Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 26)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
We need a location for ALL ( YES ALL!) unedited pictures to be uploaded to so people can get them for their scrap books. I can set up a spot in my FTP to allow for indexing. And I barely use ANY bandwidth at this time so why not. Send em to me?
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
A good Idea, I can only fit 3 per hotmail sent though, how to send to you? Also since I don't know alot about FTP, would we be able to view everyones and download them from there?
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

We need a location for ALL ( YES ALL!) unedited pictures to be uploaded to so people can get them for their scrap books. I can set up a spot in my FTP to allow for indexing. And I barely use ANY bandwidth at this time so why not. Send em to me?

I have burned a CD of both the build and show piectures for Nellie. I could burn one for you and mail it. I let you figure out how to share via the internet.

Jeff
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I'll set up a home FTP server. Set up a shortcut to put on your desktop then you all can upload them. Once I start collecting them I'll Start putting them on a different server for download by all. When you upload you may or may not see other files sitting there. Please be patient by not downloading what you see since my upload speed is quite limited and with mass uploads it may flag my DSL as running a server which would result in my dsl shutting down. I will upload them as I see them.

What you should do. Put all of the photos in one folder on your computer then back out of that folder rename the folder as your screen name and ZIP the whole folder. This way when others download the file they can simply unzip it into their folder and it will put your photos nicely into a named folder so they know who took them.

So get your zip files ready I'll start the FTP server and provide the shortcut for you ASAP.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Ok the server is OPEN it will not remain open for too long. too much has to be done to allow it to work so This will be a limited time offer for you to upload your photos. anyone who uploads will be given the download links in advance. I want this to work and I want it to be good so I have to entice you to send your pictures.

Ok Here's how it works for those who don't know.
Only use the numbers though 240 9 and 39 instead of the words.
Due to security I have to try to keep it away from bots.
example 12.1.12.123

To make it easy save this file then open it it's nothing more than a link that'll point you there and it'll enter in the username for you and only ask for the password. User name is Tyler's last name. Password is the other word in the name of the file.

Removed.......

Once open simply drag your compressed file onto the FTP screen and drop it. it will then upload and you will see it show up.

If you need help feel free to ask for it.

The current file on it is mine for a test and it's named DIY_Stu.ZIP
please use your user name for the filename this will allow me to send you a PM with Download links in it after a few have been uploaded.

Stu

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 08-18-2010).]

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
Did the Minneapolis TV station (kare 11 NBC) every post their video?

[This message has been edited by RossT (edited 08-18-2010).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
not yet
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
well the server is off. Turned out it was exploited last night. I don't have the experience on how to protect my home computers while running FTP servers at the same time. So i have turned it off.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Should I still make a zip file in case this works out?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I will say yes go ahead and make the ZIP files I'll be working on securing my things.

I figured out where the intruder came in from. I use teamviewer to access my media computer that I'm running the server on. When I went to bed I left teamviewer linked between my laptop and the media computer. When I woke I saw the classic Thank you message that shows someone had been on my laptop through teamviewer and the link to the server was closed. Who ever it was went on a looking spree. They had left open a ton of folders on the media computer and changed my screen resolution on my laptop. I checked the file log and found only one file had been transferred from my computer and it was a movie called Police State 4 so no harm for me. Seems someone found a tutorial and decided to see if it worked. they didn't do anything malicious other than intrude. Well back to using remote and blocking remote ports on the router to lock it down.

Here's what I'll do. I'm going to try it again just like before and if I run into problems I'll then start using PM's to issue out the Access to the FTP.

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Ok Server is back up and running.
So please upload your: photos
here's the addy for it.

code:
ftp://75.9.47.***

Last three are two 0 one. use the numbers not words
user name is Tyler's last name.
pass: is the yellow word in this post

once again please zip up the photos into a single file and change the filename to your username.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
mpg videos ok too?
Problem.. I don't have winzip, and including mpgs my folder is 1.24GB, and without movies 928 MB, pics are 3648 x 2736 pixels
I am thinking maybe some discs mailed will work easier?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-18-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
FTP seems to not be working? Can't establish the connection.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Maybe this can help ...... just download this file extract it to a folder on your computer and then run the ftpcommander.exe ... it will install ... once you install it the program will start if you check the run automatically box .......once started you will see on the right hand side of the app (SERVERS) and under that " File Transfer " click on that ... it will automatically log onto my FTP server........ in the left window select your folders and files that you want to transfer to the server and press the arrow that points to the right ....... I will set up a section on tylerstoy.com for all to see the uploads... please include videos and pics....... I will transform them myself into the proper format .... to download my bug and virus free ftpcommander install app go here .... you can also add DIY_Stu's server in this app also just add server and punch in Stu's parameters
http://www.phantaziagrafx.com/FTP/ftpcommander.zip

Any questions PM me

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 08-18-2010).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
what i normally use is "My Network Places" usually found on the left bar on windows my computer screen or in the start menu. Then i add a place.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
OK It should work now. I forgot to lock in the new IP addy into it. Now it's stable. feel free to try again when you wish.

Danyel I'm making you an account to be able to DL from it. I'll PM you the details.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

LOL. Nice, I didn't see him do that.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Too bad that's only a picture. If it was video you'd see him shaking sooooooo bad he nearly shook himself off of it. He acted pumped when he found out it would go as high as the street light, but chickened out half way there.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Too bad that's only a picture. If it was video you'd see him shaking sooooooo bad he nearly shook himself off of it. He acted pumped when he found out it would go as high as the street light, but chickened out half way there.

Well do you blame him, I would be freaking out myself if I was up that high on just a forklift
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
yeah true they do tend to tip when overloaded.
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

ROFLAMO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
SNAPPY829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Those forks get verrrrry unstable when you are standing on them, hope he tied himself off some how , also very dangerous.....
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
He was he's actually leaning against the strap. Everything's looped so there's no way to come apart.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

UmmmHmmm.... I see how you are......

The REAL problem, is if you feel like you are coming off balance, there is NO where to move your feet! Your feet are planted, and that's that.... Very unnerving. I am not scared of heights at all, as I have been skydiving, bungee jumping ect. However, there is a certain fear of the way that things wobbled, and no where to step to adjust your balance, and I could not use my hands to hold on to anything! Lastly, trusting you balance, while looking trough the tiny little eyepiece through the lens throws off your depth perception BIG TIME! All of this while the thing was in motion on the way up and back down.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-20-2010).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I almost forgot.... it was worth it

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-21-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Oh, I almost forgot.... it was worth it

You're right, that was an awesome picture. And definitely worth the risk of you getting hurt. j/k John.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
And yet we're still waiting for pics to be uploaded. If you Don't have winzip and cannot select the folder right click and SEND TO Compressed (zipped) Folder, then I'm opening up the ability to make your own folder on the FTP and upload your files into it. Once I see it I'll compress them into a single package. from there. Also once you've uploaded your pictures there I'll grant you a username and password to use to allow you to download pictures everyone elses stuff. I have great hopes that the right people will get the files and make some pretty good collages, and videos catching the moments we had.
I P is still
75. asdfasdfasdf89a87df
9. 79879879sdf98asd7f98
47. as98df79s8d7f98
201. 7fas90df80s9

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok Guys, here is one of the video's from the trip. The video is avail in HD.

[RANT]
This was such a ROYAL PAIN to do!
The camera I was using uses some strange codec, that no video editors seem to like. I had to use 3 different programs to get it down to a reasonably decent size, then upload a 100 meg Video to Youtube. Even Gordion Know would not reduce the video!

[/RANT]

Ok, on to the Video:

Jay was in front of us on the way back from the car show. I grabbed the camera as Stuart had this feeling he was gonna take off! Keep in mind, Stuart's GT is the stock 2.8, so I think we kept up with him pretty good! If he would have hit the Nitrus, he would have most certainly left us in the dust!!!!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-28-2010).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
The down shift you hear at the start is me getting ready for the punch. I just up shifted way too soon.

Um John as soon as he hit the upper RPM's he left us. BIG TIME! So no I wouldn't say we kept up with anything on that one. That 3.4 is a good engine in the revs.

BTW same Trans in both cars.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 09-28-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

The down shift you hear at the start is me getting ready for the punch. I just up shifted way too soon.

Um John as soon as he hit the upper RPM's he left us. BIG TIME! So no I wouldn't say we kept up with anything on that one. That 3.4 is a good engine in the revs.

BTW same Trans in both cars.

If only you were running the TH-125. You would have stayed with him.
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Dang !!! how did i miss that i would have loved to pass Jay while he's standing on it & see the look on his face LOL.....
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Purple cause you already stood on it too soon. Everyone was back at Camp Shipman when we got back. John and I went for a little driving around seeing the town. Then on the way back I had Grandma Shipman behind me then all of a sudden I see yellow poke out behind it. Then I started saying Uh oh Uh Oh Uh OH John get your camera! Vrrrrooooommmm, as he got in front of me. The rest you see.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Wow, the Toy sure can run!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Um John as soon as he hit the upper RPM's he left us. BIG TIME! So no I wouldn't say we kept up with anything on that one.

I don't think you are giving your stock 2.8 enough credit, the video says it all. He was pulling away, no doubt about that at all, but not as fast as as I would have thought that he would. There is no zoom on the camera, so I was not zooming in to make it look like we were staying close or anything.

Oh, and as for that "downshift you hear", that is not us, that was the Toy! You can tell, as when he shifts back up, you can tell it is in the distance

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-28-2010).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
No, you can hear his kick down when he laid into it.
I'm speaking about 0:02 on the clip that's me.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 09-28-2010).]

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Ok Guys, here is one of the video's from the trip. The video is avail in HD.

[RANT]
This was such a ROYAL PAIN to do!
The camera I was using uses some strange codec, that no video editors seem to like. I had to use 3 different programs to get it down to a reasonably decent size, then upload a 100 meg Video to Youtube. Even Gordion Know would not reduce the video!

[/RANT]

Ok, on to the Video:

Jay was in front of us on the way back from the car show. I grabbed the camera as Stuart had this feeling he was gonna take off! Keep in mind, Stuart's GT is the stock 2.8, so I think we kept up with him pretty good! If he would have hit the Nitrus, he would have most certainly left us in the dust!!!!

http://www.xilisoft.com/ that will fix your video conveter issues. Try it. It works great. Try it free to see if it will work. The free version will let you convert up to 3 minutes of video. The paid for version will let you convert whatever you want. If you use a Nvidia graphics card on your computer it will utilize the cpu on the graphics card to free up computer cpu processing. Very good product.

Tyler's dad had that car skint back huh? I am very glad you guys did that work for him. You guys are awesome!

[This message has been edited by GADJet (edited 10-01-2010).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Dang !!! how did i miss that i would have loved to pass Jay while he's standing on it & see the look on his face LOL.....

boys boys boys... it's not how fast your car drives that matters, its how well you drive it. whoops maybe i'm thinking of something else....

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 10-01-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

boys boys boys... it's not how fast your car drives that matters, its how well you drive it. whoops maybe i'm thinking of something else....

ROFLMAO !!!!! "not the size of the ship, but the motion in the ocean"
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

ROFLMAO !!!!! "not the size of the ship, but the motion in the ocean"

Yeah but it takes a long time to get to Europe in a row boat.

Shelby
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock