Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! by revin
Started on: 02-09-2010 10:41 AM
Replies: 483
Last post by: josef644 on 05-30-2010 08:31 PM
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
I was just looking over "biff's website" it says we have to pay $5 to go to this parking lot. Gets a discount on burgers
It also says no holding spots.

Just got in from Biff's we had a great time tonight As for the parking fee of $5 it is well worth it if you are going to eat...they have some great food...also with your $5 coupon you can redeem it without spending more than the $5, as I got a shake and bag of chips tonight for my coupon. I know me and a few other locals are going to be there pretty early to get spots...its true you can't really save spots but most people will not park in our line up if we tell them we have more cars coming.

edit: I own this page...joy joy ;D

[This message has been edited by BlackThunderGT (edited 05-08-2010).]

IP: Logged
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there early...look for the Silver HHR SS.

Shelby
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Some of the AAFO are going to try to show up early. I am shooting for 5:30 - 6:00 pm range. I know Charlie Cintron is going early as well.

Mike Parker
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Aww I wanted a page

I will get my times together this week.

I am meeting with the Blake, who else on Friday?
88FieroForm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post
I too am planning on getting there early, I am hoping this will be a good edition to our Roundup. Biffs is a real nice place with lots of cool cars. See you all soon. Oh yeah and I got approved to be off of work on Saturday so I will be able to be there all day. All you out of towners be careful now

Justin
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Just another note, the food is very good at Biff's. If you guys and gals are on the road, I recomend you snack and save some room. They have Jap Poppers as big as a small baked potato. There whole menu is good. Looking foward to a great ROUND-UP XIII. Thanks again to all you out of towners.

Mike Parker
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Katatak and I are no longer counting the days......we're counting the hours.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Put the charger on the car today it has been on the trailer since spring fling. We are coming Saturday morning what time is breakfast before the show?
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
They are calling for 40% rain on Sat in Austin..... S.A.????

Will this be the first event WITH umbrellas?? Yes I will bring mine AND a large tarp for my car
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

They are calling for 40% rain on Sat in Austin..... S.A.????

Will this be the first event WITH umbrellas?? Yes I will bring mine AND a large tarp for my car

yeah, I would cover that Fiero if it was mine too.... especially at a show...
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Ruh Roh....

http://weather.weatherbug.c...ast.html?zcode=z6286

40% rain in SA as well.
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
note to self( and all reading this) bring a extra towel to wipe wet,dirty S.A. off my car
Kinda like after you drive on th ebeach...hose it off!
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Frizlefrak's list of items to stuff into a small car for a 1200 mile trip....

174: Umbrellas (2)

Well, at least my phantom wipers aren't a problem now
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dracor:

What was the deadline for the registration? Planning ahead just isn't my thing.

Sooo, was this ever decided? Can we bring it to the meet?
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dracor:

Sooo, was this ever decided? Can we bring it to the meet?

Absolutely you can pay reg at the event... though it does help the host plan when you pre-reg.

1 year... I accidentally sent Rob a check for the wrong year... now that truly was a pre-reg!

Kevin... for certain I know of 4 cars in the NTFC caravan.
me
Poe
Slick
Mark
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I would love to be there for this, but unfortunately I have to work. Can one of you NTFC guys get me a T-shirt?
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
can i ride in somebody's fiero? ima try n make it on Friday night. My fiero no workie lol
AAFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AAFOClick Here to visit AAFO's HomePageSend a Private Message to AAFODirect Link to This Post
Kevin,

We have always had this idea in mind with the breakfast and award get-together on Sunday Morning. If my mind still serves me well, (which is questionable) I have always asked if anyone had any ideas or suggestions or complaints. All this aside, my final answer is sure! Ideas are always welcome and can be brought up after the fact for discussion and possible implementation in Roundups to come!

RDW

Rob,
Can we set aside some time to get some "outside the club" attendees and ask "How can we improve the round-up to a higher level."

I have several ideas and I know of at least three others with some ideas that may be a good deal .
during the show part maybe? call everyone over under the shade and talk a little.
Someone take notes!!

Just a thought

------------------

Alamo Area Fiero Owners
San Antonio, Texas
aafosatx@sbcglobal.net
All Fieros, All the Time

AAFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AAFOClick Here to visit AAFO's HomePageSend a Private Message to AAFODirect Link to This Post

AAFO

122 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Ye Old Weather Update.....

As some of you have noticed, there is up to a 40% chance of rain for this weekend here in the Alamo Town. For those of you that think this is a negative, I submit the following "positive aspects"

1. A 40% chance of rain also must be read as a 60% chance of no rain

2. Rain cooled temps are so much better

3. NO Sunburns

4. The effectiveness of your wax or polish is blatantly obvious for all to see

5. All those with the phantom wiper syndrome have the upper hand

6. We have never had a Roundup Event plagued by rain

OK, OK, I was only able to come up with 6 and would love to see this as a top ten, so feel free to add

Also, let me remind you. The weekend is still 5 days away and any of us from San Antonio know that the "Mysterious Cap" that tends to keep the rain at bay is currently in place.

Either way, there is no rain date and the show will go on!

RDW

------------------

Alamo Area Fiero Owners
San Antonio, Texas
aafosatx@sbcglobal.net
All Fieros, All the Time

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Rain ain't gonna scare the El Paso crowd away, so it certainly shouldn't scare the locals. The car is packed with everything except me & Ms Friz' overnight bags. We're hitting the road at sunrise on Friday.

See everyone Friday evening.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
7. No accendents have ever happened @ the roundup due to rain soaked streets.

8. Rain = free carwashes from Blake

9. if it does rain, we can call it the RiverDrive Round-Up ( think riverwalk)

10. no rain means a happy Revin!!! ( and we know how improtant that is..)

So IF my car is dirty and looking worn, don't laugh. I might splash water on your ride.

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Oh and it is looking like Txgood and I will be meeting Blake and crew @the salt lick in driftwood and then on to S.A. check in hotel then cruise to Biffs.

UNLESS it rains, then we will sit in the hotel and get drunk!!!!<<<pending
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

can i ride in somebody's fiero? ima try n make it on Friday night. My fiero no workie lol

I should be by myself and if so you can ride along.....
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

I would love to be there for this, but unfortunately I have to work. Can one of you NTFC guys get me a T-shirt?

What Size? I know most of us pre-ordered.... So I have no idea how many will be available..

Jim

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
This is wifey, Cliff can't make it. Someone didn't show up for work and he is filling in on his off week. He is working nights and may come up Saturday morning for the show and shine but not the cruise.
Cindi
Oh yeah, he said that he want's a T shirt, a medium.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
See you all next year... would yall expect anything else from me.... Everyone have fun, be safe because of the weather, etc....

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
revin or Rob of AAFO,

Can one of you put the information , addresses etc on here for all of us out of town folks that haven't been to a Round Up in S.A. yet? Pep Boys , there are 8 in the San Antonio area.

I located the address to Biff's, but I haven't a clue to where the show and shine will be. Is there a cruise planned? Where will the awards breakfast be held?

How about a hand here fellas.

Thanks
Joe & Cathy
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Great idea Joe....

I'm following Katatak and have a Garmin, but this info would be good for anyone going for the first time solo.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

There is a good map to Biffs here, http://www.biffbuzbys.com/map.html.

Pep Boys Auto Parts
8103 Marbach Road
San Antonio, TX 78227

Hope This helps.

Mike Parker
Mobile: 210-324-9788

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierosmith:

What Size? I know most of us pre-ordered.... So I have no idea how many will be available..

Jim

Medium if possible, thanx!

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Maps, we don't need no stinking maps..... Just kidding - I have everything loaded in the GPS from last year - waypoints, gas stops, where the good Burrito's are, etc.... Packing 2 umbrella's, scuba gear, a rubber raft and a fishing pole - just in case it's the "Big" flood. I wonder how long my Fiero will float - they do make boats out of them! T - Minus 2 days!
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Map

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/2-Q6WFCZ3Soiwdw454SSw*

Map to Pep Boys in S.A.
AAFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AAFOClick Here to visit AAFO's HomePageSend a Private Message to AAFODirect Link to This Post
Cindi,

Yea, let Cliff no he will be missed if he doesnt show even for a couple of hours on Saturday Morning. He can pickup the shirt then as well.

Originally posted by cliffw:

This is wifey, Cliff can't make it. Someone didn't show up for work and he is filling in on his off week. He is working nights and may come up Saturday morning for the show and shine but not the cruise.
Cindi
Oh yeah, he said that he want's a T shirt, a medium.

------------------

Alamo Area Fiero Owners
San Antonio, Texas
aafosatx@sbcglobal.net
All Fieros, All the Time

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Maps, we don't need no stinking maps..... Just kidding - I have everything loaded in the GPS from last year - waypoints, gas stops, where the good Burrito's are, etc.... Packing 2 umbrella's, scuba gear, a rubber raft and a fishing pole - just in case it's the "Big" flood. I wonder how long my Fiero will float - they do make boats out of them! T - Minus 2 days!

Pat....I can throw a couple sets of oars in just to be safe. 0700 Friday we will be at your place.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Rain or shine, Looking forward to meeting everybody...

Can't wait..

Jim
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
What are ya'll waiting for? I am already here and waiting. I am ahead on the Margarita count...Revin and Blake..you have ground to make up in that department. LOL

Shelby
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

What are ya'll waiting for? I am already here and waiting. I am ahead on the Margarita count...Revin and Blake..you have ground to make up in that department. LOL

Shelby

I am thinking of spiking the ritas this time.
now the big question, what to spike it with..........
Ta kill ya
or everclear

one of the two WILL be in there!!!
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post
Well, I found that my crazy AFR is due to my MAF freaking out. I hope I can find an LQ4 or LSx MAF in a junkyard tomorrow. Maybe they won't be as sensitive to the intake turbulence.

The rain is also scary for me...the filter is only mostly shielded from water splashing into it.
And do I want to tow it up there or risk driving it that far? Decisions decisions.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Bad news. maryjane got bit by a copperhead last night. He was gonna come but might not be able to. Just a quick note from me in case he can't post.
Oh, he will be ok and all. I spoke with his wife after trying to return his call.
I am gonna try to make the show and shine. I get off at six AM. A two hour drive each way and I need to be back at six PM. I may just do the farewell breakfast as Sunday morning is my last day for a week. We'll see how I feel.
Enjoy,
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock