Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions by Fiero5
Started on: 10-28-2002 11:06 AM
Replies: 310
Last post by: Fiero5 on 10-16-2003 08:15 PM
Tweek

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweekSend a Private Message to TweekDirect Link to This Post
LOL I like the lime green and purple, only because it stands out so much and is so outrageous that no one else would do it.

As for the 85gt, I saw it like 2 years ago and I really liked it, I mean, it was 15 years old and did not just roll out of the showroom yesterday, but I thought it was in nice shape... heheh I would drive it. See ya.

IP: Logged
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2002 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweek:

LOL I like the lime green and purple, only because it stands out so much and is so outrageous that no one else would do it.

As for the 85gt, I saw it like 2 years ago and I really liked it, I mean, it was 15 years old and did not just roll out of the showroom yesterday, but I thought it was in nice shape... heheh I would drive it. See ya.

Thanks Tweek
Yeah, it was in very nice shape.

Say, I haven't seen any recent pics of your new ride lately?
Did you happen to get that painted stripe off yet?

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
OK, to answer a few questions.
The purple leather paint I used on things like the leather steering wheel is this stuff:

This stuff is awesome and there are lots of colors available.

The interior paint I am using on other areas is this brand:

It is OK, nothing great.

For the Exterior purple trim, I used this stuff:

No runs, no drips no...blah, blah

Steve

KlaX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KlaXClick Here to visit KlaX's HomePageSend a Private Message to KlaXDirect Link to This Post
We can call it the "Grouch Sh*T Mobile"

Your son will like the grouch from sesame street and it is that color green that the "Grouch" has, also the grouch lives in a trash can and thats the only place that hideous heep of metal could of come from.

Not my Cup of Tea no offense, I say Destruction Derby sounds like a good home.

------------------

Check out Pictures of My Fiero and WhiteFieroGT's Here

[This message has been edited by KlaX (edited 11-07-2002).]

watdge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for watdgeSend a Private Message to watdgeDirect Link to This Post
Nah nah, you've got it all wrong!

He's bringin' back the Ninga Turtle style! The "Donatello Mobile.."

I don't know how it would be for fighting, "but it does look like it's competing for the top position in the Gay pride parade." -KlaX

Actually, I think it looks like you melted all of my old Turtle action figures...I don't know... It's not my style, and it shouldn't be yours!

"And that's all I have to say about that..."

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Actually my son never got into Sesame Street and Ninja Turtles is too old for him.
he is into Pokemon. Hmmmm...Maybe we can make it look like a Pokemon character
Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
this makes a great back up car and something Jordan and I can have some fun with and look back on many years from now.
My 9 year old son loves to do things with me and is always complaining that Daddy spends to much time working on his Fieros. I thought this would be a fun thing to do with my little buddy and also maybe get him more interested in Fieros. He immediately showed great interest in doing something with me on the lime green beast when we got it, so away we went

Your car there terrifies me. In fact, I may have nightmares for the first time in years. But I respect a family man. Kudos.

Believe me, if he gets bored or loses interest in this, I will be changing a lot on this Fiero real quick!

I believe that pushing it as a flaming ball off of a bridge into a lake would suit it quite nicely. After all its been put through it deserves to go out in a cool way.

As for the shows.. Well, I'd say just yank the fuel pump fuse. Then you can show Jordan that it doesnt run and then resort (ya know, as a 'back up' plan ) to taking the Indy..

------------------

The Black Beauty (85 GT) - Bustedato (86 SE, Parts car)
Nobody likes a loser, be a cheater.
RAPE ME!! Er, wait, no.. That's not quite right.. RATE ME!

watdge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for watdgeSend a Private Message to watdgeDirect Link to This Post
I suppose . But when is he going to drive this -thing-?

------------------

watdge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for watdgeSend a Private Message to watdgeDirect Link to This Post

watdge

242 posts
Member since Sep 2000
Well, since I missed the whole family man portion of the topic, my opinion has changed That's sweet. If my dad had bought me a car like that to help me out with when I was 7, I would be hoppin' with joy. As far as dad points go, if I were your son, I'd give a 10 to ya.

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by watdge:

I suppose . But when is he going to drive this -thing-?

Well let's see, he is 9 now, so in 7 years when he is 16 and get's his license he should be good to go

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Sig test

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 11-07-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
it's called quality time. the guy's having some fun hanging out with his son. more dads should do that, even if it is looking sort of barney-ish. how come the piece in front of the sail panel isnt purple too?

------------------
'84 2m4 se, a work in progress

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

it's called quality time. the guy's having some fun hanging out with his son. more dads should do that, even if it is looking sort of barney-ish. how come the piece in front of the sail panel isnt purple too?

Its funny that you mention that, as Jordan and I were actually thinking of painting that part of the sail purple too

Steve & Jordan
------------------

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
Hey, Steve, if you want some cool looking stripes for it, I should be able to get this kit in any color you want, if you're interested let me know.

------------------
Nick
AIM: Naskie182010 www.naskie18.com

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

Hey, Steve, if you want some cool looking stripes for it, I should be able to get this kit in any color you want, if you're interested let me know.

I thought I had some like that in different colors but I can't seem to find them

Steve

KlaX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KlaXClick Here to visit KlaX's HomePageSend a Private Message to KlaXDirect Link to This Post
WEll that would be like positive 2,000,000 brownie points if my dad bought me a fiero to mess with, since my parents never really got me into cars.

And if you do push the barny mobile off a bridge in a fiery blaze make sure barney's fat gay annoying dinosaur a*s is in it. I'll give you 20$ for a picture of barney screeming mid way to his death.

Or not, its your call.

------------------

Check out Pictures of My Fiero and WhiteFieroGT's Here

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
Its funny that you mention that, as Jordan and I were actually thinking of painting that part of the sail purple too
Steve & Jordan

i was just looking at it anbd thought it needed more purple higher up, and i noticed you'd done all the black trim except...

"barney-mobile". frightening in a way, but cute. doesnt barney the purple dinosaur have a green triceratops friend?

------------------
'84 2m4 se, a work in progress

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Well, since Jordan and I are "sharing" this, I thought I would show a few more pics of him with it

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2003 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Jordan has decided as no one has yet to want to buy his Green Beast, that he would like to change what he originally wanted to do on it.
NOW he wants to make it look like one of the cars from one of his favorite movies: The Fast and the Furious.
Here are some sneak peaks of what it is starting to look like now:

OK, We are ready for the NOS jokes, so fire away LOL

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 04-01-2003).]

Tweek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2003 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweekSend a Private Message to TweekDirect Link to This Post
You should get a can of chrome spray paint and repaint the wheels with it.

NOS is old school now.

Supercharged with Propane injection!!!

heheheh

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2003 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
what are you gonna do for colors now then? Still purple and green? Tell him about Orange if he wants fast and the furious. Then go Pontiac Orange. He gets are car that is a mock of F&F and you get a car that stays true to Pontiac.

------------------

87 GT w/T-Tops
If you like what I am contributing, please vote.

PFF
System Bot
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2003 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
My Dad and I work on the Fieros together when we get the chance.*

* None of the work we have done has involved anything Lime Green or Purple.

LOL.

Thats great that its something that you and your son can enjoy.

[This message has been edited by DJRice (edited 04-01-2003).]

ToddAsh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddAshSend a Private Message to ToddAshDirect Link to This Post
I just think its great your doing this with your son. My daughter and I spent years of quality time racing go-karts and 1/4 midgets. Some of the best times of my life.Last weekend I helped her glue little plasic animals on the dash and console of her Cherokee Limited.Nothing like quality time together.Good Job with your son.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2003 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Thanks everyone. Yeah, he is a very special kid and really enjoys doing stuff like this with his Dad..and his Grandpa too

To see more pics of the Green Fast and the Furious Fiero Beast, check out page 18 on this site:
http://members.cardomain.com/fiero5

Keep watching for this thread as more pics of Jordan and his Fiero to come real soon

Steve & Jordan

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 04-02-2003).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2003 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Gee the green was starting to grow on me, but that SPOILER?! BLEH!!!

As far as paint, either lose the green or lose the tan. They just don't go together.

Wish MY dad liked cars.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2003 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Monday I was coming home from the High School where I work, and I stopped by the Autozone on the way to look for some "goodies". When I got back in the green beast and turned the key, all I got was a clicking sound each time I turned the key. I had power but it wouldn't turn over, just clicked each time I tried.
I know the manager at the autozone very well, as having 18 Fieros will do that..knowhatimean?
Anyway, I went back in and asked him if he could give me a small push. he grabbed his jacket as it was freakin' cold out there with the wind and all. He knew I didn't need him to push me very far so as soon as he got it moving I yelled "OK" and I popped the clutch and she fired right up. I thanked him and said that it looked like I would be back to get a starter. Man those GM starters suck!!

So I had to take Fiero8 to work this morning as Jordans Green Beast was temporarily down. I called Autozone from work later in the morning and they gave me a deal on a starter for $35.
My Dad ran up around 2pm and picked it up for me and started changing it at about 3pm. He got it almost done by the time I got home from work about an hour later. After fixing a few other things he saw while he was working on the car, he ran into a bit of snag as the old starter didn't have a shim. The new starter made a funny buzzing noise without the shim and wouldn't start the car. As we have been going thru starters like candy for who can remember how long now with all these Fieros we have all over the place, my Dad fwas able to quickly find 3 shims down cellar, so he was all set. he loosened the starter enough to slide in the shim and then tightened it all back up. A quick turn of the key and "Vrooooom!"
Thanks again Dad
The green Beast is back up and riunning in less than 24 hours!

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Gee the green was starting to grow on me, but that SPOILER?! BLEH!!!

As far as paint, either lose the green or lose the tan. They just don't go together.

Wish MY dad liked cars.

Sorry, but for the time being the spoiler stays
The purple trim is now all but gone, now in favor of part of it being back to the original black like on the bumper pads and some being the lime green color now like the center trim.
I agree on the interior, the tan has got to go. But what to do instead has us puzzled at the moment. I think some color change inside is in order, either do a swap of the tan interior for a grey interior, or maybe spray the interior another color like maybe a green and yellow combo?
If we spray the interior different color(s), it seems a shame to color over that nice tan interior.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Steve & Jordan
http://members.cardomain.com/fiero5

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 04-02-2003).]

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
i accually like that spoiler it looks good on the car along witht he purple and green lol it sure does stand out and steve you got a cute kid too im sure hes going to go up just like daddy and be a fiero nut too

keep on havein fun with your boy and keep the updates rollin

Chris

------------------
see my toys click here

85 se 2m4

Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My7Fieros:

Man, I really hate to sound negative, but I gotta say this. Ive always liked the work you've done on your Fieros...especialy the Indy. But just who exactly told you that lime green and purple are a good combination? Its one thing if your 7 year old son (cant remember how old he is/Im guessing) thinks it looks cool..but really man. That has got to be the most hiddeous combination of colors I think Ive ever seen lol. I know you like to be "different"..but the fact that you drive a Fiero is different enough....you dont exactly pass yourself ever few minutes in one of these cars. Lime green and purple....yikes. Sorry, really, but that is plain hiddeous. (Your other cars are cool though!)

I just read this for the first time in a long time, and both times, it cracked me up! This is a classic response...

kv

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd has performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe 5-spd, hardtop, rackless decklid, 13-in rally steel rims

StansGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTDirect Link to This Post
To answer My7Fieros first response... LOL! I think I was the first to recommend the purple.. However, with green, it would seem like purple would be a natural response..

Love the car though,, great work! You and your son should wins some awards at shows for this one...

------------------
02' 3800SC Poly, Koni, Enkei

87V6GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87V6GTClick Here to visit 87V6GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87V6GTDirect Link to This Post
Just an update on the car. This lime green car was at Bob Parkers in Conn.one time when we went down to get parts.Steve asked Bob about it.Bob said he could have it.He allready had too meany coupes for parts and this color was not standard.Who would want panels of this color?Steve traided a chevy corsica for it. Sooo, the rest is history. I kind of like the color, but not the wing.Russ K.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kelvin Vivian:

I just read this for the first time in a long time, and both times, it cracked me up! This is a classic response...

kv

It's all in fun guys and gives my little buddy and I a BIG project to do together.
You should see his face when people strain their necks to look at it. I can't weait to see if we get a chance to take it to some shows and watch him work the crowd when they come over to check out his green beast
Let me say once again though that the purple is all but gone.
Did I say the purple is gone? Thought I did
Anyway, this car came allready painted the "lovely" lime green color. What else can you do with a lime green 2M4 but have fun with it? Maybe we should call it the transformer Fiero, as it will no doubt change it's looks again a few more times to come

More pics coming soon!

Steve

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Hey there's an idea, make it into that Transformer Fiero, what was his name? You could paint the transformer logo on the hood!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I get a (pleasant) kick out of reading this thread. I personally think that the car is an excellent Father & Son project. And any father & son project is a good thing.

My Dad is the reason that I'm into Fieros- and cars at all. Without him being around- I'd be more lost than a ricer with a fat wallet and a new Honda with a squeaky brake

This is me & my Dad when I was 15... we were working on my 1st car, a beat up 117k mile '84SE.

Anyway- keep up the fun project. Jordan will remeber it forever- and I'm sure he'll always appreciate the time you spend with him!

Oh yeah- and Green does go with Tan... but only the right shade. I'd suggest a swap for a Gray interior if I were you.

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2003 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
LOL, I had forgotten about even replying to this thread back then! It is funny. Ive still gotta stick to my guns on my first post though. Glad to hear the purple is all but gone! PHEW! Of course now you've put the wing on it...guess its better though, trying to pick the lesser of two evils! J/k. Having 18 (!) Fieros though, guess having one looking like that is no big deal. Glad you and your son are having a good time working on the car! Now, if I could just somehow convince Jordon to like colors just a bit more basic.............................nah!
You two keep up the quality time!
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Here are a few more teaser pics:

I will post a few more in a minute of Jordan proudly working on his Fiero

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Here are a few sweet pics of my little buddy working away:

More pics to come real soon!

------------------

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
personaly i love that color scheme. honestly i would do that to my own fiero if i only had the money. i love eye-sore cars, you know, the ones that are so ugly that they are cool. take for instance the Zimmer Quicksilver, that is one ugly car!... I WANT ONE!!!
anyway i love the lime green/purple thing, GREAT JOB!

EDIT: momma never learned me how to spellll
------------------
thank you
Ted Nelson
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2M4 SE
"Dark Angel"
fieroman85@aol.com

[This message has been edited by tednelson83 (edited 04-10-2003).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2003 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Hey bring it to carlisle. Who cares who laughs at it. Ive seen a few ridiculous looking things there before. Everyone do their thing, its your car. I dont even care if anyone dont like my purple one, LOL. One of the cooks yesterday was outside the restaurant when i drove up in Raptor, went like this...

dont you have a vette.
ya.
why you driving that instead.
vettes no fun, every grandma has one
ya but vettes are cool and thats just a crappy ole fiero. You have to drive the vette to get people to notice you.
OK, wanna buy the vette??
na, dont have any money, I got an escort.

lmao

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Now that I am feeling a bit better, I thought I would post a few more sneak peaks of Jordans Fast and the Furious Fiero:

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock