Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions by Fiero5
Started on: 10-28-2002 11:06 AM
Replies: 310
Last post by: Fiero5 on 10-16-2003 08:15 PM
fierogt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2003 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt88Send a Private Message to fierogt88Direct Link to This Post
Jeez, I like that black hood on there: just had to say it again.

You should consider painting the roof/a-pillars black. And ?lildevil? has the sail panels that every single notchback needs that would be fly.

Jeez, I like that black hood on there: just had to say it again.

IP: Logged
CreepeC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2003 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CreepeCSend a Private Message to CreepeCDirect Link to This Post
It's not that bad looking of a car, now that the purple is gone...
It's awsome to see parents spending time with their kids doing things that they both enjoy. I bought my fiero from my dad after us both working on it for a long time. I enjoyed spending the time with his cus he is working most of the daylight hours. I am only 14 now.
anyways... I really just posted to see if my sig worked.

Nic

...argh... it didnt work

[This message has been edited by CreepeC (edited 06-30-2003).]

CreepeC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CreepeCSend a Private Message to CreepeCDirect Link to This Post

CreepeC

22 posts
Member since May 2003
how about now...

...darnit... still didnt work... nevermind...

[This message has been edited by CreepeC (edited 06-30-2003).]

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2003 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt88:

Well, I must say that the black hood balances the colors and takes it from "god awful" to "oh my god, check out that car!"

The hood vents are absolutely the best I've seen on any fiero! What are they? Where can I get some? Are they functional?

I shall keep my comments about the nose to myself, however.

Wow, lot's of new comments and questions.
OK, first the hood scoops are made by AutoVentShade and are shipped non functional. You can make them easily functional depending on the application and placement.
We created a carbon fiber look up the center of the hood and then mounted the large scoop vents on top and that affect really sets off the rest of the car. Jordan liked the look of the green Mitsu in the first Fast and Furious movie, so we tried to give it a similar look to that car (what else can you do with a lime green car?) while still giving Jordans Fiero it's own unique identity. Similar but not exact by any means.
Don't worry, as the nose is still a work in progress. Please keep in mind that it will look "hopefully" much better than you see it here in these recent pics, but unfortunately we had to stop in the middle and throw a quick paint job on it so it at least would be semi presentable for the FINE '03 show. We have since continued working on the nose and everyday it looks better and better. Jordan checks out a few mags that he has that have pics of cars he likes, and shows us what he wants certain things to look like, and then we try and get it as close as possible on the limited (near zero) budget we are working off of LOL.
Remember that this IS supposed to be a Fast and Furious style look when are done, so whether you like that style or not that is what Jordan wants and what we are all shooting for per his requests.
He likes the look of the big import body kit noses and wide mouth effect that some have, so that is what we are attempting here in this current "try" on the nose. Not sure if we will reach that or not, but after three hours or so of work on it today for example, it does look a lot better than it does in the pics from the FINE show.

Steve

Edited because I can't type worth beans

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 07-01-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2003 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by Oneredfiero:

Wow, Total rice. I bet half the brands you have sticker of, you don't have there products. I'm sorry it shouldn't mader if you 9 or 19. Rice is rice. There are things on this car that i like. But there are alot more fieros done tastefuly that peolpe on this board make fun of for being "rice". I know this is your thread so no "too much bandwidth coments". Just venting (i hope that's still allowed).
Thanks

Well, I have to ask. What makes a modded up car like this one, as people have been doing for many many years, suddenly make it rice? Rice is just the latest slang word that has caught on that unfortunately gets thrown around way to much lately in my opinion.
I had a '73 Plymouth Duster back in 1980 that I added an aftermarket spoiler, flared fenders, hood tach, decals for the stuff in or on the car and many, many more mods (just like many other gear heads do) and I don't see much of a difference here than with my car then.
Second, it is obvious that you didn't read this whole thread because I stated at least once earlier on that any decals/stickers that actually went on the car would be for actual things on or in Jordans car. No fake or made up stuff.
It does have an AEM cold air intake, it has an APC gear shift, etc, etc, for all decals that are on the car for.

I have yet had anyone call me or Jordan on the carpet for a decal that is on the car because we don't actually have the product to back up the decal nor will we, as we have been very carefull to make this as real and true to what it is as we can

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt88:

And you must tell me exactly how you colored your vinyl black, because this is the only black I've seen that looked original and not painted!

The stuff is called "Molecubond" Color Refinisher. It is perfect for leather, vinyl, fiberglass and other stuff. It says that it is better than paint because it locks in color penetrating below the surface forming a moilecular bond. It won't crack, peel or rub off and dries in minutes.
Whatever it does or however it works Jordan and I think the stuff is awesome!!
We picked up a can and tried it. The next day I went back and picked up three more cans and did a lot more of the interior. K-Mart was where we found it, but other places I guess carry it also.
We took out many pieces like the center console for example and then sprayed each part of the interior that way. We let them dry and then reinstalled them. For some things like the dash and parts of the plastic interior like the A pillars and side pillar sections behind the seats where the seat belts mount, we just masked off around them so we wouldn't have overspray. Your right, the interior looks totally original and doesn't have that sprayed "painted" look.

Steve

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
My point is if this car was owned by a 19year old kid there would be nothing but flames. I realy wish i knew how to bring up old thraeds.
And not to get confused, the coment about the stickers was my attempt on showing how this thread would go if it was owned by someone older.
I like somethings you 2 have done and have not comented on what i don't like about the car.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

My point is if this car was owned by a 19year old kid there would be nothing but flames. I realy wish i knew how to bring up old thraeds.
And not to get confused, the coment about the stickers was my attempt on showing how this thread would go if it was owned by someone older.
I like somethings you 2 have done and have not comented on what i don't like about the car.

I agree with you 100%. It shouldn't matter how young or old you are. Everyone should show some respect even when giving there opinion to other people and their cars. It is your car after all and so do with as you like. Granted on a public forum with over thousands of members you are going to get many different opinions. Some opinions just won't agree with others obviously and that is fine as long as they don't go on and on about it like some do or get down right nasty and insulting.
Many know that I have stated my opinion at times and my disagreement to the ricer comments on many of those threads you are probably refering to, where people have flamed someone that has put a few decals on their Fiero or an import wing on the deck lid or what have you.
Chester said in a recent post showing pics of Jordans Fiero "cough rice" (I assume it was in jest ) and yet he has an import spoiler on his rear deck and decals along the body using him as just one example of others on here. I don't hear anyone calling that rice and rightly so. Of course him saying that about Jordans Fiero seems a bit hypicrital so he must have just been being funny
Ricer comments have gotten old real fast and everyone should really just give the ricer comments on threads a rest.

These are all just my opinion of course

Steve

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thank you fiero5. You said it hell of alot better then i could.
Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but do you still do those windshield graphics? I sent you an email about it but you didn't respond.
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTDirect Link to This Post
Man, from the first page, I was like GROSS! LOL, but man o man, that car is turning out to be freaking awesome, You guys are doing a great job. I do like it.

Adam

PFF
System Bot
Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
When I first started the car hobby in the mid 1970s the fad was side pipe exhausts and the stickers went in the rear quarter windows. Some cars had the goods to back up the look, others didn't, we had names for those that didn't. Today things have changed, acceleration is no longer the soul measure of a car, handling is a big issue as well, and of course there have always been the customs which put looks first (and rightly so).

I guess the point I am getting at is that this car represents a very valid, and dare I say tasteful, attempt at individuality. The car has progressed from some rather questionable beginnings to the present form which is looking the part (correct decals and all). I like it, and except for the occasional car which shows no sense of style or performance, I think we need to stop putting labels on other peoples work. After all, have any of you seen some of the German body kits put on Porsches these days? No one calls these "rice" because of the pedigree of the car itself, but in many cases they are garrish and tasteless, but if the kid up the street takes his Honda Civic, adds Altezza style tail-lights, an agressive front facia, big wheels, an exhaust system and a wild paint job he gets labelled, although his car may actually be quite good looking and far more individual.

I have said before that I am guilty of labelling as well, then I think about the past 20 years and realize that, for the first time since the early 70s, liking cars is cool again. The latest import tuner movement is a rebirth of interest in cars and I like that alot.

Sorry about the soapbox, don't trip over it on the way out.

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Monza76

1298 posts
Member since Jul 2002
Hey Steve, from the front the new front facia looks pretty good, let me suggest raising it at the front and bringing it back so that it does not angle downward or protrude as far. Add black fillers to the lower sides to fill the open area and match up with the Fiero rocker panels and maybe even add some splitters. If I were better with the graphics programs I would give you a better example of what I mean, but here is an attempt:
From this:

To this

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 07-01-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 07-01-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
That is too funny Ira, as I did almost the same thing in photoshop myself a few days ago. Great minds think alike I guess

Here are a few more pics. These are from last nights local cruise in that Jordan and I took his Fiero to:

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 07-02-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000

As a bonus surprise, my Dad shows up in his awesome blue 87 GT

My Dad could have parked next to Jordans, but right before he showed up this Corvette owner who had lots of better and bigger spaces to park his Vette in decided instead to squeeze in and park next to Jordans:

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Here is the very proud owner with his car...Jordan!

A last minute adjustment of something. Jordan is a very detail oriented person who knows what he wants and how it should look, so everything has to be just right

Some nice shots of his interior

Another shot of his purdy engine

Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTDirect Link to This Post
Any problems with that Intake sucking in too much hot air?

Looking Really good Man, Im really astonished.

Adam

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
It's really coming along!

...so, what's the story on the front fascia... I can't identify what was used for the shape?

ClearDark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClearDarkSend a Private Message to ClearDarkDirect Link to This Post
Hey Steve,

I have to say, this is the most unique looking Fiero ive seen, besides Kaz's. I am the most anti-rice person you will meet, so there are some aspects I dont care for, but its great that your doing this for you son. He is probably the only kid in his grade that already has his own car

On another note, that car would look better with a Aero nose as stated before. But, it would look even sweeter with 17-18" rims. I just bought a set of 17" 5 Zonig Mo5's for my Golf GT. Brand new tires too. I only paid 400$ for them. Let me know, I can probably find a decent set of chromes or regulars for pretty cheap in the 350-500$ range. Just give me the offsets.

Here is a pic of my rims. 17x7 4x100. Also wrapped in brand new Kumho tires. 400$ shipped from VA

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arizona85GT:

Any problems with that Intake sucking in too much hot air?

Looking Really good Man, Im really astonished.

Adam

No problems with the cold air intake that we have noticed so far.
It has been on the car for about two weeks or so and we have had the mother of all heat waves here for the last two weeks as well, so it has certainly been a great test for it.

We still have a few additional surprises coming up soon, but she's getting there

Steve

PFF
System Bot
InsaneIntensity

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 95
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2003 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InsaneIntensitySend a Private Message to InsaneIntensityDirect Link to This Post
That car is getting uglier everday....pity was a nice fiero before...now its...uhhh someone help me out...
MIM104

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MIM104Send a Private Message to MIM104Direct Link to This Post
I gotta say, It looks really good. At first, with the purple accents, it was kinda ugly, but now, it all seems to fit together. BTW...I love the seats, who makes them and where did you get them? (sorry if this was already asked)
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

It's really coming along!

...so, what's the story on the front fascia... I can't identify what was used for the shape?

Its a Subaru Legacy fascia flipped upside down
We now have a GT Aero nose that we can use, so this current one may stay or it may go. Were still undecided at the moment.

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by MIM104:

I gotta say, It looks really good. At first, with the purple accents, it was kinda ugly, but now, it all seems to fit together. BTW...I love the seats, who makes them and where did you get them? (sorry if this was already asked)

I bought them at Carquest on sale. We were actually only looking for a red $1.99 tail lens insert to finish making his Altezza tail light conversion and we spotted this sweet black with red reclining racing seat. I asked how much, then asked again, then confirmed that was for BOTH, and then asked if they came in yellow.
The rest is history
As for the brand, they told us that they are made by a division of Sparco. They are sort of a cheaper version of the fancier Sparco seats without the Sparco logo on the headrest section. The logo that is there is kinda cool and is pretty colorfull.
They fully recline and even include the rails.
We liked them more for the price than anything else. The rest was just a bonus. Paid less for the set of two than you usually do for just one cheap non reclining seat without even the rails.
Ya gotta love that.

Steve

80's BOY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 340
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2003 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
All I'm gonna say is don't let your son help you paint the house.
Muddy2

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2003 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Muddy2Click Here to visit Muddy2's HomePageSend a Private Message to Muddy2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by InsaneIntensity:

That car is getting uglier everday....pity was a nice fiero before...now its...uhhh someone help me out...

My guess is you dont have kids, and to respond in funny with what you said... Your opinion is getting worth less everyday. pity you're an idiot.

------------------
Ray - rturner@fieronews.com
The Ultimate Fiero Site - FieroNews.com

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2003 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Muddy2:

My guess is you dont have kids, and to respond in funny with what you said... Your opinion is getting worth less everyday. pity you're an idiot.

Not directed to Muddy2
But it's ok to make fun of a car done simaler just becuse you don't know them. Man it pisses me of how some people can say oh great job. Then burn another. Case in point the thread fiero+rice=click. Imagine if you will how much humiliation jordan is going to face when he dose get his licsence and rolls this to high school. Granted they have done alot of work and it's good to do something family oriented. I grew up with no family. But I've kept my negitive coments to my self but getting sick of the. wow it looks so good even with all the stick on fake scoops i could go on but won't.

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2003 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
onered, my thread "rice+fiero=click for answer" was just a little thing i chose to do cause i had nothing better to do, everyone got worked up about it, i was just expressing my opinion of that car, that is all, not of any other at the time
i bash whatever cars i choose to, as it is my right to free speech and freedom of expression (not trying to hide behind these rights at all), bash my opinions if u must, but it wont change my ways, i personally like jordans car, it is a very nice thing that steve (fiero5) is doing for his son
PLUS, jordan's car lacks a major component of 'rice', a fart can, thats the MAIN reason why i hate ricey cars, i cant understand the fact why someone would want their car to sound like it has massive gas problem
again, just my opinions, and not guna change

steve and jordan, keep up the good work, its always fun to see what u guys are up to, but ya gotta get that aero nose modded up, the subaru legacy one doesnt seem to run along with the fiero's lines if u ask me.
~Mark

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2003 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oneredfiero:Imagine if you will how much humiliation jordan is going to face when he dose get his licsence and rolls this to high school.

He's only 10 years old. He might not even have this fiero when he's old enough to drive.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2003 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Imagine if you will how much humiliation jordan is going to face when he dose get his licsence and rolls this to high school. Granted they have done alot of work and it's good to do something family oriented. I grew up with no family. But I've kept my negitive coments to my self but getting sick of the. wow it looks so good even with all the stick on fake scoops i could go on but won't.

I work at a very large High School and when I drive his Green Fast and Furious Beast to work, the kids are all in awe and drool over seeing me pull in driving it. If Jordan still has this car by the time he is old enough and if the Fast and Furious import look is still popular which I am sure it will be, I bet Jordan will get at least the same reaction from the student body then, as I do now.
As for the fake scoops, even many scoops that are "technically" functional, don't really do much if anything really so lets not beat the "fake" scoops to death. Added that Jordans car is more show than go, so the need to cut holes in places just to make the scoops technically functional is not needed. BUT believe me, Jordans Fiero also has lots of GO as well. Whether his scoops are currently functional or not, doesn't take away from the pure WOW! factor that this Fiero has and is what he is shooting for.
Last night we went up street to get some Pizza for dinner. It was about 9pm as we had been prepping Jordans green beast and the Indy to be in the 4th of July parade for today, so it was pretty dark out at that point. While we were in the Pizza place waiting I spot some lady at a gas station accross the street jumping out of her Jeep with a camera. We watch as she runs accross the street and over to where Jordans Fiero is parked. We had it all lit up with all the internal and external neons on. We watch as she snaps picture after picture of Jordans car, getting lots of different angles and then a few of the interior as the windows were down. About the time we decided to go out and say hi, she was then running back accross the street and jumped into her Jeep and drove off. It didn't end there.
On the way home we stopped at a store to get ice cream. As we climbed out of the Fiero, we hear some kid yelling "Nice car!". We look and "again" accross the street we have someone who has taken a lot of interest in Jordans Fiero. There are a bunch of imports parked off to the side at another gas station accross the street, and this one kid especially is trying to get our attention.
The other vday we got swamped at a car parts store by a bunch of teenagers with imports asking us all sorts of questions about his Fiero. Where did we get the wing, what does the engine look like, how did we do this and that, etc, etc.
Jordans Fiero gets people young and old interested in and curious about the car, which if any of you had forgotten is a Fiero after all so that is a GOOD thing.
This kind of stuff happens ALL the time to us whenever we take Jordans Fiero anywhere.
So, say what you want about this particular Fiero and Jordans current choices on how he wants it to look. Whenever we go anywhere in it, Jordans Fiero gets the EXACT reaction that he is going for. That Fast and Furious looking "WOW!" effect.
He has Nailed that look with his car. Not to mention that we are all having a blast doing it together, with also some help from his grandfather (87V6GT) and his Mom (LVMY88).

Nuff said

Oh, BTW: I have a quicktime video of the Indy and F&F Fieros in the 4th of July parade today for anyone who would like to see it Just e-mail us.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 07-04-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
80's BOY

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2003 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
Okay Fiero5, with that last post I gotta jump in here. Your car is your business, and I think it's great that you and your son have a project. But don't set there and tell me that all these people are "going nuts" over your car like it's the best thing since sliced bread. With that being said it would be wise at this point in the thread that you humble yourself some and let your son have his fun. I too agree that if he were driving this car at my old high school he would probably get beat up after class in the parking lot. Import trends or no import trends, there is a fine line between "modified" and "gauddy". You have lost site of those lines. I can understand how it is all in fun, much like some of the painted up "Bubba" trucks here in Texas. Like I said it's your car but just quit with the preaching already about how great it is. And those that know me probably know that I am holding WAAAAYY back on this topic and have been for awhile.

That lady taking the pics probably works for the "ricecop" webpage and had never seen anything like that before.

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2003 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
LOL.. Thats all i'm going to say.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2003 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarkJPana:

PLUS, jordan's car lacks a major component of 'rice', a fart can
~Mark

No, the main ricer componet Jordan and Steve are missing is that obnoxious ricer attitude. Many people (they tend to be younger kids) who have riced out their cars get this "my car is awesome and if you don't think so, then f*** you loser" thing going. Most threads I've seen here and elsewhere about rice cars always end up with the owner of the rice calling everyone names, threatening people, and then storming off like a kid with a tantrum. Even when you meet them on the street, if you say anything even slightly negative, they're ready to fight.

With this car, though, there's none of that. Steve and Jordan are having fun working on it together, and it has definetely moved into rice-land. Steve's posted pictures, accepted compliments from some, criticism from others, with grace and style either way. Offer a ricer kid criticism, even good-natured criticism, and see what happens .

Let's face it, rice is just today's hot rod. Kids are buying old cars they can afford and fixing them up, just like generations before them. But this generation has a lot of inexpensive import 4-bangers available to them. Flames, shaker hoods, and monster V8's have given way to neon, huge wings, and turbo 4 cylinders. For the 60's crowd, what did your parents think of your hot rod efforts? Did you get praise and compliments, or was it more "stupid young kids and their damn cars"?. Today's ricer crowd just needs to learn manners. OK, many of these cars are not to my taste, but I admire the effort, and also the creativity. And some of those tiny 4 bangers really move. But it's not so much their cars that are not being accepted, it's the owners people don't like. And of course, not all ricers are like this, but there's enough jack@sses around to give the whole crowd a bad name.

Just a misc rambling...

------------------
Brad
86 GT 5 speed
Aren't all Fieros project cars?

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2003 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
OK OK OK. Look people, we all realize how bad the car looks. The only place most of us would drive it would be off a cliff. However, it's their thing so let them do it without hating. I agree 80s Boy that Steve shouldn't talk it up, but maybe his son reads this thread and he's doing it for his pleasure.

In response to Oneredfiero. You've never seen a little cousin or little brother/sisters drawing from school, or art project etc. and said "Oh wow that looks really great" when in reality it looks like something the dog chewed up, ate then squirted out in liquid diarrhea form? Give em a break.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2003 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Don't get me wrong, we also get the "what a stupid car" at times or "What a piece of $hit" now and then. It happens. I think all of us Fiero owners have heard that at one time or another and we get it with this Fiero as well, but it is rare. I think I get more of those silly comments when I am in one of our more normal looking Fieros as bizaar as that may seem. They say jealosy is a form of flattery I think
But let me get this straight, now we are getting bashed by a few on here for having the "gall" to talk up and show off the very car we have been pooring blood sweat and tears over for months?
We constantly get questions, compliments, smiles, waves and great looks all the time from a wide variety of people when we cruise around or when we park somewhere in this unique and one of a kind Fiero. If any of you are going to get mad over any of us mentioning that fact now and again, especially in our own thread, than you really need to go to another forum because that attitude is all over this forum with many proud Fiero owners talking up and showing off their Fieros on here all the time. We have thread after thread of some proud Fiero owner showing off their new rims, new side scoops, new paint job, new dash, new carpet, new seat belt pads, new steering wheel, new engine, new spoiler, new seats, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.
If we can't proudly show off what we have been working hard on and talking up the reactions we get when cruising around without getting slammed by someone for doing so, then someone please tell me what the heck this forum is for then????

Whenever we drive around in one of our more plain Fieros or even my slightly custom '84 Fiero1 we get some looks now and then which is cool, and when we drive around in even the Indy we get a few more looks now and then which is always nice, BUT when we drive around in Jordans F&F Fiero it is a whole other level of attention which is pretty wild. Granted many are from the import crowd that is buzzing around or parked somewhere but just as many are from the average person. It's painted a bright lime green which makes it stand out all by itself just with that, but than add all these mods and other goodies and now it really stands out.

If you don't like to see and hear us showing off the latest additions on this Fiero in, our own thread no less, and/or talking about any of our ongoing experiences with this Fiero then may I suggest simply not clicking on this thread to begin with. If you don't like this Fiero for any reason that is totally fine, as we all know that everyone has there own personal tastes, likes and dislikes.
If I do not happen to like something on a particular thread (which isn't that often as I am always in awe of what others are doing and coming up with) and my possible replying is not going to help or offer anything positive to it, then I simply click the back button in my browser and go on to another thread of possible interest. You have to admit that there are enough threads here on Pennocks to look at and read, that if you happen to come accross a particular thread that you don't like, no one is forcing you to click the reply button now are they?

Lastly, if you think we are all full of ourselves, then our reaction to that is "Hell yeah!".
We are proud of this car as we are with all of our cars for one reason or another and we are not afraid to show it off with pics and to tell a cool experience now and then in the process.
I believe that is one of the reasons for this forum and many proud Fiero owners just like Jordan and I are using it to do just that.

For those of you are enjoying this thread, Jordan and I will have some more great pics posted soon. Jordan, his grandfather and I have been hard at work with even more cool things we have been doing with Jordans unique Fiero, so stay tuned

Steve

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2003 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 80's BOY:

...there is a fine line between "modified" and "gauddy". You have lost site of those lines. I can understand how it is all in fun... Like I said it's your car but just quit with the preaching already about how great it is...

youre just itching for more negative ratings, arent you...

its Jordan's car, and hes doing to it as he pleases. personally, i like everything about that car except for the green, cuz im not a fan of having any car in any shade of green. I like what Jordan has done to it, i think it makes the notchback fiero look a little more racecar-ish. And, its a good father-son project for Steve and Jordan. I was just talking with my dad, and were looking at an 800 dollar GT that needs a lot of work and we thought it would be a good father-son project. projects like the GT with my dad and the Green car with Steve and Jordan are good ways for our fathers to teach us about how to work on cars and things like that. i dont know why everyone is dissing this car! i think its really cool. Steve, tell Jordan that i like his car.

I'm sorry if some of this doesnt make sense, I'm really tired and i cant thik straight.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2003 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 80's BOY:

Okay Fiero5, with that last post I gotta jump in here. Your car is your business, and I think it's great that you and your son have a project.

Thanks. We have really had fun so far, and it is nice to have something to do together other than watch TV or play video games

But don't set there and tell me that all these people are "going nuts" over your car like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Well, actually we get that kind of response quite often. Come on up sometime and I will take you for a ride in it and let you see it for yourself first hand

With that being said it would be wise at this point in the thread that you humble yourself some and let your son have his fun.

Oh, he is having a blast believe me
There is nothing someone likes more than having people stop you and say "Wow, I love your car" or hearing "Your car is awesome".

I too agree that if he were driving this car at my old high school he would probably get beat up after class in the parking lot.

I don't think so but thanks for your helpfull comment. What is it with some of you people and getting beat up? I don't think a car get's you beat up. As someone mentioned earlier it is the attitude that usually get's a response like that.
From the look of your ratings bar I would say you have a very good attitude

Import trends or no import trends, there is a fine line between "modified" and "gauddy". You have lost site of those lines.

Lost sight? he has a stack of Import and compact car mags that he is using for many of nis ideas. If anything, his sight is dead on with most of the import and custom compact trends.
BTW: This is a custom Fiero, not modified. Just ask the people that ran any of the recent Fiero shows we took it to
Seriously though dude, you need to just learn to relax a little more and take things a little more lightly. It's a customized Fiero, not a weapon of mass destruction for crying out loud LOL

I can understand how it is all in fun, much like some of the painted up "Bubba" trucks here in Texas. Like I said it's your car but just quit with the preaching already about how great it is.

Like I said earlier, if you don't like hearing us brag about this car, then go whine on some other forum.
Here, I bet this one is just perfect for you: http://complain.proboards15.com/

And those that know me probably know that I am holding WAAAAYY back on this topic and have been for awhile.

I can easily see by your rating bar how much everyone has come to know you

That lady taking the pics probably works for the "ricecop" webpage and had never seen anything like that before.

Um, yeah sure, whatever you say

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black88GT:

OK OK OK. Look people, we all realize how bad the car looks. The only place most of us would drive it would be off a cliff.

Ouch! How bad it looks? Drive it off a cliff?
Ok then, thanks.

However, it's their thing so let them do it without hating.

Yeah..uh.. what he said. Um, but waite..he also said....oh, never mind.

I agree 80s Boy that Steve shouldn't talk it up, but maybe his son reads this thread and he's doing it for his pleasure.

Call it what you want, but we call it telling a really nice experience. As for your implying that we are making these up saying for Jordans pleasure, NOT hardly. Let me try and explain for you another way as you are obviously having a hard time with the concept of "relaying or telling a nice experience".
Have you ever parked your Fiero and as you are walking away you suddenly catch yourself looking back at it and admiring that great looking vehicle? Have you ever caught someone else checking it out and remember how good that felt? It's the same thing here too my friend

In response to Oneredfiero. You've never seen a little cousin or little brother/sisters drawing from school, or art project etc. and said "Oh wow that looks really great" when in reality it looks like something the dog chewed up, ate then squirted out in liquid diarrhea form? Give em a break.

Is that whats called a left handed compliment? I think I got diarrhea just from reading it LOL

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 07-05-2003).]

80's BOY

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2003 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
So you've got a stack of IMPORT mags, a project car based on a movie based on IMPORT cars, and an IMPORT crowd in which you say gives you most praise.

But the Fiero is a freakin' DOMESTIC CAR !!!! Damn just go buy him a Civic for God's sakes and quit molesting the Pontiac Fiero; a domestic car made by Americans.

Don't get me wrong. I think you both have done a fabulous job on craftmanship and dedication. Just take your skills and use them for the appropriate vehicle.

Like an IMPORT vehicle.

That's just like me trying to put ungodly HP in the back of the Fiero. My younger brother who has a 1956 Chevy prostreet drag car told me once "you picked the WRONG car to do the RIGHT way". Think about that. I feel it applies to you.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock