Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! by revin
Started on: 02-09-2010 10:41 AM
Replies: 483
Last post by: josef644 on 05-30-2010 08:31 PM
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
Richard,

Did your daughter go to kindergaten at the small white chuch there on Marbach close to 410? Cause thats where I went to kindergaten. My dad in 71 bought a house over off of Pearsal Rd when the drive in movie theater was at Ray Ellison Dr and 410. Look forward to seeing you there.

Shelby

Edit to add...Page 4 pwned!!!

[This message has been edited by ARFiero (edited 03-09-2010).]

IP: Logged
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Standing rule.....

Owner of 4th page buys 1st round of ritas!

Jose, sorry to hear about your mom. Please forgive the banter Blake and I said about your mother. We did not know and yes it was in poor taste. Blake will buy the 2nd and 3rd round of ritas.

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 03-09-2010).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Room reserved. I like the mid-May dates. Gives me more time to procrastinate on getting my cars finished but may not bring Fiero anyway. May bring grandchildren with me and make it a mini-vacation.
Is there a thread started with just the info and fees?

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I`m going to make my reservation tonight because I am determined to make this event.
I will be in my truck though, because no running Fiero.
Hopefully, I will be able to catch a ride with someone on the cruise for a little Fiero "seat time".
Mike
starlightcoupe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Richard,

Did your daughter go to kindergaten at the small white chuch there on Marbach close to 410? Cause thats where I went to kindergaten. My dad in 71 bought a house over off of Pearsal Rd when the drive in movie theater was at Ray Ellison Dr and 410. Look forward to seeing you there.

Shelby

Edit to add...Page 4 pwned!!!

Shelby, my daughter went to Orange Goose School near Marbach and 410. She had a lisp in 1972 and pronounced it "Orange Gooth Sthcool." My house was a Ray Ellison home and they harrassed me via the Army when I was in Vietnam about something in our closing agreement. They were a self financing builder. I paid $19,000 for that 2400 sq. foot house and my BAH paid my mortgage. I didn't want to sell it but my divorce was nasty. My present wife of 30 years endures my Fiero passion and she will be there too. I look forward to meeting you as well as everyone else.

Cheers,

Richard

ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Standing rule.....

Owner of 4th page buys 1st round of ritas!

Jose, sorry to hear about your mom. Please forgive the banter Blake and I said about your mother. We did not know and yes it was in poor taste. Blake will buy the 2nd and 3rd round of ritas.

Damn..called out for ownage by Revin...Ok I'll buy but you can't get me drunk and make me buy more...well maybe you can..aww hell rita's fer everyone!

Shelby

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Hopefully, I will be able to catch a ride with someone on the cruise for a little Fiero "seat time".
Mike

Well, count Revin out as a riding partner... His Fiero is awfully crowded when riding w/ him because of the size of his head....
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

... and yes it was in poor taste.

as was Joe dragging up sexuality in a thread that it didn't belong in.
Dracor

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post
Nice that is on my long weekend. Gonna be a long 6 hour ride in May with no AC....
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dracor:

Nice that is on my long weekend. Gonna be a long 6 hour ride in May with no AC....

This is one thing on my list to get done on my car before May...Get A/C in good working order and have it blowing atleast 45*.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
a/c sweat like a man! Who ya gonna impress? Blake?
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

a/c sweat like a man! Who ya gonna impress? Blake?

Man after many summers with no A/C there has to be change. This is going to be my MOD for the year to my car.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
make two
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
A/C is the main reason I'm bringing the GT instead of the 4.9 car. I wouldn't mind it that much, but Mrs. Friz would protest on a trip that long.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Kevin... Are you married yet?

------------------
SMTHGT..... aka. SmoothGT.....

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Kevin... Are you married yet?

No but if he was it would be calle a "Civil Union" as they don't accept gay marriage in Tx....
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

No but if he was it would be calle a "Civil Union" as they don't accept gay marriage in Tx....

I am suprised he hasnt moved outta state already...
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
hardy har har
You two should go on the road.............And lay there!
AAFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AAFOClick Here to visit AAFO's HomePageSend a Private Message to AAFODirect Link to This Post
I will have the registration info and all up sometime this weekend. I just got back from a Business Meeting in Houston and the rest of the week is really full.

Entry fees will be the same as last year, no increases.

------------------

Alamo Area Fiero Owners
San Antonio, Texas
All Fieros, All the Time

fierosa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosaClick Here to visit fierosa's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by starlightcoupe:

Shelby, my daughter went to Orange Goose School near Marbach and 410. She had a lisp in 1972 and pronounced it "Orange Gooth Sthcool." My house was a Ray Ellison home and they harrassed me via the Army when I was in Vietnam about something in our closing agreement. They were a self financing builder. I paid $19,000 for that 2400 sq. foot house and my BAH paid my mortgage. I didn't want to sell it but my divorce was nasty. My present wife of 30 years endures my Fiero passion and she will be there too. I look forward to meeting you as well as everyone else.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard, Shelby,

I too went to an Orange Goose School, but it was on Military Drive between Marbach and Hwy 90. It was mainly remembered by us kids because of the two tower fort that they had in the back that was as tall as the building itself. Does that jog any memories?

Rob

------------------
Rob White, Atascosa Texas

The Pontiac Fiero, Americas Go-Cart for Grownups....

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Well, one step closer to being ready for the trip. Looky what showed up on the door step today.....4 new Eagle GT's

Will get my new hides mounted and balanced this weekend. Extra XM kit is on the way too. Will do a coolant flush and belt / hose check before the trip, and she's ready to roll.

Getting stoked about the trip....I know Katatak is too.
PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

hardy har har
You two should go on the road.............And lay there!

whatever....
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosa:

Richard, Shelby,

I too went to an Orange Goose School, but it was on Military Drive between Marbach and Hwy 90. It was mainly remembered by us kids because of the two tower fort that they had in the back that was as tall as the building itself. Does that jog any memories?

Rob

I think you're right, Rob about the location. My daughter lives in Denver and I will send a link to this thread and see if she remembers the fort. Her teacher was a nice looking little red head and I have pictures of her greeting my daughter as she entered the school. I bought the house around the 1st of April, 1971 and went to Vietnam near the 1st of May so I only spent a month in it. It would be a big coincidence if you two went a the same time.

Richard

http://img28.imageshack.us/...hereamiawardgold.png

Edit: sorry about the double quote. My meds haven't kicked in yet...LOL

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 03-11-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

whatever....

hey you shut up SMTHGT... You need to let revin make his own personal choices....
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I just ask that you don't egg the TrailBlazer because it has Colorado plates. Besides, I am a native Texan.

Egg, ?
Tomatoes or nothing.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35920 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by fierosa:
Richard, Shelby,
Rob

I went to Lackland City Elementary school, just outside the back gate of Lackland AFB, on Valley High Drive. Then went to Sam Rayburn Jr High on Cedarhurst. Both while living on Bluffside Dive, south of Hwy 90.
Moved on up to the northside, of hwy 90, and went to Anson Jones Jr High, then John Jay High School.
I remember that Orange Goose.
No room needed for me at the inn. Many family and friends live within ten miles.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, the only thing Colorado about me is my address and license plate. I even kept my ham radio callsign (WB5GSA) for the Texas area so please, no tomatoes. If you do decide to 'tomato' the TrailBlazer, remember that I married a woman 20 years younger than me and she has a wicked throwing arm.

Small world, indeed. I know some of the places you went to school and of course Orange Goose. Funny but my image of that school always includes the cute redheaded teacher. Did I mention that she was easy on the eyes? We lived on Angel Valley Drive in a then-new subdivision. I too have relatives in the area--LaCoste and Floresville. Hope to see you there.

Richard
AAFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AAFOClick Here to visit AAFO's HomePageSend a Private Message to AAFODirect Link to This Post
Registration form:

TO ENTER A VEHICLE IN THIS YEARS ROUND UP XIII, CUT AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING ENTRY FORM, FILL IT OUT AND MAIL IT TO:

ROBERT WHITE / AAFO
11016 LADD ROAD #1
ATASCOSA, TX 78002

PRE- REGISTRATION FOR ROUND UP XIII

NAME: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

ADDRESS: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

CITY: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

STATE : _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ZIP: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

PHONE : _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

EMAIL : _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

FIERO : YEAR _ _ _ _ _ _ _ COUPE ___ SE ____ GT ___ FORMU LA ____

T- SHIRT SIZE S M L XL Circle One

Additional Shirts available for $15.00 Each

How many and Size(s)

ENTRY FEE IS $ 30. 00 AND INCLUDES PERSONALIZED PARTICIPATION PLAQUE WITH A COLOR PICTURE OF YOUR CAR AND ONE LIMITED
EDITION T- SHIRT .

MAKE CHECK OR MONEY ORDER OUT TO AAFO.
PUT FIERO ROUND UP XIII IN THE REMARKS SECTION

MAIL ENTRY FORM AND PAYMENT TO:

ROBERT WHITE / AAFO
11016 LADD ROAD #1
ATASCOSA, TX 78002

------------------

Alamo Area Fiero Owners
San Antonio, Texas
All Fieros, All the Time

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

If you do decide to 'tomato' the TrailBlazer, remember that I married a woman 20 years younger than me and she has a wicked throwing arm.

Ok, ok. Ketchup it is, from a squirt gun, .
Hope to see everyone there too. My life is day by day.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
OK, 4 new Goodyear Eagle GT's mounted and balanced. Brake pads aren't bad, but a little thinner than I want, so now is a good time to replace them. Got the XM kit in the mail, just need to get it mounted and wired. Other than that, check the fluids and the car is ready for the trip...

Hotel reservations are made, will get the entry fee mailed on Monday. Just gotta help Katatak get the XTC finished in time for the trip, load the cars, get Mrs. Friz in the car, and we're ready. May can't get here soon enough.

Hmmmm....might be time for a new camera too.

This is going to be some serious fun.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
POLL

Who IS coming on the Friday the 14th? I was thinking we could go to a local hangout and show that the Fieros are back in town, by hanging out in a large group!!
just a little pre Roundup thing. Give us something to do.

just a poll, this may or may not happen...we'll see colser to the show!

So....

who is up for a Friday hang out party??
blake
steven
revin
charles

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 03-16-2010).]

Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post
What was the deadline for the registration? Planning ahead just isn't my thing.

Things are looking up. I got my battery relocated to the front so now I don't have a 40lb acidic flail in hard turns!
Just need a few more things before I trust it on a long trip, like a front hood.

Should be interesting running the twisties with Held front suspension and stock '84 rear suspension!
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

[b]POLL\b]

So....

who is up for a Friday hang out party??
blake
steven
revin
charles

Katatak and I are planning on driving out Friday.

ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
I will be driving in on Friday as well.

Shelby
JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

POLL

Who IS coming on the Friday the 14th?

Count me in! We need to get the caravan particulars decided from the NTFC group.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

POLL

Who IS coming on the Friday the 14th? I was thinking we could go to a local hangout and show that the Fieros are back in town, by hanging out in a large group!!
just a little pre Roundup thing. Give us something to do.

Will be in Friday sometime along with Blake as we are going to leave in the AM to head that way.

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Should be there around 2 or 3 PM on Friday. I'm game!

Pat

Unless Mrs. Kat and Mrs. Friz decide we need to "stop" and see the sights along the way!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Just made my reservation.
I`ll be there Friday as well.
Mike
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
remember...this "hang-out" is just in the thinking-about-it stage. nothing final yet( or approved)

just getting a feel for who/ how many will be there on friday.

Someone will have to go reserve spaces for all of us. ( big crowd shows up there by 6:30pm I hear) fills up quick!

seems like we would have a large bunch ...... could happen!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock