Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions by Fiero5
Started on: 10-28-2002 11:06 AM
Replies: 310
Last post by: Fiero5 on 10-16-2003 08:15 PM
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
OK, so we have this interesting lime green Fiero that I use for winter daily driving.

My 9 year old son Jordan and I want to customize it a bit, maybe add some purple accents and so on.
Any ideas of what you can do for color combos on a lime green Fiero?
Maybe a purple and green color scheme interior?

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Steve & Jordan Kelley

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
StansGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow interesting colour. I would accent it with bright purple, then your car will get even more looks of interest!

------------------
02' 3800SC Poly, Koni, Enkei

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
cool!

i'd go for something subtler myself, but it's certainly an eye-catcher!

------------------
'84 2m4 se, a work in progress

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
lime green's pretty "out there" anyway. i think i'd dig through the spare parts for body mods before i'd try a contrasting color.

if you had to accent it i'd say maybe yellow? if it had to be purple maybe a really dark purple? hard to say cause... lord... that lime greens talkin' pretty loud by it's self.

ok... i did just think of something. i just got some of those barreta gtu (or is it gtz) body color wheels. what about finding some of those, painting them the contrasting color and adding a racing stripe to match the wheels or something? or if you can find the right color (i know i've seen it in yellow, not sure about purple) some of that two tone window tint? all potentially cheap and not too hard to reverse.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
that certainly is a bright green....but I like it

------------------
Nick
AIM: Naskie182010 www.naskie18.com

Bob Ricci

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob RicciSend a Private Message to Bob RicciDirect Link to This Post
You go with whatever you feel you'd like..its your car. But in my opinion you already have a "loud "color, I'd accent it with something more mellow, like gold pin,stripping, etc. Check out all these suggestions, and use what catches your liking most. I like the green....
Bob Ricci

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob RicciSend a Private Message to Bob RicciDirect Link to This Post

Bob Ricci

74 posts
Member since Feb 2001
You go with whatever you feel you'd like..its your car. But in my opinion you already have a "loud "color, I'd accent it with something more mellow, like gold pin,stripping, etc. Check out all these suggestions, and use what catches your liking most. I like the green....
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
yellow goes pretty well with lime green.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
So are you saying do the interior in a yellow, or some of the outside trim, or both?

I kinda like the fact that the rims are painted the same color, but they are only the 13" rims. Works for me for winter driving, but doesn't exactly have that sporty look that it could have with bigger better looking rims and tires.

I was thinking of putting a set of Grand Am rims on it and painting part of the pattern that is on the Grand Am rims the same lime green with maybe a small line of purple.
Jordan wants to do some of the outside trim in purple to have a similar look to his older brother Stephens 85 GT:

Steve & Jordan Kelley

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
OK, this morning Jordan got ready to take his Lime Green Fiero to school:

Once he was in and buckled, he fired her up:

What a handsome young man he is in his "Lean Green Cruising Machine".
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Check out this cutie

He is now ready for some cruising.

And he is off:
PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Off he goes:

There goes my little buddy

Steve

------------------

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
IMO the tan interior does not suit lime green. I think you should make it black and purple or white or something other than tan.
You asked about colors, i just thought yellow also looked ok with lime green, i don't know where you want to put it though.
i think the grand am wheels are a good idea.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:
IMO the tan interior does not suit lime green. I think you should make it black and purple or white or something other than tan.
You asked about colors, i just thought yellow also looked ok with lime green, i don't know where you want to put it though.
i think the grand am wheels are a good idea.

I agree, the tan does NOT go with that color at all. The grey interior would have been better.
I have been trying to figure out if I should take out the tan interior (dash, seats, carpet, etc.) which are all in excellent shape BTW, and replace it or just color over it and get seat skins and all that?

Decisions, decisions

Steve

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
the tans hard to add color to, but if i had to i'd drop purple as a color consideration and go with yellow still, or orange.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
"Your sons" 85 GT no longer exists! Whats left of the frame of that piece of JUNK is waiting to be hauled out of my backyard..

Dave

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2farnorth:
"Your sons" 85 GT no longer exists! Whats left of the frame of that piece of JUNK is waiting to be hauled out of my backyard..

Dave

I'm sorry?
Piece of junk?
I highly doubt a car we had over $2500. in and was displayed at Fiero shows was a piece of junk or worthy of you highjacking this thread.

Thanks

Steve

JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
You could get a big Joker airbrushed on the hood. The Joker from Batman. Didn't he wear green and purple?

------------------

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2002 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
I'm sorry?
Piece of junk?
I highly doubt a car we had over $2500. in and was displayed at Fiero shows was a piece of junk or worthy of you highjacking this thread.

Thanks

Steve

Twenty five hundred AMERICAN dollars? Wow, I bet that was nice...

DarkRain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRainSend a Private Message to DarkRainDirect Link to This Post
I've been toying with doing a conversion over to the tan interior... I would be willing to trade, but you see, I'd need the gt guage pod and my interior is an automatic oh, and a GT wheel too...

Anyways, uh, I was thinking you could definitely go with two thick purple racing stripes, that would look good, and I'd say that you could EASILY vinyl the panels on the doors to white or yellow/purple or purple, but purple would be hard on the eyes... I don't know.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DarkRain:
I've been toying with doing a conversion over to the tan interior... I would be willing to trade, but you see, I'd need the gt guage pod and my interior is an automatic oh, and a GT wheel too...

Anyways, uh, I was thinking you could definitely go with two thick purple racing stripes, that would look good, and I'd say that you could EASILY vinyl the panels on the doors to white or yellow/purple or purple, but purple would be hard on the eyes... I don't know.

Hey! That is a great idea.
I could get some vinyl the color I want and cover over the panels and such.
In fact, I have some extra panels laying around I could do it to, and then just swap them
Hmm, yeah purple would be a bit much maybe, I like the idea of the white
Maybe I can play with Photoshop a bit and see what color combo's would work.

Steve

PFF
System Bot
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:
Twenty five hundred AMERICAN dollars? Wow, I bet that was nice...

ROFLAO..
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
Not purple, Fuscia. Although my wife is saying to do the interior black and do prismatic black flame stripes on the outside.

------------------
Notchbacks Rule
84 Coupe(parts car)
85GT(show car)
87SE Gold(project car)
87SE Silver(daily driver)
88Coupe (daily driver)
88Formula (daily driver)

CA-LT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CA-LT1Send a Private Message to CA-LT1Direct Link to This Post
Wow, what's with all this negativeness? I mean, if you don't like this guy's car, just don't post.

Brian

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
"Twenty five hundred AMERICAN dollars? Wow, I bet that was nice..."

Geeze, I guess I never realized that putting a lot of money, hard work and time into a car is worthy of ridicule?
Or is a couple thousand bucks just not considered a lot on this forum?

Well, moving right along

This is what my son Jordan and I decided for a color for the steering wheel:

...and for the center horn button:

Hmm, now that is certainly different

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by DarkRain:
I've been toying with doing a conversion over to the tan interior... I would be willing to trade, but you see, I'd need the gt guage pod and my interior is an automatic oh, and a GT wheel too....

Sounds interesting. I may have an auto shifter plate around, and those are not color specific, and I may have a tan leather GT wheel too. Will have to go check.
Let me know.

Anyways, uh, I was thinking you could definitely go with two thick purple racing stripes, that would look good, and I'd say that you could EASILY vinyl the panels on the doors to white or yellow/purple or purple, but purple would be hard on the eyes... I don't know.[/B]

That would be cool I bet. I will have to try that first in photo shop maybe

The Joker idea is pretty neat too. But then of course I would have to get a Batman Fiero to go with it LOL
Thanks for the continued ideas.

Here is a pic of my Fiero3. As you can see the rims were the same plain old GM 13" with the plastic center hub caps. I still think having these rims painted the same color as the car looks pretty cool (for 13" rims anyway):

Steve

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 11-07-2002).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2002 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Like everyone said, do what YOU like. That 'lime' green is pretty light, I think Id prefer more to go with a dark green with it like Minngrns graphics. Dark green & tan interior. European cars all look good in 'natural' tan leather, no matter what the outside color. For factory, I love the Mustang dark green with tan interior and top, looks really classy to me.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I know that ultimately it is the car owner who makes the final decisions, but as many on here do, it is always nice to get ideas and feedback

Here is an updated pic of Jordan and I continuing to paint stuff:

Here is what the steering wheel looks like in the car:

We can't waite to get that tan interior redone/replaced

Steve & Jordan

------------------

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
Good luck and keep us updated!
-Ryan

------------------
Red 88 Formula

AOL - i am RATDOG

http://members.cox.net/rynelson85/

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2002 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
You have........um, interesting taste.
Anyway..ok, what kind of paint did you use on the steering wheel? Is it Semms leather paint? Courious...thinking of spraying my Indy wheel (the original color, or close). Thanx.

------------------
The Force will be with you, always.

Unltd1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2002 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post
Not a bad thing to go with Purple(as long as its kinda dark)... Anyone remember the real Green Goblin's costume from back in the day? well here is what I did with your fiero and a picture of him hehe...

that was fun now for a spiderman version! J/K

My 4yr old thought that color green was awesome then I showed him what I did to it and he wanted one..damn guess I'm gonna have to buy another Fiero.

If you like I can email you the other views of it so you kinda see what I did (hey the kids were napping..hehe)
-Darius

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
Project car

[This message has been edited by Unltd1 (edited 11-02-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Well, here are some updated pics:

Steve

Edited as #3 image was waaay to big

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 11-06-2002).]

LadyKissMySS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LadyKissMySSClick Here to visit LadyKissMySS's HomePageSend a Private Message to LadyKissMySSDirect Link to This Post
You know, I kinda like that. Its different. More pics

------------------

FieroJodi@Aol.com

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
OK, just a few more pics until I get to do some more to it

Steve

FIERORICE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERORICESend a Private Message to FIERORICEDirect Link to This Post
Maybe it will be ready for The Fast and the Furious III... I am sure stickers are the next 'mod.'

How about you get serious and obtain a new set of wheels, body panels, etc... purple only makes it worse...

Rice scale: 5.5

Ricky

------------------
Yeah, I have a cowl induction hood - with NON FUNCTIONAL GAUGES!! HELL YEAH - FieroRice

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
what kind of paint is on the ribbing?

i may be trying that myself sometime. i have my "cheap thrill" fiero that's red, and a set of $30 wheels for it that are blue. changing the color of either would add to the cost of the car. i'm thinking i'll have the whole car painted red for cheap and have the bumper pads and other black trim painted red also, except the side ribbing. that would be the blue the wheels are. then the wheels i've put a red reflective strip behind the spokes and if i put them on this car i'll probaly try using some stock lug nuts and painting the covers red. that should tie the wheels and car together.

it has a tan interior also but i just can't see anything matching up to it without changing the whole thing. i'll just do a home limo tint to hide it from the outside.

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Man, I really hate to sound negative, but I gotta say this. Ive always liked the work you've done on your Fieros...especialy the Indy. But just who exactly told you that lime green and purple are a good combination? Its one thing if your 7 year old son (cant remember how old he is/Im guessing) thinks it looks cool..but really man. That has got to be the most hiddeous combination of colors I think Ive ever seen lol. I know you like to be "different"..but the fact that you drive a Fiero is different enough....you dont exactly pass yourself ever few minutes in one of these cars. Lime green and purple....yikes. Sorry, really, but that is plain hiddeous. (Your other cars are cool though!)

------------------
The Force will be with you, always.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by My7Fieros:

Man, I really hate to sound negative, but I gotta say this. Ive always liked the work you've done on your Fieros...especialy the Indy. But just who exactly told you that lime green and purple are a good combination? Its one thing if your 7 year old son (cant remember how old he is/Im guessing) thinks it looks cool..but really man. That has got to be the most hiddeous combination of colors I think Ive ever seen lol. I know you like to be "different"..but the fact that you drive a Fiero is different enough....you dont exactly pass yourself ever few minutes in one of these cars. Lime green and purple....yikes. Sorry, really, but that is plain hiddeous. (Your other cars are cool though!)

ROTFLMAO

That is a funny response. I still have tears in my eyes from reading it.
Well, you see, I got this for practically nothing and was obtianed for no other reason than really a winter daily driver. As it is nothing more than that and being a plain base model 85 with a lime green paint job, unless i spend some money on a different paint job that I can't afford right now, this makes a great back up car and something Jordan and I can have some fun with and look back on many years from now.
My 9 year old son loves to do things with me and is always complaining that Daddy spends to much time working on his Fieros. I thought this would be a fun thing to do with my little buddy and also maybe get him more interested in Fieros. He immediately showed great interest in doing something with me on the lime green beast when we got it, so away we went
As it came already painted that lime green color, he and I have had a great time making it realy stick out and of course reading these posts.
I agree, it is not my first choice of what I would want for the look of a daily driver. But Jordan enjoys it and that is all that matters in the end

Believe me, if he gets bored or loses interest in this, I will be changing a lot on this Fiero real quick!

BTW: Thanks for the compliments on my other rides including the Indy. Another reason I jumped at the chance of getting this green beast was that I didn't want to have to drive one of my other sweet Fieros in any kind of crappy weather. One of the dissadvantages of fixing up each Fiero you get into show cars is that you then do not want to drive any of them in any bad weather.

We were looking at vinyl stripes this afternoon. We were thinking of doing a purple double stripe up and over the middle, but then we thopught maybe the stripes in a darker green would look even cooler LOL
Man, when we get done with this green beast, it is either going to be one heckofa bizaar head turner or something I am going to want to bury out in the backyard afterwards

Steve

Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticDirect Link to This Post
Not my cup of tea...

But hey, at least you'll stand out in the winter!

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Well, you want to hear the latest?
Jordan is now saying how much he is looking forward to going to some shows next year...... with the green Fiero
His mother and I asked him how he was going to get it there as he does not have a license yet.
His answer: Dad can take me in it and drive it for me

Hooooh boy
Heh, heh, heh

Steve

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave