Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

If I count in the the 350 motor, Shaved Lambo doors, coil overs, headLight projectors, new set of tail lights and hood extractor ... the budget for sooping up the engine is BUSTED hehehehe the wifey would throw a fit..... next year .... turbo and perf cams and pistons .....

Guess its a good thing that I'm gonna eat that widow this year then hehe If everything works out as planned, I should be pushing 400HP by the time the meet comes 'round

Edit: Page pwnage. Just like I'm gonna do to the Widow

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 02-20-2010).]

IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I am aiming for the slowest stock V6 with the worst off idle hesitation... See goals are easily achievable if you set them low enough...
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

go put a size 13-14 shoe on and try to hit the clutch....welcome to my world

Ha! That's not hard, try it with a size 15 shoe! That is why I went automatic with my Fiero. Gotta love the top of the shoe getting stuck under the dashboard.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 02-21-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Well arnt you 2 proud. Try 17's
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

No kidding right? although I have about average size feet 10 1/2
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Lol i thought they were talking about wheels.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Lol i thought they were talking about wheels.

No, ACTUAL shoes for your feet not WHEELS.
I have factory 14's so you beat me there.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I guess my claim to fame might be the highest mileage attending.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
You still have not fixed that carbon^^^? Jeeeezzzzeeee. I don't know stu...1700 miles for me. But your going to be in a 3800 so you get better mpg's . I can't wait till the drive. Nothing says back problems more than driving a fiero for 1700 miles.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

You still have not fixed that carbon^^^? Jeeeezzzzeeee. I don't know stu...1700 miles for me. But your going to be in a 3800 so you get better mpg's . I can't wait till the drive. Nothing says back problems more than driving a fiero for 1700 miles.

Nah, its not that bad Antuzzi The Fiero is quite comfortable on long highway drives...I'm 6'1" and I'm saying that lol...
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Nah, its not that bad Antuzzi The Fiero is quite comfortable on long highway drives...I'm 6'1" and I'm saying that lol...

I'm 6' 5" and I'm saying that!

Everyone who goes to this event will get to see my custom tail-lights.
PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Hi all here is the Flyer that MinngreenGT and Myself did last night for the upcoming show..more details to come as they are set.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Hi all here is the Flyer that MinngreenGT and Myself did last night for the upcoming show..more details to come as they are set.

Looks good, Kevin. I won't miss this show for the world.

------------------
"Hey guys i'm a total fiero head there my life I have 86 fiero gt that I ve been slowly fixing up well now here I sit at the hospitol with cancer and they can't treat it and not knowing how long I'll be here they say could be till spring or longer or shorter they don't know and I'm just trying to find someway to get it restored before I past I love this car I don't know if people help with these things or not but I figured I ask thanks guys I live in mn my names Tyler shipman and any thought counts you guys are the best" ~ Tyler Shipman

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Being un employed sucks I'm already saving up for the trip. Doing side jobs only pays so much. But I'm up to 200 bucks
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Being un employed sucks I'm already saving up for the trip. Doing side jobs only pays so much. But I'm up to 200 bucks

KEV has had good luck whoring himself out lately... Mechanic's work that is...
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

KEV has had good luck whoring himself out lately... Mechanic's work that is...

I'm pretty cheap to..
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I know cross-posting is against the rules, but I am offering decals in memory of Tyler. These are non-profit meaning you pay what they cost:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/079652.html#p0
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Anyone wanna bet that I spank ALL of the 4 bangers that show up and most of the 6's? I bet I do :-) Poor little 2.0, it's gonna be a very hard saturday for her before a long drive back to indianapolis.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Anyone wanna bet that I spank ALL of the 4 bangers that show up and most of the 6's? I bet I do :-) Poor little 2.0, it's gonna be a very hard saturday for her before a long drive back to indianapolis.

I'll bite And I'll be biting hard, be prepared to lose a chunk outta your arse

Flyer looks good, I'll print some off tomorrow at school and post em up around here Maybe I can convince my shop instructors to come. And maybe I can convince Barry to bring his 70's Nova drag car
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

When are you planning on driving up there?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Edited

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-24-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

After reading this thread, I think you folks are going to have a great time and are doing a good thing but, I have to ask. Has anyone actually counted the number of committed folks coming. Having been to quite a few events and hosted several BGF annual cookouts and lying contests, I know from experience that attendance will only be about 75% of those committing will be attending. Things happen. I haven't committed to any events this year due to economic conditions. I only mention this because I sincerely want this to be a great success. It appears to me that the same folks are commenting throughout the thread but, the actual numbers aren't that high. Don't take this as anything but concern for what should be a great event.

Ron

Ron,

Agreed. I have a suggestion to fix this, but I doubt anyone will like it. Those who are committed to coming should donate $10 to reserve a spot, proceeds go to charity, and its non refundable. I know its $10 for an entry fee to the car show portion, but why not pair that on top of the reservation fee is my question. And again, all proceeds go to charity.

Simply put: You don't show, you lose your $10.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
I like the $10 idea. Either way (with a person showing up or not) the goal is achieved. However, to take the edge off, maybe make it optional. Set up a PayPal or some other account to hold the money and accept reservations.

Just a thought. Not a final thought, but just one.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Edited

Ron

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

I thought long and hard about it before making my previoius comment. I surely don't want to make any comments to take away from this event but, I keep seeing the same names posting and no new names entering into the thread. Which tells me there are several committed individuals but the number of them isn't all that high. Go back and look, count the different screen names that say they are coming then mulitply that by .75.

I'd love to come but, I also know things are working out to allow me much free travel time or money this year. But, I'd still like to see this be a successful event.

The location is a tough one IMO. It's along way from anywhere sporting a major Fiero Club. That and the economy are your enamies. Folks want to come and have a good time while showing off their cars. But, money is tight for most of us and time is precious. My suggestion is to start encouraging other folks in other threads and use other forums if you must. Who cares if the Snowmobile Club of Upper Michigan wants to show up or the Mudders from Ohio. Maybe make it a Pontiac event or a GM event, use your imaginations.
It's all about hosting a successful event.

Ron

I guess then Minnesota Fieros Forever club is not a "Major Fiero Club"..?

Thanks Club President..of MFF
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

KEV

2590 posts
Member since Dec 2000
To me this isn't about the money..it's about showing support and having a good time. If only 10 fiero owners show up I'll be happy. Please let's not focus on the "money" part of this event. Thanks

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4..V8 swap someday.
1997 Grand Prix GTP 161k miles and going strong.
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd For sale
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I agree this isn't about money, its about celebrating Tyler's life and the impact he had on us. And its not like everyone who doesn't post on this thread isn't coming to the event, I sure there will be a big turn-out due too the media's attention on this story.
And if I'm wrong, so be it. I'm still going.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

I guess then Minnesota Fieros Forever club is not a "Major Fiero Club"..?

Thanks Club President..of MFF

My apologies to MFF
Edited the rest out.

Ron

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Ron,

I understand your view point, but I also have to state this. MANY of the Fiero people in MFF are not members of PFF.

And ALL of them have expressed a strong desire to show up for the event.

To add to this, I have been in contact with numerous other clubs both online and offline and passed the story, and the word about the show.

I am willing to bet we will EASILY top 100+ cars at the show this first year alone, just because of the story.

The MN Mazda club here is planning on attending the show, even with their daily drivers (some of which are super nice) to help show support for the cause.

There is interest for this show and the cause. Just because it is not visible here in this one little thread does not mean we won't turn this into something very big.
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

My apologies to MFF but, I haven't seen much activity that I could identify from any specific club in this thread and to be honest, I didn't even know there was a MFF Club. If MFF is like Blue Grass Fieros, the membership is made up of working folks who are struggling to keep things going. Again, I don't intend to take anything away from this event, I sincerely want it to be successful. I'm just going off the number of postings by the same PFF members that I've seen in this thread. If MFF shows up in huge numbers, well I and everyone else will be like a pig in fresh mud, smiling. I am simply noting what I thought was a trend.

Ron

www.fiero.mn.org

We have been around since 1990. We are not a small time club we have been around for sometime. If you ask we do show up in force as a club for event's.

Kevin MFF President
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

www.fiero.mn.org

We have been around since 1990. We are not a small time club we have been around for sometime. If you ask we do show up in force as a club for event's.

Kevin MFF President

Heh, just ask anyone who goes to the Dells about the Minnesota Club. They'll warn you away FAST. :P
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

My apologies to MFF but, I haven't seen much activity that I could identify from any specific club in this thread and to be honest, I didn't even know there was a MFF Club. If MFF is like Blue Grass Fieros, the membership is made up of working folks who are struggling to keep things going. Again, I don't intend to take anything away from this event, I sincerely want it to be successful. I'm just going off the number of postings by the same PFF members that I've seen in this thread. If MFF shows up in huge numbers, well I and everyone else will be like a pig in fresh mud, smiling. I am simply noting what I thought was a trend.

Ron

No, MFF is not NIFE... But we are one of the most active and participating clubs around and not just paying to recieve a newsletter. (no that is not a dig on NIFE... We only have members in 2 countries and a couple of states )

Fierohoho
Carbon
KEV
MinngreenGT
Synthesis
Purple Reign
FieroSTS
GTGeff
FlyingBob
yellowTee
Tina
RacingMan24
Oslo

I know I am forgetting some usernames and there are quite a few more that are not on Pennock's...

Not to mention new friends...

VikingRedBaron
Lynxer
Gilder
and more that aren't local.

Not every conversation about this show has been posted to this forum and not everyone I listed is a 'member' of MFF, not that we really care... There have been contacts made with other clubs that have expressed interest as well...

Don't worry about turnout.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-23-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Who cares if the Snowmobile Club of Upper Michigan wants to show up...

Ron

We don't mind if the SCUM shows up.

Honestly, I know 100% that myself, my wife, and hopefully my kids are going to be there. The part I am having an issue with is figuring out how to get my car there. Dirving it is not an option, it's been off the road for 4 years. It is too costly for me to rent a trailer to tow it on since we are driving my truck. But if I have to be there without my car, I will cry, but I will still be there. I am 100% committed to this.

Andy

------------------
"Hey guys i'm a total fiero head there my life I have 86 fiero gt that I ve been slowly fixing up well now here I sit at the hospitol with cancer and they can't treat it and not knowing how long I'll be here they say could be till spring or longer or shorter they don't know and I'm just trying to find someway to get it restored before I past I love this car I don't know if people help with these things or not but I figured I ask thanks guys I live in mn my names Tyler shipman and any thought counts you guys are the best" ~ Tyler Shipman

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Edited, no further comments

Ron

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Honestly, I know 100% that myself, my wife, and hopefully my kids are going to be there. The part I am having an issue with is figuring out how to get my car there. Dirving it is not an option, it's been off the road for 4 years. It is too costly for me to rent a trailer to tow it on since we are driving my truck. But if I have to be there without my car, I will cry, but I will still be there. I am 100% committed to this.

Andy

Leave it to the Guard to cry in the face of disappointment of a "failed op" hehe

On a more serious note though, it'd be great if you could get your car there, seeing as I have yet to see it. And as I said in the PM i sent, I wanna see that dash

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 02-23-2010).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Andy

Well, lets see. I have four Fieros and only two drivers (maybe). I might consider borrowing one to you if you want a Fiero for the weekend. Do your travel plans to Frazee take you through greater Minneapolis? We can talk later.

Jeff

87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

No, MFF is not NIFE... But we are one of the most active and participating clubs around and not just paying to receive a newsletter. (no that is not a dig on NIFE... We only have members in 2 countries and a couple of states )

What are you trying to say?

No we enjoy your company and we do wish we could get more of our members to participate at your show. I can talk to Jim to see if we can't get the flier and the information up on our site for you guys. When everything is finalized let me know. Or if you want to let Kev and Rob know to pass along the information to Jim and Paul at the MWFC meeting on Saturday that would work as well. I was planning on attending but somethings came up and I couldn't get out of them.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
100% going to be there myself, and if both of mine are driveable at that point my wife will be there too in her fiero. We both have turbo 2.0's
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87 Pegasus:

What are you trying to say?

No we enjoy your company and we do wish we could get more of our members to participate at your show. I can talk to Jim to see if we can't get the flier and the information up on our site for you guys. When everything is finalized let me know. Or if you want to let Kev and Rob know to pass along the information to Jim and Paul at the MWFC meeting on Saturday that would work as well. I was planning on attending but somethings came up and I couldn't get out of them.

We've already got a stack of flyers printed for Saturday

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

We've already got a stack of flyers printed for Saturday

Holy crap the prodigal son returns... Here's a guy with over 11000 posts and only three started threads that are not archived...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-23-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock