Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lime Green Fiero: My son Jordan & I have a few questions by Fiero5
Started on: 10-28-2002 11:06 AM
Replies: 310
Last post by: Fiero5 on 10-16-2003 08:15 PM
Monza76

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Hey, Jordan and Steve, where are you???

I have been trying to contact you so I thought that bouncing this would get your attention. And since page 7 is mine, you can't miss it.

I am going to "pay it forward" on your good deed by passing my styled steel wheels on to 85SE, if he comes to Gander to get them. I am busy with house improvements (repairs actually) and some mechanical issues with the Fiero, so I put my youngest to work scraping the paint from all of those holes, any suggestions? I will probably use aluminum coloured paint (like I used on my 14s) for the centres and then try to polish and clearcoat the rim. Annette likes the silver colour, similar to what you have done with Jordan's I believe.

Got my tee-shirt, still not sure what I will do for tires, hope to have enough money saved by September to do the ball joints.

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-15-2003).]

IP: Logged
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Sorry Ira, as we have been kinda busy lately.
With Jordans radiator needing replacement and then the kids Ferret Snuggles getting very ill: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/016470.html
I have been tapped out of cash, even having to temporarily use some money that was going for a few bills just to have gas money for the rest of the week to get around until my next paycheck

I was able to send you another package though with a few added surprises in it

Steve

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Steve,
Hope everything works out, we are always in financial straits, hopefully We can all pull it together. I haven't forgotten the video, I'll have to drag two VCRs into the same place and make that copy, meanwhile check out the entries for this years Targa Newfoundland. I will be a corner marshall again this year.

BTW, hope the ferret is OK.

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Monza76

1298 posts
Member since Jul 2002
Hey Steve, what did you use to paint Jordan's wheels? As I said earlier, Annette likes the metallic look so I will go with aluminum colour paint (Tremclad is a very good paint available locally). Still trying to get all of the old paint off, the results are great but it is very labour intensive.

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
This page needs a picture (and a bump). Keep us posted on any updates guys.

88fieroformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fieroformulaClick Here to visit 88fieroformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88fieroformulaDirect Link to This Post
if that car is going to a show then it needs a paint job. not a few purple accents here and there. it looks like you are going to take ne thing that can be un screwed and taken off and paint it purple. personally i think that it doesnt look too good. it needs a paint job. save a lil money and go out on a limb. dont rush into things because you can go to wal mart and get some paint and paint small parts on the car. after paint then at least some stock lace fiero wheels.
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
88fieroformula, I think you missed something , the purple accents were gone by the bottom of page 2 (thankfully) and the lace wheels went on on page 3, by page 6 you wouldn't recognize it (except for the colour) and this is page 7. Love it or hate it, it is very individual, and a great "team" effort. It still needs to have all the paint matched but Steve already explained that.

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Monza76

1298 posts
Member since Jul 2002
Steve and Jordan, what are the details of your roof scoop? I have some ideas I want to check out and that scoop represents one of them.

Ira

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
The roof scoop we purchased for Jordans Fiero is made by AutoVentshade.
Hope that helps.
That reminds me, that is another brand decal that I need to put on Jordans car

Steve

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Steve, saw this auction and though of jordan's car. Maybe it would be something you'd like to pick up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3543922165&category=36503
KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post

KRuzn MAchines

1102 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Pardon my laziness steve cause its probably stated somewhere in the thread before but where are jordan's ground effects from?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
That green toy Fiero is pretty cool

The ground effects were made by a company called Kamei. We picked them up at Kick Hill from Bob Parker.

Steve

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Hi again steve. Does kamei have a website or am i S.O.L.?
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Kamei in America as far as I know has been defunct for quite awhile now. The only way to get any of their US stuff like the Fiero ground effects is to get lucky like I did in finding a good used set for sale somewhere, and/or keep an eye out on e-bay as well.
Kamei's UK division is still around though: http://www.kamei.co.uk/
but it is all foreign stuff

Steve

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Too bad the Kamei kit is no longer available, it was very cool. The complete kit included:
1) Very nice front air dam
2) The side skirts on Jordan's car
3) A ground effects rear bumper facia (not the best part of the kit)
4) A soft rear spoiler (European laws at the time required soft edges on rear spoilers for protection of pedestrians)
5) Hood edge splitters, they ran up the fender peaks to separate the air going past the side of the car from the air moving over the car. These were popular on late 70s to early 80s race cars, check out the old BMW CSLs.

There is a green Fiero in Ontario that has all of the ground effects parts, here are some pictures:

and rear:

The scoops, vents and sail panels are not part of the Kamei kit, and I have no idea about the wing, too narrow to be a stock wing. It seems to be an 84 (4 spd shift cables) but with a Mustang scoop (on an 84 decklid, see the vents underneath) and later vented side panels. Sorry I don't have any more details, the last IRM catalog I had (so many years ago) had the entire kit for sale.

BTW one more cool thing about the Ontario car, it is a Duke!!! (and he has GT wheels as well)

Good to see there are still a few of us left He really should get the recall done though, look at where the dipstick is!

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-18-2003).]

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Monza76

1298 posts
Member since Jul 2002
Here are what those splitters looked like on a BMW 3.0CSL:

The Kamei's for the Fiero carried back a little farther toward the winshield I believe.

Ira

If I ever find the old IRM catalog I will scan it and post it, however it was a photocopied catalog so the picture quality is not good, perhaps someone else out there had a better one and could scan the Kamei kit.

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-18-2003).]

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2003 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I say he needs a GT Rear Facia now!
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Something a little more agressive, like the rest of the car, would certainly be in order. Just bumping this (again) to get more suggestions.

Great job guys, now you have the bold (Jordan's) and the "tastefully understated" (Marian's)

Ira

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2003 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Are you gonna put any aftermarket wheels on it? If not, I think you should paint the calipers the same color green, and buy my Black Lace Wheels , Just to match the rest of the car!
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2003 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Ira, did you see this thread yet: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/033039.html

That should give you a few more recent pics of Jordans green beast to look at

Steve

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2003 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Hey Steve, have you seen this yet: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032985.html

I thought you might be interested in the idea of another project with one of your, "lesser" Fieros.

Ira

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Yes I did, and it is an interesting idea. Many of those unique cars have of course unique features and I am still keeping my out for other cars in say salvage yards for example that would have simlar pieces to add to the Fiero.
Will keep my eyes open.

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
We are getting ready to do a bit more on his Fiero, and I had a couple of left over unique shots that I thought I would post:

This is a better shot of his white face guages:

Steve & Jordan

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 08-26-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Just for fun:
Jordan Kelley and his green beast star in...

A scene cut out of the movie:

Earlier sig design:

And just to make sure no one messes with his Fiero, the perfect protection for it:

Steve & Jordan
------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 08-26-2003).]

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
WHERES the KaBOOM!?!? There is supposed to be an EARTH shatering KaBOOM!????!?!?!

------------------
87 2M4 5 spd Daily Driver Project 2m$
86 SE Needs every thing but a Motor & Sunroof Seal!!! Now for Sale! $750.00
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2003 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I wonder what Jordans Fiero could be doing up on the second level?

This is usually where we do most of the major work on the Fieros

A cool shot over the hood of Fiero1:

Now, I am sure many of you were wondering, what happens when Marvin and K-9 go off to battle Duck Dodgers?
Well, we have a back up person who covers while they are gone:

Last but not least, thought I would include a pic showing a more quieter moment:

In another few days we will be unveiling the latest little things we have been doing on Jordans green beast.

Steve & Jordan
--------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2003 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Oops, I forgot one

Jordan loves Garfield

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2003 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
OK, so quite a few people mentioned that we should try a GT aero nose on Jordans green beast and see how that looks.
So we did that just in time for the Spindles show.
Here it is ready to go:

And yes, I agree it needs a chin spoiler.
I am looking into seeing if a '91 Camaro RS front chin spoiler can be modified to fit without too much trouble as I have access to one of the those already.

Let Jordan know what you think of his latest nose

Steve & Jordan

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2003 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
It is not as unique as the other nose, but it does look better. I will be interested in seeing the chin spoiler.

Ira

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Jordan kicks butt at local car show!!!
We went to another local car show. Every year they have the Glory Days of the Railroad in White River Jct Vermont. Tons of things going on including a very large car show. No Fiero class so we get stuck in the Special Interest class. Lots of different and unique cars. We thought one of us might have a chance of taking an award (they give out big ribbons) over the other cars in our class.
Well, here I am taking third:

Here is the second place winner:

Jordan!!!

.....and first place went to a shortened van that was pretty cool:

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 09-09-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
This same van won big at the Lebanon show a few weeks ago, so we didn't feel too bad:

Here is the proud second place winner:

Here I am with my little car buddy:

LVMY88 was there with her awesome black beast. She said she was happy for us, even though she got beat out by us

The crowd there was very interested in the Fieros and we were constantly asked all day long lots of questions about them.
Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, but the DV camcorder kept screwing up all day, and I was actually lucky to have any useable footage at all.
As soon as I can get more useable pics off the crappy DV tape I will post a few more like a few cool shots of Marians black beast cruising down the highway.

Steve

PFF
System Bot
KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
hell yeah man. It's good to see the pride and joy on jordan's face! Congrats congrats!

Mark

------------------

Y2J inspired sig
Rate me daddio!
Watch the progress of Kruz'n GT
The countdown to the redebut of Kruz

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

the original slime lime fiero

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Wow! That thing looks awesome!
I love the chin spoiler on it. Just the kind of thing Jordans green beast needs.
The hood is so cool among the other neat mods it has including that cool digital dash.
Thanks for sharing

Oh, and thanks for the bump too

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
I just noticed that in the 2nd pic it still shows what appears to be a stock set of guages, but in the 3rd pic it then shows the digital guages.
Must be before and after pics?

Steve

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
here are a few more pics

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
yes the stock dash just didnot fit well with the cars performance and I'm glad you got rid of the old front bumper
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Congratulations to Jordan and Steve for the great showing. The car is looking much better with the GT nose.

bubbajoexxx, is that a carbed 4.9? How about some mechanical details? Slime green is beginning to grow on me

Ira

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Where did you get those kewl lime green spark plug wires???

Jordan says he likes those!

Steve & Jordan

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 09-09-2003).]

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2003 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by bubbajoexxx

Bubbajoexxx I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Nice sharp car too.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car UPDATED 8-11-03

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock