Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 25)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
fierogal123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
We need to make a town in Minnesota and call it Fiero. We'd never be short on mechanics. HaHaHa! And, we'd have to have a killer bakery run by the Amish apparently. And a bait and tackle that carried snype food and traps. .....Wonder what else there would be?
IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogal123:

We need to make a town in Minnesota and call it Fiero. We'd never be short on mechanics. HaHaHa! And, we'd have to have a killer bakery run by the Amish apparently. And a bait and tackle that carried snype food and traps. .....Wonder what else there would be?

Two auto parts stores carrying nothing but parts for Fieros, and all known Fiero upgrades/engine swaps.

16 automotive repair shops with rent your own bays, 10 bucks a day, tools provided. Each bay has a 2 post lift.
The town would also feature a 6 mile road course, with a long straight segment through a tunnel so that people could roll down their windows and listen to their engine/exhaust rumble in the tunnel, before coming out onto a broad sweeping curve.

Car shows every Saturday...

And random houses burn down mysteriously every other week or so.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 08-02-2010).]

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
You think MFF would move their "home base" to Fiero Minnesota? Lol

I think the mayor would have to be cliff pennock because everything he had to say would be seen by EVERYONE via Pff.

Think we could have a car wash every saturday run by a bunch of 18yr old girls?
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

LOL! NERD!!!

I think we should start another thread for this. I can see it getting a little far from the original post.

[This message has been edited by fierogal123 (edited 08-02-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Two auto parts stores carrying nothing but parts for Fieros, and all known Fiero upgrades/engine swaps.

16 automotive repair shops with rent your own bays, 10 bucks a day, tools provided. Each bay has a 2 post lift.
The town would also feature a 6 mile road course, with a long straight segment through a tunnel so that people could roll down their windows and listen to their engine/exhaust rumble in the tunnel, before coming out onto a broad sweeping curve.

Car shows every Saturday...

And random houses burn down mysteriously every other week or so.

BBWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAA 10 bucks a day ?????????? with tools provided ??????? OMG, what a dreamer !!!

Even when i was a kid & those facilities were closing down, you couldn't rent a bay for less than $100 ......with NOTHING in it !!!!!

ROFLMAO....

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

The photos you guys are posting are awesome. I found a few in mine that were somewhat unique. So here goes.

Fred

Nice pics! Great that you caught this one who wrote on her arm
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Her window was up when she drove by me... she was attractive and really happy staring out of the car... I honestly not sure what was up with her. O_o

Thanks for the update LOL
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

You think MFF would move their "home base" to Fiero Minnesota? Lol

I think the mayor would have to be cliff pennock because everything he had to say would be seen by EVERYONE via Pff.

Great idea! Although I'd be the one of the few that could actually hit on them. Without either getting in legal trouble or getting smacked by a Girlfriend/Wife.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 08-02-2010).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Forgot to add in my other post that my pics from this weekend will be posted momentarily. I have to offload the camera.

Is that momentarily Pennsylvania time? j/k

Cheap bump.
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Great idea! Although I'd be the one of the few that could actually hit on them. Without either getting in legal trouble or getting smacked by a Girlfriend/Wife.

I would smack him then continue to stare as well. Gotta appreciate beauty.
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Actually this might serve as a better "homebase".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennock,_Minnesota

My son and I drove through a few years ago, but I didn't have a camera to take a picture in front of the city sign. Always wanted to do a pic and caption, "Cliff, where were you?"
PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

My son and I drove through a few years ago, but I didn't have a camera to take a picture in front of the city sign. Always wanted to do a pic and caption, "Cliff, where were you?"

I'm game... let's go.
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

Quote from Wiki..."According to the United States Census Bureau, the city of Pennock has a total area of 1.0 square miles (2.6 km²), all of it land. The population was 504 at the 2000 census."

WOW that's a little tight. Good thing Cliff covers the globe to house all 19,000 of us.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Email from Boyd Huppert...

Chris,

Refresh my memory. What was the date of the build weekend last fall?

Thanks,

Boyd

p.s. It looks like the story is going to hold for September. My supervisor wants to run it during premier week when the audience is greater. Fewer people watch TV in the summer.

September is cool with me, as the more people who see it, the better.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

LOL !!!!!!!!! now that sounds more like it
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys, I know it has been a while since the show, but I am still working on the video! It is taking longer than I thought, but it is coming together!

The HD camera had some funky codec, so I had to convert everything to a more standard format to be able to edit it. The small canon Elph I used for some of the video uses a compressed AVI format, and thus has to be converted as well to a standard format to edit.

It is gonna be a bit longer, but I am working on it!

The below picture is fairly large in size (1800 wide), as it is a capture of my desktop on a 26" LCD.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

LOL !!!!!!!!! now that sounds more like it

My Thoughts Exactly!!!

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Tyler was diagnoses on October 9. I wonder if Boyd would hold off closer to that date. sort of a look what's happened in a year. personally i have lived 1000 lifetimes in the last year. I miss my big buddy.

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Email from Boyd Huppert...

Chris,

Refresh my memory. What was the date of the build weekend last fall?

Thanks,

Boyd

p.s. It looks like the story is going to hold for September. My supervisor wants to run it during premier week when the audience is greater. Fewer people watch TV in the summer.

September is cool with me, as the more people who see it, the better.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Okay, okay. I know I am late posting my pictures. Sue me! Here they are.

At the airport, Jeff and Carol arrive to pick us up

Back at Jeff's house, my first introduction to the Stinger

And I first meet Shaun, (aka Purple Reign)

And then we meet our ride for the weekend, thanks to Jeff. It's Petey!!!

And Petey's sportin' a new nose badge

We leave Jeff's house and meet up with the rest of the convoy and I am given a very special hat to wear

And I meet Chris in person for the first time!

On the road!

Tyler's school

At the Shipman's house Friday night

The car that started it all

A rainbow

Inside Tyler's mancave

The Shipman's and us

At our hotel in Detroit Lakes

At the show on Saturday

Shaun's 200 miles '88 GT that I secretly rolled the odometer forward by 10,000 miles

Paul's car is very hungry for the camera!

I GOT TO SIT IN IT!!!

Chris with something white in his mouth

Carter and his giant marshmallow

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Bump for those who have not seen the pics.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I saw them yesterday... OOPS! Did I just bump this thread back to the top?
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
No you didn't .... But I did!
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Shaun's 200 miles '88 GT that I secretly rolled the odometer forward by 10,000 miles

Should I feel guilty about having put miles 197 to 204 on it?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I don't know, but the look on Shaun's face was PRICELESS when I told him someone looking at the car at the show must have reset the trip meter LOL

For those that didn't know the trip meter and the odometer match, as the trip reset button has never been pressed.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-09-2010).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Okay, okay. I know I am late posting my pictures. Sue me! Here they are.

Nice pics! You know i think every picture I was in was a surprise or unknown to me that it was being taken. I guess I end up looking natural.. heh
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
I have NEVER noticed this before, but if you look at the pic of the rock we had engraved in Hulki's picture... do you see the "T"? Like discoloration of some sort? Maybe Ty was saying howdy to us all
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
That dancing banana is amusingly disturbing.

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GMplastic:

That dancing banana is amusingly disturbing.

that's my happy dance! happy happy joy joy yada yada yada
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
Well, it works.
I smile every time I see it.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GMplastic:

Well, it works.
I smile every time I see it.

LOL..... i've got one on file that does the Macarena.

Naahhhh That was it's exercise for 6 months.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Nope, you should have put at least a thousand miles on the clock. Imagine the look on Shaun's face!

Originally posted by 2.5:

Nice pics! You know i think every picture I was in was a surprise or unknown to me that it was being taken. I guess I end up looking natural.. heh

Jason, you just shy away from cameras I think!
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Found this on the Frazee Forum.

I want to thank our family and friends for attending our party on Friday, July 23, and also the first annual Memorial Tyler Shipman Car Show on Saturday.

Thank you to all the help preparing, food, chairs, picnic tables, drinks, etc. Our little town made our Fiero friends more than welcome.

We heard so many comments from our guests regarding how friendly everyone in our town is and how much they liked visiting. The car show was a great success, raising $1,600 for cancer research.

Thank you to Dave and Karen Gray who once again stepped in to make things happen. We definitely plan to make this an annual event. Cancer has touched more than just our family in our small community. Any money raised to research a cure is us taking back a little bit of the control we lose when a loved one becomes ill.

My only regret is Tyler wasn't here to see how much one life can cause a ripple effect to so many others. He would have been proud to see the line of 30 some Fieros coming to our house and the many people gathered to show their love of his favorite car and support a great cause.

I'd like to think that this car show will still be going and even bigger 20 years down the road, 500 cars instead of 100; $16,000 instead of $1,600. For Tyler, to dream big and grab onto life with both fists was a way of life he always had. My hope is that this car show is a part of him that we will get to enjoy for many years to come.

Daneele Shipman, Frazee
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Very nice write up. I totaly agree that the town was super friendly. I felt like I was adopted for the weekend!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Hulki, NICE AVATAR
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hulki, NICE AVATAR

LOL.... i was just gonna say that !!!!
ANDREW !!!!!!
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I remember when that car only had 104,000 on it.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

I remember when that car only had 104,000 on it.

LOL. That is funny right der.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
The avatar was just too awesome to pass up. Carter is famous now, and as long as Daneele, Jay, and Carter have no issue with me using his picture, it will be my avatar for life. The only changes will be made will be to spruce his picture up for holidays.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

The avatar was just too awesome to pass up. Carter is famous now, and as long as Daneele, Jay, and Carter have no issue with me using his picture, it will be my avatar for life. The only changes will be made will be to spruce his picture up for holidays.

go for it he is quite a ham. i always say he will either be a politician or off selling a bridge to someone somewhere
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully he gets well paid for it the extroverts can sell ice cubes to eskimo's
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock