Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! by revin
Started on: 02-09-2010 10:41 AM
Replies: 483
Last post by: josef644 on 05-30-2010 08:31 PM
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

Just came from the last AAFO meeting b4 Round-Up XIII. Next Sunday will meet at Doc Lazors for a plaque party at 10:00 am, BYOT, (bring your own tools). This is the only place you can go to the DENTIST for a plaque party.

This year we will have the first TIME ONLY diversion from the charity support of the "Seeing Eye Dogs." At the family request I will not mention the cause, but it is a good one and worthly of our support and blessings. If your on a shoestring budget we will appreciate and even understand it. If you have a little extra, you are blessed. YOU WILL NOT BE HARRASSED, and/or bothered. If you have a need , please let the AAFO know.

Come to San Antonio, have a great time, meet some of the best people you will ever meet, bless as you have been blessed and/or want to be.

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker
IP: Logged
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post

fieroseblack

1047 posts
Member since Apr 2002
Bye the way, I own page 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Parker
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Any of yuse guys averse to somebody from north of the red river showing up? I've heard at certain times of the year ya'll spray for okies! If I can get the princess to agree, I might try make the road trip down.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:

Any of yuse guys averse to somebody from north of the red river showing up? I've heard at certain times of the year ya'll spray for okies! If I can get the princess to agree, I might try make the road trip down.

We always enjoy when the Okies show up...gives up something to talk about.....
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
As long as its talk and not target practice!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Your in luck this year!!
No guns allowed this year! so all okies can come down safely without fear of a "good ol boy" type of Round-up.
That was a few years back...

Beware of the dreaded "Blake" he will make you feel OVERLY welcome.....;p

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Oh no, I just had images of Blake in “Deliverance”, the movie. I think I threw up in my mouth!
We love you Blake!

Mike Parker
88FieroForm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post
Who said anything about no guns being allowed. I am proud to be a Concealed Handgun Licensee. I will deffinately be armed with mine and I know a few others that will be too. We are all just abiding by our constitutional right ya know. Dont worry though you will be safe
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
We are Texans afterall......
88FieroForm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post
I found this on page 3. Whats up with that???

Well the time is getting closer so lets keep it on top, by everyone posting if they will be there and what they are bringing.
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Got a package from the Fiero Store! Now I can finish the doors on the Formula - Got to check the rear brake pad / replace them do an oil change and load the car with parts and tools and I'll be ready!

T - Minus 14 days!

Pat
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
pat,
what are ya doing? making a brand new fiero??
you have been a very busy boy huh! can't wait to see this "new"car!

AER show in Dallas is a warm up for the Round-Up! come cheer for me and the others good luck!
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Hey Pat.....you have any spare ignition modules? If not I'll pick one up for the trip. Between the two of us, we will have enough tools to overhaul one by the side of the road if needed.

BTW....I still need to flush the coolant on the GT. I came down with a touch of the flu for the last two days and haven't gotten anything done. Maybe Saturday if I'm feeling better. Then I'm as ready for the trip as I will ever be.

I'm seriously looking forward to this......

[This message has been edited by Frizlefrak (edited 04-30-2010).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

pat,
what are ya doing? making a brand new fiero??
you have been a very busy boy huh! can't wait to see this "new"car!

AER show in Dallas is a warm up for the Round-Up! come cheer for me and the others good luck!

With 3 Fiero's "in progress", it's hard to keep track of which one gets what parts! If I am not carefull, I'll get them all done and then have nothing to do...Ha I wish!

AER in Dallas? Heck that's only a 600 mile one way run. I'll have to get up early to make it on time........ Good luck at the show Revin - I'll have to root for you from the West side of the state this time.

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Hey Pat.....you have any spare ignition modules? If not I'll pick one up for the trip. Between the two of us, we will have enough tools to overhaul one by the side of the road if needed.

BTW....I still need to flush the coolant on the GT. I came down with a touch of the flu for the last two days and haven't gotten anything done. Maybe Saturday if I'm feeling better. Then I'm as ready for the trip as I will ever be.

I'm seriously looking forward to this......

Hey Dan,

I have a couple used ones but I will pick up a new one to throw in the bag for the trip. If you need some help tomorrow, let me know. It would be a nice break to work on someone else's Fiero instead of mine. I can't wait either - counting the days - I really need a break! Now get out of that sick bed and get busy!

Pat

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Is there a rain date??
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Is there a rain date??

Call us when you are around Waco and we will let you know...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E

Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post
Got a lot done this weekend, Got my "camera mirror" on the drivers side mounted, fixed my hood so that I can open it without a prybar, and welded up a dogbone.

Bad news is that I discovered a vac leak, I can hear it but can't seem to find it. It is not causing any knock though.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dracor:
Bad news is that I discovered a vac leak, I can hear it but can't seem to find it. It is not causing any knock though.

That sucks
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
My wife just got back from South America. She had matching Fiero shirts made for us to wear. How do I tell her I am selling the Fieros? We all know her aim is dead on when she throws a car spring.
AAFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AAFOClick Here to visit AAFO's HomePageSend a Private Message to AAFODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haggerty:

I wont be able to make it this year, leaving for a TDY to Alabama right now and wont be back until end of May

You will be missed especially since this would have been your first! But there is always next year!

Rob

------------------

Alamo Area Fiero Owners
San Antonio, Texas
aafosatx@sbcglobal.net
All Fieros, All the Time

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
Can we set aside some time to get some "outside the club" attendees and ask "How can we improve the round-up to a higher level."

I have several ideas and I know of at least three others with some ideas that may be a good deal .
during the show part maybe? call everyone over under the shade and talk a little.
Someone take notes!!

Just a thought
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Take a can of carb cleaner and start spraying or use propane or smoke to find the leak. A leak will cause poor fuel trim that cause tons of other issues.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

My wife just got back from South America. She had matching Fiero shirts made for us to wear. How do I tell her I am selling the Fieros? We all know her aim is dead on when she throws a car spring.

Any Luck breaking the news to her..?? Hey are you gonna throw the matching Fiero shirts in the deal with the cars..??

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 05-04-2010).]

Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Take a can of carb cleaner and start spraying or use propane or smoke to find the leak. A leak will cause poor fuel trim that cause tons of other issues.

I tried propane, but it didn't seem to affect the wideband that much (no narrowband O2's). It is jumping all over the place from 15 to 17+ at idle, but since I removed the x-over last weekend, I brought back the dreaded Pacesetters exhaust leak. Which is likely throwing off the WB.
Guess I will just have to weld them...

I will try the carb cleaner and see if that kills the whistle. It is ear-shattering if you rev it up high then close the throttle quickly while standing over it.

How do you do the smoke? Just burn something in the engine compartment and see where it flows to? That might be hard due to the strong gulf breeze thats always present at my house.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88FieroForm:

Well the time is getting closer so lets keep it on top, by everyone posting if they will be there and what they are bringing.

Unfortunately I am going to miss the Round-up this year as I am taking my son to Florida to see the Space Shuttle Launch. I've seen 30 some odd launches so it's not a big deal to me, but with only three left, it might be his only chance to see a humans launched into space on a winged vehicle. It's a shame that it might soon be everyone's last chance to see that.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

I tried propane, but it didn't seem to affect the wideband that much (no narrowband O2's). It is jumping all over the place from 15 to 17+ at idle, but since I removed the x-over last weekend, I brought back the dreaded Pacesetters exhaust leak. Which is likely throwing off the WB.
Guess I will just have to weld them...

I will try the carb cleaner and see if that kills the whistle. It is ear-shattering if you rev it up high then close the throttle quickly while standing over it.

How do you do the smoke? Just burn something in the engine compartment and see where it flows to? That might be hard due to the strong gulf breeze thats always present at my house.

To use smoke they make a smoke machine for this purspose and would not try burning anything in the engine bay to make smoke. You can also use a rubber tube to the ear and go over the engine listening for the leak. Using carb cleaner works well and you will hear the engine reve up with you hit the leak. If the leak it that loud then shouldnt be to hard to find....

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Any Luck breaking the news to her..?? Hey are you gonna throw the matching Fiero shirts in the deal with the cars..??

I would have to, no body can afford to buy them at the price I have. Looks like once you own a Fiero unless you give it away you will always have it. Fieros are like ex wives you have to pay to get rid of them.
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
To use smoke they make a smoke machine for this purspose and would not try burning anything in the engine bay to make smoke. You can also use a rubber tube to the ear and go over the engine listening for the leak. Using carb cleaner works well and you will hear the engine reve up with you hit the leak. If the leak it that loud then shouldnt be to hard to find....

I might try a fog machine lol. The whistle is loud, but since it is so high pitched, it is reflecting off various surfaces in the engine bay. I got a friend coming over today or tomorrow, maybe his hearing is better than mine.

The tube in the ear is another good idea. I bet it will look funny to passer-bys
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Unfortunately I am going to miss the Round-up this year as I am taking my son to Florida to see the Space Shuttle Launch. I've seen 30 some odd launches so it's not a big deal to me, but with only three left, it might be his only chance to see a humans launched into space on a winged vehicle. It's a shame that it might soon be everyone's last chance to see that.

sorry to hear this jon!
but the excitment of watching a rare space shuttle is better.
The boy should love it! Take lots of pics! I know you will be in there close with your badge oh and get there REAL EARLY!! the road there will get conjested very quick!!
Stop by the musuem down the road. they have some nice stuff in there! Oh and take the tour of the space center! real rocket launch simulator!!!
88FieroForm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post
The vacuum leak, check your egr tube. Its usually an issue if its a stocker.
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Gianina and I will be able to make it in a Fiero this year (has not sold). We had a great time last year in the Vette.
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88FieroForm:

The vacuum leak, check your egr tube. Its usually an issue if its a stocker.

A good tip, but I don't have EGR, evap, cats, or any other emitions equipment. Tried carb cleaner, was not able to see any change. Tried the fog machine, but it dissipated too quickly. Pulled the belt off the supercharger too just to make sure it wasn't something it that. Only thing left is the ear tube idea.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

sorry to hear this jon!
but the excitment of watching a rare space shuttle is better.

I have taken my son to the Kennedy Space Center before but this will be his first launch. That will be a memory to hold on to.

As for my car it hasn't changed one bit since the Ruckus or the Round up last year for that matter, so you guys are not missing anything.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I was just looking over "biff's website" it says we have to pay $5 to go to this parking lot. Gets a discount on burgers
It also says no holding spots.
if this is all true, we had better get there early! If needed, I will pay for up to 3 cars that are with me if needed.

but then someone else has to buy 1st round of ritas

Address for us out of towners

Biff Buzby's BurgersAddress:‎

12702 Toepperwein Road
Live Oak, TX 78233-3267

Get Directions
(210) 590-2040
biffbuzbys.com‎

Just off I 35

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 05-07-2010).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T-Minus 7 days until Katatak and I hit the road.

Got new belts on the GT today (there's a job I will let a youngster do next time). I'm gonna flush the coolant tomorrow night, and then it's ready........time to pack the car.

You guys ready to show us desert dwellers a good time?

[This message has been edited by Frizlefrak (edited 05-07-2010).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I'm packed and ready - sitting in the car!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-07-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I'm packed and ready - sitting on the car!

I hope everyone has a safe and good time... I will be there next year.. I PROMISE... I tried to get off work, but running a shift REQUIRES me being there... It sucks sometimes to be needed..lol
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-07-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock