Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MOBILE:

Good Lord I need to get going on my car...

I suspect about 90% of the work to be done within the last 24 hours of that count down lol
IP: Logged
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fosgatecavy98:

I suspect about 90% of the work to be done within the last 24 hours of that count down lol

You will be correct on that... That's the Mobile way !

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4..V8 swap someday.
1997 Grand Prix GTP 161k miles and going strong.
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd For sale
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Daneele and Jay have given their blessing for the show to be officially named:

The Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show

Just wanted you all to know.

We also have a partner Hotel...

Holiday Inn has set aside a block of rooms for us.
They are offering a small discount for rooms. Sadly, it won't be a huge discount because Detroit Lakes is a HUGE Tourist destination.

Rates start at 119 for a room, either single or double. Same rate. This is the discounted price.
Split a room with someone, and 119 covers you for both Friday and Saturday nights.

May 24th is the booking deadline, but all hotels are filling up fast for the Summer... Do not underestimate the tourist pull of Northwestern Minnesota!

The Holiday Inn hotel is an extremely nice place, their rooms are top notch, and the lake view is gorgeous. Lake rooms are a bit more expensive of course.
They have a great restaurant and a bar/lounge as well.

I am working to arrange a "Pancake feed" on Saturday AM prior to the show... Rates would be around 5 bucks per person... Their food is top notch as well.

None of the "feed" details have been set in stone, but Holiday Inn is the hotel of choice.

Other hotels are available in the area, but many have already been booked solid for this summer coming up.

Book now! Just mention the "Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show" when calling to reserve a room. They will give you the price listed above.

Holiday Inn of Detroit Lakes
- www.detroitlakesholidayinn.com
1155 U.S. 10, Detroit Lakes - (218) 847-2121

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-09-2010).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
119 a night looks like its back to morningside for me.
snowblindburd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
I love that I could just take Highway 10 from here to there . I still haven't decided if I'm gonna leave super early Saturday or get a room.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to try to knock out the whole trip non stop (can't afford a room on the way)
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
That rate is actually very reasonable for the area, and if you saw the hotel, you would understand. It is nice, almost along the lines of the Chula Vista resort in the Dells.

More info on the way as it gets settled. Will be consulting with KEV on everything before it gets posted to make sure the data is 100% accurate.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
My room is booked.....WoooHoooo . I booked it for the 23rd and the 24th. The front desk was a little confused and did not really know what I was talking about but she said she will get it figured out with there event cordinator Kim. My room will have two queen beds in it. I am willing to split the cost if someone would like to with me but I have three stipulations. #1 I only want someone sharing it who will definatley be there for Friday and Saturday night. ( 2 nights means your only paying around $60.00 per night ) #2 You have to be a person who doesnt SNOAR. I shared a rooom once and I swear the wallls were being sucked in and out like in a cartoon. #3 I dont need any stories or memories of HUGE floaters or any tooth paste incidences. Chris
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

My room is booked.....WoooHoooo . I booked it for the 23rd and the 24th. The front desk was a little confused and did not really know what I was talking about but she said she will get it figured out with there event cordinator Kim. My room will have two queen beds in it. I am willing to split the cost if someone would like to with me but I have three stipulations. #1 I only want someone sharing it who will definatley be there for Friday and Saturday night. ( 2 nights means your only paying around $60.00 per night ) #2 You have to be a person who doesnt SNOAR. I shared a rooom once and I swear the wallls were being sucked in and out like in a cartoon. #3 I dont need any stories or memories of HUGE floaters or any tooth paste incidences. Chris

Sorry for the confusion on that. We figured things out yesterday with the hotel, and they are getting things sorted today.

For the record: May 24th is the deadline for booking rooms at Holiday Inn.

One hotel called me back. Yesterday, they had 11 rooms available. Today, they are booked solid through the summer...

It is IMPERATIVE that you book your rooms NOW before they fill up!
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Hotel reservations made. I didn't go through the desk though - using hotel points. According to the website they had both smoking and non-smoking rooms left as of this morning.

Cheers,
Rich
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sabooo:

Hotel reservations made. I didn't go through the desk though - using hotel points. According to the website they had both smoking and non-smoking rooms left as of this morning.

Cheers,
Rich

You may want to be careful with that. Minnesota has a smoking law that bans smoking in many places, including in some hotels..

Just FYI. Make sure that if you smoke, you specify to the hotel that you want a smoking room.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Last I checked we had 6 people meeting me here in indianapolis to pick up I-74 and head out to Frazee this summer. Some of those 6 people were taking passengers and some had empty passenger seats. I'm trying to take a head count here to determine exactly how many are expected to be in "the mid-west caravan" of fiero's to Frazee. If you intend on going, passing through indianapolis, or would like to hitch a ride in an available seat. Please let me know. At this point the plans are to meet at the Brownsburg exit Shell Gas Station which is the first exit on I-74 West from indianapolis. There is food, gas, walmart, and everything else you could want there. Including an autozone/O'riely autoparts for that new icm you'd better have!

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Last I checked we had 6 people meeting me here in indianapolis to pick up I-74 and head out to Frazee this summer. Some of those 6 people were taking passengers and some had empty passenger seats. I'm trying to take a head count here to determine exactly how many are expected to be in "the mid-west caravan" of fiero's to Frazee. If you intend on going, passing through indianapolis, or would like to hitch a ride in an available seat. Please let me know. At this point the plans are to meet at the Brownsburg exit Shell Gas Station which is the first exit on I-74 West from indianapolis. There is food, gas, walmart, and everything else you could want there. Including an autozone/O'riely autoparts for that new icm you'd better have!

Going through Wisconsin at all? I'll join up if at all possible depending on when you're going! If you don't mind a Beretta that is. I might have 2 Fieros, a Cavalier, and a Sunfire with me too lol.

------------------

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Definitely going through wisconsin. We take 74 over to champagne IL and then north on 81? All the way up to where 10 splits off at the twin cities.
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
I'll check back for updates and see when I'm heading over. If it works out it would be cool to meet up. If not, see ya all there! lol.

------------------

Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Gonna bump this up. If anyone wants to ride along with me from Nebraska, Iowa, and whatnot, send me a PM. I'm willing to split gas from your location to Frazee and back to your location (on the return journey of course). Also willing to split a hotel/motel room if need be.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I cant go . Car wont be ready and still have no job. So take some pics everyone.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
After long consideration I have come to a decision.....

I am DEFINATELY GOING! I am getting there on Friday afternoon with plans for going to the BBQ. I will stay until Sunday afternoon or evening.

I am so excited and can't wait to meet everyone!

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

I am DEFINATELY GOING! .........

I am so excited and can't wait to meet everyone!

That's Great! I will be there, car or not. I have wanted to see your car in person since the minute I saw it. That body was one of the main reasons I purchased my fiero. I've had Widebody GT dreams for years... Some Day, Some Day...

Chad

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

That's Great! I will be there, car or not. I have wanted to see your car in person since the minute I saw it. That body was one of the main reasons I purchased my fiero. I've had Widebody GT dreams for years... Some Day, Some Day...

Chad

Actually, I like your car too. I want my street car use some of the same exterior changes you have made. I hope you get a chance to bring it.
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

Actually, I like your car too. I want my street car use some of the same exterior changes you have made. I hope you get a chance to bring it.

Thanks! I'm trying to finish up a fairly built SC3800. The motor is in, and I'm working on the wiring. Next is plumbing and intercooler, and a ton of Speed Hut Revolution Series gauges. WAY TOO much work with only 2 months left...

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Thanks! I'm trying to finish up a fairly built SC3800. The motor is in, and I'm working on the wiring. Next is plumbing and intercooler, and a ton of Speed Hut Revolution Series gauges. WAY TOO much work with only 2 months left...

Don't give up hope. I didn't have wiring, pluming, or tanks mounted on my IMSA 2 months before the 20th. I had it running for that event. It's not easy, but can be done.
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
FYI...

Sounds like I'm bringing my family, and my parents will come up and bring a car also. We booked our rooms at the Best Western Holland House in Detroit Lakes. They still gave us the car show discount.

See ya there!!

Chad

less than 8 weeks to get the car done....

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

[This message has been edited by MOBILE (edited 06-01-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

FYI...

Sounds like I'm bringing my family, and my parents will come up and bring a car also. We booked our rooms at the Best Western Holland House in Detroit Lakes. They still gave us the car show discount.

See ya there!!

Chad

less than 8 weeks to get the car done....

Get to work, slacker

------------------

MINNESOTA MAFIA Real men get blown If you're going to run your mouth make sure the proof isn't all over the net that you're full of sh!t.
87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's 372 rwhp & tuning____88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 000,194.4 miles
87 GT custom______90 Grand prix STE Turbo_____2007GSXR 1000
Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, Ya want to hit it, but are afraid of the consequences.
IF YOU AIN'T BREAKING STUFF..................IT AIN'T MODDED ENOUGH
If your'e not living on the edge..........you're taking up too much room.
Best Fiero mounts available

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Get to work, slacker

YOU SIR, need a new sig!!!!

lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait for the weekend! Think about you guys every day! Can't wait to see everyone again!!!!!!!!!!! Can I be in the underground "burn out contest" with my trans am??? It seems that the past 3 fieros I have found just haven't been meant to be. So I will let one find me!!!! Until then I can still be in the club with a little trans am pontiac excitment right?!!?!?!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

Can't wait for the weekend! Think about you guys every day! Can't wait to see everyone again!!!!!!!!!!! Can I be in the underground "burn out contest" with my trans am??? It seems that the past 3 fieros I have found just haven't been meant to be. So I will let one find me!!!! Until then I can still be in the club with a little trans am pontiac excitment right?!!?!?!

Your transam will be sacrificed to rrunners imsa race car. At high noon when the sun and the moon meet in the high east.....FIEROS MUST HAVE BLOOD
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

I own a '96 WS6 T/A as well. I appriciate your your car and think the F-Bodys are great. I'm looking forward to coming. Not to talk smack, but MY T/A couldn't beat my IMSA even with a 60 mph running start.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerDirect Link to This Post

I own a '96 WS6 T/A as well. I appriciate your your car and think the F-Bodys are great. I'm looking forward to coming. Not to talk smack, but MY T/A couldn't beat my IMSA even with a 60 mph running start.

Sweeet! and wow yeah I know my car has NO chance against that IMSA job you have going there! I checked that thing out a couple months ago on your car domain. WOW you went through alot of work on that thing. I can't wait to see it in person!!!!!!!!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I regret to inform everyone that due to a SEVERE financial downturn in my life, It looks like I will not be attending the show this summer. It was the one thing I was looking forward to doing this year and yet, I'm probably not going to be able to make it. I'll let everyone know if anything changes, but at this point I'm struggling just to keep my 4 year old twins fed. I'm absolutely heart broken about this and I'm working my a$% off to try and get things straight again, but all I can do right now is wish you guys a hell of a good time. Take lots of pictures!!!
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear that... Hope things start looking up for you soon.
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

I regret to inform everyone that due to a SEVERE financial downturn in my life, It looks like I will not be attending the show this summer. It was the one thing I was looking forward to doing this year and yet, I'm probably not going to be able to make it. I'll let everyone know if anything changes, but at this point I'm struggling just to keep my 4 year old twins fed. I'm absolutely heart broken about this and I'm working my a$% off to try and get things straight again, but all I can do right now is wish you guys a hell of a good time. Take lots of pictures!!!

I hope things get better for you soon.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Dude, I hope things look up for you soon. I know about the financial hard times myself, but God graced me with the ability to make it to this show. Anyone have any frequent flyer miles they would like to donate to help him get there?
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Sorry to hear this. I know I dont know you but if you can make it to me. I will drive you up and give you a tent to stay in if it would help you get there. Let me know, Chris
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I really appreciate the offer cornersonrails, I may just take you up on that. Let's not let this thread turn into a pitty party though, my post was simply informational, not a request for help. However, I sincerely appreciate everybody's good wishes and I'm doing everything possible to turn things around. Big thanks to Maddanceskillz who dropped off a fiero in my driveway last night worth a few hundred dollars worth of work. Every little bit helps.
I'm currently working at the gas station/service center around the corner from my house and it's not going too well. I make $20 per book hour on jobs, strictly commission based on book pay, but the work just isn't there. Yesterday I did 1 oil change in a 10 hour day which pays .3 hours equalling $6. So that gives you an idea of why I'm struggling right now. My pay last week worked out to a whopping $5/hr. If something doesn't change fast it's gonna get really ugly around here. But hey, on the brighter side of things my formula is almost done Just needs gas, oil, tranny fluid, coolant, and 2 rear brake calipers.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
you already know we will have spare tents available and if you come i'm pretty sure we can round up an airbed and a sleeping bag for ya. We all should be getting drinks so that's covered and eats... Well that will take care of it's self too i'm sure. So to anyone adding hotel fees into their decision making and it's keeping them away, you can stop right there. So fieroguy i think you just ran out of excusses.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Yep, tight funds is hipchecking the hotel idea, so it's camping or nothing.....
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

LOL !!!! just saw this ..... still need a roomie ??
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Why the frown on camping? This should be fun. Camping is fun. Weather permitting nice cool nights warm days, If it's not permitting... Get to watch people chase tents in the wind. Hear a snap crackle pop open an eye to make sure it wasn't yours etc. What's not to like?
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
The only negative is one of two things, that I can see; the Shipmans apparently live off of a dirt road and some people are hesitant to drive their 'show' cars off pavement... unpredictable rain is the other.

I for one don't care... Although, packing up a wet tent does suck the big one.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock