Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions by Fiero5
Started on: 10-28-2002 11:06 AM
Replies: 310
Last post by: Fiero5 on 10-16-2003 08:15 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
hood center section 90 corvette
rear spoiler 90 camero
4.9 carbed with recurved dist
cavalier Z24 87 digital dash
true daul exhaust with cats no mufflers
beretta 16"wheels 225,55 front 245,50's rear
86 gt seats wheel 85 GT body panels 84indy nose 84 shell 5spd isuzu transaxle sunpro tach 85 decklid 3 core rad ac fan fiero store air dam and so on
IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
lime wires and coil are from accel dont know if they are still avalable
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2003 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Did the digital dash out of the '87 Z24 Cavalier need any modification to go in?
That is sweet! I like that better than the white face guages

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2003 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Wow, another page!
I guess I had better at least have a few fairly recent pics posted then:

Steve & Jordan

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2003 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Just found this other cool "above" shot:
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2003 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
the z24 dash is an easy swap but make sure you get the plugs with the cav dash it is just a pin swap to make it work in the fiero and you need to make the face plat and mask for the gauges
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2003 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I had a chance the other day to get a few pics of the green beast without any other cars in the way.

Now to try and at least get some kind of a chin spoiler on it and do something about matching up that rear bumper to the rest of the ground effects look

Steve

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2003 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Steve,

IMO I think this car looks much better with the aero front end vs the most recent nose you had on it. Keep us posted with the updates as you add more ground effects to the rear.

------------------

1st Place Winner - Stock 1985 GT Class
7/19/03 - 20th Anniversary Fiero Show
1985 Fiero GT - "Peg" - www.cardomain.com/id/wingnutmd

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2003 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
imagine those two driving down the highway together!
Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2003 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Looking good Steve and Jordan, wish I had something more to report but it is slow progress for the moment, I hope to get some real work done tomorrow morning.

Ira

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2003 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Lets try that again:

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 10-14-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2003 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Pretty cool shot:

Jordans latest mod ready to be installed. A growly performance muffler to replace the basic stock one currently on his dual exhaust:

A friend at works Porsche and the green beast:

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2003 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
A few pics of the "boys" toys. My Indy, Stephens black 86GT and Jordans Green Beast:

A waaaay back pic:

At a covered bridge while visiting with ig88vsbobafett:

vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2003 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogDirect Link to This Post
Hey!
Why don't you bring that car up here so I can drop a v8 into it Now that my car is done I've been looking for another v8 swap project! I can pm you my phone number if you would like to meet sometime.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2003 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by vwaltdog:

Hey!
Why don't you bring that car up here so I can drop a v8 into it Now that my car is done I've been looking for another v8 swap project! I can pm you my phone number if you would like to meet sometime.

Mmmmmm V8 heh heh

Yeah, we should meet up some time soon. We are getting ready to map out the fall foliage cruise so maybe we can meet up for that?
PM or e-mail me and we can talk.

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Check out Jordans newest sig pic!!

Thanks Nebiros88

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
The new graphics for Jordans hood compliments of DecalBoyz.com:

Thanks Barry
Here is Jordans Grandfather working on his black hood:

The black was faded in spots so we wanted to paint it with a fresh coat of black, cover that with a few coats of clear to really shine it up and then a few days later I buffed it down for a shine in time for the new decals that were being sent to Jordan.

Aaah! It's the hoodless Fiero!

Oooh, shiny:

Heh, heh
http://www.2fast2furious.biz/board.htm

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Jordan liked the look of the silver Nissan Skyline in the second Fast and Furious movie, as he liked the decals running down the right side of the hood. As mentioned above he wanted the same or similar look, so we had to take off his black hood to work on it. While it was off getting painted, we replaced it temporarliy with his original green one that it had come with:

Certainly looks different now without that awesome looking black hood with vents
Luckily it was only like this for a few days.

Interesting ad:

Steve & Jordan

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 10-15-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Hey, I can upload again

Jordan and I got up early Sunday morning and headed out to the 12th Annual Stratham Hill car show in his Green Fast & Furious Fiero. The Stratham NH all car show usually has a large Fiero class, but sadly due the threat of rain and then the weather actually backing up the threat very early on in the day the turnout from all car participants including the Fiero group was low. When all was said and done, Jordan took 2nd place against a small but very worthy group of fine examples of Pontiac excitement! He was up against some very stiff competition to win that 2nd place as I didn't think he had much of a chance to place against the others. He beat out a very low 20K miles all original flawless black '88 mint GT and a sweet mint red '84 SE that had won first place over 12 plus other awesome Fieros at the Rye NH show only a few weeks earlier. Jordan and I had added a few last minute touches on his Fiero over the past few days leading up to the show as I was finally able to work through all the pain at that time of being in and out of the hospital. We tried to make it look that much more unique for the many voting show attendees.
Here are some pics:

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 10-21-2003).]

weldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weldonClick Here to visit weldon's HomePageSend a Private Message to weldonDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Jordon!!! Nice trophy.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
A few trophy pics from the show.
Getting his trophy:

Checking it out:

The congradulatory hand shake:

Thats one proud Fiero owner

Steve

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Well, I was finally able to scan some pics as many have asked where we got some of the ideas for the look of this car. Obviously it is now very very Fast and Furious inspired, but some of the ideas were actually taken from other sources like pics of different cars out of a few sport compact/import mags.
The first inspiration, once it was decided to go the Fast and Furious route of course, was the now very famous green Mitsubishi Eclipse:

This was obviously a logical direction due in large part to the fact that this Fiero was already painted a similar lime green.
However, still early on in it''s transformation as we started going in that direction I happen to pick up this mag:

This showed an Eclipse that had a great look that had similar lines to the Fiero and when I showed Jordan the piocs he immediately fell in love with this overall look:

He liked the look of the Terminator style wing on the rear and the black offset to the rest of the cars color by the carbon fiber hood.
Obviously no one makes a carbon fiber hood for the Fiero "yet" (that I am aware of anyway) so we went the next step by creating a similar look by swapping out the lime green painted hood with a plain black Fiero hood and then we added some carbon fiber vinyl to part of it. The hood vents we found a bit later and added those for a unique custom look to help the Fiero keep some unique identity of it's own.
As you know we also tried to create a front semi wide mouth nose that gave a similar look:

We have now obviously set this on the back burner for now and may relook at it in some way in the near future.
Even though we have gone back to a standard aero nose, the Fiero still retains a lot of the look Jordan was shooting for from this car in the mag:

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
If you notice in the pics here, not only is the inspiration for the type of spoiler he chose very apparent but the interior of this yellow Mitsu,

displays seats that were also an ispiration for what he currently has now.

Then the sequal came out, 2 Fast 2 Furious.
That Nissan Skyline with the logos up the hood really caught Jordans attention,

and I thought it looked pretty familiar.
Deja vue?
Nope, take a look above at the pics of the yellow Eclipse's hood again.

Steve

Savagery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SavageryClick Here to visit Savagery's HomePageSend a Private Message to SavageryDirect Link to This Post
I think we need to see more pictures. Perhaps a shot of the right rear tire?
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Ok, but just remember you asked for it:

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I was finally able to take some beter (non digital camcorder) updated pics and close ups:

Savagery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SavageryClick Here to visit Savagery's HomePageSend a Private Message to SavageryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Ok, but just remember you asked for it:

Steve

LOL

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
Steve,
Why is everything "Jordans" Fiero? Why not say its the family Fiero. What about your poor little girl, she doesnt have her own Fiero. I feel sorry for her. Jordan gets all the attention, and she gets nothing.

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO
See My New Website at www.furiousfiero.owns.it

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
LOL
Well, first off we don't really have a "family" Fiero. Each member that wants one has or "will" have there own, with some of us having more than one
As for my daughter, Tarrah is keeping a carefull watch out for something that catches her eye believe me.
It will be interesting to see what type of color/style my daughter decides to go with after she finally picks out her Fiero

Don't feel sorry for her, she will be well on her way with her own awesome ride very very soon

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I havent heard much about her lately. Just Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan,

...so I guess I'll just wait for pics.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Hi this is Tarrah
I think its neat that my 10 year old brother can beat much older people than he is and that it;s something that he and my dad can do together and that is pretty cool

I don't have a car yet but when i do watch out

My teacher Mr Gamble at school calls me Fiero because my family have so many
Im used to it

See you all soon with my new Fiero

Tarrah Kelley

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C