Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 21)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I'm home and just finished reading all of the updates. Been here for an hour. Got home at 2am after driving straight and flat out. 3400+ RPM the whole time. Still having CEL lights pop up and Vac leaks but maybe next year a new car will emerge. Maybe.
I'm tired and all my stuff is still in the car.
Night night
Stu
IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
That ball joint failure was crazy... notice the shadow of the overpass above me and the green sign on the right... everything appears to be fine...

That folks is how fast it can happen, that is the overpass and the gray back of that same sign. Please check your ball joints!

Rolling out...

I think that JohnWPB may have some of that certain eastern island nation in him... he was also taking picture of hay bails on the way back.

Way to go Pete!

Starters can be a PITA...

Boysatt and John Olson finally taking credit for valuable services rendered...

Synthesis, Hulki and infinitewill... Will designed the plaque being held by Andy...

Half or so of the show field...

Is that a daywalking 'skype'!?

Nope its just John...

Later... back at Camp Shipman

Campfire... is there anything better than sitting around a campfire with friends and just getting obnoxious? LOL Thanks for the great time everyone!

We will be back...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-27-2010).]

LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post
epic fail at the picture thing working where do you get the image addresses from?

[This message has been edited by LaFierte (edited 07-27-2010).]

LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post

LaFierte

199 posts
Member since Mar 2010
nm found it
LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post

LaFierte

199 posts
Member since Mar 2010

LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post

LaFierte

199 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Sorry for the grainy picture but the image resizer kept doing it.... got tired of trying to figure it out and tweek the settings.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I'm still completely blown away at the fact that there was zero damage done to brandon's car when the ball joint let go. Tie rod was straight, brake line unscathed, and not so much as a stress crack in the beautifully painted fender. Pretty sure Tyler was watching over him that day because all of the fiero's around him at the time of the failure were able to successfully avoid an accident. It was really crazy to watch.
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
It's because all of us fiero owners are used to parts letting go at any moment...

I too can't hardly believe that a ball joint failure didn't cause any damage.. I'll bet it scuffed up the inside corner of his tire pretty good though..

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
If you attended the show and are on Facebook, please add me for photo tagging, etc..

http://www.facebook.com/chris.kliewer
AWDimpreza-L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post
I have more of the whole show, but FOR NOW, here are a few shots of my $700 2m4.

------------------
84 2m4 72 whp 108 wtq, stock.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AWDimpreza-L:

We almost pulled over on 71 next to the Sunflower patch when we were running home on Sunday.. It would have made a fantastic photo with three red and a silver Fiero in the mini-caravan on the way home...

Glad someone got a shot, because it was a blast of beauty in a nice looking country cruise.
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
that sunflower shot is mighty fine... if you have a hi-res version... you should submit it to the Fiero Store as a calendar shot.
AWDimpreza-L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post
I do in fact have a hi res shot.
heypal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

It's because all of us fiero owners are used to parts letting go at any moment...

I too can't hardly believe that a ball joint failure didn't cause any damage.. I'll bet it scuffed up the inside corner of his tire pretty good though..

There is about a 3" scuff in the inside of the tire. A tire that probably should have blown out. I was SO lucky!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heypal:

There is about a 3" scuff in the inside of the tire. A tire that probably should have blown out. I was SO lucky!

That's not so bad.. Only a 3" scuff on the tire... How do you plan to get the stains out of your seat though?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

That's not so bad.. Only a 3" scuff on the tire... How do you plan to get the stains out of your seat though?

Hahahahahhahahaa! Great!
heypal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

The thing is, I really wasn't too nervous until I saw the wheel all wrapped up. I thought I had simply blown a tire.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

I have more of the whole show, but FOR NOW, here are a few shots of my $700 2m4.

$700, ...I'll take it!

Yeah we almost stopped to get that same shot by the sunfowers. I like it.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-27-2010).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by carbon:

Nice campfire shots

Will your pics be available hi res somewhere?
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
I don't have an actual account anywhere... lemme shop around and I will post a link to a gallery.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Drop that sucker... Nice lookin car for $700... mine was $4500 and its a basket case.
PFF
System Bot
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by Synthesis:

Cornersonrails, Some lady who liked to flirt a whole lot, and had a fouler mouth than me, and Grandma C in the yellow shirts. Cassidy on the ground, and Stuart trying to be the first injury of the trip..

[/QUOTE]

That lady you're referring to is Nellie's sister. lol
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Foul maybe, but funnier then all get out. She put Syn in his place eariler in the evening while I was still there.

Chris made some comment about getting down and she replied that she goes down for no man!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
LOL !!!!! She was a stitch but if that's the way the game is gonna be played, she just eliminated 90% of the male population as a candidate
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

LOL !!!!! She was a stitch but if that's the way the game is gonna be played, she just eliminated 90% of the male population as a candidate

I totally agree! The first night I thought I was hammered, but she was doing worse than I was. I couldn't stop laughing! Oh, and let me know if you see Tiger. I still have a golf club waiting for him.
And, please tell your avatar to stop checking me out. It's kind of creepy. lol

[This message has been edited by fierogal123 (edited 07-27-2010).]

KennyH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KennyHSend a Private Message to KennyHDirect Link to This Post
Minngreengt, I was the guy that brought the knife to a gunfight, (the bike). Is it ok if I steal the pic you took of it? Its awesome! I think if the show would have advertised that bikes were also welcome there would have been more there. Maybe and idea for next year. If thats a direction you all want to go.
Chris, I hate to be picky but the total for the show should be 101 cars and 1 bike!
I had a GREAT time and am proud to have been able to attend the first annual memorial show. I plan on being there next year, God willing and the creek don't rise 8-) !
Later,
Kenny Holgate
specvgirl1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for specvgirl1Send a Private Message to specvgirl1Direct Link to This Post
To those who attended Camp Shipman/Tyler Shipman memorial car show this past weekend: let me start by saying that I have NEVER, in my entire life, met a nicer group of people - I am beyond words! When I think about this past weekend, all I do is smile! The events were awesome, the citizens of Frazee were very hospitable, and when I tell the story about the campfire Saturday night (snipe/skype!!!), I just laugh! Hulki and I had a blast, finally getting to meet and hang out with each and every one of you. It is truly an honor to be part of this family! And we hope to remain part of this family, as long as you will have us!

To GTGeff and his family: I don't know of anyone who would lend their beautiful car to a complete stranger for an entire weekend, no strings attached. And for you to go out of your way to meet us at the airport on Friday and then take us back to the hotel on Sunday night is just an amazing thing. These actions just show how wonderful you and your family are and how much you care about other people!

To the Shipmans: I don’t know where to begin. You have lost a great deal, but out of that heartache, you have opened up your hearts and your home to complete strangers. You are truly strong people and it was my honor to meet you! Thank you for sharing Tyler with us and allowing him to be part of our lives. He was a very special person and that shows what great parents you were to him. Please know that he will truly be missed and never forgotten. I believe that God had a plan for Tyler, and this past weekend has shown what that plan was: to bring together a community and to bond lifelong friendships.

To Everyone: Even though you have honored my husband this past weekend, let me just say that it has been MY honor to know each and every one of you! We are already talking about getting Hulki's car fixed for the travels next year and God willing, I may even have one to drive, as well!

Hugs to all !!

[This message has been edited by specvgirl1 (edited 07-27-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogal123:

I totally agree! The first night I thought I was hammered, but she was doing worse than I was. I couldn't stop laughing! Oh, and let me know if you see Tiger. I still have a golf club waiting for him.
And, please tell your avatar to stop checking me out. It's kind of creepy. lol

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!

Would you prefer MY picture there ?

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 07-27-2010).]

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!

Would you prefer MY picture there ?

couldn't resist on posting a pic of ya. lmao!

[This message has been edited by fierogal123 (edited 07-27-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

couldn't resist on posting a pic of ya. lmao!

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO IN HOT WATER !!!!!!!! Ever heard paybacks are a b!tch ????

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 07-27-2010).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I'm definitely keeping an eye on this conversation! Too Funny!!!
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this conversation! Too Funny!!!

Bobby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put her back in order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG !!! out of control !!!!!!!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Hey man, she wears the pants in this house. YOU try telling that woman what to do and see what happens to ya! LOL
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Hey man, she wears the pants in this house. YOU try telling that woman what to do and see what happens to ya! LOL

( mind wanders off ) Hmmmm.....that could be fun Well, if ya need her straightened out, send her up here
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

Respect my AUTHORIT-AAAAHHHHH!!!
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

LOL
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Um...yeah, you'll get away with that with Bobby
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Eh hem, shawn..... Ever heard that payback's a ***** ?

I'm driving the GT to Frazee next year and if the purple rollercoaster knows what's good for her, she'll run and hide. Lol
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Eh hem, shawn..... Ever heard that payback's a ***** ?

I'm driving the GT to Frazee next year and if the purple rollercoaster knows what's good for her, she'll run and hide. Lol

Ooh.. I'm going to try and keep up in mine after he pulls the 2.0T out of the Formula and drops it in mine... Although... I may have gotten a good deal on a McLaren 3.1...
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Well, I am back home. First of all, let me please say, THANK YOU GUYS so much for your hospitality towards my wife and I. You guys really made us feel like we have all been friends for years. I consider you all family, and I mean that. Second, Minnesotans(?) are by far the most welcoming, friendly people I have ever met. And to Jeff Wendt and family, I cannot say how much you guys mean to us, for treating us like family, and for your generosity. Petey also always has a special place in my heart.

This weekend was such a huge success, from the car show to the camp fire, and Shaun turning the Shipman home into Neverland Ranch (j/k Shaun ). I got to meet so many people who I previously only had the chance to talk to on the forum. You all have prompted me to join the Minnesota Fieros just because I feel like a member already. And Chris, the big teddy bear that he is, there's nothing I can do that will show the gratitude I have for you turning the Tyler Project into what it became. You truly are a leader, my brother, my friend. Stu, Shaun, John, Kevin, Will, Pete, Paul, Fred, Jason, everyone; you guys are the best and I can't wait to meet up with you all again next year.

To the Shipman family, thank you for opening your home to us Fiero junkies, feeding us, housing some of us, and just making us feel at home. May you always know that we are always here for you, no matter what. And Carter, thanks for making me laugh harder than I have in months!

My wife has now been bitten by the Fiero bug (thanks to Pete!), and is actively looking for a Fiero of her own. She is looking forward to the possibility that we may be both bringing Fieros next year.

Here are some highlights of my weekend:

- Meeting the Wendt family
- Meeting the forum peeps!
- Meeting the Shipman family
- Paul letting me sit in his race car!
- Jeff letting me drive The Stinger (still a HUGE smile on my face from this one!)
- Seeing Tyler's final resting place and paying our respects. We laid two yellow roses and released two yellow balloons in Tyler's honor
- Shaun's comedy hour!
- Chris's Skype hunt! (beep, beep............beep, beep.........)
- John having a camera in his eyeball all weekend

There is just so many more I don't have time to list because it is bedtime, but all I can say is THANK YOU ALL!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock