me pulled over
PFF
System Bot
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Nothing she is the cheapest daily driver Ihave evr owned. However, she will be getting a new exhaust manifold this weekend since the current one is cracked. But she still runs like a dream.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

"What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ?"

Nothing, everything works great on both cars.

BTW Why should anyone expect anything to go wrong with their Fiero (unless they fail to maintain it or abuse it)?

because theyre old and previous owners went to shadey mechanics and shops that halfassed the work done to them for a full price. and most places didnt know how to work on a fiero.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
My Fiero Fuel Economy
Videos of My GT

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 12-08-2008).]

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I discovered today that the left rear caliper is seized when I took off the wheels to install new tires. This thing is fast becoming a money pit.....hindsight being 20/20, I would have passed on this car had I known how sick it was!

Initial cost: $1550
complete rebuild of front suspension: $500
new exhaust system: $400
new brakes: $400*
new tires: $600
new rear fascia & impact bar: $100
new trans poly trans. mounts & bracket: $175
alignment: $50

* I haven't actually bought the new brakes yet.....this is just an estimate

Total so far: $3775 and I haven't driven it since bringing it home more than 2 months ago! That doesn't even include the plane ticket to Minnesota to pick it up or the gas money to drive it home or the stupid ticket I got from that Dudley Doright of a trooper who decided the exhaust was too loud. Add that up and I'm in for more than $4500. What the hell was I thinking?!?

Other than that, everything is A-OK.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I was going to drive it but it was trapped behind a snow drift.......as the battery slowly dies.
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
The locks are iced shut and I won't have time in the morning to un-freeze them before going to school.

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 12-10-2008).]

BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroDirect Link to This Post
The tires are crap and the fine plowing team up here if Fargo waits until half the city drives on the snow before they plow, so the roads are covered in a layer of packed snow. Looks like one of them might be slowly leaking as well.

Time for new tires...ugh...

------------------

Want a SWEET signature? PM me!

cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post
In continuation of my post above. Picked up the 86 GT. After going through it I find that it does not have a blown head gasket. Replaced thermostat and water pump belt. Runs great with no smoke or weird noises. $500 purchase.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
We think the fuel pump went out last Friday.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
bump, and...

nothing has gone wrong. ive hardly touched the car since its been so damn cold. i hate winters...

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987
My Fiero Fuel Economy
Videos of My GT
Google Videos of My GT

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Blower motor finally crapped out. 5 minutes and $20 later, it's all better.

Jim
PFF
System Bot
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Fan Belt broke on white 88GT I will replace them later.

------------------
White 88 GT 5 spd
Red 88 GT Auto
Black 88 Coup 5 spd

Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post
torque converter kept popping in and out. tachometer got to do a pretty little dance from 2500rpms to 2750and back again hooray! not.
thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
Motor knocks, clutch slave went bad, and a coolant line that looks like it goes to the heater from the back of the car is leaking........can't wait till I can do my 4.9 swap. Car ran great for 2.5 yrs with no problem, but when things started going wrong, it went wrong all at once, lol. Still love the car and can't wait till it's on the road again.

------------------
Hmmmmmmmmm.......now if I can just talk the Army out of an engine, I bet I can get it to fit hehehehehehe >

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
nothing shes driving like a dream. clutch has fixed it self and its now all ready for inspection.
JCL86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCL86GTClick Here to visit JCL86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to JCL86GTDirect Link to This Post
Put a new radiator in Saturday
Today no start - Temp outside -7 F

JOhn ><>

------------------
86 GT 2.8L Auto
Stuff4Toys

Kerusso Christian Wear

JCL86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCL86GTClick Here to visit JCL86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to JCL86GTDirect Link to This Post

JCL86GT

196 posts
Member since Oct 2006

Originally posted by BMTFIERO:

Fan Belt broke on white 88GT I will replace them later.

Fan Belt??? You got a Fan Belt? Do I have a fan belt?

------------------
86 GT 2.8L Auto
Stuff4Toys

Kerusso Christian Wear

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Well it wasn't today but, It is very cold in Fiero's When you don't have heat. Damn heater core.
VFR182

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VFR182Send a Private Message to VFR182Direct Link to This Post
It was still in my garage when I woke up this morning...I had a dream last night that it was actually a porsche...crap.
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
One of the driver headlight hinges is broken.

------------------

| Fiero Blog | CarDomain Page | NIFE Member |

"Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Pontiac - We Build Excitement!" - Wesley Willis

cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post
Spent three days forming and shaping a plexiglass insert for my custom center console. Completed cutouts for the shifter, radio, climate controls and auxillary gauges. Created an unseen stress crack in the radio opening which broke in half when I picked it up. Now I have to start on it again from scratch. NUTS!!!!
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
at least this time around it should be a bit easier.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987
My Fiero Fuel Economy
Videos of My GT
Google Videos of My GT
MPG Display for OBD I

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I blown a 20 amp fuse. My stereo and some other important computer related stuff died. What happened? The darn lighter’s (-) & (+) touched. I had to pull over on the hwy (next to a cemetery) to change it out. Seriously, I was thinking some zombies was going to car jack me cause my N* woke them up.

Note to self: hurry up and finish the dash and make sure the cigarette lighter is fully taped.
anwalker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anwalkerSend a Private Message to anwalkerDirect Link to This Post
Sanded through the clear on my new pearl yellow paint job and have to re-shoot the top half of the door....The reshooting is no big deal its the pearl matching Im worried about.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2009 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
nothing is going wrong cause i am not driving it and haven't for a while.
I want nothing to go wrong when we take them to the shows
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get to drive it .. I was just too lazy to get it out of the garage and of course the frigid weather made me choose one of the point a piont b vehicles at my disposal
Tinkrr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinkrrSend a Private Message to TinkrrDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hklvette:

Winter is killing the fuel mileage...that and taller tires. Down to about 27mpg on my ordinary commute. Leaking a little coolant from the hose at the t-stat housing.

Taller tires will indicate fewer miles travelled because they cause speedometer error.So you're probably not getting any worse than before you changed tire size,

Use the Miata TIRE SIZE CALCUATOR to determine the percentage error:- http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Brake pedal went to the floor. It took some careful driving, but we were able to get it to somewhere that it can be fixed in the near future.

Thanks Blake. You were a big help. Mostly a confidence builder that I could make it as far as I did.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
if its an auto, slam it into park to stop. permanently. lol, gives you an excuse to go to a HD 4 speed

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....
My Fiero Fuel Economy
Videos of My GT
Google Videos of My GT
MPG Display for OBD I

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I don't want to go that far. I am picking up a 5spd on Saturday. Not sure if it is going to go in this one.

------------------

"Semper Fiero"

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock