Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 08-24-2008 03:02 AM
Replies: 443
Last post by: exoticse on 03-21-2013 03:17 PM
Jim_Martin29

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post
I discovered that my sunroof does leak when it's setting in the parking lot under the right conditions (like a very hard rainstorm with high winds).
IP: Logged
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
The parking brake didn't completely release on the right wheel on my drive home from work this morning. Not enough for me to feel it, but it was enough for me to smell it when I came to a stop. Took me a few mintues to figure out where it was coming from. Was half expecting the car to go up in flames...
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
had a hole in my coolant tube going into my water pump.. Fixed that, but then found a short in my battery cable..
crosshead4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crosshead4Send a Private Message to crosshead4Direct Link to This Post
finally changed my oil pressure sender, gauge works for the first time
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

had a hole in my coolant tube going into my water pump.. Fixed that, but then found a short in my battery cable..

If you have a V-6 with airconditioning check the AC compressor belt. Mine was loose enough that it was hitting the coolant hose that runs from the water pump to the coolant pipe and rubbing a hole in it. I had to change the hose twice before I figured out the problem.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim_Martin29:

If you have a V-6 with airconditioning check the AC compressor belt. Mine was loose enough that it was hitting the coolant hose that runs from the water pump to the coolant pipe and rubbing a hole in it. I had to change the hose twice before I figured out the problem.

thats precisely what the problem was.. lol. I put in a new hose, and cut out that belt. (dont use AC anyway).. Dosnt really matter though, the car is getting sent to the Fiero Factory for a 3.4 swap in a few days anyway.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 02-23-2011).]

dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
the hose that goes to the water pump to the tube started leaking today right where the belt for the ac would have been if it was there...........ohwell just need to spend more on the car
jtsordel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jtsordelSend a Private Message to jtsordelDirect Link to This Post
Well, this has been a few days in the making but...

Rear cradle bolts spun
Driver side front cradle bolt seized (required sawzall + die grinder to remove cradle)

Next step is to tackle the manifold bolts... We shall see...

Thanks!!!

------------------
1988 GT

miketria

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for miketriaSend a Private Message to miketriaDirect Link to This Post
A bird pooped on it.
tophat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tophatSend a Private Message to tophatDirect Link to This Post
merging on the freeway and i smell gas real strong. im guessing leaky fuel injector or something of the sort.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i did something stupid and cracked the ball in my hurst short shifter and my a/c will be fixed tomorrow i think. bleeping hot in fl. now. i still love my fiero.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
water pump started weeping sunday morning upon start up to go drag racing...fukc me!!!
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by miketria:

A bird pooped on it.

thats the worst of em all from what ive seen in this thread. go release a bob cat into the neighborhood to teach those birds a lesson.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
ICM went bad again

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, and 86 GT

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
SES light came on in 5th gear at about 80mph on a country road....I'm sure it's another code 32. They seem to happen when the engine gets under load at higher speeds. I really don't know how seriously to take that information, I guess I will get another solenoid, but for now just keep driving in the good weather.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
The IMSA went to the shop. The ignition key wouldn't turn so the car couldn't start. Finally got to turned and drove it to the shop. Need to have the e brake lever adjusted and the AC stopped working.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My HHR's odometer outside temp reading. Too hot here today to work on the car in my garage.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Check engine light came on.

------------------

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 07-26-2011).]

miketria

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for miketriaSend a Private Message to miketriaDirect Link to This Post
Well, my e-brake lever is suffering an issue. I am sure the brake is engaged, and I can not disengage it when I put the lever down... Anybody know what to do?
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
My radiator fan no longer turns on as for today
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Putting my wheels back on I broke one wheel stud.
I have a replacement to install first thing in the morning.
PFF
System Bot
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Front passenger headlight wont go up anymore..
daveyhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveyhouseSend a Private Message to daveyhouseDirect Link to This Post
Another wheel bearing took a crap on me.
mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Midnight:

Front passenger headlight wont go up anymore..

Same here
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
In the middle of an engine swap in a 99 Mercury cougar (no oil = dead engine). Therefore the garage is full of Cougar engines and bits right now.

Auto trans on the 88 (kid's car) dies.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
anti arcive bump
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Nothing...but the day isn't over yet!
pegasus87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus87Send a Private Message to pegasus87Direct Link to This Post
well its the first day of fall, which means its getting cold outside, which also means my slave cylinder is going out once again. thinking i would have high hopes I checked my hydrolic fluid good. i went to check my transmission fluid when the gear fell of of my speed sensor and got logged in the hole. got it out put it back together and now my speedo wont work. Ehhh its just time to park it for the day. I was going to work on my project car but im affraid to now.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Nothing technically with the Fiero, BUT! I was assembling my paint spray gun and found that I need a pneumatic fitting for it... The gun has a male stub and all I have are male fittings. Well I either need a female fitting or a female close nipple. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow so I can proceed with my plans to start on the paint tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 09-23-2011).]

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Left lights on at work (removed the dingy thing ages ago) = flat battery

Jump from a guy in the car park (I keep cables in the car) got it going again.

This a been a DUH moment!

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticDirect Link to This Post
What I call the hell bolt is giving me, well .... hell. It's the forward drivers side bolt that holds the subframe to the chassis. Damn thing does not want to go in, damn thing did not want to come out in the first place!

Chris
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
TTT
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
She got me to work... It was really quite traumatic...
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterDirect Link to This Post
Maint Issues since 2001.

2001 Tune up (bad idea - back side plug seized and rounded off with no force at all)
2001 3rd Gear Syncro grinds on hard shifts
2001 New tires and replace brake pads and flushed brake system
2003 Drivers side head light dim ( bad ground. happened to be the small ground going from battery to grounding point 6 inches away. took 2 years to figure that out. Just ran an extra ground wire from battery to strut mount bolt.)
2004 several tires are leaking air. ( was leaking out bead near wheel weights.)
2004 Alternator
2005 Battery
2005 Alternator
2007 Alternator
added -- 2007 Alternator belt squelling. snapped tensioner bolt off. broke aluminum braket broke (Stupid me with air chisel why i picked that tool i dont remember)
2007 Catalytic converter rattles
2007 Tire went flat on way home. ( Darn wheel weight. removed) car vibrates at 70+MPH now.
2008 .. Guess what ... Alternator (Im a pro at swapping alternators now) Went with a different brand this time....screw life time warranty if you have to replace it 5 times.)
2008 Clutch slipping
2009 Clutch went out -- replaced clutch, throwout bearing, pressure plate, 3rd gear synco, and a few other parts o also Catalytic converter
2009 Died on way home pushed in to parking lot. (10 minutes trouble shooting pointed at no spark.) replaced coil pack, ignition control module, and since it was apart cap and rotor. problem was control module.
2009 Sun roof leaked on wife. (As if she needs another reason to hate my car.) Replaced rusted out track. still 4 years later been unable to get a good seal.
2010 OEM Blue paint faded and clear coat pealing off in some spots. (Painted Blue with metal flakes looks awesome)
2011 A/C compressor binding when turned on. (Running 134a for 10 years completely stock)
added -- 2011 Drivers headlight motor or gear going out.
2011 still have sunroof leak issues
2001 Oct Replaced O2 Sensor fuel mileage went up (smelled like it was running rich. it still smells rich.)
2011 Oct noticed smoke i think its blue from exhaust on start up.
2011 drove 7 hours to Woodstock GA ... Nov-Dec in shop getting 3800SC motor swap

Tweeter
Blue 87 GT

Edit: Forgot a few

2nd Edit

Slave cylinder twice 2003 ish and 2009 and seems to be leaking again..
Heater Core once 2004 ish
Starter once. 2005 ish
Fuel pump twice. 2006 and 2008
Oil preasure gauge bouncing ( guessing sensor is bad never replaced)
BTW still running the same tires from 2001 ten years later dry rotted bad btw.

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 12-09-2011).]

Axmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxmannSend a Private Message to AxmannDirect Link to This Post
Besides the fact that I have to drive 208miles (one way) just to work on my Fiero everytime (which I'm in middle of restoring) Nothing happened today.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Serpentine belt is squealing badly.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Nice rebuilt 3800 SC Series II engine with a proven tune. However, the computer turns the A/C off and I cannot figure out why.

Nelson
lonewolf_305

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lonewolf_305Send a Private Message to lonewolf_305Direct Link to This Post
Well i got a story. Went to move my fiero to my new house. After loading it up we had to stop to get gas. Pulling out of the gas station the car slid over hit the tire then the tire poped the car on top of it. No damge to the car, YAY, but now what do I do. Well the guy that was helping me calls the owner of the tralier to come help. We jack the car up then start to pull it over, well the tire gets hooked on a plank so I say stop ill jack it up some more, but no he keeps pulling and blows the beed. So now im pissed. Well long story short my car is home with a flat tire hopefully thats all the damage havent really checked it out yet. What a day.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
TunerPro wasn't able to connect to the 7730 ECM using my old OBD-1 to serial cable.

Yeah, I know... "cry me a river", right?
michael1215

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michael1215Send a Private Message to michael1215Direct Link to This Post
Besides catalytic converter falling to pieces and 4 inches of play in the steering rack I obviously rebuilt incorrectly? Ummmm, oh my th125 started slipping through gears today! I do have a full parts car not far from me for a couple hundred bucks. Maybe a getrag swap now???
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock