Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions by Fiero5
Started on: 10-28-2002 11:06 AM
Replies: 310
Last post by: Fiero5 on 10-16-2003 08:15 PM
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fierowiks:

whered ya get the side skirts?

The side skirts are part of a larger kit made by Kamei. They also make a chin spoiler type under the nose piece (which we didn't get) and a rear bumper add on piece which we also have but as we are not sure if we like the rear bumper piece yet we have not added that one so far.

Here is a link to another Fiero owner and his cardomain web page where he picked up the same Kamei kit: http://members.cardomain.com/trickedoutfiero

Page 3 shows him installing it.

Steve

IP: Logged
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2003 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
These pics were taken at Chester and Elvira's place. They have this huge tree in the front lawn which if I remember correctly is the oldest pine tree in NH.
Anyway, I loved the look of the big tree with the Fiero in the shot.

Steve

fierogt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt88Send a Private Message to fierogt88Direct Link to This Post
Dear Jordan:

I like your car.
I photoshopped some ideas.

Chopped top.
Lowered front.
Tinted rear window.
Black roof.
Black rear deck.
Shaved antenna.
Shaved doorhandle.
EDIT: lildevil style sailpanels.
(aligned front nose better - by somebody else)
(molded side skirts - by somebody else)

I also think the lettering on the green parts would look better in black than they do in yellow, but that's just an opinionated opinion.

[This message has been edited by fierogt88 (edited 07-12-2003).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I will ask again. Steve tell me about the fuel door.

NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt88:
I photoshopped some ideas.
...Black roof...

I like the black roof too.. make sthe lines flow better.. IMHO

Josh

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I will ask again. Steve tell me about the fuel door.

Sorry.
The current "fuel" door is more for look than substance as that was the only thing we could find at the last minute before a show. It is an aluminum replacement section for the outer door part only, but as soon as we locate a whole replacement racing style fuel door and mech we will go with that instead.
I think I have since found one that says it fits a Chevy S-10 that may also work or be easily modified for the Fiero.

Steve

Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
This car does kind of grow on you. Now that the add-ons are body colour it is all coming together really well, even the nose. Keep it up guys, whenever I get the impression that you have gone astray, you do something that makes it all work out right. Congratulate Jordan.

Ira

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

The side skirts are part of a larger kit made by Kamei. They also make a chin spoiler type under the nose piece (which we didn't get) and a rear bumper add on piece which we also have but as we are not sure if we like the rear bumper piece yet we have not added that one so far.

Steve

hey, i've got that same rear facia piece from pondski a while back. i was playing with it some before i left for the desert. i bonded it to the facia with bumper epoxy, and also kind of started filling in the bumper pads with the same epoxy to try to give it more of a one piece look. had another idea but it will have to wait till i get back. i think it's worth playing with.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The side skirts really make the nose look a lot better, I have to say. Keep up the good work. My son is only 4, but when he older I plan to give him one of my Fieros as his own.

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

Firebird Interior Installation Thread

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Here is a shot showing Jordans custom made Altezza tail lights lit up:

As for pics of the neons all lit up, I still have not figured out how to get the digital camera to take any good pics of them.
Here is one attempt to get a shot of the interior neons lit up:

As you can see, they barely show up and only the lower section of the windshield ones really showed up. The shift boot neons barely show and you can't see any of the under dash ones ;(
The shots I have taken of the full set of green under the car neons have all come out terrible so far.
We will keep trying though

Steve

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Steve, look for an option on your digital camera that will turn the flash off. It is often a button with a lightening bolt or a menu choice, when chosen the control panel display will usually show a lightening bolt in a box with a diagonal line through it (think of a no smoking sign). A tripod will now come in handy since the shutter speed may be very long.

If I knew which camera you have I could find out the details for you, night shots are a lot of fun. You see photography is a hobby of mine, see: http://www.k12.nf.ca/gc/Staff/Teachers/Crummey/gallery1.htm

Good luck with your next night shots
Ira

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Ira, it's an Olympus Camedia D-520 with zoom.
The problem is that when I turn off the flash and snap a pic, I can't see anything in the pic.
Though to be honest I haven't really spent a lot of time yet trying to figure it out

Steve

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Try turning off the flash and then bumping up the exposure compensation by +1.5 to +2 stops, see if that works. The camera takes very nice pictures, sharper than my wifes old Kodak, a 1MP Kodak 200plus.

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
You have a pm about your intake system.

BTW what size tires are you using on those GT wheels?

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 07-16-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
The tires are new 20565R15 all the way around.
The cold air intake is a modified Civic AEM system that is integrated directly into the tubing vent that comes up from the side vent.

The car definetly has some kick, just ask my Dad that drove it today

Steve

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
I really like the car's stance, the wheel/tire combination, along with those rocker panels, gives it a very agressive look. I am not a big fan of the ultra low profile, large wheel diameter, look. I like to see some rubber, I guess that comes from my fascination with late 1960s sports protypes such as the Ferrari P series cars, the Porsche 904/906/908/917 and the Ford GTs, they all had substantial amounts of visible rubber.

The car hasn't been lowered has it? I think it sits just about perfect now, the only change I would like to see is some adjustment to the nose like we discussed earlier. My youngest son is 12 and he is the only one of the three to show any real interest in cars so maybe I will get to do a father/son project some day.

Ira

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2003 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Ira
At this time it has not been lowered.

Here is a shot of Jordans newest feature.
A break away steering wheel

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2003 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2003 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Steve, your last entry has me puzzled?

Ira

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2003 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post
I think he's saying the car gives him wood(in the background).
KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2003 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
whos the black fiero in the background?
PFF
System Bot
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2003 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Just keeping his place while he is at the 20th anniversary festivities, ...bump.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KRuzn MAchines:

whos the black fiero in the background?

Thanks for the bump Ira
That Fiero in the background is Jordans mothers Formula (LVMY88).

Steve

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
With a fastback rear clip and a raised wing no less.

My hood vent is coming along but I am still curious, what vents are you using on a couple of your cars (not this formula), they look very good.

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 07-20-2003).]

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
...Fiero Rice...
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
I am bumping this ball back into play.

Well Steve welcome back to the land of praise and abuse. Did you notice that most of the abuse comes from people with red bars showing? Personality flaw perhaps? I am waiting to see what else is in store for Jordan's car.

Ira

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Jordan, That car is awesome. I wish i could have met you at the 20th show but your dad said you were sleeping. I hope you you had a good time. I was looking foward to seeing your Fiero but I guess I can wait till next time.

------------------
Fierokid's baby:
R.I.P.V-6 Swap 1987 Blue Fiero
sport coupe

White 1988 Fiero Formula
AIM: Fierokid87
Rate Me Please

2.9L V-6: 2030 Compucam, Darrel Morse Fuel Presure Regulator, 9.5:1 comp, zeroed out ballanced crank, contecting rods matched, MSD 6A ignition box and Blaster GM style coil, Darrel Morse Bored out TB and intake, 19# Mustang Injectors, Removed TB coolant lines, Darrel Morse Dogbone strut, and more to come

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
SkiTime visits Plainfield and get's to meet Jordan

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Last week, the radiator in Jordans green beast decided it wanted to make my life even more hectic than it allready is
It started as a small leak that caused the car to begin to overheat if I stopped in traffic for even a few minutes. Before I could get anywhere to take a look at it...Blam!... the radiator blew a hole so big in the cheap plastic side housing that I was barely able to make it to a parts store before causing serious damage to the engine.
After over 4 hours stuck at the Advanced Auto parts place in West lebanon trying to fix it myself (My father the mechanic was gone for the day), I was finally able to patch the hole with some of that "turns to steel in just 5 minutes" crap just long enough to hold enough water to get me home without blowing up.
Here is my "mechanic" and I finally having some time to fix the problem.
I had allready freed up most of the radiator a few days ago when I patched the hole, so it didn't take us long to finish taking out the old radiator. My Dad first removed the headlight assembly on the pass side and took out the overflow bucket to give him more room to work:

Due to the low front end I could only get one side up on a ramp, which was fine as we really only needed to get that side up to reach the lower hose on the passenger side anyway:

With old radiator now out, we could easily see what the problem was. In a winter sometime back the fluid in this radiator had apparently frozen and bulged out this side of the plastic housing causing it to split. When the engine overheated on me due to the temp module in the engine area being defective, the pressure found an out in the weak area of this split:

My Dad picked up a new temp module and he also picked up a better V6 radiator from Bob Parker at Kick Hill to replace the smaller 4 cyl one.

My Dad discovered that the radiator we were taking out was a replacement of the original. Jordans Fiero is a 5 speed, and the radiator we were taking out was an automatic. That is assuming that this isn't just another manufactureres error.
The bottom of the radiator and the support had been damaged (someone had at one time driven into a curb or something) so he had to take that support piece out first and repair it before we put in the new radiator.

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 08-05-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
We then cleaned up the radiator area to get it ready for the better and bigger V6 radiator:

Here is the new radiator going in

Here you can see my Dad doing some last minute adjustments and tightning up the clamp on the lower hose

Now to take out the defective temp module that was not turning on the radiator fan causing half if not most of the overheating problem to begin with

Here is the old defective module and the new one

The empty hole waiting for the new module

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Test fitting the new module

Once the module was tightened in the plug is snapped back on the end

With new module now in and the radiator and the fan all put back together and installed,

it was time to fill her back up with 50/50 radiator fluid and then fire Jordans beast up.
A test drive a few minutes later and Jordans green Fast & Furious beast was back on the road again

Steve

PFF
System Bot
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Doesn't the module on the front of the cylinder head control the fan? Better check that out, you may need another module as well.

Ira

87V6GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87V6GTClick Here to visit 87V6GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87V6GTDirect Link to This Post
Hi IRA. No this is it.I allready tested out the wire that went to this module and the fan came on(with the key on) and it worked.How about those WHEELS,I didnt know Steve was doing it.Have FUN! Russ.K.

[This message has been edited by 87V6GT (edited 08-05-2003).]

Seeker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeekerSend a Private Message to SeekerDirect Link to This Post
Great link. Lot of fun watching all the stages and mods. How about a sinister theme for the car along the lines...
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Russ,
Yeah, the wheels are great, I used a sanding drum on a low speed rotary tool (slow dremel?) to clean up the bit of curb rash, then I used some Permatex Gasket remover spray to strip the paint. The outer rims on three of the wheels have some corrosion from where the balance weights were mounted but the fourth is near perfect. They look so good that when they are completely stripped and the rims are polished I may forget about paint and just clearcoat them. Here is a picture, still lots of paint in the holes, need another can of Permatex:

Steve, I don't have any centre caps so if you can spare a set I would appreciate it (under the circumstances I feel bad about asking).

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-05-2003).]

80's BOY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 340
User Banned

Report this Post08-05-2003 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
Edited because I was drunk.

[This message has been edited by 80's BOY (edited 08-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by 80's BOY (edited 08-06-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
80's boy, your too funny.
Your getting all worked up over one pic with a cute comment?
I guess you missed the that followed that comment about Jordans new feature.
We actually had the steering wheel off to work on something else and while it was laying on the floor I took the pic because I thought it made for an interesting pic.
Sorry to see that you still don't have a sense of humor

Steve

80's BOY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 340
User Banned

Report this Post08-06-2003 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
Oh I get it. I apologize, now I get it. Yeah it was late when I posted that so now I see.

Don't drink and type... LOL.........

Brian

P.S. the pics of my steering wheel kit are under the "Mall" ad for my Targa project.

Not to flame here, but the paint on the car and the paint on the bumper/ground effect do not match. Why not ? I used to paint cars that's why I ask where the mistake was made.

T-top Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for T-top FieroSend a Private Message to T-top FieroDirect Link to This Post
On a "normal" stock 2.5 the sensor in the thermostat housing is the ECM temp sensor. The radiator fan switch should be the one sticking out of the left front of the head.

Pat

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 80's BOY:

Not to flame here, but the paint on the car and the paint on the bumper/ground effect do not match. Why not ? I used to paint cars that's why I ask where the mistake was made.

We have had 3 different places try and match the paint with no success as you can see. The local Maynards even has the correct exact paint chip and still can't match it, and Sanels has a paint color matching system with a portable unit that they take out to your car and shoot the paint on a selected spot to get an exact match and they can't even get close either. I wish we were closer to better paint people as these guys don't have a clue and obviously don't care

Steve

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock