Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! by revin
Started on: 02-09-2010 10:41 AM
Replies: 483
Last post by: josef644 on 05-30-2010 08:31 PM
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I am getting that itch again, Must mean the Round-Up is coming!!!!
MAY 14th - 16th 2010

everyone invited (with or without a Fiero)
Tons of fun
Great roads to "play" on
good Fiero buddies to talk with
make you plans soon!!
Registration form:...see below

Hotel :::Howard Johnson Inn and Suites
6815 West US Highway 90
San Antonio, TX 78227
210-675-9690

and other important info to come soon!! ( I hope)

3-9-10 here is an update:
I have procured a new lodging location for this years Roundup.... approximately 1000 feet east of the old location! Our new lodging location is the Howard Johnsons Inn and Suites. For those that remember the rates from last year at the old location and thinking they were good but not great, well how does 55 Bucks per night sound!

BAMM....there you go! Advertised rates were 75 Bucks per night but after some discussion, they dropped it by 20. Mentioning the fact that we were coming over from the other location where we had been lodging for YEARS might have helped the effort a bit.

I blocked a total of 20 rooms so get your reservations in quickly as if we need more, they will be accommodating, as long as it is early enough.

The cutoff for the $55.00 rate is May 5th.

WHEN YOU CALL in to set your reservation, DO NOT select option 2 for reservations. This will forward you to a national call center which WILL NOT honor the discounted rate. SELECT option 0 and make the reservation with the desk clerk. Our event is under my name ROBERT WHITE and they will take it from there.

Remember, if you even think you might be coming, make the reservation. You can always cancel the reservation if something comes up without penalty as long as it is like 24 hours in advance. BUT, if you wait till after the 5th of May to make the reservation, then you will NOT get the discounted rate.

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites
6815 West US Highway 90
San Antonio, TX 78227
210-675-9690

So... get off your kesters and call in and make those reservations and get those 20 rooms out of MY NAME and off of MY credit card and onto yours so I can breath a bit easier! If you have any issues, let me know.

Registration form:

TO ENTER A VEHICLE IN THIS YEARS ROUND UP XIII, CUT AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING ENTRY FORM, FILL IT OUT AND MAIL IT TO:

ROBERT WHITE / AAFO
11016 LADD ROAD #1
ATASCOSA, TX 78002

PRE- REGISTRATION FOR ROUND UP XIII

NAME: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

ADDRESS: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

CITY: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

STATE : _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ZIP: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

PHONE : _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

EMAIL : _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

FIERO : YEAR _ _ _ _ _ _ _ COUPE ___ SE ____ GT ___ FORMU LA ____

T- SHIRT SIZE S M L XL Circle One

Additional Shirts available for $15.00 Each

How many and Size(s)

ENTRY FEE IS $ 30. 00 AND INCLUDES PERSONALIZED PARTICIPATION PLAQUE WITH A COLOR PICTURE OF YOUR CAR AND ONE LIMITED
EDITION T- SHIRT .

MAKE CHECK OR MONEY ORDER OUT TO AAFO.
PUT FIERO ROUND UP XIII IN THE REMARKS SECTION

MAIL ENTRY FORM AND PAYMENT TO:

ROBERT WHITE / AAFO
11016 LADD ROAD #1
ATASCOSA, TX 78002

------------------

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 04-12-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
I should be in! Fiero's on the road, just need a few more fixes before I feel safe enough to really drive the piss out of it.

Let's see:
Gas gauge
Temp gauge
Driver's side CV axle
New control arm bolts rear pass. side

I think that's about it. Oh yeah, I still need to find the time to head up there and take a ride in your swapped Fiero.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
in pieces now...just trying to get a completion date for this thing, so I will have a goal to put it together by
not to worry it will be there

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I would like to have mine done by then... Hopefully, I will have mine potty trained this year and it won't be leaking coolant everywhere.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Welp, got my CV axle and coolant temp sender ordered, along with a new coolant temp sensor and pigtail. I also found a fastenall dealer here in SATX so I can get the bolts I need. I'm planning on having this ugly little cuss running in top form in time for the shindig. Just do yourself a favor and refrain from pointing your cameras towards the white Fiero, I can't be held liable for damage done to equipment or mental scarring to your psyche.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GS Jon:

I should be in! Fiero's on the road, just need a few more fixes before I feel safe enough to really drive the piss out of it.

Let's see:
Gas gauge
Temp gauge
Driver's side CV axle
New control arm bolts rear pass. side

I think that's about it. Oh yeah, I still need to find the time to head up there and take a ride in your swapped Fiero.

If slow poke doesn't have his car ready I will give U a ride in a fast swapped Fiero. Don't worry about having an ugly car as I usually keep that covered with mine.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for this year! Might bring 2 Fiero's if I get the XTC done. May bring a couple other El Paso Fieros as well.

Pat

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

in pieces now...just trying to get a completion date for this thing, so I will have a goal to put it together by
not to worry it will be there

Anyone from AAFO chime is as to whether or not there will be a Round-up?

Haggerty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaggertySend a Private Message to HaggertyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Anyone from AAFO chime is as to whether or not there will be a Round-up?

It is the topic of discussion for this month's meeting about where it will be.
It has been mentioned that the PepBoys it was previously at would love to have us come back again.
Other recommendations have been to have it in a high visibility area.
There will be a round up this year, just need to work out the details at the next meeting (Feb 28)
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I'm in for this year! Might bring 2 Fiero's if I get the XTC done. May bring a couple other El Paso Fieros as well.

Pat

Hmmmmm.....this just might happen. Caravan out there Pat?
reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtDirect Link to This Post
How about having it at the forum shopping center? They always have Corvette shows there. Plus there is a lot of room there. Would I35 north be too far?
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
How come everywhere but california has a active fiero club?
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
X2

Originally posted by reborngt:

How about having it at the forum shopping center? They always have Corvette shows there. Plus there is a lot of room there. Would I35 north be too far?

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

If slow poke doesn't have his car ready I will give U a ride in a fast swapped Fiero. Don't worry about having an ugly car as I usually keep that covered with mine.

Ha! Sounds like a plan.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
wonder who he is talking about?

Who knows....MAYBE there is a reason for the car in pieces? I did not say if it was body or engine...

I know Rob likes to keep it with the friends at pepboys, but I WOULD like to see it in a high volume place. Like that country place by 410/ I35 where they always seem to have a show, but not ours.

I know I jumped the gun on this, but it needs to start getting instrest! Maybe someone going to the meeting will print out this thread and it can be used for the meeting as a "Where would you like to gather at" kinda thread.
Then we can make a new one for the dates and times!

Blakey....where are you??

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

revin

8684 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

How come everywhere but california has a active fiero club?

You are more than welcome to make the trip!! we will all be staying in a hotel anyway... hook up with the El Paso guys for a caravan down!!
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
I might be able to house a couple of people if my wife is OK with it. I'll let you all know later. In case anyone's wondering, I live in the Seaworld area of San Antonio.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Blakey....where are you??

I am sitting at Chuy's waiting on you...
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

Stephen I just figured that you had different "swatches" to drive and see which you might prefer. UV durability test panels for getting just the right color.
Of course, MYTHBUSTER proved the "myth" about which color makes the Fiero the fastest.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

hehehe..are you talking about mine?....the fast part and not the ugly....lol

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 02-10-2010).]

86gtzone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gtzoneSend a Private Message to 86gtzoneDirect Link to This Post
I do believe I will be able to make it also.
PFF
System Bot
reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtDirect Link to This Post
If we would be able to have it a the forum it would be closer for some PFF members that live in Austin, San Marcos,New Braunfels,San Angelo areas. And still being close for all San Antonio members. What about the hooters next to the forum? Just a thought.
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
Count me in....The Fiero won't be there but I will be. I'll bring the HHR down for the drive.

Shelby
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
bump
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Count me in....The Fiero won't be there but I will be. I'll bring the HHR down for the drive.

Shelby

Shelby,
Maybe you need to buy my little Yellow Formula and have one to drive down there.

------------------

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Shelby,
Maybe you need to buy my little Yellow Formula and have one to drive down there.

I didn't know you have a yellow Formula. How long have you had it?
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post
Here is another gathering that I would like to make and think I can, but then in the end something will keep me from being able to make it. Even if I do end up thinking I can make it, I would likely have some trouble on the way there. Like a hood or body panel flying off, it raining, going def, heat rash on my neck from the headers, or numerous pullings over by the highway patrol.

I am pretty sure i could win the gold for the ugly category.

------------------
'84 3800SC, XP cam, 3.2 pully, HPTuners, N* TB, 4sp, SPEC 3+ clutch, Aluminium flywheel, pacesetter headers, F355 body kit, weight reduction

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
coo! sounds like we have the makings of the 1st ugly Fiero showing at the roundup>!

joking.

I will leave some dirt on mine to "fit in" with ya'll
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post

coo! sounds like we have the makings of the 1st ugly Fiero showing at the roundup>!

joking.

I will leave some dirt on mine to "fit in" with ya'll

I meet the ugly part even without the Fiero.

Steve I just bought a 94 Bonneville for the supercharged 3800. If I buy another car I think Lisa will strangle me while I sleep. LOL

Shelby
Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Is Rob still involved w/ AAFO?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Lots of work going to be done on the Fiero this weekend. Can't wait! Oh, and if anyone here has a hardtop fiero parts car, let me know! Heck, I'll give you all my sunroof components in trade (well, except a headliner backer board, since I don't have one)!
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GS Jon:

Lots of work going to be done on the Fiero this weekend. Can't wait! Oh, and if anyone here has a hardtop fiero parts car, let me know! Heck, I'll give you all my sunroof components in trade (well, except a headliner backer board, since I don't have one)!

Jon, I think Revin has one, or he did anyways
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
yep come get it! well just the roof ( it's off the car)

yeah rob is still in charge of that group. should we put you down for coming Joel??? come on come say hi to the folks and see us as well
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Jon, I think Revin has one, or he did anyways

yeah rob is still in charge of that group. should we put you down for coming Joel??? come on come say hi to the folks and see us as well

You guys are awesome, I could kiss the both of you, LOL. Revin, how much would you like for it? Would you like my sunroof top and hardware in trade?

Next question, and this is no pressure: Is there any way I can drive my Fiero out there, we can strip off the old roof, and install the new hardtop? I've been told that trying to ship roofs is a delicate and dangerous proposition. I'd be happy to compensate you for your time!

You guys just made my day, this is fantastic!
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

I want to get over there this year. I was gonna go last year and my wife broke her leg. I had to work her shift where she worled for 6 months. I just need the date so I can set this up. I have two overnights twice a month.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Poor wife.... teach her to talk back about you buying a Fiero and going all the way to Florida to get it.
I hope to make it also. Hopefully in a Fiero, just not sure which one.

------------------

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Poor wife.... teach her to talk back about you buying a Fiero and going all the way to Florida to get it.
I hope to make it also. Hopefully in a Fiero, just not sure which one.

bring the son with the xtc!!
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

I didn't know you have a yellow Formula. How long have you had it?

I'll have to check when I got it. Been driving the wheels off the dang thing. It has a 5-sp and you know I like auto. It turned out to be SO much nicer than I expected.

Revin-bring the son with the xtc!!
That would be Pat from El Paso.

------------------

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 02-12-2010).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Poor Formy... LOL.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

I'll have to check when I got it. Been driving the wheels off the dang thing. It has a 5-sp and you know I like auto. It turned out to be SO much nicer than I expected.

Revin-bring the son with the xtc!!
That would be Pat from El Paso.

Planning on bringing the XTC if I can get the 4.9 swap done in time and the Formula. I think Dan aka Frizlefrak is thinking about it too. Not sure if he'll bring the 4.9 Coupe or his GT. I think he should bring both!!!!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock