Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! by revin
Started on: 02-09-2010 10:41 AM
Replies: 483
Last post by: josef644 on 05-30-2010 08:31 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:
Was hoping to talk to you about the 3 Sisters route - wanting to take a fun run on Sunday after the breakfast.

Call me. 830 792 6649. Its a fun rub that is a must do. My last road rally got rave reviews. Three Sisters put it to shame. You can also Google Three Sisters but I added on to it, .
IP: Logged
AAFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AAFOClick Here to visit AAFO's HomePageSend a Private Message to AAFODirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

Hopefully everyone has made it home safely and without incident.

We had lady luck smiling on us for the entire weekend. After 9+ inches of local rain in the San Antonio Area on Friday, the clouds parted and granted us reprieves on all three days, Friday evening for the local cruise in at Biffs on the NE side, the Show and Shine and Cruise event on Saturday and the Awards presentation and wrap up on Sunday.

Weather was threatening on Sunday at the conclusion but never manifested itself in our area although I am sure those heading west had to encounter some heavy rain.

We had a total of 25 Fieros show up for this years event from all corners of the state and all seemed to have a great time.

We would like to thank all those that attended, that WANTED to attend and kept the interest in our gathering up thru the months leading up to the event.

Until next year.......

------------------

Alamo Area Fiero Owners
San Antonio, Texas
aafosatx@sbcglobal.net
All Fieros, All the Time

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Just got in and settled down daughter back home and getting ready for bed so I figured I'd post the few promised pictures.
I'll show the photo then a link to the full size below it.

Get Photo Here

Get Photo Here

Then the Ride home We took a nice drive up 16 to Enchanted Rock. WOW what a place. Over 400 feet tall.

Get Photo Here

Mark From Lewisville.

Get Photo Here

One NTFC Challenge complete. Next up.... Ropes Course

Get Photo Here

enough from me tonight. I'm tuckered.
Stu
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
We're home. Just.
Home to Roundup-261 miles.
Roundup return trip home-513 miles.
We took the scenic route home.

We had a great time--as always--at this annual hallmark event--and look forward to the next one with us in an Indy.

It was really great to se everyone again--even tho my rear powered mobility device left a lot to be desired this time..

Cruise group from the back of the pack:

Our host, being gracious as ever. (semi-retirement seems to suit him)

Taco Cabana has been the site of the Sunday gathering for so long, their plants have started growing AAFO plaques!

I'll post some more tomorrow, but gotta go to bed now.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Glad you are home Don, stay IN the house, not UNDER the dang thing. We will be there next year. (edit: can not speel this morning)

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 05-17-2010).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Woo what a time we had!!
started out with a little rain/ floods in S.A. but the gods shined on us for that fri. night and on to the rest of the weekend!
Another fine Round-up! I just wish the Host or the leader of the road course knew where the road went! ha ha

All was fine till some of the left over water on the road hit my clean car.( I think that was 3 washes in three days!! a 1st.)

Don, we should have put a PFF sticker on the wheelchair! lol

It was so nice NOT seeing Smooth still. I hear he lives in Texas....but never see him. Hummm he must be living the mustang dream of owning a Fiero

Fun time! I will post my few pics later!
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all you out of towners for being here at Round-Up XIII. I think it was a great time for all, great to see old friends and just as great to meet some new ones. We had two 16 year olds both suporting their first car and their first Fiero, nice 86 and 87 GTs. After 26 years GM was able to kill the PONTIAC, but the Fiero lives on. I am proud that one of those 16 year olds is my grandson and he loves his Fiero. The only thing is Kevin is his hero, whats up with that? Thanks again to all you wifes and girlfriends who support us in our ongoing love afair with a car at one time no one wanted to claim they owned one of. Now most of them wish they did.

DARKWING,
aka, Mike Parker
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Glad weather held out for y'all. Sure thought about coming down anyway on Saturday.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Splashdown!!

The El Paso guys are home safe and.....well, sane isn't necessarily accurate....what kind of lunatics drive 24 year old cars cross country??? ......safe and sound is better.

Pat and I decided to enjoy our time in central Texas and did the "Three Sisters" run on Sunday. Very glad we did....we had a blast.....though Ms. Friz was a little green in the gills on some of the twisties. Pat even got a pic of his Formula with kangaroos in the background....wasn't expecting that one. I'm sure he'll post pics shortly. We went as far as Ft. Stockton last night and then on into El Paso this morning. Cars ran flawlessly.....my trip meter logged in 1429 miles on this run. I'm ready to do it again. My car SERIOUSLY needs a bath....I brought some of the San Antonio areas wildlife home with me.....on my front bumper. Not to mention an inch of liquified topsoil

Anyhow, just wanted to thank the AAFO for inviting and having us, and for a wonderful time. And another thanks to all the members from all over that made us feel so welcome. Ms. Friz and I really enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to doing it again next year.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Frizlefrak

2921 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Frizlefrak's Texas Wildlife Relocation Program

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Dan, it was good to meet you and Pat.
Now when you guys talk about your projects we can put faces to names.
I met some other good people, too who I have talked to on the forum but never met before.
Good time in SA.
Mike
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Dan, it was good to meet you and Pat.
Now when you guys talk about your projects we can put faces to names.
I met some other good people, too who I have talked to on the forum but never met before.
Good time in SA.
Mike

^^^^^Me too^^^^^^
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Ah...... Finally a few minutes to sit on something that is not moving!. I went right from driving a Fiero to working on one - it never ends. That's another story (not the Formula) - Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to Robert, Mike, all the AAFO members, the North Texas bunch and everyone else that made us feel like part of the family this weekend. We had a great time and really was not ready to go home. The 3 Sisters was awesome. FM335 is the best of the 3 - like a roller coaster! If you have not done it, I highly recommend it. To top it all off, we got to see some camels, giraffes and a whole bunch of kangaroo's - no where but Texas!

We had a few rain drops going home but by 1:00 it was clear and sunny. We went up 16 - stopped in Medina at the apple store then on to "Cliffville" then over to 1340? I think... to 41. Stopped at the Garven store and bought some jerky for the boys. After that it was over to the 3 sisters and drove those little cars all over the place. Pretty impressed with these cars. Not a problem one and in 1450 miles I only used 1/2 qt oil - most of it chasing Revin to Bandera!

I have to give Kudo's to Dan and I's better halfs.... They were troopers and did not complain at all even though the roller coaster ride gave them a little stomach problem, they let the boys have fun. I have more pics and some good video that I will post later tonight.

Again, Thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend! Already making plans for next year.

Pat
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
A few more before the next round opf thunderstorms get here.

From Show and Shine:

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69648 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Show & Shine cont'd:

I was really glad the owner brought this "naked" Fiero. I have never seen one in person, with the panels off, and it answered a lot of questions I had about removing them & I have a feeling we are going to see a real transformation on this car in the next year.

Lining up for the cruise:

Restraunt at midpoint of cruise-Bandera Texas. Lots of smiles.

If I missed your car, I apologize. Each and every one of them looked great and unique!!
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few more!

Closing Ceremonies!

Saying Adios!

A visit to Stonehenge:

Roo's and Formulas in Texas!

Packing for the last leg home - an overnighter in the megatropolis of Ft. Stockton.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Is that Clinton W. with Ice Hot? It's still for sale, right?
fierosa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosaClick Here to visit fierosa's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosaDirect Link to This Post
We are trying to convince Clinton that it would be a mistake to sell his beloved "Ice Hot"

Clinton and Dottie are the newest members of the club and we hope to keep them around for a while!

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

------------------
Rob White, Atascosa Texas

The Pontiac Fiero, Americas Go-Cart for Grownups....

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I talked to he and his better half Sat morning and it was my understanding, that they had decided to keep it.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
well he said everything is for sale! with the right price! I would say 10,000 is a fair price for that very nice car! IF he could get that.

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 05-19-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
kev... if he wants 10k then trade your fiero PLUS another 7k and call it even...
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

kev... if he wants 10k then trade your fiero PLUS another 7k and call it even...

[I would say that is a fair price for theat very nice car!]

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
looking for more pics
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I have a few from my trip to Alanta Ga on Monday then back on Tuesday if you wanna see them?.......Had a good time at the show and was good to see everyone again...As usual we made the best of the trip back and the weather was great up till the last leg of the trip where the bottom fell out.....
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
If I could have gotten this answered:

Originally posted by GS Jon:

Went back a few pages and looked for a schedule of events, but didn't see anything during a quick scan. What else is planned for the night? I'd like to drop by if possible to say hello, but unfortunately the Fiero is still up on jackstands waiting on me to finish the cradle bushing install (fronts are done, just gotta get the bolts in) so it won't make it.

I would have loved to drop by and meet everyone for the other events. Ah well. Glad everyone enjoyed themselves.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
sorry! even I did not know everything!
pepboys on marbach . easy to find just should have shown up in the morning time! we left around 3pm in the heat of the day (hope we can cruise sooner next year! hint hint Rob )

I'm still kickin that roof around......
AAFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AAFOClick Here to visit AAFO's HomePageSend a Private Message to AAFODirect Link to This Post
Even I could not find a posting of the schedule, so my fault! Will do my best to ensure it does not happen again.!

We will be having our regular club meeting on Sunday the 30th at the Dennys at Hwy 90 and Military at 3pm if you can make it.

RDW

Originally posted by GS Jon:

If I could have gotten this answered:
I would have loved to drop by and meet everyone for the other events. Ah well. Glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

------------------

Alamo Area Fiero Owners
San Antonio, Texas
aafosatx@sbcglobal.net
All Fieros, All the Time

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
ok ok, here's some pics!
B Fast before rollin

ok... rollin to Round Up!

Aawww, some open road! Redline, Redline!!!

Guess the dead end sign meant dead end…

TWISTY’S!

Over the river and through the water, to Round Up well go…

At Salt Lick in Driftwood for some grub…

Revin probably tell n someone, “no, I’m cool”… whatever…

Let’s GO!

Well, we made it and Now off to Biff’s for a show and some food!

Not real sure about this street name…

Revin’s probably sayin, “ya, its fast” … whatever

Just no words for this…

GG4

Well, other that my really, really tall wing, that’s it…

Someone can’t be with the group!

Chow time!

Now… I wonder who took my camera???

“my future’s so bright, I gotta wear shades”

More chit chat after din din

Again Revin's probably still sayin, “ya, its still fast” again, whatever!

All for now.. more later…
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

AutoMark

496 posts
Member since Jan 2005
. double post... oops

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 05-21-2010).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
AutoMark
I enjoyed the pic's and the commentary!
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:
AutoMark
I enjoyed the pic's and the commentary!

Thank you! Bout time I get some props for my work! lol
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Now that's a good pic...

Originally posted by AutoMark:
Now… I wonder who took my camera???

all i can think about is the commerical with the two older gentlemen comparing scares.
"brain surgery - they went up thru the nose"

Guess the dead end sign meant dead end…

i think blake was smoking crack for taking us down CR107, i looked on google maps and you
can clearly see that road turn into a dirt road right at the gravel pit. we would have to continue
straight down the dirt road and not go through the gravel pit. i don't know about you last time
i check my Fiero did not come with 4x4 option.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 05-21-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Day 2…

At bfast

At the show!
o… let me smile for camera, like I’m happy to shine this… when what I really want is to go sit under the tent…

I’m sure there a caption that could go with this, hum…

CAUTION! Nudity!

El president a of NTFC

Ya ya, Revs. HEY! DID YALL NO HE DON’T HAVE WIPERS! Ya, exactly what I thought, wo ho.

Ok… THE pics you have been waiting for! GG4 ALL shined up, and SEXY!!! So, get your family, call your friends over, and, scroll slowly
Are ya ready???

Whoa! Weren’t those pretty! YA!... ok now to ruin it and bring ya down, who else, Rev

Ok, back to the show

And what would a Fiero gathering be without, repairs….

More show

FINALLY, off to din din! But, cruise first!

Ok, that was short… waitin for the stragglers…

Back on the road…

Now, who’s suppose to say cheese?

Always got to be an oddball that wants to fit in!

Jim, your way to happy, THAT AINT A Fiero!

Waitin again…

Tommy! I didn’t know you had a place down here!

And, waitin again…

Now, who again says cheese???

Are we sure this is the way???

Hum… still not sure this is the way…

Ok… maybe we’ll try this way…

No? ok, this way???

I KNEW, it was this way! No one EVER listen to me!

Yep, see I told yall!

MAN DOWN! Sorry dude, were hungry! We’ll send a tow truck back for ya…

Aawww, twisty’s!

And… waitin again…

Ok, all together, time for some open road, and speed (of course I mean within the confines of the law…  )

Looookkk, someoneone tryin to catch GG… HA!

o… I feel a wait come n on…

Yep
And…and…and… waitin, again

O, this is gonna be a while…

Wait! Aint the captain suppose to stay with the ship???

Well, what can we do while we wait…
Pop out the sun roof?

Play pirate?

Pick flowers?

Watch the airplane?

Stare at GG?

Um… watch the asp???

NO! Take a pic of someone peeing! Now that sounds, FUN!!!

It looks like we’re ready, again

Yep, we’re rollin!

Some much for that, waitin again…
“hey elsie, ya bell, you ever seen this many Fiero’s? Nope…

Ok, ok… rollin and restaurants around the corner! YAY!!!

ALRIGHT! Here and the guys look excited!

Wait…

PERVS!

The restaurant..

Stu’s just gotta jump in the conversation

Lets see.. Rev must be board… Cause the cucumbers are FLYIN!

At least he cleaned it up…

Nope… just put it in Blakey’s chair

He looks like he don’t trust us! Just sit down! Lol

Back to the conversation…

“no really, its this big! Ask the misses or Poe”

Someone’s thirsty, no Debb, I don’t need a sip…

Rink, rink, rink!

Now, Some may think that, well, these events are about cars, cars, cars… BUT you couldn’t be more wrong! Its about the love! Love for speed, Fiero’s, and, well, each other… (Have a vomit bag ready)

Wow! I warned ya….

Ok, dinners done, time for some more chat n outside…

The 2 presidents talkin…
“now, to really impress your flock, you have to have a really, really tall wing”

Now… these next 2 are really disturbing.
People, I give you the real, Revin Kevin….
This little girl tried to bring her dad a flower, when she noticed Rev was gonna hit him!

After she cried out “no!’, well, Rev did this…

Now, good thing that the Fire Dept was there, she was pulled from the fast movin flood waters, and made it!

Planning the RIGHT route back,

And headin to the hotel for R and R!

All for now… final and last day, day 3, to follow….
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Great pics Mark.....
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

now that's an awesome pic.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 05-24-2010).]

Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post

That was me.

My AFR was over 18, so I pulled over, checked a few things, then flashed the PCM adding 50% more fuel. That got it back down to ~13. I decided not to chance it anymore and drove back

------------------
'84 3800SC, XP cam, 3.2 pully, HPTuners, N* TB, 4sp, SPEC 3+ clutch, Aluminium flywheel, pacesetter headers, F355 body kit, weight reduction

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I think I was wrongfully misrepresented in several photos.

I guess I have to try again to download mine
mark now has a pm
Egor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EgorSend a Private Message to EgorDirect Link to This Post
BlackThunderGT,

You have a PM.

Thanks, Egor

------------------

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
I think I was wrongfully misrepresented in several photos...

I dont know what your talkin bout....

besides... a very trustworthy guy gave me the photos.... kinda looked like this...
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

All for now… final and last day, day 3, to follow….

waiting...............
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock