Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  UPDATE: The Turbo Ecotec Fiero (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
UPDATE: The Turbo Ecotec Fiero by fieroturbo
Started on: 01-17-2004 11:54 AM
Replies: 661
Last post by: fieroturbo on 07-18-2011 11:26 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alienfiero:

On early sunbirds turbos if you double klick the igintion key you'll double the boost. You can keep doing this untell something brakes.

That sounds too much like an urban legend...

------------------
Punch the gas and feel the back step sideways; rip off a powershift and hear the tires punished by torque; downshift, lift off and feel the engine braking that only comes from big cubes, listen to the pop and gurgle. Know that you are driving an American V8. There are finer engines made, but none that are this cool.

Luck, Fate and Destiny are words used by those who lack the courage to define their own future

IP: Logged
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Ecotec
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

That sounds too much like an urban legend...

I've heard that from somebody with a turbo bird... I think you can only do it once though or else the engine shuts itself down... I think lol

87SEbeast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87SEbeastSend a Private Message to 87SEbeastDirect Link to This Post
If you double click the ignition key, the only thing you will do is fry your starter. Try putting a boost controller on the wastegate vacuum line. That can double your boost, but even with an intercooler, you need to match boost levels to the adiabatic efficiency of the turbo, or you just have a really big hair dryer. sure you COULD push 20lbs of boost through that intercooler, but it wont cool it enough, and it will heat the air. hot air=bad, unless you drive a diesel. Could you please post the url of the site where you found this info... I still find it a littly hard to belive.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
What is the progress so far? I really really want to put an ecotec (bone stock) in mine. If he says you can keep and use the Isuzu 5-speed manual. I'm in for sure.

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Uh... I believe the joke is that the starter motor is still stronger than the sunbird motor with the turbo... let it go...
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
wow... whats sad is that i didnt pick up the joke untill you said it... o well HOWS THE ECOTEC GOING?!?!?!?!?!!??

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Good news. The pistons are en route!!! The "Ecotec-to-Fiero tranny" adaptor plate should be done next week as well.

On a bad note, my truck's spoiler fell off, lol. The pedistals had wood in them.....WOOD. Who uses wood in the core of a spoiler? What is wrong with 100% fiberglass?

And with the Sunbird turbo's, that 2.0L is a nice little engine. I have some gripes with the cylinder head, but otherwise, my Olds Firenza 2.0L served me well (same motor, no turbo). I drove it to the junkyard, and darn proud of it. The back end held together just long enough to get it to the parking lot of the yard. Darn Ford pickup nearly totaled that puppy. I miss that car but if it didn't get wrecked, then I may not have my Fiero

As far as turbines, Will, turbojets can be converted to turboshaft, turboshaft to turbo fan, etc. You got my gist though. And yes, like I said, jet turbines have poor throttle response... and Airdales rule!!! Don't any of you black shoes forget that!!! ( LOL :P )

L8r!

------------------
Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli
Patrol Squadron Ten, United States Navy
1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, soon to be 2.2L ECOTEC TURBO (THE PROJECT HAS STARTED!!!)
1988 Oldsmobile Firenza 2.0L non-turbo (R.I.P.my beloved J-body. K.I.A. by a Ford)
1994 Chevy S-10 4.3, it's finally here, and it is gorgeous!

rvalmore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rvalmoreSend a Private Message to rvalmoreDirect Link to This Post
FieroTurbo I have a 2003 Vue 4cyl with a VTI transmission in it AWD and I am getting 27 mpg in that vehicle.That model weights 3430 so this engine in a 2400-2500 lb car that is much more wind friendly should get you closer to the 40 mpg range.Granted that Vues VTI does pickup 3-4 mpg over a normal automatic.I was going to go 3.1 or 3.1turbo from a Grandprix to save some weight over the 2.8 and 3.4s .Also becuase of the easier swap,but if we can use our current trans. that changes everything. I've got a ecotec begging to be grabbed at my local bone yard right now w/11,000 on it.The rear of the sunfire is in that front seat.I think getting these engines to 210-240 would make our little beauties nasty little rockets!!! There was an article I read somewhere about how GM uses a technique to cast the blocks that uses styrofoam.(I think thats what I read)very interesting.Anyway keep up that good work you are converting me back to a 4cyl swap for my duke with every page.I am very interested in the trans adapter.I can personally atest to the durability of this engine in my Vue.We have had it for about 2.5 years almost 60,000 miles already NO problems.
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
*cough* 11,000 views!?! You must have alot of weight on your shoulders there fieroturbo . Keep up the good work, gonna love seeing an actual picture of it in the fiero .

James

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
GOOD NEWS!!! The R&D part of the engine adapters has been completed. If you want a set, with flexplate/flywheel spacer, contact Ceticars@aol.com. For the time being, he's the source for them. Once I complete my project, I'll most likely be able to make the adaptors on my own.

rvalmore, even though this eco is going in such a light car, something to keep in mind is that my setup will be turbocharged. Even though the volumetric effeciency will be as high as 96%, as low as 90%, there will be some loss of MPG. I don't estimate anything higher than 35mpg. For your setup in the Vue, that Continuously Variable Transmission certainly plays a big part in the MPG. Those definitely get better fuel economy than the regualr autos, and I'm sure a better ride, and better acceleration. To bad they can't hack the high torque that the Ecotec can put out when modified. I think the most a typical CVT can handle is 215 lbs/ft of torque, with the exception of the new Toyota Prius, cause that thing has an electric motor that puts out 275lbs/ft of torque, so that has to be able to handle more power.

If you're looking for a used ecotec, I think there's one on Ebay right now. I don't think it has an ignition module though, nor a wiring harness.

As far as how they make the engine blocks, yes, they do use styrofoam. It's called a "Lost Foam Casting" process. I'll take a close up of the block to show you guys. If you look up close to the Eco's, it looks like styrofoam, but it's really aluminum. It's almost a bit scary, but then again, I have yet to hear about anyone having cracks in any part of an Ecotec. I've found out first hand, these motors are stonger than they seem.

TTFN!!!

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, soon to be 2.2L ECOTEC TURBO (THE PROJECT HAS STARTED!!!)
1988 Oldsmobile Firenza 2.0L non-turbo (R.I.P.my beloved J-body. K.I.A. by a Ford)

PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
are your pistons there yet??? huh huh huh??? wow 11,000 views... thats just a few

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

rvalmore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rvalmoreSend a Private Message to rvalmoreDirect Link to This Post
Fieroturbo are you custom making the transmission adapter or is it already available?Who is making it if so.
I found on jbodies.org today about the 2.4 ecotec coming out .
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=307536&t=307536
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Yeah the 2.4L Ecotec is neat. 170HP, AND it has variable valve timing. Imagine the GM supercharger on that. I makes 240HP on the 2.2, so fair guess comes to about 265-270HP on the 2.4 VVT Eco.

For Ecotec Fiero #2, my dream is to get a Fiero Indy (with a bad motor, so I have a good excuse to rip it out ) with a 2.4 VVT, AND the GM supercharger (with smaller pulley for more boost), and mate it to a 4T65-E 4-speed auto tranny. With those, because the shifting is electronic, that makes one wonder... why not have pushbutton/paddle shifting? Get that carbon fiber momo steering wheel with the two thumb buttons on the wheel itself, and shift the gears with those

If I can't find an Indy, then an 84-87 Notchie, with an IMSA GTU body kit would suffice
-------------
11,000 views is something. I'm surprised it's gotten that far. I've wanted to change the subject title since page one, make it like Bryson's, where he actually says the HP goal on the title. Mine just says update, lol.

As far as the adaptor plate, someone is custom making it for me, but it's not a one off deal. More can be made if needed. Cost is around $400.

That takes care of the transmission to engine link, but for mounting the engine itself to the car, things are looking good as far as adaptors that won't need welding.

I can definitley make a bolt in lower mount for the Iron Duke people who want to install an Ecotec. It might be so close of a match, that it may only need two bolts and a few polyurethane spacers, or a metal spacer for those that want a solid mount.

The upper mount though is the catch. Drilling into the back side of the passenger side strut tower may be necessary. The upper mount isn't a dogbone on Eco's, like it is on dukes. The lower mount of an Eco is, but with the idea I have, it will eliminate the lower dog bone, for a two bolt setup like the upper mount.

Pistons didn't come yet. They're coming from CA, and going to Maine..... SLOOOOWWWW. Mail to Maine is slow reguardless.

That's all for now. Gotta go to work.

Peace out!

------------------

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Please tell me there will be a kit to go 2.8 to Ecotech for those of us who wish to do so some day.
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Of course!

The tranny adapter plate will work whether coming from a duke or a 2.8, and so will the upper mount.

The lower mount is the question. I think the lower engine mount on cradles for V6 models is farther to the right, so the adaptor will be diferent of course.

There are more 4 cyl Fieros than V6 ones, and we all know which one is underpowered, so it makes sense to work on a replacement for the weaker one first.

You V6 guys have plenty of upgrades, turbo kits are one of them. It's time that us 4 banger guys get in the spotlight for a change.

[This message has been edited by fieroturbo (edited 09-09-2004).]

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
LOL, anyone feeling like buying my Ecotec Getrag tranny?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/022306.html

come on, you know you want the latest and greatest FWD getrag ever

jsmorter1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorter1Send a Private Message to jsmorter1Direct Link to This Post
B-BU-BUM-BUMP
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
How long do you figure it will before the kit goes into production? This is the swap I'd eventually love to do! Only problem is that I had my 2.8 recently rebuilt and it has fairly good mileage on it. I'd like to run it into the ground first and save up a lot of money.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2004 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

And yes, like I said, jet turbines have poor throttle response... and Airdales rule!!! Don't any of you black shoes forget that!!! ( LOL :P )

Don't let an EN off a Spruance Class tin can hear you say that. Cold iron to Flank 3 in 15 minutes.

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2004 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

How long do you figure it will before the kit goes into production? This is the swap I'd eventually love to do! Only problem is that I had my 2.8 recently rebuilt and it has fairly good mileage on it. I'd like to run it into the ground first and save up a lot of money.

Lots of Nitrous will speed up the process of running it into the ground, LOL!

Well, the time schedule is this. Some BS stuff going on in the squadron, like uniform inspections, bi-anual Fitness test, hardcore room inspections (which are really getting on my nerves), and the pistons, rings, and new rod bearings won't be here till the end of the month, so my plan to get the bottom end of the motor assembled by oct 1st is a bit off schedule.

I'll have the cylinder head done sooner than I thought, so the motor could be assembled by the end of oct, in by december, and running by christmas. Tuning will take awhile, but my hope is to reach 500HP no later than Easter 2005. I can start kit prototypes this spring, but I deploy in June 2005, and don't get back till December that year, so expect kits to be sold no earlier than January 2006.

But then again, by then there will be way more Ecotec's to choose from, including the 2.4 Liter VVT motor, and the GM superchargers will be out and about, along with many more mods, including pre-wired aftermarket ECM harnessses, for like Tec-3 and Greddy, which will make my job easier
--------------------------------------------
Good news, I got the key ingredient needed for the cylinder head... 1mm oversized stainless steel valves! (can I hear a hell yeah?)

So now I can send out the valves and cylinder head to a machine shop, get the head ported and 'maybe' polished as well (polishing isn't always best, I'll explain in a sec) and get the valve seats machined for the extra 1mm diameter the new valves have.

1mm may not seem much, but take 1mm, multiply it across 16 valves, and you have an additional 16mm of breathing room for the engine. And what I was saying about polishing not always being a good option, is because slight turbulence can be a good thing, because it helps to mix the air and fuel together. Even though I have a turbo setup, which would add turbulence, there will be some distance between the turbo and the intake, so I have to do some more math for that.
---------------------------------------------
And as far as Airdales vs. Black shoes, I'm staying out of this one, cause I almost cross rated to ET from AT, meaning I was almost a black shoe.

Plus..... cooks are black shoes, and they make our food, and insulting them is a bad thing. Plus IT's keep the computers at the hangar up and running, which allows us to goof off on the internet while we're waiting for stuff to fix, LOL :P

But, airdales can easliy blow up ships and subs, so the black shoes better not say anything harsh either, hehe

I'll get pics of the valves on sometime later today. They were machined quite well, and will be a great addition to the motor.

later!

------------------

[This message has been edited by fieroturbo (edited 09-18-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2004 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, I hope to purchase the kit sometime down the road!
indyestrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indyestrieSend a Private Message to indyestrieDirect Link to This Post
WOW this topic is going on for awhile and after reading it, I will change my mind! I was thinking of a quad swap for my indy but all those comments are pushing me to the ecotec. Ecotec engines are easy to find but is there differences depending on the year of the donor car? I spoted a 95 sunfire gt with a 2.4l will this motor be compatible with the adaptor plate you worked on ? thanks
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Ecotecs are Ecotecs. Nothing majorly different.

Actually, I wish I could say the Quad 4 had the same bellhousing, but it doesn't, so no, this plate won't work. In fact, 95-up Quad 4's had a different bellhousing than 94-below Quad 4's. However, the transmissions that came with the 94-below Quad 4's WILL bolt into the stock Fiero tranny mounts, as Bryson so well proved to us. I think if you want to do a swap to a better 4 banger sooner, than later, the Quad 4 is a better bet.

Honestly, I originally considered the Quad 4 for this swap originally, but I wanted to squeeze out as much cornering and braking potential as I could out of my Fiero, so I chose the Ecotec.

See, the ecotec is 100% aluminum, whereas the Quad 4 has an Iron block, with an aluminum head. This makes the quad's block a bit stronger than the Ecotec, but not as light.

A major point with the Quad, is that I've heard it does better with nitrous (because of the iron block?) than the Ecotec, cause the Eco's DO NOT like nitrous. The Eco's work perfect with turbo's, but nitrous just makes things worse. The eco can't handle the cylinder pressures, nor the sudden hit of power from it. The most that the race teams could get was 358HP from an all nitrous Eco, whereas I've heard of over 450HP from an all nitrous Quad (supposedly).

So really, it depends what YOU want as far as power adders, if any at all.

At the moment, the Quad is a cheaper and easier swap than the Eco, simply becuase there are fewer Eco's, and it's a new swap that no one has really gone over step by step before, so although I don't want to stray you away from the Ecotec, I think if you come across a cheap Quad, go for it.

If you need an adapter plater, see what celticars@aol.com can't get you. The guy he works with can do all sorts of plates.

------------------

[This message has been edited by fieroturbo (edited 09-19-2004).]

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post

fieroturbo

1085 posts
Member since Jan 2003
12,000 views....YAY!!!
Joe23

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe23Send a Private Message to Joe23Direct Link to This Post
Fieroturbo, you have quite the monster thread going here, keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Joe

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Hi all!

As promised, here's a pic of the stainless steel 1mm oversized valves:

AND, I just got a brand new cometic Multi-layer-steel headgasket; reuseable over and over, doesn't need gasket sealant of any kind (goes on dry), and it's good to 30 psi

There's just one problem.........

UPS bent the hell out of it!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh well, at least the pistons are in transit. I've been waiting for so long on those, they had better be dipped in 24kt gold to make up for how long it has taken.

That's the problem with new motors like the Ecotec. That MLS headgasket from Cometic is the first non-copper performance headgasket ever made for the Ecotec, and it's only been on the market for about a month and a half.

Also, it seems that the ecotec is so nice, it's being discussed twice!!!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/056055.html
This new post seems to be more in the "N/A-bone stock is good enough for me!" interest, whereas the one you're reading now is "how much power can we get?"

That's all for now! Going to go work on my truck now. I'm re-doing the whole rear suspension.

------------------

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post

fieroturbo

1085 posts
Member since Jan 2003
Oh, and I did this for Bryson's Quad 4 Turbo thread, figure I may as well do it here.

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM -- do you think the headgasket will be alright? Looks good!
--Bryson
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
I could probabbly use it as a backup, like if I'm at the track one day, and I use just a little to much boost and blow the good one, and I need to replace it then and there.

Or maybe use it for any test bed motors in the future, cause MLS headgaskets can be re-used.

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
THE PISTONS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroturbo:

THE PISTONS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD, now post some pictures or get back to work haha

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post
Pictures now! There's time for work later...

*looks out at garage*

hmm...maybe that's why it isn't done...

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
LOL, I'm doing the work part now. Getting the old rods and pistons off. I'm sending the crank, the new rods, and the new pistons out to Texas to get balanced. This puppy will be smooth, and will increase the reliability of the stock crank.

$125 to balance and machine the stock crank, vs. $850 for a forged crank + the $125 needed to balance that........that's a no brainer. Stock crank!

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Oooohhhh yeah!

Lookie what I got me!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/022789.html

A nice 4.10 to smoke some 'Stangs and rice burners with

sheppard00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sheppard00Click Here to visit sheppard00's HomePageSend a Private Message to sheppard00Direct Link to This Post
have any pics of the head? did you go ahead and get it ported or port it yourself? yes it will help the VE of the enging and should be worth more that 20hp under boost conditions. It'll allow more air in the engine with less boost. the turbo doesn't have to work as hard.

pics pics pics.

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was thinking of doing the porting myself, like I did with my Oldsmobile 4 years ago (see signature), also cause I have two heads, incase I mess one up, BUT, since I also need the valve seats redone, because I have larger valves for this motor, I'm going to have a pro take care of it.

Here's the problem. Maine sucks. It's the worst state for a car guy. You tell them DOHC, and they look at you funny.

Maybe the place in Texas I'm sending my bottom end to can machine the head properly. We'll see how they do on the bottom end first.

------------------

cone shark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkDirect Link to This Post
fieroturbo - Do you think it would be possible to slant mount the ecotec?
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
cone shark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I know it was done in the drag car,
Have you given any thought to doing this in the Fiero?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock