Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
What Went Wrong With Your Fiero...TODAY ? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 08-24-2008 03:02 AM
Replies: 443
Last post by: exoticse on 03-21-2013 03:17 PM
StockGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StockGTSend a Private Message to StockGTDirect Link to This Post
Today on a run for Lotto tickets and Gas, my Duke engine stumbled for a moment. Looking at the Dash, the Check Wallet Light came on, flashed a few times then went out. After getting back Home, checking the ECM for codes, found #44, Oxygen Sensor Circuit - Lean Exhaust. For the last two weeks, the fuel pump seemed louder and sounded different. I think the car still has the factory fuel pump at 167K miles.
IP: Logged
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post
After not even touching it for almost 2 months (ive been super busy) I got in it to fire it up and noticed the clutch pedal had absolutley no resistance and went all the way to the floor with ease!! Great!!
She started right up...but of course I cant put it in gear!!!
Im guessing my slave is shot?? I have inspected the system and there are no leaks.

Thats what I get for not paying her any attention...shes punishing me now and making me pay attention.

------------------
Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
LR caliper started showing more signs of leaking a lot more. ordered a new one from the fiero store. snapped my ebrake cable connector. now my cables are lying on the ground. DOH!

oh, and my welding job snapped. pass side tip is hanging again

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

ss85fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ss85fieroSend a Private Message to ss85fieroDirect Link to This Post
Finally get a sunny day, and dang the bad luck, the car started right up after a month of sitting in the garage. I was then forced to have to take her out for a cruise. Man that just absolutely sucked! Then after that, the Trans Am got jealous, and i had to pop off the t-tops and take her out for a cruise as well. I just don't think i can deal with sunny days anymore.

------------------

87 fiero gt 4.9
99 trans am ws6
86 s/e (3800sc swap coming soon)

Renegade blob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobDirect Link to This Post
Going up the on ramp I tried to go into 5th and kept getting 3rd. pulled over at the next exit and started to limp home; then I lost 3rd, then 4th. I went about 3 miles in 2nd gear. (reverse is gone too)

Thinking one of the cables got loose from mounting. Oh well, I'll figure it out tomorrow
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
my engine started making a noise im not comfortable with. and knowing the previous few engines and their short lifespan/outcome from the previous owner (my brother merlot566jka) i got into a long argument and we agreed ill let him have the car back, and he pays me back what i paid for it and i get to keep what i put into it. so now i am going to save for another fiero gt.

well anywho, here is a video of the **** going wrong.

Shad0wguy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
After finishing my battery relocation I start the car to the tune of a 2500rpm idle. Have to figure out what is causing it.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

my engine started making a noise im not comfortable with......well anywho, here is a video of the **** going wrong.

[/b]

That noise sounds external, especially when it's 1st shut down. Muffler or Cat falling apart ? Have you found it yet ?
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
merlot said it sounds like it could be the timing chain. how it could be in a 06 motor with 8000 miles, i dont know. dont want to figure it out. i just want the dam thing to run.
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
I was picking up a friend from their friends, which is an hour drive. Half way there... I blew my driver's side rear tire. I had to change a tire on the side of a freeway.. what an experience that was.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
I noticed the right side of my exhaust is hanging down. I need to fix that. I don't know if there is a missing hanger or what. I'll have to post pictures tommorow for help.
PFF
System Bot
RCW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCWSend a Private Message to RCWDirect Link to This Post
Clutch slave cylinder went out. Replaced with one from a 1990 full size Blazer. Works Great!
Intel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
Took the Fiero for a loong spin and while in the middle of nowhere my oil pressure went from solid 60psi to 0 in a second.
Stopped the engine and rolled of the road. Reached for my cellphone and realized I left it in my daily driver.

Okay... out of options... Start the car.... let it idle a few minutes....still 0 psi.... listen for noise....none..... Check for oil splashing under the filler cap.... ok, lots of oil coming up....
Drove the car home carefully and then checked oil pressure with an analog gauge..... 65 psi..... order new sending unit from FS and allow my heartbeats to get into the normal range.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
ball joint finally went.. breaks barley work... need new control arm bushings..... and i have to hold my passenger side headlight up with a power ad bottle... the wife dose not like my car... but i love it so I'm going to have a few expensive weeks of car repair lol
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post

IVANNATINKLE

913 posts
Member since Jun 2009
ball joint finally went.. breaks barley work... need new control arm bushings..... and i have to hold my passenger side headlight up with a power ad bottle... the wife dose not like my car... but i love it so I'm going to have a few expensive weeks of car repair lol
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
clutch is slipping ..time for a stage 4 unsprung 6 puck to hold all the power
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
My F308 rebody was working quite nicely before I stored it in my garage for about two years while I was out of the country. When I tried to start it earlier, I had no battery. I rtried to charge the existing battery, but no luick there. With the new battery, the engine turned over but I had no fuel pressure. After pulling the tank, it needed a new fuel pump. When I then drove it, I saw some RPM surges and smell what I believe are brakes. Maybe a vacuum leak and then stuck brake calipher. Storage (even under climate controlled conditions) is not ideal for a car. It remains to see what else will result from the extended stotage episode. Anyone want a nice F308 for their garage?
concrete

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for concreteClick Here to visit concrete's HomePageSend a Private Message to concreteDirect Link to This Post
ran out of gas again! and it showed over 1/4 tank dam I hate it when that hapens

------------------
88 fiero 4.9
86 2.8 sponser of lasvegas fiero club

Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
Nothing.............. just trying to get the new headliner installed. Decided to take a break and finish up tomorrow.

Just want to get it on the road and have some fun.
86sefierottop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86sefierottopSend a Private Message to 86sefierottopDirect Link to This Post
rotated the tires and changed the oil
FormulaQuad4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaQuad4Click Here to visit FormulaQuad4's HomePageSend a Private Message to FormulaQuad4Direct Link to This Post
First post here, happy I found you guys.

I took mine to the local resident Fiero expert here in town because it was running a little rough and while he was checking it out I wanted to make sure everything was tight on it. He calls me a few minutes ago and tells me that he took it out for a drive and it just up and died 3 miles from his house. I was embarrassed that my pride and joy did something so selfish......

Oh, and he had left his Cell phone at the shop prior to test driving it.

He figures its a crank sensor, hoping it is. Cheap fix that way.
PFF
System Bot
Shad0wguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
Noticed my fiero has a nasty habit of smoking from the exhaust manifold. My father thinks it is just burning off crap since it hasn't ran in nearly 3 years, but I am afraid of it catching fire.

Also noticed my engine gets very hot after running for less than 1 minute. I don't know if that is normal for these cars.
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Check your coolant, it may be low.

If it's full, check you coolant tubes that run along the bottom of the car to see if they got pinched by someone putting the jack in the wrong spot.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
could be running lean as well O_o

------------------
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

Shad0wguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

could be running lean as well O_o

Caused by a bad 02 sensor?
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
yea. but usually when i heard anything about a bad O2, it was running rich. so who knows. but doesnt hurt to look into that.

------------------

Steve25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve25Send a Private Message to Steve25Direct Link to This Post
The sunroof leaked for the first time. Well, for the first time from rain only, not from the car wash.
greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Direct Link to This Post
*knocks n wood* a day where nothing went wrong on the Fiero on my end...helps that i didnt have to go anywhere today and she could sit on the side of the road on front of the house 4 once
Rufus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rufus88Send a Private Message to Rufus88Direct Link to This Post
My Fiero only starts when it wants to, other than that I've had to push start it. Don't really know why, battery termals good, I'm clueless unless its a relay somewhere???
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
While at a drive-thru my coupe died and would not restart. I believe the fuel pump gave up the ghost.....just when I finally got a half-way decent alignment and was driving it again too. It never ends!
FormulaQuad4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaQuad4Click Here to visit FormulaQuad4's HomePageSend a Private Message to FormulaQuad4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rufus88:

My Fiero only starts when it wants to, other than that I've had to push start it. Don't really know why, battery termals good, I'm clueless unless its a relay somewhere???

I had this problem with one of my early Fieros. Problem was that there was almost total corrosion inside one of the battery cables but it looked nearly perfect at a normal glance. There were 4-5 strands of copper holding the battery lug to the cable itself.
PFF
System Bot
FormulaQuad4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaQuad4Click Here to visit FormulaQuad4's HomePageSend a Private Message to FormulaQuad4Direct Link to This Post

FormulaQuad4

83 posts
Member since Aug 2009
AARRRGHHH!!!!!! I just got my car back after having to replace the ignition module (See above post 5-6 up), it ran great last night and this morning but then I took it to the tire place to have the tires balanced and when they backed it out the thing wouldn't idle right, wouldn't go faster than 20 mph, was backfiring when you would rev it up and let it settle back down. Had a tow truck take it back to Darth Fieros shop for the next round of fixits. Grumble, grumble, rant over.

Edit: turns out it was a fuel injector suffering a random death. 90.00 got it back on the road, could be worse.

[This message has been edited by FormulaQuad4 (edited 08-27-2009).]

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
What a false sense of security the Fiero can lead me into. After driving 100 miles to the mall of america and 100 miles back home, I thought I would take the Fiero over to a friend's house for the night. I thought I noticed a slight miss on the way back from MOA, turns out that half way back home from my friend's house it died on me. Pulled over to the side of the road and found out I didn't have spark anymore. Oh well let's hope its just a new coil pack. Have to check it out tomorrow.
RCW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCWSend a Private Message to RCWDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if this went wrong or got fixed
A/C blowing warm.

Evacuated and charged the A/C with our nifty automatic machine at work. No leaks so recharged it and It really blows cold air now. Must have had some mosture or air in the system from the R12-R134 conversion last summer.

I will post in "What did you do to your Fiero" too. Jsut make sure all bases are covered.

[This message has been edited by RCW (edited 09-01-2009).]

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Someone was in the right turn lane with agreen arrow and decided to sit and wait at the light to go straight instead. So I honked my horn, only the horn didn't make a sound. No idea why.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Passenger side exhaust hanger broke and the passenger side tip is hanging low now... sigh.
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
Brakes and clutch both went out. Piffle.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
My clutch feels weird, and has been since I got it back from the exhaust manifolds and suspension install work. It's also making a squeeky noise when I let the clutch out under power, and is making a deeper growling noise when pressing it down. Clutch in, 1st gear, rev to about 2K-2500 and car starts rolling. I wonder if they mucked something up with the cables when working on the front side of the exhaust or dropping the cradle to do the suspension, or if it's just finally starting to go bad after 22 years.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
For some reason whenever I try and load up page 6, IE Crashes and wont let me read it... damn thing just keeps reloading the page "Restoring" etc... I sent PM to Cliff, I believe Im running the latest 8.x version of IE dunno, if you can read this post your better than me, or just running Firefox
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i fcked up my oil dipstick tube. had a flat of metal welded on, but in the wrong place.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock